Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #61
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Swap my mint xr6t for a mint fpv GT?

Yes that's what I must aspire to in life, driving a mint B series Falcon.....
Imagine then what my friends would think of me, "Buggerlugs, you have made it"......
I'm getting warm and fuzzy thinking about it............
Old 29-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #62
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Surely you could swap it for a mint 10 year old LS1 and join the olden forum and dribble there for a change.

And yes I had the experience of driving a mint BA but that was 10 years ago and 4 cars ago, time moves on champ you should have your *** in a mint C63 not a cheap seat one as that would not get the Kudos you crave.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 29-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #63
Cranky243

What a GOLF....read it backwards!
This user likes this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #64
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Surely you could swap it for a mint 10 year old LS1 and join the olden forum and dribble there for a change.

And yes I had the experience of driving a mint BA but that was 10 years ago and 4 cars ago, time moves on champ you should have your *** in a mint C63 not a cheap seat one as that would not get the Kudos you crave.
If I had a business paying for it, yes i would be in a C63...

But spending that sort of money on a car without the deductions etc is a very poor financial decision..

Im content with a mint B series, be it a GT or XR6T, rather have appreciating assets.

As Ricky Martin would say.... Bam, Bam, Bam ,Bam
Old 29-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #65
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

What's wrong with the 5 speeds, I've heard they shift better than the 6 speeds and just can't take quite the same level of power.
Old 29-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #66
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
What's wrong with the 5 speeds, I've heard they shift better than the 6 speeds and just can't take quite the same level of power.
Correct. If in doubt hulk pm Tweeked. I believe his still running a 5 speed.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
Old 29-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #67
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
That's the issue, they cant handle the power thrown at them.. They were decent for previous generation cars like windsor V8s or N/A 6s with low torque (comparatively speaking).

An XR6T with any more than stock power will turn them to mince meat. The Boss 290 GT also with a few decent mods will destroy them also.

They might hold together for a stock boss 290 such as the car im considering but who wants a stock boss 290? Id have to mod it at least to be nudging 280-300rwkw to be remotely happy, that 5 speed box wont handle it.
Old 29-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #68
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I don't drive it much as I have other cars

But when I do drive it, nothing better than driving a minter, knowing everything is as new, everything works perfect, still smells new, not a mark on the car, never seen rain. Sure there are plenty new cars out there but not new b series...it's a one of a kind!!..knowing that most b series out there have 20 times the km on the odometer (or more) and drive nowhere near like mine. You just can't get a b series in as good condition, not for love or money.

One day hopefully everyone gets the opportunity to drive a mint car when most others of its type on the road are a little rough round the edges.
Most people don't give a *#&@ because they get a new one every 2 - 3 years. My Pursuit has done nearly 20,000 kms and its still mint!! In 12 months time it will have 40,000 kms and still be mint then too!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 29-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #69
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Most people don't give a *#&@ because they get a new one every 2 - 3 years. My Pursuit has done nearly 20,000 kms and its still mint!! In 12 months time it will have 40,000 kms and still be mint then too!
Your right, Of course it will, 40,000km is still very very low

But cars age with use, no denying that, km travelled is the use!!

I highly doubt that a car that's travelled 150,000km+ like most b series will drive anywhere near one that's done 10,000km or even 40,000km in your case... No matter how well they have been treated. They wear out with use like a pair of shoes.
Old 29-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #70
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Your right, Of course it will, 40,000km is still very very low

But cars age with use, no denying that, km travelled is the use!!

I highly doubt that a car that's travelled 150,000km+ like most b series will drive anywhere near one that's done 10,000km or even 40,000km in your case... No matter how well they have been treated. They wear out with use like a pair of shoes.
Depends who owns it and the level of work they put into it.

I think the thing you need to understand is a 2007 BFII wont drive like a 2015 FGX regardless of how mint it is.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 29-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #71
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
Correct. If in doubt hulk pm Tweeked. I believe his still running a 5 speed.
Double correct - my bro is running 330RWKW out of his BAGT. Clutch has been changed - but apart from that - box has not disintegrated into a Hiroshima style explosion as HULK is suggesting.

I've heard more stories abour ZF's milkshaking, even behind cars making 170RWKW.
HULK lookout - your ZF is a ticking timebomb.. No way i would swap a good condition BAGT for a non FPV I6T , with mods , and a ZF that's about to blow , fitted with FORD leather ( aka rhino ball sack ) and a potentially clagged motor due to extended periods of non use.
What is your mate thinking ??

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #72
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just swap it for a Toyota Aurion Hulk. You know deep down you really want to!
Old 29-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #73
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's the issue, they cant handle the power thrown at them.. They were decent for previous generation cars like windsor V8s or N/A 6s with low torque (comparatively speaking).

An XR6T with any more than stock power will turn them to mince meat. The Boss 290 GT also with a few decent mods will destroy them also.

They might hold together for a stock boss 290 such as the car im considering but who wants a stock boss 290? Id have to mod it at least to be nudging 280-300rwkw to be remotely happy, that 5 speed box wont handle it.
Its not a t5 hulk its a tr3650. It was never used behind the turbo 6 and was only ever used behind t3 strokers and ba gt's.

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

5 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #74
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
If I had a business paying for it, yes i would be in a C63...

But spending that sort of money on a car without the deductions etc is a very poor financial decision..

Im content with a mint B series, be it a GT or XR6T, rather have appreciating assets.

As Ricky Martin would say.... Bam, Bam, Bam ,Bam
Appreciating assets?

So a GT or 6T will return money to you on a regular basis?

If not, its a liability. Not an asset. Thats the definition. An asset must return money (cash in your bank or hand regularly week/month/year) while in possession. If not it is a liability.

The only time that B Series will appreciate in value in any way is in about 30 years. Which if you look at all Aussie cars that is when their values begin to increase. So I hope you have time.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 29-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #75
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
very poor financial decision..
So is having kids, or getting married could be a bonus or a huge loss depending on how your luck runs.

If we all made decisions based purely on financial reasons we wouldn't live very interesting lives.

No point being the richest **** in the cemetary
Old 29-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #76
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

Its worse being the poorest. no visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
Its not a t5 hulk its a tr3650. It was never used behind the turbo 6 and was only ever used behind t3 strokers and ba gt's.
They are known to drop their guts the old 5 speeders, even on bog stock cars. Do your homework. Why did FPV go to a 6 speed Manual? Didnt the first series F6 typhoons all get recalled because they were turning the 5 speeders into cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
HULK lookout - your ZF is a ticking timebomb.. No way i would swap a good condition BAGT for a non FPV I6T , with mods , and a ZF that's about to blow , fitted with FORD leather ( aka rhino ball sack ) and a potentially clagged motor due to extended periods of non use.
What is your mate thinking ??
haha, lol.. my ZF is just fine... 7850km of careful driving, never been raced or even seen rain...it also has brand new oil cooler on it..

Yeah my motor is shagged at 7850km!! haha gets an oil change every 500km lol.. lol What about the ones with 150,000km? They must have been rebuilt 20 times.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 29-06-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 29-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #77
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:

They are known to drop their guts the old 5 speeders, even on bog stock cars. Do your homework. Why did FPV go to a 6 speed Manual? Didnt the first series F6 typhoons all get recalled because they were turning the 5 speeders into cheese?

haha, lol.. my ZF is just fine... 7850km of careful driving, never been raced or even seen rain...it also has brand new oil cooler on it..

Yeah my motor is shagged at 7850km!! haha gets an oil change every 500km lol.. lol What about the ones with 150,000km? They must have been rebuilt 20 times.
Its obvious then that you have anawered all your own questions and this whole thread was just a rhetorical exercise to make you feel good about your XR6. Its a nice car enjoy it and drive it a bit more and just move on.... And please dont start a thread in a couple of years time about the possibility of a swap with it for a veyron....

You have a nice car...what more do you want from us ???

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
5 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #78
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Don't buy a GT. You will bring down the mystique with all the dribble. Starting threads. Bring the values down for real enthusiasts.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #79
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Its obvious then that you have anawered all your own questions and this whole thread was just a rhetorical exercise to make you feel good about your XR6. Its a nice car enjoy it and drive it a bit more and just move on.... And please dont start a thread in a couple of years time about the possibility of a swap with it for a veyron....

You have a nice car...what more do you want from us ???
Preferably away from internet connectivity.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #80
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 29-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #81
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

the F6 ran the 6spd, and it was an issue with the dual plate clutch.

the BA (S1) V8 5 spds were tr3650, 6T were t5

I've also had circa 320rwkw through the tr3650, no they wont sustain prolonged abuse like a t56 but they still do alright.

P.S. make some decisions in your life without asking what to do on a public forum.
7 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #82
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

No, why dont you do your homework mate. 6 speed was mainly a marketing exercise to keep up with HSV.
Christ, its like talking to oxygen sometimes.

Old 29-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #83
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Not to mention highway economy with the extra overdrive gear.
Old 29-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #84
HULK_I6T
Banned

Would a 5 speed manual GT be frowned upon in years to come?

I am thinking of swapping but the 5 speed is the deal breaker for me. I just cant get past it.
Old 29-06-2015, 03:35 PM   #85
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Yeh man. 5 speeds are crap. Chuck a top loader in there. Dump the irs for a 4linked 9 inch. Then park it in the shed for 30 years and never drive it. You will be able to tell the grandkids how you polished it every weekend till the clear coat disappeared. How you never got a stone chip.
If you really want a GT. Get the rarest combination you can, not just impulse swap.
This thread is useless without pics.
Old 29-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #86
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Would a 5 speed manual GT be frowned upon in years to come?

I am thinking of swapping but the 5 speed is the deal breaker for me. I just cant get past it.
Get what you really want mate, or you will be spewin.
Old 29-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #87
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
Yep, pic's or I vote close thread
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #88
tonys6550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
So is having kids, or getting married could be a bonus or a huge loss depending on how your luck runs.

If we all made decisions based purely on financial reasons we wouldn't live very interesting lives.

Ahh, but those with the most when falling off this mortal coil WINS
Old 29-06-2015, 04:18 PM   #89
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
oil consumption, blower snouts, busted dipsticks, stuffed water pumps and milkshakes ftw bro

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 29-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #90
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
Yeh man. 5 speeds are crap. Chuck a top loader in there. Dump the irs for a 4linked 9 inch. Then park it in the shed for 30 years and never drive it. You will be able to tell the grandkids how you polished it every weekend till the clear coat disappeared. How you never got a stone chip.
If you really want a GT. Get the rarest combination you can, not just impulse swap.
Or beer...
Closed Thread