Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #91
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Default Re: FGX XR6 Vs VF SV6 and the winner is ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
No they don't....dude.

What you are describing isn't diff slap and why didn't you get your diff bush replaced?
I have had it on brand new with 0kms! The utes and Old wagons were fine but the sedans have so many bushes the rear end is as loose as Pamela Anderson’s nasty!
-Prins VSI2 Vapor Injected LPG

Previous:
2007 Ford BF MK2 Futura Kashmir (RIP)
1988 Toyota Corolla AE82 CS Hatch White
williamisenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #92
Trump
bitch lasagne

It's been a civil discussion so far, lets keep it that way.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #93
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamisenuf View Post
Dude for a start my uncle built Barra i6’s at Ford! I am not talking about old Holden’s! Why du guys keep bringing them up! I am talking about FG vs VF! Not many of either were used at Taxis! Most taxis were Camry’s by that stage!

Old commodore V6 were ****! But the Latest SIDI are completly different engines and are superior to Barra i6’s!
Alright let's all calm down a bit here. We're all going around in circles here. I can't speak for the new FGs but my BA does kinda idle like a tractor, in the sense that it gently rocks and flutters a but rather than being silky smooth like the VFs. Personally I prefer the BA idle, it's nice, and it doesn't sound like a tractor which is the main thing.

As far as the cars go, they're competing cars in the same segment. That means they both have different approaches to the same question, so someone who prefers a Ford will think Holden's are ****e and vice versa. At the end of the day most fleet buys and private buyers went with the VF over the falcon and did so in staggering numbers.

We can go back and forth on personal opinion and argue which we think is better but at the Holden outsold the Ford by copious amounts and that proves the Holden was overall the better performing affordable large car for the general public. If I was buying a car for me I'd buy the Falcon, but in not going to objectively say that the Falcon is better than the VF. If it was, more people would've bought it.

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #94
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty321 View Post
Alright let's all calm down a bit here. We're all going around in circles here. I can't speak for the new FGs but my BA does kinda idle like a tractor, in the sense that it gently rocks and flutters a but rather than being silky smooth like the VFs. Personally I prefer the BA idle, it's nice, and it doesn't sound like a tractor which is the main thing.

As far as the cars go, they're competing cars in the same segment. That means they both have different approaches to the same question, so someone who prefers a Ford will think Holden's are ****e and vice versa. At the end of the day most fleet buys and private buyers went with the VF over the falcon and did so in staggering numbers.

We can go back and forth on personal opinion and argue which we think is better but at the Holden outsold the Ford by copious amounts and that proves the Holden was overall the better performing affordable large car for the general public. If I was buying a car for me I'd buy the Falcon, but in not going to objectively say that the Falcon is better than the VF. If it was, more people would've bought it.
Commodore didn't outsell Falcon because it was a better car, it outsold it because Holden won the marketing war and Ford hung the Falcon out to dry and didn't even compete by the time the fat lady sung...

This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #95
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty321 View Post

Great said man!

I live in Adelaide and I never see FGX anywhere because its not up to scratch with the competition, Yes the XR8 has an awesome engine Loved every second driving it but the car is just so crusty and in my option yes the engine is important but there is much more to a car than just its engine! nobody wants to buy a 2008 car for $30,000+ dollars. Its a rip off for something so outdated and Ford didn't just give up on marketing the Falcon they gave up on the whole car. The falcon should have had a better interior, updated Engine maybe Ecoboost i6, or at-least direct injection, Auto up and down windows LOL How long does it take and how hard could it be to have that feature?, better diff's, better diff setup, better technology, major overhaul of the suspension and diff cradle. Then we might be talking! But unfortunately Ford spent as little money as possible! Ford back in the EF days were always much better built and designed than the Holden Counterparts! But not now, the table has turned BIG TIME!

Previous:

Last edited by williamisenuf; 26-01-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 26-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #96
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
Commodore didn't outsell Falcon because it was a better car, it outsold it because Holden won the marketing war and Ford hung the Falcon out to dry and didn't even compete by the time the fat lady sung...
sorry, but when you hop in both,, its clear..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #97
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
Oh hell yeah man, I was looking at buying an FGX but I drove it and it was okay, but then I though oh I might try the VF just to see and I went for my test drive, came back and said I am buying the VF! Having owned 2 fords I was completely blown away by how much nicer the Vf was compared to the FG. Was like driving a 1999 Camry vs 2016 BMW haha!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #98
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
The Commodore since VE was always a nicer place to be in than a Falcon of the same era. The biggest issue was and still is the A-pillar in the Holden. However it was better marketing and better lifecycle support from Holden that won the sales race for them.

Old 26-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #99
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Great said man!

I live in Adelaide and I never see FGX anywhere because its not up to scratch with the competition, Yes the XR8 has an awesome engine Loved every second driving it but the car is just so crusty and in my option yes the engine is important but there is much more to a car than just its engine! nobody wants to buy a 2008 car for $30,000+ dollars. Its a rip off for something so outdated and Ford didn't just give up on marketing the Falcon they gave up on the whole car. The falcon should have had a better interior, updated Engine maybe Ecoboost i6, or at-least direct injection, Auto up and down windows LOL How long does it take and how hard could it be to have that feature?, better diff's, better diff setup, better technology, major overhaul of the suspension and diff cradle. Then we might be talking! But unfortunately Ford spent as little money as possible! Ford back in the EF days were always much better built and designed than the Holden Counterparts! But not now, the table has turned BIG TIME!
Why would Ford invest so much $$$ on a dead car? That is just stupid business. The market is not there, not one wants one. I'm surprised they even bothered releasing the FGX and not just continued FG mk2 production to the end. With the **** poor volume they sold in 2 years with the fgx they probably didn't even make their money back from all the tooling costs of new front sheet metal.
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #100
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
The Commodore since VE was always a nicer place to be in than a Falcon of the same era. The biggest issue was and still is the A-pillar in the Holden. However it was better marketing and better lifecycle support from Holden that won the sales race for them.
I actually would have had an FG over a VE anytime of the day, the engine was always noisy, no power, was a tin can on wheels, drove a VE in my old Job and back then I had my BF and was always a joy getting into my BF after that. But the VF is a completely different beast! I always hated the A pillars on the VE but never noticed them on my VF maybe they are smaller than VE's?

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #101
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
so moving your head is hard or lazy?? sorry if that sounds strawman,,but the question has to be asked.. "A PILLER"
Old 26-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #102
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
so moving your head is hard or lazy?? sorry if that sounds strawman,,but the question has to be asked.. "A PILLER"
It isn't an issue of laziness, the size and location of the A-pillar in the Commodore is a known issue. I know of several companies and a few govco departments that issued advisories about the pillar in the VE and onwards Commodore, that's how much of a concern they were.

Old 26-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #103
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
One thing I love about the Holden's is that you sit in it comfortably. The Falcons you feel like your driving a Van because your so high and the wheel is so low! I never felt comfortable in the Falcon, the Foam is way too soft, no Side Bolstering Support because the form was so soft! I don't regret selling my FG, I love my VF everytime it get into it!! Oh and remote start is awesome on hot days! Get in and nice and cool!

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #104
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
One thing I love about the Holden's is that you sit in it comfortably. The Falcons you feel like your driving a Van because your so high and the wheel is so low! I never felt comfortable in the Falcon, the Foam is way too soft, no Side Bolstering Support because the form was so soft! I don't regret selling my FG, I love my VF everytime it get into it!! Oh and remote start is awesome on hot days! Get in and nice and cool!
That's so awesome Dude. Good on ya..............
6 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #105
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
It isn't an issue of laziness, the size and location of the A-pillar in the Commodore is a known issue. I know of several companies and a few govco departments that issued advisories about the pillar in the VE and onwards Commodore, that's how much of a concern they were.
to be honest I don't know where this crap come from!!
my VXSII had the same pillars and it wasn't problem then, but now???

sounds like haters are going to hate,, judge a car on merits, not myfe..
me personally not a fan of 6cyl irrespectively of whom make them..
Old 26-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #106
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
I don't have remote start, Manuel trans...
Old 26-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #107
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
to be honest I don't know where this crap come from!!
my VXSII had the same pillars and it wasn't problem then, but now???

sounds like haters are going to hate,, judge a car on merits, not myfe..
me personally not a fan of 6cyl irrespectively of whom make them..
You do realise the VE is a clean sheet design with no body carryover from any previous Commodore, so the pillar comparison is moot...

Old 26-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #108
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
I don't have remote start, Manuel trans...
Oh man thats one of my favourite features! you can get a kit which plugs in and gives you remote start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMis3VEKUc

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #109
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No strawman.
The problem is it's big enough to hide a car that's close enough to kill you.

Happened in my r8 and scared the bejesus out of me. It's not a nice feeling knowing how easy it is to completely lose a car.
I never trusted that car after that incident.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #110
williamisenuf
Love my FG

Quote:
No strawman.

Happened in my r8 and scared the bejesus out of me. It's not a nice feeling knowing how easy it is to completely lose a car.
But seriously i don't know why its an issue in the VF because I don't even notice it! I don't think the A pillar is as big in the VF

Previous:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #111
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
You do realise the VE is a clean sheet design with no body carryover from any previous Commodore, so the pillar comparison is moot...
really??

although the berlina/Calais in the 2002VX was slightly larger than the VE/VF 2.2 milimeter..
Old 26-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #112
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
But seriously i don't know why its an issue in the VF because I don't even notice it! I don't think the A pillar is as big in the VF
To re-engineer the VE pillars would have cost a bomb, they weren't touched at all as a result.

Old 26-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #113
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Alright then... From the arguements presented on both sides of the fence, it appears the best Australian car really would have been a Falcodore.
... VF Sports Wagon with an FG Barra turbo.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #114
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Alright then... From the arguements presented on both sides of the fence, it appears the best Australian car really would have been a Falcodore.
... VF Sports Wagon with an FG Barra turbo.
Hazar!!!

Old 26-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #115
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
No strawman.

wow no peripheral vision, cant move head, sound lazy,,sarc sorry..

explane how you got your self into that predicament ...
Old 26-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #116
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I didn't realise it until I was bitten either.

Seriously be careful about it and recognise the problem, it might save your life.

Triple check, particularly to your left.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 26-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #117
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
wow no peripheral vision, cant move head, sound lazy,,sarc sorry..

explane how you got your self into that predicament ...
My peripheral vision worked perfectly at the last test.

Easy. Stopped at a T intersection. Car approaching on my left. Strangely I had a feeling something was there. So looked and looked and looked again....nothing. my head was bobbing all over the place. Ironically all that was doing was keeping the car behind the pillar.
Hidden!

Went to move off and there it was. I managed to stop and old mate could see that I couldn't see him and drove accordingly. There was no collision and no driver error.

That's why it's scary.

XC Cobra #181.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #118
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
My peripheral vision worked perfectly at the last test.

Easy. Stopped at a T intersection. Car approaching on my left. Strangely I had a feeling something was there. So looked and looked and looked again....nothing. my head was bobbing all over the place. Ironically all that was doing was keeping the car behind the pillar.
Hidden!

Went to move off and there it was. I managed to stop and old mate could see that I couldn't see him and drove accordingly. There was no collision and no driver error.

That's why it's scary.
never had that problem.. lucky guess
Old 26-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #119
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Someone get out the ban stick.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #120
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
Someone get out the ban stick.
um no',,

a public forum "must" be open to discourse..
free speech is paramount, otherwise eco chamber.