Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #61
Yummy Mummy

Pink polo shirts with the collars up do not belong on anyone over the age of 28. They are really for the 18-24 try to look gay cos I think the girls are more attracted to it set. Problem is, the only girls attracted to it are 18-24 year old trailor trash, who themselves are slaves to fashion. Give me a classically tailored man anyday, not some 30 odd year old who is trying to look and act like he's still 21.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #62
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone remember that episode of Merrick & Rosso Unplanned when they ripped into the guy because he had his collar up? That was bloody funny...

I love the girls fashion, whoa!
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #63
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFDINTEDIT
pink shirt --> GAY
tight jeans --> GAY
boxers over jeans.. i just wont even comment..

Me, thongs, jeans and a back top. If the missus brings something pretty boyish home, its straight into the cupboard never to be seen.

I just dont know why younger blokes are just getting so gay.
Ok,

I have spent $1000 on a pinstripe grey suit for work,
I have 3 or 4 expensive salmon pink shirts (Work and casual combined).
I have worn ripped patterned blazers over Shirts WITH the collar popped, and don't forget the Fossil watch and the leather bands around my wrist. Maybe a sweatband on my forearm (although not anymore : ).
Most of my jeans have a rip somewhere on them and never cost under $100, because that is what I'm happy with.

I just paid for a salon to do my hair, and Before I go to a club or bar It takes me 10 minutes to straighten, dry and style my hair before Im happy with the way I look, and goddamn it If I feel I look good, I have a better night, and feel confident. I usually don't have trouble getting into bars or clubs either.

I have one gold earring in my left ear, and want to get one in my eyebrow.
I always go out in the sunlight with large Diesel sunglasses that weren't too cheap.

Goddamn It I dress like this becasue I WANT to. Because places with class have dress codes, and I feel that I look good and confident. Girls tell me that I dress well and look great(This is purely for arguments sake and not intinding to sound concieted), they know fashion, and can appreciate a guy who takes care of how he looks, and dresses well. I take pride in how I look. You dont get compliments looking like a greasy bogan thats just been stuck under the bonnet of an EA.

Why else do I like dressing the way I do? Because it gives bogans and NNCKheads like YOU something to have a giggle and a half hour chat about in your stubbie shorts and ripped flanno's after I jump out of my Red Fiesta. You assume I'm gay, of course, I must be. Im wearing faded jeans, a Diesel top and Haviana thongs. My hair points to the sky, I have a fringe, and a mullet. Then my girlfriend hops out of the car, takes my hand and we walk away while you watch, stubbie in hand.

I'm as straight as a bloody arrow. I like girls so much it gets me into strife at times. Its kinda funny how quickly people can point and call "homo", but not as funny as the long conversations that they can have about the sexuality of a well groomed bloke (I worked at a country pub while the regulars for four hours looked at my hair and shirt and discussed it and made gay jokes, to which I took in good humour).

Just because you don't understand a type of fashion or don't like it doesn't mean that its gay. It depends on your social group, where you live and where you hang about. If you stay in a garage or on the beach all day, then shorts and a shirt is good for you. If your idea of a night out is at the pub, then sweet. Good on you, I'm happy that your comfortable with what you wear, just don't jeer and leer at me becasue you think I look like crap, because my mates both male and female may not think that you look good either.

Why are blokes getting so gay? Becasue in this day and age, the Multicultural Aussie girl likes a guy who looks good, takes care of what he looks like, and feels good about himself. Why else? Because clubs, pubs, and clubs that have any class are getting increasingly snobby about those they let in, and most must conform to a dress code.

And finally for chrissakes I dress like that cuz I think it looks cool, I hate looking like a bum, so I take care of myself, and goddamn it, when you feel great about how you look (no matter what you wear) other people take notice, and comment. No one should have any right to judge someone just because of what they wear. If they are happy, and it works for them, Good on em.

-Danny :

Last edited by Danny; 02-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #64
kooky
WRX terrorist

Top work Danny

*Thumbs up
Old 02-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #65
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Ok,

I have spent $1000 on a pinstripe grey suit for work,
I have 3 or 4 expensive salmon pink shirts (Work and casual combined).
I have worn ripped patterned blazers over Shirts WITH the collar popped, and don't forget the Fossil watch and the leather bands around my wrist. Maybe a sweatband on my forearm (although not anymore : ).
Most of my jeans have a rip somewhere on them and never cost under $100, because that is what I'm happy with.

I just paid for a salon to do my hair, and Before I go to a club or bar It takes me 10 minutes to straighten, dry and style my hair before Im happy with the way I look, and goddamn it If I feel I look good, I have a better night, and feel confident. I usually don't have trouble getting into bars or clubs either.

I have one gold earring in my left ear, and want to get one in my eyebrow.
I always go out in the sunlight with large Diesel sunglasses that weren't too cheap.

Goddamn It I dress like this becasue I WANT to. Because places with class have dress codes, and I feel that I look good and confident. Girls tell me that I dress well and look great(This is purely for arguments sake and not intinding to sound concieted), they know fashion, and can appreciate a guy who takes care of how he looks, and dresses well. I take pride in how I look. You dont get compliments looking like a greasy bogan thats just been stuck under the bonnet of an EA.

Why else do I like dressing the way I do? Because it gives bogans and NNCKheads like YOU something to have a giggle and a half hour chat about in your stubbie shorts and ripped flanno's after I jump out of my Red Fiesta. You assume I'm gay, of course, I must be. Im wearing faded jeans, a Diesel top and Haviana thongs. My hair points to the sky, I have a fringe, and a mullet. Then my girlfriend hops out of the car, takes my hand and we walk away while you watch, stubbie in hand.

I'm as straight as a bloody arrow. I like girls so much it gets me into strife at times. Its kinda funny how quickly people can point and call "homo", but not as funny as the long conversations that they can have about the sexuality of a well groomed bloke (I worked at a country pub while the regulars for four hours looked at my hair and shirt and discussed it and made gay jokes, to which I took in good humour).

Just because you don't understand a type of fashion or don't like it doesn't mean that its gay. It depends on your social group, where you live and where you hang about. If you stay in a garage or on the beach all day, then shorts and a shirt is good for you. If your idea of a night out is at the pub, then sweet. Good on you, I'm happy that your comfortable with what you wear, just don't jeer and leer at me becasue you think I look like crap, because my mates both male and female may not think that you look good either.

Why are blokes getting so gay? Becasue in this day and age, the Multicultural Aussie girl likes a guy who looks good, takes care of what he looks like, and feels good about himself. Why else? Because clubs, pubs, and clubs that have any class are getting increasingly snobby about those they let in, and most must conform to a dress code.

And finally for chrissakes I dress like that cuz I think it looks cool, I hate looking like a bum, so I take care of myself, and goddamn it, when you feel great about how you look (no matter what you wear) other people take notice, and comment. No one should have any right to judge someone just because of what they wear. If they are happy, and it works for them, Good on em.

-Danny :
- Understood?!

I just spent $400 on Diesel pants... and $200 on brown snake skin shoes for work - does that mean I'm gay? Haha, I guess my Gf spending $700 at Bettina Liano and RL must also mean I'm gay? DOUBT IT!

I agree with everything you said Danny... couldn't help but realise how true it all is! It depends on your social class, and who you hang out with. If you take pride in how you look, you will also feel good about yourself. Hey, i walk around with confidence... it doesn't mean I'm being snobby. I feel good about my self. Doesn't mean I treat anyone different.

Not sure how many clubs (if any!) in Sydney where you can walk in with thongs, tshirt and shorts.... and no, you cannot walk in to every club with black basic shoes and your $40 jeans and a shirt from Colorado (not knocking those that do) - it is just how it goes.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #66
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Top work Danny.

But you're still a poofy version of Elvis :P

It's alright but, cos I'm one Megadeth T shirt away from being a bogan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Does anyone remember that episode of Merrick & Rosso Unplanned when they ripped into the guy because he had his collar up? That was bloody funny...
hahaha yes that was gold!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #67
xr8gn3

Your alright Danny, said everything I probably wouldv'e said.

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #68
EL_futuraistic

Here Here Danny

I personally wont wear pink shirts, personal preference. It does however make you feel better leaving the house dressed to impress. I think the standard of dress has certainly changed, people are dressing a lot smarter and wearing designer labels. Not to say its for everyone, but if you do go out to clubs and bars you will quickly learn they are getting very strict on Dress Codes and your look will determine if you get in, or end up at KFC across the road.

Certainly varied opinions on here, but the opinion of anyone who dresses well has to be gay is very primitive for the 21st century.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #69
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

The whole world has turned gay. Nothing more. And its so acceptable these days, everyone has a go at it. Its not just fashion either, so many guys driving little ИИИИ ant cars these days. Screw fuel prices, id rather be seen in my 4.1 litre falcon than a ИИИИty little 1.3 litre charade :thebirds:
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #70
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I got no problems with dressing well but one thing I just wont wear is pink. IMO its just not a guys colour whatever the shade. And I dont care if its supposed to "pull the chicks" because if they just want me for a shirt then they aint worth it anyway. Pink to me is like the iconic chicks colour of all time.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #71
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Falcon_Phill.... Little car's doesnt mean anything. I'm sure the Fiesta (or any small car with a good chassis) will be right up your ИИИИ (Ar$e) and ready to pass you on the twisties. And there are also small hatches which will give your Falcon a go at the lights (147 GTA, 130i, RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, VW Golf GTI, Ford XR5T etc).

And... maybe if you cannot wear Pink, it is because you are not comfortable with yourself. I wear it (to work) and i couldn't give a crap what you think... I feel good and I know what I am and what I am not. I think Pink really depends on how you wear it. Wearing a pink shirt with a good suit - you should look good and stylish. Wear an "Industrie" polo in pink - and I'm sorry but your trying too hard!

Just as a test- Who knows what TSUBIs are?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 02-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #72
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You dont get compliments looking like a greasy bogan thats just been stuck under the bonnet of an EA.
And what the hell is wrong with that? :evil_laug I've actually gotten more compliments under the bonnet of a car than what I wear. Probably thankful because they can only see my back rather than my ugly mug.

If you feel good wearing those sorts of clothes, go for it, who am I to stand in your way. I don't think your any less of a man for doing so. That sort of fashion just seems a wee bit too feminin for my likings. From where I grew up, a man was neaty dressed, but doesn't put much effort into fashion, because there was always more important stuff to spend money on. Do I want to look respectable? Yes, but I don't need to spend $500 and girls approval of my style to do so.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #73
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Falcon_Phill.... Little car's doesnt mean anything. I'm sure the Fiesta (or any small car with a good chassis) will be right up your ИИИИ (Ar$e) and ready to pass you on the twisties. And there are also small hatches which will give your Falcon a go at the lights (147 GTA, 130i, RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, VW Golf GTI, Ford XR5T etc).
huh? I never said anything about performance, im saying men should drive mens cars and girls drive girls cars. Thats my opinion, like you have your opinion. No need to get defensive.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:10 AM   #74
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
huh? I never said anything about performance, im saying men should drive mens cars and girls drive girls cars. Thats my opinion, like you have your opinion. No need to get defensive.
So, did you mean to say a small car is a girls car?

Smart man's car - cheaper, less fuel, and just as fun!

Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 AM   #75
Yummy Mummy

It's fine to want to look good, I spend alot of money on clothes, have facials, spray tanned every week, waxes, manicures etc. I feel confident when I go out, and have been told by both sexes that I look well dressed. But to think you are different because you wear pink shirts, diesel sunglasses, popped collars, etc you are conforming to the standard uniform worn by most 18-24 yr old men. Wax your hair into a messy crop, and you look identical to any other man on Chapel St. As for clubs with class having particular dress codes, I watched as 5 groups of men wearing your standard pink shirt uniform being rejected from Boutique last month whilst we entered with men wearing very tailored suits.

It is true that your socio economic background dictates your dress code, but unfortunately the standard metro look has been adapted by every class, so just because you wear a particular brand doesnt necessarily place you at a higher status than others.

True, wear what you feel comfortable in, but those that conform to the popular trends should lose the chip off their shoulders that they are better or 'cooler' than anyone else.

Why don't you all just go and get celtic tatoos or asian writing on your inner arms....cos no one has done that before either have they?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #76
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
So, did you mean to say a small car is a girls car?
Yeh pretty much, blame my dad. :
Old 03-02-2006, 12:26 AM   #77
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
It's fine to want to look good, I spend alot of money on clothes, have facials, spray tanned every week, waxes, manicures etc. I feel confident when I go out, and have been told by both sexes that I look well dressed. But to think you are different because you wear pink shirts, diesel sunglasses, popped collars, etc you are conforming to the standard uniform worn by most 18-24 yr old men. Wax your hair into a messy crop, and you look identical to any other man on Chapel St. As for clubs with class having particular dress codes, I watched as 5 groups of men wearing your standard pink shirt uniform being rejected from Boutique last month whilst we entered with men wearing very tailored suits.

It is true that your socio economic background dictates your dress code, but unfortunately the standard metro look has been adapted by every class, so just because you wear a particular brand doesnt necessarily place you at a higher status than others.

True, wear what you feel comfortable in, but those that conform to the popular trends should lose the chip off their shoulders that they are better or 'cooler' than anyone else.

Why don't you all just go and get celtic tatoos or asian writing on your inner arms....cos no one has done that before either have they?
Agreed - I don't wear Pink shirts with collars up out. I usually do as you mentioned.... a nice suit.... or the pants with a shirt and stylish jumper.
Messy hair - fortunately everyone has different hair so it is always different. I have dirty blonde hair... and I'm not a twin.

As for clothing - you need to mix and match. You may have the same clothes as someone else; but it all depends on what you wear it with and mix and match.

Never said that I'm better or cooler because of the way I dress. Just saying that because we keep up with trends and fashion, doesn't mean your instantly gay. Like you said, you went to Boutique (club in melb?) with guys in a tailored suit. Were they gay? No, they just knew how to dress

- Steven -

Old 03-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #78
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

yeah but there so 'zippy' i could kill all the toyota and hyandai adds that say that *arrghh!!! where as sedans are just 'grunt'!

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #79
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Yeh pretty much, blame my dad. :
Well, considering the Renault Sport Clio Cup came 3rd in Bang For Your Buck 05, just behind the Lancer Evolution and WRX STI, I think your dad might be incorrect.

It slaughtered the:
HSV Clubsport DTS
Boxster S
HSV GTO
F6 Typhoon
XR6T
SV8
Falcon GT
Commo SS
330i

Im sorry, but bigger does not mean better

Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #80
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I still dont see how that has anything to do with tough looking cars being for men and small for girls?? Anyway im tired and my gf might bash me if i dont go to bed now :
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #81
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
You're still a poofy version of Elvis :P
:hihi: @ Rob. Not Anthony Callea anymore then? :
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #82
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Not Anthony Callea anymore then? :
His actually gay...

Old 03-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #83
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

It IS possible to look good without being a slave to whatever is the latest gimicky fashion. It's possible to wear a polo shirt without turning the collar up, wear expensive classy jeans that don't have tears in them, and wear a polo shirt thats not pink. Personally I hate the colour pink on guys, so I won't wear it, that doesn't mean I'm in doubt about my sexuality. I also like the latest polo shirts, I however see no point in turning the collar up, as I'm not a runway model trying to enhance my jawline, or whatever the point of them is.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #84
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
It IS possible to look good without being a slave to whatever is the latest gimicky fashion. It's possible to wear a polo shirt without turning the collar up, wear expensive classy jeans that don't have tears in them, and wear a polo shirt thats not pink. Personally I hate the colour pink on guys, so I won't wear it, that doesn't mean I'm in doubt about my sexuality. I also like the latest polo shirts, I however see no point in turning the collar up, as I'm not a runway model trying to enhance my jawline, or whatever the point of them is.
Um, i don't wear Pink polos - and nor do i have the collar up. I was just pointing out that guys in Pink doesn't mean gay - I'm against hot pink though

Old 03-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #85
Jokers Wild
ANYWHERE ANYTIME

Quote:
Teki04]: ...
Unfortunately the way the world is going - people are becoming more involved in looking good.
Not sure about this i think every generation has always wanted to look it's best. it's nothing new or trendy at all.
look early century and the fine clothes worn by the french / english

JW
Jokers Wild is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #86
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Um, i don't wear Pink polos - and nor do i have the collar up. I was just pointing out that guys in Pink doesn't mean gay - I'm against hot pink though
Not having a go at anyone mate, just pointing out how I feel about the lastest "fashions", all for you if you like wearing pink, I just don't like the colour unless I'm staring at a girl who is wearing/showing
I might be missing something with collars although I think it must be just some joke that caught on.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #87
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well yes - I don't have pink Polos. I do have A light pink business shirt though.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #88
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Well yes - I don't have pink Polos. I do have A light pink business shirt though.
Sorry I should have said before I realised that you don't actually wear them either, I was just saying generally all for people if they do. I think we have done this subject to death by now, :
Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 AM   #89
Yummy Mummy

Quote:

And there is nothing wrong with that. I had lunch yesterday with a man wearing pin stripe suit pants and a pink business shirt, and he looked very good.

It's interesting though, I have a group of friends who could afford to buy every designer label in the world, and they don't cos they don't feel they need to conform to what everyone else wears.
These guys are all of extreme upper class (for instance their list of cars include an M3 convertible, a Mercedes SL500 convertible and a porsche boxster, and they are all under the age of 30, and their asset portfolios are well into the multi millions), they don't feel they need to conform to a certain 'look' in order to make them feel better about themselves. Jeans, t-shirts (not polos, and shoes, normal shoes no designer thongs, or white leather loafers.)

Last edited by Yummy Mummy; 03-02-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #90
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For all the guys who say dressing nice is gay, well would you like to pick up a chick who doesn't take the effort to look nice? I sure as hell wouldn't want a tiprat.

Go out at the clubs and see who picks up. The guy who goes to the effort of looking good while the bogans are doing laps in a commodore/falcon packed with their mates. They ain't getting a cut of the action and are getting equally laughed at if not more. Oh well if holding onto a VB bottle floats your boat then good for you.

I've got a light pink shirt (it was for a party) and whilst not my personal choice on colour, the chicks digged it. I dress to attract attention from chicks not bogans!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post