Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #9241
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I got an email from service nsw on friday outlining the new relaxed covid laws. Now, just my opinion, and i hate wearing masks as much as the next person. So now its not manditory in shopping centres and a few other places. I would have thought whilst they've opened up people limits in places, masks would be the last thing they'd lax up on. Even though things seem to be relatively under control, and they ask people to do the right thing, thats never the case. From how i read things from the recent past, it only takes one or two to ruin it for more or less everyone. Look at the northern beaches outbreak. 2 people sent thousands into lockdown. So again, just my opinion, but i reckon relaxing mask rules is a bit premature.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what...greater-sydney
This is exactly why the NSW government cannot be trusted, specially the Premier who is an anti-masker herself. Why would you remove the need to wear masks so early on after an outbreak?

For crowded areas such as shopping centres, large retailers (Bunnings for example), public transport, etc. it should be mandatory. They have the highest risk of spread.

I'm not a fan of masks either, but I understand the need to wear one in places as I've mentioned above. As is the case in VIC. And VIC's don't have to wear a mask in places where it's not as crowded, like in smaller retailers.

I wouldn't trust that NSW is currently Covid free in the community. What is it now.. only 15 days without a local case? Yeah right. Cannot be trusted. The testing numbers have dropped off dramatically for a state just getting to the other side. Seems like a lot of NSW has adapted the 'if you don't test you don't get cases' that some Covidiot sprouted a while back.

I'm betting the Northern Beaches cluster won't be the last outbreak NSW has. The odds are pretty good for another cluster to pop up out of nowhere.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #9242
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
even though you posted this an hr and 15 min prier to all these requirements coming in to affect
im guessing you and all these covidiots were only down at the (crazy busy today) shop getting essentials and not panic buying places out
So in essence what you are saying is... even though everyone in the effected areas were well aware of a possible Covid cluster, and an impending lockdown was due to come into effect in a couple of hours, which will require everyone to wear a mask, one does not need to wear a mask until the rule actually comes into effect in a couple of hours??

Remind me again who the 'Covidiots' are? The ones wearing masks (Mr_G6ET), or the ones not wearing masks until they absolutely have to??
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #9243
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I see the Murdoch Systematic Media is back at work!

QLD Premier is calling on Federal govt asking for Job Keeper to be extended to tourism operators impacted by international border lockdowns. Particularly in FNQ and the islands. But don't let that get in the way of your bull**** posts hey??
I hate repeating myself but I think you missed it when you were last on.

Which part of the article mentioned International Borders?
Old 01-02-2021, 09:25 PM   #9244
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I bet Barilaro just about wet himself with joy. What do you expect when McGowan has had no problem dishing it out mate?

FYI I think Barilaro is a flog so that is no endorsement.
McGowan's rants are often in response to something that has been said, I don't think I've ever heard him just come out and slag someone off without coping something first. Could be wrong.

There is a time for political tit for tat, but less than 24 hours into a new outbreak is probably not it. In fact, its just plain nasty.

Also, how he can claim WA's strategy is pointless is beyond me. It is their 1st community case in 10 months. Their economy is humming, and they have been living with probably the least restrictions of any state. Lets hope they can get it under control. They have some pretty vulnerable communities to protect.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #9245
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
So in essence what you are saying is... even though everyone in the effected areas were well aware of a possible Covid cluster, and an impending lockdown was due to come into effect in a couple of hours, which will require everyone to wear a mask, one does not need to wear a mask until the rule actually comes into effect in a couple of hours??

Remind me again who the 'Covidiots' are? The ones wearing masks (Mr_G6ET), or the ones not wearing masks until they absolutely have to??
Thanks Tickford, good pick. I was there hours before the end time, posted when I got home. Also bought what I needed ONLY. This ****head and his Crazy mate are on a mission to dis whatever I post.
Unless of course they are truly daft as **** and literacy is an issue
Old 01-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #9246
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

yes yes exactly ! i see you picked up on all the mentions i did on masks
im so lucky i never mentioned panic buying
glad your awake and saw what i was on about

totally wasnt any thing about panic buying as thats not what i mentioned
wait what
im so glad you picked up on the masks i never mentioned

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 01-02-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:09 PM   #9247
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
yes yes exactly ! i see you picked up on all the mentions i did on masks
im so lucky i never mentioned panic buying
glad your awake and saw what i was on about

totally wasnt any thing about panic buying as thats not what i mentioned
wait what
go back and re read my post you idio.......
im so glad you picked up on the masks i never mentioned
im so glad you can pull such insightful information from such stuff not writen
So what was the point of your post ? I Bought veggies only. Bag me for going to the shop ? or ****ed because you don't have milk ?
Some people are smart enough to have frozen bread, long life milk etc
Old 01-02-2021, 10:52 PM   #9248
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
It amazes me as to why people rush to the shops and have to buy up big when lockdowns is implemented, FFS authorities are not stopping people buying essentials during lockdowns.
Too right, as I say elsewhere, be prepared. I have done cyclone years , its mayhem there for 2 - 3 days effect, but be prepared beforehand.
Fresh buy only if you can and all else should be ok. Use a bidet and toilet paper is obsolete !
Old 02-02-2021, 01:04 AM   #9249
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I bet Barilaro just about wet himself with joy. What do you expect when McGowan has had no problem dishing it out mate?

FYI I think Barilaro is a flog so that is no endorsement.

Me Too..
Old 02-02-2021, 12:16 PM   #9250
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Coronavirus Victoria: Dan Andrews to introduce bill to extend state of emergency

Quote:
The Victorian government has launched an attempt to extend the state of emergency until the end of the year.

Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed on Tuesday the government would introduce a bill into parliament to extend Victoria’s state of emergency past its maximum legislated period of 12 months.
https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...ad06be7b6026c8
Old 02-02-2021, 12:41 PM   #9251
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Disgusting, Mr Andrews. What’s the problem with a rolling review? The regulations will otherwise become a creeping tool of suppression in all forms.

And in WA, exactly what I suspected (and hinted at) with the infected person. Two jobs, one of which (was?) a “ride share” driver. The number of visits to petrol stations was a clue. With that level of upfront honesty about what they were doing, I honestly wonder if they were driving on their own ride share ticket.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #9252
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 1st, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

12 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.154%.

-2 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.085% and active cases 71.

The UK had 18,607 cases yesterday and 388 deaths.

Just under 126k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,916 deaths sees CMR still at 1.689%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Asia passes 23M cases.

No countries

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2021, 01:17 PM   #9253
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Disgusting, Mr Andrews. What’s the problem with a rolling review? The regulations will otherwise become a creeping tool of suppression in all forms.
Ehhhh what? Don't fall for the political propaganda. In Vic they have to get approval through parliament, and have a maximum of 12 months, that is a good thing! Some other states just do auto rollover, and some even have the same powers WITHOUT state of emergency.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-.../12660726?nw=0

"New South Wales is the only state where a state of emergency does not need to be declared to activate stronger powers to manage a severe public health risk because these powers already exist within its Public Health Act.

The Federal Government can also declare a human biosecurity emergency across Australia, invoking strong powers to manage a public health risk for a period of time, and it too can extend this indefinitely if the health minister considers it necessary.

Maria O'Sullivan, a senior law lecturer at Monash University, told RMIT ABC Fact Check that Victoria's hard limit on the maximum period of a state of emergency provided "accountability and transparency".

"It became a focus of media attention because that required the Parliament to sit and debate it," she said.

"But other jurisdictions, including the Commonwealth, are able to extend their state of emergency declaration without such scrutiny because their legislation allows it."
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2021, 06:38 PM   #9254
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

WA COVID update reveals how the hotel quarantine security guard may have acquired the virus

Quote:
WA Premier Mark McGowan told reporters on Tuesday that genomic testing had linked the guard’s case to that of two recently returned overseas travellers at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel.

“One of those recent arrivals was accommodated on the same floor as the security guard was working.

“We are advised that the guards did deliver medication to the door of this particular quarantine guest.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...irus-c-2078468
Old 02-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #9255
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ok
so
with impending lock down and rules coming in to place , it is better to be implementing the rules earlier , right
like face masks , only going out for essentials until they have to
right ?

so Mr_G6TE if you want then to do better , my point (if you realy didnt know from your first reply on mine) was why didnt you like it why not leave immediately rather than half an hr putting up with the covidiots
being at home has to be safer that wearing a mask in all this like the lock down , no sooner i saw the chaos i turned and left
its better as Tickford put it to implement it earlier , is it not
and they were essentials (important or necessary) seeing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
I went shopping Saturday so we have everything we need to chill
even though youd have heaps stocked up , as
Quote:
Some people are smart enough to have frozen bread, long life milk etc
oh and i made one post at you about this and you go and pull all the stops in a few posts even name calling
Quote:
Thanks Tickford, good pick. I was there hours before the end time, posted when I got home. Also bought what I needed ONLY. This ****head and his Crazy mate are on a mission to dis whatever I post.
Unless of course they are truly daft as **** and literacy is an issue
so one post is a mission to dis you
and DMing me with something more about how you personally feel about me and the other forum member Crazy Dazz

as for me and my milk/bread issue im going to put up with out for the week as i dont see it essential enough to get , so i go with out my breakfast for the week and have black coffee

as for your DM i think you need to look at your self it the manor you mention

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 02-02-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:45 PM   #9256
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he he he
5 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2021, 08:42 PM   #9257
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
[DELETED]
calm down m8

Last edited by PG2; 02-02-2021 at 09:49 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2021, 09:25 PM   #9258
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

This may be a good time to mention the sites T&C's, especially #3.

"3. Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner."

This rule also applies in PM's

I haven't had the stress of being in a lock down, but I imagine that's it's difficult enough without petty bickering on a car forum.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #9259
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
ok
Hard to read, I assume you agree ?
Lockdown is ok, not the issue at all.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 02-02-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #9260
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
This may be a good time to mention the sites T&C's, especially #3.

"3. Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner."

This rule also applies in PM's

I haven't had the stress of being in a lock down, but I imagine that's it's difficult enough without petty bickering on a car forum.
Definition of a stressful lockdown=Victorians, all other states have had it easy in my opinion.
Agree with the bickering not needed, people need to chillout after all we all Australians.
Cheers
Old 03-02-2021, 05:32 AM   #9261
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what is the general consensus in Australia on asymptomatic transfer of covid-19 ?

I have seen two studies
One said the rate of transfer was 1% for asymptomatic, and 6% for symptomatic, pre-symptomatic were 7% (Dec-July I am not sure but it looks like they studied only 1000 cases)
"Defining the role of asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 transmission - a living systematic review"

The other said the rate of transfer was 0.7% for asymptomatic, and 28% for symptomatic, I assume pre-symptomatic were included in one of these two figures. (Dec-Oct, over 77000 cases studied, analysis of those in the same household).
"Household Transmission of SARS-C0V-2: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis"

This implies that, unless I am reading this incorrectly, people with asymptomatic covid-19 are somewhere between 1/6th and 1/30th as contagious as those with symptoms (- likely closer to the smaller figure).
Old 03-02-2021, 07:49 AM   #9262
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19

Captain Sir Tom Moore, who raised $57 million for the NHS, dies aged 100 after contracting coronavirus

Quote:
Key points:
  • Captain Sir Tom Moore raised more than $57 million for Britain's National Health Service during the first wave of the pandemic
  • Sir Tom had been battling pneumonia for several weeks and had tested positive for COVID-19
  • The Queen has sent a private message of condolence to his family
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...hs-uk/13110834
Old 03-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #9263
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So died of pneumonia and old age then
Old 03-02-2021, 08:16 AM   #9264
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So the bigger issue brewing are the legalities of the jab...this one is going to be a doozey.

On a personal level I will wait it out as long as I can, but the time will come when I am sure work will push it or I will want to travel. In that case I will comply.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out for those who "cant" due to other medical issues...

We are lucky in that we can sit it out for a bit longer than other countries.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #9265
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hard to read, I assume you agree ?
Lockdown is ok, not the issue at all.
so you wanted me to be clear on my reply before then didnt like my most then accused me of chasing you to your posts prier to this little spat of yours
just because whilst your whinging about how poorly people are treating covid and i stated you could be doing better as well your self
so you dont want me to reply , dm me , and resort to calling me names
you dont want my input then submit a baiting post by taking one word from my post abd adding you little snipe

so im glad ive answered things
Quote:
Thanks
your welcome
glad to help

Old 03-02-2021, 10:01 AM   #9266
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l View Post
So died of pneumonia and old age then
No Sir Tom died with Covid-19.

If the UK had dealt with the pandemic; better, earlier Sir Tom may still be with us.

The internet is full of conspiracy theories that the death toll from Covid-19 is over stated and only old people with one foot in the grave die.

This particular burden on society raised 60 million pounds for charity and earned himself a knighthood in his 99th year.

Sir Tom also raised the spirits of many in his country in a time of deep despair.

Not bad for someone who was going to die anyway.

RIP Sir Tom.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #9267
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
No Sir Tom died with Covid-19.

If the UK had dealt with the pandemic; better, earlier Sir Tom may still be with us.

The internet is full of conspiracy theories that the death toll from Covid-19 is over stated and only old people with one foot in the grave die.

This particular burden on society raised 60 million pounds for charity and earned himself a knighthood in his 99th year.

Sir Tom also raised the spirits of many in his country in a time of deep despair.

Not bad for someone who was going to die anyway.

RIP Sir Tom.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #9268
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 2nd, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

6 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.154%.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.084% and active cases 72.

The UK had 16,840 cases yesterday and 1,467 deaths.

Just over 129.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,915 deaths sees CMR down to 1.688%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 104M, the last 1M in 3 days;
Global deaths pass 2.25M, the last 50k in 4 days;
The USA passes 27M cases;
South America passes 16M cases.

Only:

Albania (942)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #9269
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Berejiklian lobbies for NSW quarantine staff to get vaccine first, foreshadows venue limits easing

Quote:
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian wants NSW’s quarantine workers at the front of the queue for the national COVID vaccine rollout, arguing the state carries the greatest burden of the virus by accepting the lion’s share of returning overseas travellers.

Asked about the vaccine rollout at a press conference on Wednesday morning, Ms Berejiklian said if NSW was to continue managing the most risk of coronavirus transmission, its quarantine workers should be some of the first in line for the vaccine.

“Obviously, it’s a national rollout and every citizen has the right, you know, according to their category to be treated respectfully and equally ... all I’m saying is if some states are bringing in more Australians than others, obviously that carries risk with it, and we’ve always borne that risk,” she said.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...03-p56z2h.html
Old 03-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #9270
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Definition of a stressful lockdown=Victorians, all other states have had it easy in my opinion.
Agree with the bickering not needed, people need to chillout after all we all Australians.
Cheers
I know this is not the way you meant it, Officemanager, but there's little value to be gained by comparing the level of lockdown.

Lockdown, irrespective of how much or how long, can be stressful and people's trigger points can be different. Just because someone has anxiety/stress issues during a lockdown that is not as prolonged as someone else's, doesn't make it any less relevant.

Let's all be kind and considerate of those who are going through lockdown, no matter how long they've been subject to it.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread