Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #901
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Hey guys,

Was looking to head to the gym tonight, but kinda got the can't be's. lol. yeah yeah I know, it sounds soft.

How do you guys get over the dreaded 'can't be's' or lack of motivation?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #902
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Usually just push through it and go...usually once you get there it's alright.

Doesn't hurt to have one day off here and there, don't make it a habit haha.

You'll be right once ya get those pushies mate

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #903
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Thanks mate yeah those push bikes are what I really want to get on. I just gotta work out what's more important at the moment, car mods or pushies. Lol.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 15-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #904
-Slayer-
BOSPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Hey guys,

Was looking to head to the gym tonight, but kinda got the can't be's. lol. yeah yeah I know, it sounds soft.

It's always good to train with someone else then u have to go, just as long as the other person doesn't convince u to not go lol

-Slayer- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #905
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Think of the feeling once your done with your workout.... You know that feeling, when it all feels too good even though your entire body is sore!
Old 15-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #906
loosey

As above if you have a reliable mate you goto the gym with it helps, if they're unreliable they're more trouble than they're worth.

I set aside an hour each day for exercise and put it in the same basket as work or sleep ie necessity. That's not to say i goto the gym each day, the exercise can be just walking the dogs, kayaking, riding, hiit etc
loosey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #907
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey guys,

Neogenix Thermo Jet

I highly recomend it . Its not just a energy suppliment either it raises your core tempreture so you get more fat burn from your work out , Just dont neglet the water .
Although if you drink it all the time you begin to rely on it then you start to get ammune to the energy it gives .

An just incase you not sure if i know what im talking about i gone from a overweight sloppy 105kg to a 79kg ball of muscle in around 12 months
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #908
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I don't have a gym partner so it's all been on me to motivate myself this past year. What helps me to go is thinking to myself, that I am fat and need to lose weight. I feel my problem areas and that usually helps me get into gear.

I will read more on the Neogenix Thermo Jet though, sounds interesting.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 15-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #909
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its defiently good stuff
Just to clarify im not saying take it all the time just when you lack that get up and go . I took some last night before heading to the gym because i was feeling really lousy after the long weekend . An i had to force myself to leave the gym i just wanted to keep going .

Just dont end up like me im like a junkie when i comes to gym supliments - love em
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #910
blueoval
Critical Thinker

yeah Im always a afraid of becoming reliant on supplements. It can be expensive. But some motivation powder is handy to have on days when I really need it.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 15-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #911
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
yeah Im always a afraid of becoming reliant on supplements. It can be expensive. But some motivation powder is handy to have on days when I really need it.
Don't rely on supplement's, just flick that switch in your head.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #912
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What are these 'Pink Magic' things I've heard about

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 25-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #913
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Hey fellas, how you all going?

I must say, I haven't been to the gym in quite a few weeks. The reason being, I bought a new bicycle as some already know, and have been riding that more often. It's been fantastic, and I have been hooked to it ever since.

So I plan to quite the gym, and just cycle around enjoy the outdoors while still getting exercise. I haven't weighed myself since last time, but I know I have been stable and in some ways I reckon I have lost more body fat again. Saw some family on the weekend and got great positive comments. Feeling as healthy as I have ever been.

Loving my bike, and intend on making it on the bike at least once if not twice a week during the week plus weekends. It's awesome.

Anyway, gonna hit the gym tonight, mainly to signs some papers in cancelling my membership. Looking forward to summer for some late afternoon/dusk riding as well. Bring it on.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #914
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Did my first RPM class tonight, 45mins, was tired after 15mins, exhausted after 30min and wanted to spew by the end of it!

But...

Like all workout programs tonights was the hardest step in starting as my cardio has been lagging a long way behind my strength training, sitting at about 96Kg at the moment, up from 94kg and it's not muscle hence why i decided to try a class as i'd rather neck myself than jump on a bike out of that enviroment.

Good luck with the bike Blueoval, not my thing but thats whats good about excercise/leasure activities, we all like different things.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #915
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Did my first RPM class tonight, 45mins, was tired after 15mins, exhausted after 30min and wanted to spew by the end of it!

But...

Like all workout programs tonights was the hardest step in starting as my cardio has been lagging a long way behind my strength training, sitting at about 96Kg at the moment, up from 94kg and it's not muscle hence why i decided to try a class as i'd rather neck myself than jump on a bike out of that enviroment.

Good luck with the bike Blueoval, not my thing but thats whats good about excercise/leasure activities, we all like different things.

I know exactly how you felt mate. I too was in the same position when I first did an RPM class. They are fantastic for burning fat, but if your body is not used to it, you feel like a truck has hit ya by the end of it. Legs are jelly, light headed and sweating more than pedo at a wiggle's concert.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 25-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #916
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Legs are jelly, light headed and sweating more than pedo at a wiggle's concert.

LMAO!

Im looking forward to our off season so i can start doing a few more classes as something different for a while.

Just going in to lift specific weights on any given day gets to be a bit of a snooze sometimes, i won't be stopping that but i'll have other things to look do there during the week aswell.
Old 26-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #917
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok so I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons but I think I better jump on this one, I admire all you guys who are motivated in your bulking up/slimming down, it's inspiring.

Basically my weight has gone up and down over the years but over the past 2 years I have put on about 15 kg and need to get rid of them plus another 5. Currently sitting just over 100 kg and I would very much like to get down to 80kg. I used to have a 32 inch waist for a while there and I want to be able to get into those jeans again. I have been watching what I eat and trying to be more active over the past month and have so far lost a grand total of two kilos

I eat reasonably healthy - I haven't eaten McDonalds/KFC etc since 2003 and don't drink much alcohol. I've never drank coca cola in my life (it's true!), have my weet bix for breakfast and always get my 5 serves of fruits and veg.

My biggest downfall is my aversion to rigorous exercise - I will happily walk 5 km but there's no way I would even think about running 500m. I have a fair bit of muscle, mainly from farm and manual work for a few years, but pathetic lung capacity, so cardio and that sorta stuff isn't easy. And I have definitely been known to get stuck into the chocolates and cake. So hopefully if I can tackle those two problem areas I will see a bit more success.

I need to find some sort of balance between an exercise that is gentle enough that I can enjoy and is rigorous enough to help get the blood pumping. I go for a walk for at least an hour every day and do a 7km bushwalk each week but obviously it isn't doing anything.

Any suggestions? I've thought about swimming but it's too cold to swim in the ocean and I'm too much of a tight wad to fork out to use the pool.
Old 26-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #918
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
Ok so I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons but I think I better jump on this one, I admire all you guys who are motivated in your bulking up/slimming down, it's inspiring.

Basically my weight has gone up and down over the years but over the past 2 years I have put on about 15 kg and need to get rid of them plus another 5. Currently sitting just over 100 kg and I would very much like to get down to 80kg. I used to have a 32 inch waist for a while there and I want to be able to get into those jeans again. I have been watching what I eat and trying to be more active over the past month and have so far lost a grand total of two kilos

I eat reasonably healthy - I haven't eaten McDonalds/KFC etc since 2003 and don't drink much alcohol. I've never drank coca cola in my life (it's true!), have my weet bix for breakfast and always get my 5 serves of fruits and veg.

My biggest downfall is my aversion to rigorous exercise - I will happily walk 5 km but there's no way I would even think about running 500m. I have a fair bit of muscle, mainly from farm and manual work for a few years, but pathetic lung capacity, so cardio and that sorta stuff isn't easy. And I have definitely been known to get stuck into the chocolates and cake. So hopefully if I can tackle those two problem areas I will see a bit more success.

I need to find some sort of balance between an exercise that is gentle enough that I can enjoy and is rigorous enough to help get the blood pumping. I go for a walk for at least an hour every day and do a 7km bushwalk each week but obviously it isn't doing anything.

Any suggestions? I've thought about swimming but it's too cold to swim in the ocean and I'm too much of a tight wad to fork out to use the pool.
Hey mate, considering getting a second hand mountain bike if you like to go into the bush. It's easy on the joints, great cardio work, and you can enjoy the outdoors more without ever feeling like your getting a workout. It could be what you need without realizing it.

Sounds to me your diet isn't your issue, but more your lack of any cardio work. So yeah I would definitely consider that. Perhaps lay off the choccys and other junk for a bit, and hit the trails 2-3 times a week and see how you go.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 26-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #919
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
LMAO!

Im looking forward to our off season so i can start doing a few more classes as something different for a while.

Just going in to lift specific weights on any given day gets to be a bit of a snooze sometimes, i won't be stopping that but i'll have other things to look do there during the week aswell.

Oh definitely mate. You gotta mix things up or you will get bored and you muscles will adapt and reduce any progress you make. RPM is killer for cardio, consider other classes, boxing, body combat or even do a PT pack with a trainer to maximize your workouts.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 26-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #920
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Hi all Dazzler here clocking in for some inspiration
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #921
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Dazzler - what kind of inspiration do you need bloke?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 26-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #922
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I have shelved the grog BIG time .. i have an up n go for brekkie at 4.30am .. then something hot for smoko around 9am then Muesli or cereal around 1pm and home by 4.30 ... where i have fruit or sangas for tea and decaffeinated coffee.

Problem is since i have been driving the trucks i have actually put on weight , even though i now eat healthier and drink 3L of water a day ????

Exercise is lacking obviously :(
Old 27-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #923
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
I have shelved the grog BIG time .. i have an up n go for brekkie at 4.30am .. then something hot for smoko around 9am then Muesli or cereal around 1pm and home by 4.30 ... where i have fruit or sangas for tea and decaffeinated coffee.

Problem is since i have been driving the trucks i have actually put on weight , even though i now eat healthier and drink 3L of water a day ????

Exercise is lacking obviously :(
Being in your work industry makes it difficult to exercise. By the sounds of it, the only way to help reduce some weight it choose your food more carefully. The booze isn't going to help, but you have decided to remove that from your diet which is an excellent thing. Great start.

Just a few tips from what you are telling us are:

Be careful of the Up'n'Go breakfasts in a drink box as some of these are laced with additional sugar.

Instead of eating white bread, change it to a seeded bread or whole grain bread as white bread just adds fat like no other. Rye bread is another good alternative.

With your coffee if you have sugars, just go down to half a teaspoon or 1 teaspoon at the most.

Reducing sugars and processed foods will help greatly. Increase your natural foods like fruits and vegetables. Reduce your salt on your food. If you can, remove it out all together.

Keep your water intake up as your doing. And only have the occasional alcoholic beverage on special occasion. For instance as a reward to yourself after a month of carefully watching what you eat.

Your choices start with what you put in your mouth. Consider your dietary intake with everything you eat and drink and remember that it's virtually impossible for you to exercise to burn the bad things off with your occupation. So it makes dietary intake far more important.

Now don't expect miracles to happen, without exercise it will be a slower process to achieve results, but if you stick to your guns, your body will get used to it and you will notice your clothes feeling bigger.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 27-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #924
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Hey fellas, how you all going?...
Havent checked in since April.... Since then gone from 114kg > 106kg, lean muscle mass at 82.8kg and body fat about 16.9% when you factor in the 4-5kg of "bone mass". Metabolic age of 20 down from 27.

At the moment doing 30-40mins weights 5 days per week (one muscle group per day) and 20 mins of cardio before to warm up.

Getting close now, estimate 102-103kg final weight and would like about 14% bodyfat so lean muscle at 83-84 would give me that.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #925
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Still bustin my small a$$ at the gym…

Eating more and hitting the protes now big time…Anyone want free tickets to the gun show ;-)

Still doing my 3 day split routine, arms each day. Need to get my stomach sorted out…No abs yet god dammit. Been meaning to get my measurements taken again.

Gym helps with my mountain biking now too…Can throw the bike around better and have more control through my legs. Oh, and no more hand pump!

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 27-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #926
Road Games

Cheers Blue oval .. damn i wanted pizza for tea LOL....

OK fresh start 108kg.. watch this space !
Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #927
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Second RPM session tonight, has been upped to 1 hour from 45 minutes and those extra two songs ontop of a very phisical game of Gridiron yesterday is a hell of a combo, rather sore right now!

The positive is that im already feeling very impressive gains, made the 45 minute mark quite comfortably compared to last time when we were already warming down and felt sick.

Keep it up guys, work hard for those goals and make them happen.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #928
blueoval
Critical Thinker

We have 1 hour session for rpm as well twice a week. It's usually harder and unpredictable than regular rpm. Worthwhile if u want a challenge.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 02-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #929
Road Games

105 kg
Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #930
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qycvOtuM4ww

bit of a laugh for us gym junkies.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex