Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #61
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Default Re: I Know Why People Buy Camry's !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Assumption...

Now thats ah terrible Funny that some just have no style or taste

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 03:59 AM   #62
AGS302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Assumption...

If you look closely at the last one it has a Nascar V8 in it . It was on US ebay a few years ago for $250k.

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sal...amry/132189#!/
2009 FPV GS 302 #250/250
ZF And Leather
*Herrod Airbox *X-Force 2.5" Cat Back
Custom tuned by Ben at Auspeed Tuning Mackay to 270.5rwkw.
Old 27-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #63
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6_benito View Post
The older camrys wont do much against the e series falcons ir vr-vt commmodores..i still have old wheels/motor magazines which prove they are not in the same league.

current camrys do everything pretty well, the aurion is a cracking car, probably better car than fg falcon model for model.
you sure?? from what I read a few people agree with me https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...rs/N4RDHD_mJRk

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...s-camry-2.html

not having a go at you or anything but having driven a 99 V6 Camry manual and driven an EL Futura that had a manual conversion and a stock VT V6 auto. in a straight line the V6 Camry's are quicker. of course if where talking about the 4 cylinder Camry of the same era it would have no chance. I'd take a E-series over a Camry in saying that thou and I would defiantly take a Camry over a VT as sad as that sounds
Old 27-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #64
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
I'll give them this much its something different. so long as the owners happy
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Id much rather an Ecoboost XT over a Camry... Sadly Ford should have priced the ecoboost accordingly at say $28,990, with some nicer colours and 17 inch wheels, G6 tail lights and some LED front bar lamps. Sure gotta be a better car then a camry, specially as a fleet hack.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #66
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Id much rather an Ecoboost XT over a Camry... Sadly Ford should have priced the ecoboost accordingly at say $28,990, with some nicer colours and 17 inch wheels, G6 tail lights and some LED front bar lamps. Sure gotta be a better car then a camry, specially as a fleet hack.
that's what I couldn't understand myself with the Ecoboost XT was pricing. Its a shame too, It just proved you didn't need a small car to have a good fuel economy. shame really. I often wonder if it was a smash hit would Ford still of decided to pull out of manufacturing here. thou no point wondering why I guess
Old 27-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #67
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
that's what I couldn't understand myself with the Ecoboost XT was pricing. Its a shame too, It just proved you didn't need a small car to have a good fuel economy. shame really. I often wonder if it was a smash hit would Ford still of decided to pull out of manufacturing here. thou no point wondering why I guess
If i had to buy a sedan for work tomorrow id buy a runout XT Ecoboost.. Fabulous car for a work car, all I would do is put some decent wheels on it and change the tail lights.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #68
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If i had to buy a sedan for work tomorrow id buy a runout XT Ecoboost.. Fabulous car for a work car, all I would do is put some decent wheels on it and change the tail lights.
cheap on fuel, cheaper rego then the six cylinder here in Queensland and it has six cylinder performance. what else could you ask for in work car!!!
Old 28-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #69
ZGM86

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6_benito View Post
aurion is real nice, same as camry basically plus proper power. probably quicker than a falcon i6
As someone who has driven both a 2010 FG XR6 and a 2011 Aurion over plenty of klms, I have to disagree with this.
1978 TE Cortina GL wagon
1955 FJ Holden Special

Car History: 1974 ZG Fairlane 500, 1973 ZG Fairlane 500, 07 SY Territory TX, 1975 Ford F100, 2001 AU2 Falcon XR8 220, 2005 BA RTV, 1997 EL Falcon XR6, 1981 WB Holden pano, 1990 DA LTD, 1992 EB Falcon GLi wagon, 1984 XF Falcon GL wagon, 1976 TD Cortina XL wagon, 1974 TC Cortina XL sedan
Old 28-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #70
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep and I probably would of bought one like that. I bought a new Camry Hybrid, love it (for an appliance). Great long distance, taken it a lot of places including creek and river crossings, as good as they are they don't drive as well as a Falcon. I contemplated a Ecoboost Falcon because they are brilliant but dealers and Ford were not interested in private buyers who find the 30k mark a psychological barrier. Also the Ecoboost is lower with less ground clearance which while not a deal breaker just makes it less practical. I know some big city dealers probably have cheap demos but they need specials on new stock. And already owning a Falcon ute made me look at something different just to have a bit of variety in the driveway, even though I was happy to get another Falcon.

Lifetime fuel economy average is now 4.9 litres per 100km and I have had Eco mode off since the day I picked it up. Decent unit and more refined than new Mercs I have driven.

Last edited by Brazen; 28-03-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #71
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just did 3000km to SA and back in a current model Camry, I could of used an FG XR6 but preferred the Camry due to its 16" wheels vs 18" of the Ford. Most of the trip was on 'B' roads so was after better ride rather than handling.

Fuel economy was 7.5L/100km for the trip, with 90% highway driving. However the trip computer showed 7L/100km, so its quite optimistic...
65k kms on it and the dash was full of rattles, really not much better than my EL in reality.
Its lacking low end torque, but the 6 speed auto makes good use of its top end power; it overtakes quite well (80-140kmh).
As I said earlier its cruise gains way too much speed going down hills, up to 10kmh.
Its quiet and comfortable, although I would have liked some lumbar adjustment.
It sat solidly on the road, doing 100-120km/h on fairly wet B roads it never felt as if it would spear off.
Low beam lights are good for 30m and then nothing beyond that; highbeams are fantastic though.

End of the day with its minor faults I would probably still buy one simply because its cheap to service and you know it will last forever.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #72
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Seating position is horrid in them. Rear view camera a must for reversing. Shoulder check had me staring at B & C pillars. Foot brake unneccessary.

However it goes alright and handles nicely.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #73
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Some probably say that about your falcon and Chrysler...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 07-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #74
adumb
FG G6ET

Reliability; my parents have owned a '87 4cyl, '98 6 cyl, '03 6 cyl and a '07 Aurion. Never had any problems! They got rid of the '87 in 2003 and the only problems it had has was need a new air con pump and a new door handle.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #75
Kayos

Quote:
Some probably say that about your falcon and Chrysler...
If they drive camrys that look like that and munch rice or slurp noodles, could... but some of my mates do and they don't

Car guys wouldn't and don't

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Old 07-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #76
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

Car guys wouldn't and don't
So are you saying Camry owners aren't "car guys' because they modify cars in a fasion aren't to your taste?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #77
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

What a racist piece of ****...
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #78
brebel

I cant believe what I am reading, you cant compare a Camry to a Falcon, the Falcon is a real car the camry is a pretend real car, yes it gets you from a to b and has that overrated Toyota reliability but at the end of the day its a front wheel drive POS, most Camry drivers don't have a clue, or any interest in cars or how to drive one!. Im glad that I can say that most of my life I could have chosen a home grown Falcon or Commodore because the future looks like a proper RWD car will be only for the wealthy. That is all for now.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #79
Kayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
What a racist piece of ****...
You want to elaborate on your post if it's directed to me hillbilly?

If you learn how to read, read my post my mates are rice munches and they don't have an issue with what I say, I'm not true blue but I was born here, put australian before my heritage. I put up with more *** than you would imagine to this day in the school, street, work place & world so spare me your finger pointing ratta.

Yeah nikked,
Yeah these front drive grandpa boxes aren't worth the 95 octane put in them, you can rim them, drop them, paint them or spend whatever you want on the train.. at the end of the day I'd like to see one nicer or faster than a performance Ford or FPV! nada ever. You can spare me to with your aiming comments. I know your deal

Old 08-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #80
AGS302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post
If you look closely at the last one it has a Nascar V8 in it . It was on US ebay a few years ago for $250k.

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sal...amry/132189#!/
Kayos click on this link mate. This Camry would be quicker than most.
2009 FPV GS 302 #250/250
ZF And Leather
*Herrod Airbox *X-Force 2.5" Cat Back
Custom tuned by Ben at Auspeed Tuning Mackay to 270.5rwkw.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #81
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS302 View Post
Kayos click on this link mate. This Camry would be quicker than most.
He's already made up his mind, Badge alone determines if you're a "car guy"...

\≡≡T≡≡/
3 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #82
MAD
Petro-sexual

I guess an Olympic Edition EF is where it's at for the true "car guy"
Old 08-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #83
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD View Post
I guess an Olympic Edition EF is where it's at for the true "car guy"
I thought it was a VR Commodore Acclaim with 5 spoke CSA mags where the true "car guys" car
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #84
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So are you saying Camry owners aren't "car guys' because they modify cars in a fasion aren't to your taste?

Where not allowed to be different when modifying cars, we all have of be doing the same stuff
Old 08-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #85
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brebel View Post
I cant believe what I am reading, you cant compare a Camry to a Falcon, the Falcon is a real car the camry is a pretend real car, yes it gets you from a to b and has that overrated Toyota reliability but at the end of the day its a front wheel drive POS, most Camry drivers don't have a clue, or any interest in cars or how to drive one!. Im glad that I can say that most of my life I could have chosen a home grown Falcon or Commodore because the future looks like a proper RWD car will be only for the wealthy. That is all for now.
Most Camry drivers would not care.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #86
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Sample of what people I know have said about there Camry's/Aurions:

-Its got enough power, get's up and goes.
-Its comfortable
-Good on fuel
-I know they are boring, but they are cheap, have enough guts, and a reliable, just what I need.

Nope, they weren't over 60's retirees...but people who work with cars for there living...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #87
turboclown
Banned

Why do people buy camrys? Because they have no soul or care about driving enjoyment
Old 08-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #88
turboclown
Banned

I got given a hybrid camry a while back by my old employer was the blandest experience of my driving life.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #89
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I would buy a camry ...

Old 08-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #90
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ben View Post
Yes the people who buy base model falcons are the REAL enthusiasts, not camry drivers :P
Closed Thread