Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #61
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

who doesnt!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #62
hrdcor

Cop it all the time now with the lane. Take it sweet and when it comes time to get a lift with anyone that cares to have a go at me, don't hold back on finding every flaw with their vehicle and driving ability.
Old 31-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #63
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night
Well I own an AU fairmont and a VT Calais and I couldn't care less what anyone calls either of them! Down here in adelaide we have quite a few commo taxis along with falcon, the occasional toyota and if your really lucky a Mitsi! I always suspected most taxi owners bought the cheapest car and I thought the ford was cheaper than the holden.

Not taking sides here but my Calais probably has been a little bit more reliable than my Fairmont. My calais has been treated like crap all it's life but my fairmont has been looked after and has done less klms so make up your own mind, could be just luck. I do like both cars but in standard form my calais was nicer to drive. Now though they have both had a few mods and are just as good as each other. Again I could care less if it's holden or ford so have a pot shot at me if you like but I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

Oh one last thing though. I found a major difference in one area when i comes to holden v ford, The holden forum has alot more D...Heads on it than here. Don't even get me started on that!
They all have there fair share of problems, I for won used to work in that elizabeth plant were they are birth'd and cannot say anything good about them holdens. Sorry mate but was a big fan of the holden in my life and the love for the rck cruise died out with the holden lol.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #64
Night

I Agree mate, both cars have problems. Sometimes it just comes down to luck if you get a good one and bad luck if you get a lemon. Problem is both companys cut corners in some areas so they can make more bucks and we the customer get shafted as usuall. I personaly don't have a problem with either of them cause they're ausssie made and I like the look of both of them over any jap crap.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #65
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Do I get offended... well no... no-one calls it a taxi (even if it was) as they have seen the mods (respray in Blueprint, alloys, Altezza's, XR kit etc), plus the burnouts and drifting i do in economy mode on LPG!!... not bad for a Forte ex taxi, stocko 4Ltr and 4sp Auto... :P
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #66
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i have had 5 Au falcons most were company cars started of with au futura black in 99 , 2000 blue spack, 2001 silver futura, 2002 silver forte with 5litre V8 and middle of 2002 i got a silver series 3 xr8 all were nice cars and no mechanical faults my wife now has an AU series 3 SR wagon and its a great car its been lowered by me cat back exhaust BMC filter Tickford rims tinted windows momo wheel i enjoyed all of them great cars. I believe the AU looks a lot better when there lowered and i lowered all of the ones ive had. I wounldnt mind an AU3 v8 fairmont mmmmm nice
ORSM-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #67
bingoTE50
Steve

Well if it happens to me , I will show them it is number 84 taxi of the Tickford Taxi Company , then take them for a spin to see if they remember a taxi that handles like mine !!! : :
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #68
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of my mates refer to my AU as " a family car " but Id rather pull up in that instead of something found in a cereal box, so to speak. Or my mate's Faux " SUV "

Id rather 5 seats, 4 doors, a great cruiser on the highway.. than a coupe built for two and half midgets, with the power output of a lawmower.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #69
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
A couple of my mates refer to my AU as " a family car " but Id rather pull up in that instead of something found in a cereal box, so to speak. Or my mate's Faux " SUV "

Id rather 5 seats, 4 doors, a great cruiser on the highway.. than a coupe built for two and half midgets, with the power output of a lawmower.

I love it! I have gotta say though the lawnmower does have a better safety rating than the gaewoos.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #70
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

usually i just ask what they drive..... mostly "errr i've gotta fully commonwhore i'm building up to run 7's" yeah right me too!

tossers will always be tossers, i love my car and couldn't give a rats freckle what others think.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post