Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #61
BENSFPV

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

On a more positive note how lucky are you guys in the market for a GT sedan. Get in there because they will sell fast they are awesome equipment wise and if you dont like the red wheels get one of the other colours its a win win situation
BENSFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #62
BENSFPV

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

They dont need GTP style seats just GT style will be ok just GT wheels normal width is fine with brembos and GT bodykit and hardlid and 315 kw motor is more than enough. They just need to make it more than a GS ute with red wheels and a GT front.
Old 13-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #63
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Hi resolution images have been uploaded into the Gallery now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #64
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks ok from the front 3/4 angle because its a CGI and the rear wheels have been pumped out to fill out rear guards. In real life this will look just as ridiculous as any other FG ute to date.

Ford/FPV, either widen the rear track or start fitting wheels that fill the FG wider tub.

Would have been nice if this did have the 9" rears and GT spec brakes.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #65
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

I do like the red PERSUIT on the tail gate. other angles look pretty average, not even aggressive looking.
No side mirror indicators?

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #66
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am so glad I bi-passed this effort and went straight to building my GS to my spec. Wearing the "Pursuit" badge, the following kit should have featured: Brembo brakes, GT-P seats, body kit, and the 335 Boss. Still a nice car though!
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #67
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
at least the HSV ute is spared the ugly TRD Aurion style exhaust outlets that afflict it's sedan counterpart
New MY12.5 HSV Maloo is 59k drive-away.

As both the Pursuit and Maloo are just show pony utes, the Maloo has the Pursuit well cover in both price and the features list unnaturally. Also the base Maloo misses out on the hideous hard-cover so its actually usable as a ute as well.

http://www.hsv.com.au/e3/maloo/
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #68
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I personally am quite relieved.

The Pursuit is rather similar to the original BA Pursuit with a special colour scheme.

I was a bit worried a few weeks after I bought my XRT ute when I heard there was going to be a "Super Pursuit" which would have annoyed me that I did not wait.

I hope it sells well so FPV do consider a Super Pursuit model or at least another Pursuit in the future.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #69
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

There still is the tempest due for the motorshow in october...

another 30-50 utes with 375kw, big brake etc?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #70
BluXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavVYute
I really like it. It looks a brute!
\

+2
BluXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #71
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Misses most people the fact that this is the Pursuit ...... plenty of room for the Super Pursuit down the track as Flappist said, this sells well and they only have to move a few, then the rest will follow. Tempest is on its way which hopefully makes a few just that little bit less whingy ...... not completely as that is never the way.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #72
I8hsv
I8hsv

They must be all chicks at Fpv lol like everyone else has said gtp or gt but in a ute is it really that hard to do even just a 4 link setup like the old commodore utes would be a start
I8hsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #73
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Should be happy that you can get a performance ute full stop...

It was only in 98 when Ford first decided to do a V8 performance ute...
Ahh so the 351 XY.XA and XB don't qualify as a performance ute even though they had all the trimmings too. The GS ute first appeared in '69 302 only i think but available with toploader or auto. XY omwards you could spec. up to nearly GT spec. The panelvans were much the same.
On topic that is a little to out there fo me but I don't think I'm their target market either.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #74
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

I dont know< but I might be missing something here??
Its a FPV Persuit ute, but it has taxi brakes! FFS
The 315 engine is fine, & well up to being an FPV. But Taxi brakes are just sending the wrong massage. Buy a car that can do 250+Ks but dont worry about stopping it!
I would dump the GTP seats anyday for a set of Brembos!!

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #75
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
I dont know< but I might be missing something here??
Its a FPV Persuit ute, but it has taxi brakes! FFS
The 315 engine is fine, & well up to being an FPV. But Taxi brakes are just sending the wrong massage. Buy a car that can do 250+Ks but dont worry about stopping it!
I would dump the GTP seats anyday for a set of Brembos!!
they are a size up from taxi i think.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
they are a size up from taxi i think.
Dont look it!!!!!

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #77
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8hsv
They must be all chicks at Fpv lol like everyone else has said gtp or gt but in a ute is it really that hard to do even just a 4 link setup like the old commodore utes would be a start
Its not hard. Its expensive.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #78
stang65
FPRJET

All those going on about the Maloo last time I looked the Maloo didn`t have a supercharger. So why don`t you go over to the dark side. most are in the closet anyway and only come here to whinge.
Old 13-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #79
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

I'd jump at a Super Pursuit version of this ute.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The reason it doesn't get the 335 engine is due to the rear end/tailshaft not being strong enough. They are not going to beef up the rear end for 75 cars, the price per unit would be astronomical to cover the R&D costs.

But in saying that it does suck that a Pursuit does not have the full spec GT engine like all the previous Pursuits did. Its been very watered down.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #81
BENSFPV

We all know that its only a tune away from pulling more kw than standard at a small cost but performance brakes should be put on any performance car whether be it standard or cost option no excuses its like not putting the dots on your i's when writing , it seems small but its the little things that make all the difference. Everyone stop making excuses for FPV when there direct competition can do it. And yes Im as blue blooded as it gets so I cant stand to see FPV continually let the red corner get the jump on them.
Old 13-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #82
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
No brake upgrade, no wider rear wheels, no engine upgrade and no suspension upgrade.

This one literally is a sticker pack, plus the addition of the GT front bar and headlights.
Ford continuing to give ute buyers the finger. Off to HSV for a Maloo they go......

Seriously, how effin' hard is it to bring the utes into line with the same features as the sedan!
Old 13-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I think even 315KW and 500nm+ of torque is pushing the borders for something with leaf springs on the rear.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #84
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Its been said a hundred times that the ute cant handle power of the 335. I dont think FPV saw any point in putting the money into upgrading the leaf spring suspension.

They shoudn't of bothered with this to be honest.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #85
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Its been said a hundred times that the ute cant handle power of the 335. I dont think FPV saw any point in putting the money into upgrading the leaf spring suspension.

They shoudn't of bothered with this to be honest.
If they sell 75 of them I am sure they would think it is worth it? Isn't that what it's all about? It's not a case of just pleasing those that wouldn't have bought it anyway, even if it had 400RWKW, big red brakes and 10'' rims.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #86
mickbundy

At least FPV were prepared to take a gamble on this model with 75 units.
Would say even they are not too sure about it
mickbundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #87
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How's all the complaining? Talk about 1st world probs ha
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #88
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

FPV should've got Essendon in on the deal with these utes.
Could almost be a new mascot vehicle.

Alternatively, for 48K, I could buy a REAL batmobile -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....vip=true&rt=nc

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #89
Chopped
as in chopped

The black with red looks pretty wild.
Old 14-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #90
gumbi_18

I think the Pursuit looks awesome. I'm going to have a word to my nearest FPV dealer...
gumbi_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post