Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #871
Baby_phantom

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Update

3rd day dieting from 129kg down to 124kg wtf and i double checked my scale it is correct 5kg well guess i had alot of water weight then lol
* Front and Rear slotted RDA Rotars*
* Plazmaman cold air intake with 3" intake pipe*

For Show

* Red painted calipers*
* LED white interior Lighting*
* White H4, H7, H3 and T5- Blue key hole light*
* BF front bumper with grill and xr6 badge*
* Removed rear falcon badge*

For Sound

* Sony Headunit*
* Alpine type R 12"*
* Kicker 6" speakers front and back *
* Alpine monoblock*
* Alpine 4 channel *
Baby_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #872
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

you will always lose more in the first week of diet and exercise. It will peter off over the coming weeks, but keep at it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #873
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

February 8th 2011:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfpv
I guess i'll throw my name into the weight loss category. Bit of background ofcourse...

I'm 21 atm, started working in a factory doing labouring and working on a process line about a year ago which kept up my daily fitness. I then started driving machines around the warehouse which basically kept me sitting down most of the day.
On top of this, a mate got me hooked on energy drinks and I found myself to be drinking up to 5 a day (mother, V, redbull etc).

I started stacking on the weight hardcore. I made myself a new years resolution to get in shape this year and get extremely fit which i'm on my way to achieving.

Since Jan 1st i've cut out all junkfood. No fast food, fish and chips etc, no soft drink. The only thing I drink is water. No alcohol and I don't smoke. Healthy breakfast, small lunch and a healthy dinner (still live at home so whatever the family is having for dinner is what I eat, but it's not crap. Usually meat and lots of mixed salad in the summer and meat and 3 veg the rest of the time).

I purchased a treadmill about 2 and a half weeks ago and average about 10 - 12kms a day on it. Power walking at a pretty steep incline and I feel great.

The more i'm on it the further I want to push myself, and would like to start running on the treadmill sometime soon as well.

Weight at January 1st was roughly 100kgs and am now sitting at 94kgs.

Just checking in to look back on this thread weekly and report. I welcome all suggestions, criticism and any tips people might have!
March 8th 2011:
Quote:
Thought i'd give a little update. It's been one month since the quoted above.

Started using the home gym, weights and treadmill.
Cut back down on the treadmill to 30mins (3.5kms) a day rather than 2hrs (11kms) as I was getting really run down and was always tired. It wasn't something that I could continually sustain.

Seems to be working well for me. I was at 94kgs on the 8th of Feb and currently weigh 87kgs. Once I started using the gym and dumbells i've really started to feel better, plus i'm getting comments from relatives and co-workers. Which is good to hear.

Hope everyone else's weight loss/gain program is going good.
April 8th 2011:
Quote:
Another month, another update...

Since the start of March a little has changed in my "routine". I don't do 5 days in a row cardio like previously but am doing 3 days a week on the treadmill at 6km/h. Works out to be a little over 3kms and I have the treadmill inclined as high as it can go (20)

I've been using the home gym about twice a week to get my upper body sorted out and have been throwing in free weight exercises and sit ups everyday.

Still eating healthy ofcourse. Since I started this adventure I have not eaten McDonalds, KFC or any of that junk. The temptation is always there though, but I'm not going to give in to it.
No soft drink, alcohol, smoking (don't anyway) or condiments on anything. Sugar, sauce, salt & pepper are non existent.

Drinking about 3 - 5 litres of water a day and I eat so much fruit there's a good chance the state is going to run out..

No joke, I actually had a dream about apples about 2 weeks ago.

Jumped on the scales this morning, 78kgs. Very happy with that. I'm going to push myself like crazy this month to get down to 70 and then take it easy after that as I'll be at an ideal weight/size I feel comfortable at hopefully.

I feel GREAT about myself these days, and it never gets old having people at work look at me and tell me I've lost weight.

That's about it for now, looking forward to this month as I'm pumped and going to go all out. Update to come in 4 weeks.
May 8th 2011:
Here we are again. Another month another update.

My routine hasn't changed much. I've been mixing up running and walking on the treadmill in 2 - 3 minute intervals or so just to add some variety to my routine.
Still eating good. No fast food. Alot of fruit and salads.
No soft drink, cordial or alcohol. No sugar, salt, pepper or sauces of any kind (except if it is for dinner as I don't have any control over what is cooked in my house).

The local Subway knows me very well now haha, my usual lunch order of Turkey on wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, onions and capsicum has been doing me good as last year it was always a large meal from KFC or Red Rooster.

Current weight? 71kgs and a BMI of 21.9 which is super!

My goal has been 70kgs but I feel great with what I'm doing I'll keep cracking at my usual routine for another month then back off a bit most likely.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #874
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Subway has more Sodium and sugar filled food's then the rest of the takeaway franchise's.
People actually think they are eating better by their marketing campaign, but I encourage people to look at the stat's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #875
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Subway has more Sodium and sugar filled food's then the rest of the takeaway franchise's.
People actually think they are eating better by their marketing campaign, but I encourage people to look at the stat's.

Extra sugars and salts arn't a huge issue if your workout intensity is there though, it's the saturated fat thats a double killer for me as i feel lazy and don't get work as hard.

Update for me, hovering between 97 - 98Kg got our first game next weekend, just about to start a new program this week Pushpress, Squats, Deads & Bench Press all in one session, all using explosive power I.E two seconds down, one second up, if it takes longer than that im going too heavy for this program.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #876
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Extra sugars and salts arn't a huge issue if your workout intensity is there though, it's the saturated fat thats a double killer for me as i feel lazy and don't get work as hard.

Update for me, hovering between 97 - 98Kg got our first game next weekend, just about to start a new program this week Pushpress, Squats, Deads & Bench Press all in one session, all using explosive power I.E two seconds down, one second up, if it takes longer than that im going too heavy for this program.
Don't be to scared of Sat fat, it's not as bad as we are lead to believe, our body need's Sat fat and it actually serves a good purpose as does cholesterol that we are lead to believe is bad aswell, our body actually makes cholesterol.
Egg's are good proof of this, full of cholestrol and fat but are a wonderfull source of vitamin's and mineral's, they are a superfood but yet we have been for yr's lead to believe they are bad for us, which is so wrong.
The same could be said for pure Milk, once again full of Fat and Sat fat but like all good sources of food's that date back to the begining, Milk, egg's etc, are all great sources of nutrient's.

It's the sodium and sugar that have been introduced in the western diet's in aboundence that has us leading the life we do today, these are the cause of it, not Fat's that we are lead to believe.
Fat is a main source for energy and if like you say leading a high intensetity day to day lifestyle, should be focused on, not soduim and sugar, they should be far from it actually.
People can still loose weight and maintain a healthy lifesyle by eating load's of good fat and cholesterol if they eat the right amount of calories a day, it's simple, eat to your lifestyle.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #877
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Don't be to scared of Sat fat, it's not as bad as we are lead to believe, our body need's Sat fat and it actually serves a good purpose as does cholesterol that we are lead to believe is bad aswell, our body actually makes cholesterol.
Egg's are good proof of this, full of cholestrol and fat but are a wonderfull source of vitamin's and mineral's, they are a superfood but yet we have been for yr's lead to believe they are bad for us, which is so wrong.
The same could be said for pure Milk, once again full of Fat and Sat fat but like all good sources of food's that date back to the begining, Milk, egg's etc, are all great sources of nutrient's.

It's the sodium and sugar that have been introduced in the western diet's in aboundence that has us leading the life we do today, these are the cause of it, not Fat's that we are lead to believe.
Fat is a main source for energy and if like you say leading a high intensetity day to day lifestyle, should be focused on, not soduim and sugar, they should be far from it actually.
People can still loose weight and maintain a healthy lifesyle by eating load's of good fat and cholesterol if they eat the right amount of calories a day, it's simple, eat to your lifestyle.

Thanks for the info mate, i have cut down alot on the sugar intake of my diet but the sodium i can't be too stick on or i find myself cramping up alot, is this a correct assumption or could this be cause by something else that im not realising?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #878
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I have written in here several times, and every time I have lost motivation..

I seemed to gain motivation for a while. I had a solid 5-6 days of good exercise and dieting (each week), but then got together with my current GF and it has all gone out the window.

I lost 15kg, and have now put it all back on and then some..

Does anyone has suggestions, tips, ideas, exercises that a great from someone who has 0 motivation but really needs to pull his finger out?

Current height: 185cm
Current weight: 135kg

I have an IT Desk job with very little time to spare as I am studying as well..

I want and need to lose weight, I just need to find something that works for me

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #879
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

It’s all about getting into the routine.

Make exercise a ‘thing to do’…like paying a bill. Just, do it…Once you get into the swing of things, it’ll be second nature. 1 hour a day is nothing really…pretend it’s an extension of your work day? Get up an hour early, exercise and go to work...or between work and study...

Find what works for you!

One of my big motivators was my missus when I started getting some decent muscle…She liked it! So that got me all the more keen!

Eating well is something you can do no worries…I work at a desk and know how easy it is to just grab some KFC or whatever…But chances are, there will be somewhere close that does healthy lunches (sangas and whatnot) or if you’re making lunch to take to work, as long as it’s not like fried chicken, it’s gonna be heaps better than buying some crap from the servo.

Dinners, etc are easy….healthy stuff is delicious. Or if you want to eat what you do already, just eat less of it.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #880
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

One thing that gets me motivated every day is to not plan how much exercise I'm going to do. I say to myself when I get home I'll jump on the treadmill for a bit, and then once you get going you don't stop.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #881
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

I have lost 16.5KG in the last 2 months..
I went on the Tony ferguson shakes for a few weeks and then just watched what i ate (Smalelr portions of meat/protein) and more veggies & 2 fruit a day.. I walk at Lunch time for 4-5 KMS instead of going out to lunch and go for a bike ride evry Saturday & Sunday for 1 hour each day... My stomach has gone from 102CM to 86CM and i dont feel bad at all...

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #882
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Thanks for the info mate, i have cut down alot on the sugar intake of my diet but the sodium i can't be too stick on or i find myself cramping up alot, is this a correct assumption or could this be cause by something else that im not realising?
The cramp's could be anything.. over training is one common thought, there is such a thing of to much, your body need's time to recoupe, people tend to think more is best where in actually fact, less is more..
I only train 3 times a week at 40 odd min's a pop.
My job is very active so that keep's me going day in day out.
Try some Magnisum for the muscle cramp's, it's shocking stuff but suposed to be very helpfull in that area.
I don't do the supplement's to an extent, I just listen to my body and eat to my regime and it work's for me.
But I doubt the sodium in your diet is helping you from cramping, I would sugest like I have or maybe your not warming up probably, I can't tell.
But remember that most product's on the market these day's in every supermarket is hidden with ingreident's such as Sodium/sugar, they form a huge part in procesed food's, even the one's that you think are healthy, but in reality are far from it.
And we are lead to believe that Fat is the killer, I believe this is FAR from the truth, Fat is a major source for energy and building muscle, without it, your body is using protien and eating itself alive, you go into a catabolic state, the body need's all nutrient's, Carb's Fat's and Protein's, in that order.
To much of the wrong Carb's and you hit a point where your blood glucose level rises fast and gives you an allmighty hit, YEAH.. this make's you feel good but it is BAD,, then you go down hill very fast and your body is in actual fact destroying itself, you are in a worse posistion then when you started, Fat's do not do this.

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 09-05-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 26-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #883
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

When I broke my jaw playing league a couple years ago I was 110 kg, I lived off them yogurt tubes.. Gogurts I think they were and kfc potato and gravy.. Few weeks later I checked the scales and then I was 97kg.. I still went to footy training and all 2 weeks after I got operated on..
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #884
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Started my new program on Monday, 3 day split. I’ll post it up so if anyone is looking at doing something similar this is prob a good starting point.

Day 1 – Back/Biceps

Chin ups – 3 x MAX (Body weight)
DB 1 arm row – 3 x 8-10 – 30kg
Bent over row – 3 x 8-10 – 30kg + bar
Seated row – 3 x 8-10 – 4th tier (anyone know how much a brick weighs on those machines?)
Preacher Curls – 3 x 8-10 – 17.5kg
Hammer Curls – 3 x 8-10 – 2 x 12.5kg

Day 2 – Shoulders/Legs

DB Shoulder Press – 3 x 8-10 – 15kg
DB Lat raises – 3 x 12 – 2 x 8kg (More reps, lighter weight)
BB Squats – 3 x 8-10 – 80kg
Leg extensions – 3 x 8-10 – 5th tier
BB Alt. Lunges – 3 x 8-10 – 30kg (pretty light but trying to get technique down pat)
Seated calve raises – 3 x 8-10 – 80kg
Seated Angle calve raises (alt toes in/toes out) – 3 x 8-10 – 80kg

Day 3 – Chest/Triceps

DB Chest Press – 3 x 8-10 – 2 x 17.5kg
Push ups – 3 x MAX FAIL (Do DB chest set, then push ups straight away until you collapse basically, if you can do 10, up the chest press weight – more intense than it sounds!)
Decline bench press – 3 x 8-10 – 40kg
DB Chest flys – 3 x 8-10 – 2 x 8kg (A lot harder than they look!)
Weighted dips – 3 x 8-10 – 10kg
Tricep rope extensions - 3 x 12 – 3rd tier
Tricep rope extensions (1 arm) – 3 x 12 – 2nd tier

Obviously you’ll change the weights to suit. Only done the full program once…So can’t really comment on how well it works, etc…but defiantly works muscles you wouldn’t normall work with a rounded program…

Also, 6 months down the track and this is how I’m looking. Post up some pictures guys.

BEFORE:
AFTER:

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 27-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #885
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

looks like you making some good progress dude. How do you feel in yourself?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 27-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #886
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
looks like you making some good progress dude. How do you feel in yourself?
Feel great man, No longer real self conscience about wearing no shirt/singlets...love it! Always been the token skinny guy...Big boost too when you see people you haven't in a while and they comment on how you look...

I guess a plus with being super skinny to begin with is that I had stuff all body fat, so the muscles are there straight away.

How are you going with everything mate?

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 27-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #887
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Not bad mate, I have ramped off my weekly routine a little of late due to work and health. Dam colds seem to find their way to stop me from progressing much further. Unfortunately doing indoor cycling with a cold is not fun nor is it recommended if you are not at least 95% well. I so wanna go back, but just biding my time.

In the meantime I am doing some stuff at home on the fitness ball. A lot of ab work and the like as this is my personal problem area. I also have a weight bench too that I do some light weight work as well.

Im not really concentrating on getting bigger muscles but more tone, reduce body fat and change my body shape etc.

Weight has still remained stable at 78kg which I hope to maintain for the rest of my life and perhaps add more muscle definition.

Its a slow process, but I have come a long way to what I was so I look back and see how much progress I have made, and yes I too get good feelings when friends and family notice the work I have put in.

My diet doesnt consist of calorie counting, I dont believe in that. I would rather a lifestyle change than a fad diet. So I will just enjoy my food, but always in moderation. Put it this way, I always feel like crap after a food binge anyway and in the end I feel as if I dont want to feel like that anymore and CHOOSE not to eat the garbage like I used to.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 27-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #888
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

You blokes do realise that you will not put on any muscle without fat , you can not just put on muscle.
In order to increase your size you need to eat more then you expell, therefore putting on size (weight) which includes fat as well as muscle.
The gain's you are seeing is your allready muscle you have, and thus doing more physical activity, it show's as your fat stores may be diminishing.
But it's a different story alltogether to actually put ON muscle, you need to eat more, the only way to tell your gains here is by the scales, if your weight is going up then all is good.
Then it's a fine line to determine your energy need's to maintain your desired weight and keeping the cardio activity up so that the extra fat is burned away.
Old 27-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #889
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
You blokes do realise that you will not put on any muscle without fat , you can not just put on muscle.
In order to increase your size you need to eat more then you expell, therefore putting on size (weight) which includes fat as well as muscle.
The gain's you are seeing is your allready muscle you have, and thus doing more physical activity, it show's as your fat stores may be diminishing.
But it's a different story alltogether to actually put ON muscle, you need to eat more, the only way to tell your gains here is by the scales, if your weight is going up then all is good.
Then it's a fine line to determine your energy need's to maintain your desired weight and keeping the cardio activity up so that the extra fat is burned away.
I've been gaining weight...But I feel I need to eat more, or maybe get some supplements as I'm not a huge eater...

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 27-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #890
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
I've been gaining weight...But I feel I need to eat more, or maybe get some supplements as I'm not a huge eater...
Gaining weight ? like how much weight ?. As you seem to be saying in alot of your post's that you are putting on alot of muscle ?
Old 27-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #891
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Weighed in @ 96.5Kg yesterday which is pretty light for me, don't really want to get much lighter than this, just about time to start putting on some size again, happy times.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #892
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think im doing good at the moment im down to 80.5kg was at a max of 101kg im loving it getting some good comments from people i dont see often which make me feel better about my self and make it all worth while. now all i need to do is more excercise and weights and i will be set
Old 28-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #893
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Great work Mr ghia. Looks like the work is paying off.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 04-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #894
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

First day really back at the gym today, gave myself a nice knee injury last sunday playing Gridiron been on crutches until Friday and finally got out of the house today, only on the bikes with a small chest session.

I miss training so much let alone being able to walk properly, going to be a while before my right knee is up to training squats and dead lifts, any of my FF.au brother out there had to come back from a knee injury, whats the best way to get back into the legs and core weights without putting too much pressure on my knee early.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #895
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Cycling or indoor cycling is low impact and still has cardio benefits. Just keep the resistance down to a manageable level and don't over do it. High cadence, and medium to low resistance will help build the muscles around the knee, thigh and calves nicely over time. Do this for about 1/2 hour with varying resistance and you'll be right. If you feel any pain or discomfort, stop.

I have been doing indoor cycling a couple of times a week for over a year now. I also have rheumatoid arthritis in nearly all my joints and needed to get out of the rutt I was in. I was walking like I was 70yo, needed assistance getting off a sofa and never was able to play sports. My lungs were shot because it too. I had lung function tests done and my maximum lung capacity was at a maximum of 78% due to tissue scarring from a really bad bout of pneumonia. This exercise alone has given my quality of life back by strengthening my legs stronger than what I have ever been, even in my teens, and my lung function results have improve to 85% now. Im am in the process of looking for a road bicycle now to test out some real life cycling and see how much of an improvement I have had.

Try it mate, keep doing it even for 15mins each day and see how you go after a fortnight.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #896
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Thanks Blueoval, i'll be sticking to just cycling and then walking my German Shepherd (When i can walk normally again..) for a few weeks as far as leg excercise is concerned, hoping to be able to play again in about a fortnight.

Lucky for my i only overstrained my quad and have a slight tear in a tendon running from my knee down the RHS of my shin, as far as knee injurys are concerned i have got off fairly lightly.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #897
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Well thats something. You tend to take your legs for granted until you bust a knee, ankle or foot. lol.

I reckon stick to low impact, cardio workouts and try and keep your knee braced even mainly when you walk. Just for added support. Something like you get from a chemist. It will just firm up your knee a bit and give you a bit more confidence when you pound the pavement.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #898
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I am very sore as of today, it's the 2'nd day after one of my heavy training session's, I am back into heavy and compition mode again.
It's taken 8 week's so far but I am allmost back up to where I was last yr at my peak, Last Thur's night I trained heavy Deadlift's and I racked 180kg, my PB is 200kg but getting there again.
And boy do I feel sore today......
Heavy bench on Mon which I hope to rack 105 kg, (PB 120 kg) but it is all comming back to me, I'm just doing a different approach 5 set's all up going 8-6-4-2-1 rep's, it's working for me so far.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #899
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
I am very sore as of today, it's the 2'nd day after one of my heavy training session's, I am back into heavy and compition mode again.
It's taken 8 week's so far but I am allmost back up to where I was last yr at my peak, Last Thur's night I trained heavy Deadlift's and I racked 180kg, my PB is 200kg but getting there again.
And boy do I feel sore today......
Heavy bench on Mon which I hope to rack 105 kg, (PB 120 kg) but it is all comming back to me, I'm just doing a different approach 5 set's all up going 8-6-4-2-1 rep's, it's working for me so far.

Putting up some pretty nice numbers there Galaxy, good job.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #900
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Putting up some pretty nice numbers there Galaxy, good job.
Thank's mate, those number's are nothing compared to a mate I train with, he's a real wild man at heart and boy can he lift, he has taken out the National Drug free titles a few time's in the past, the funny thing is though now he is lifting more then he ever was even when he was competing.