Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #61
MeLLy

Also is that why when i was driving in nsw to wagga wagga that it was like 100 all the way until you hit the hume hwy, well thats stupid!..i was so used to doing 110 i kinda let it creep over the 100 mark on a few occasions, suprisingly enough never got 1 suprise in the mail ...
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #62
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
There are 110 zones in Victoria. The Hume is 110 for most of it, and the Western HWY from at least Ballarat to Melton is 110.
You don't need to be over careful, just abserve the speed limits and don't exceede them by more than 5k's and you'll have no issues.
Out west there are also some 110km/h roads.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #63
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I would like to know at what speeds most people are getting court speeding at, less then 10km over?, 10 to 15km/h?, or 15km/h and over?, I have had 5 fines this year and 4 of then have been for 5 to 7 km/h over the posted speed limit (below 70 in a 60 zone), most of the time it's just keeping up with the traffic flow....no danger to any one., my last fine was for 76 in a 60 zone,9;45 PM 3 lanes either way near the Ringwood by-pass,I sweat to god I thought it was a 70 zone I was in!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #64
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
I would like to know at what speeds most people are getting court speeding at, less then 10km over?, 10 to 15km/h?, or 15km/h and over?, I have had 5 fines this year and 4 of then have been for 5 to 7 km/h over the posted speed limit (below 70 in a 60 zone), most of the time it's just keeping up with the traffic flow....no danger to any one., my last fine was for 76 in a 60 zone,9;45 PM 3 lanes either way near the Ringwood by-pass,I sweat to god I thought it was a 70 zone I was in!
Whats the story with points, would'nt you be close to loosing your licence ? anyway id be peed with that and i do see people burning those darn speed cameras, sooner or later the people will get a gut full of it.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #65
Billy351
Banned

That's a real worry because it will add to the already large amount of unlicensed, and therefore uninsured drivers on our roads.
Billy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #66
Cracka20

Speed limits are set in Australia to hide the poor state of Australian roads and the little money that is spent on them. Increasing the speed fines, talking about and showing graphic speed kills ads keeps everyone off the subject of safer road construction. Apart from minor changes in the road in areas so called 'black spots' I can still take the same windy road along the east coast just like I did in the late 70s! Only exception is my car has got better. When is the government going to take resonsiblity about the deaths on Australian roads. IF IT IS speed that kills, then fit speed limiters that limit all cars to 100km/hr. As we all know it's not the speed that kills . Two cars going the same way, side by side, doing 120km/hr can kiss each other with little effect - basic physics. It's a change in velocity that has the effect. BUT it's about money and we sit here and take it (even agree with them), while someone looks for the opportunity for you to make a mistake. And like the school yard bully gets the support of everyone around them to make you feel guilty. I have never been booked for speeding. Have I ever gone above the limit..YES. Last time I looked I was human and boy do I make mistakes. It's only a matter of time before I will make that mistake and get caught. That's my only dislike of driving. I see only Two ways to reduce deaths of motorists - 1.stop people running off dodgy shoulders into trees 2.Stop head-ons by separating them. Both can be reduced if you spend money. But here is the question...Spend or make money?

Last edited by Cracka20; 25-06-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Cracka20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #67
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracka20
Speed limits are set in Australia to hide the poor state of Australian roads and the little money that is spent on them.
Too true. An example is the freeway between Melb and Geelong. Probably the best in Vic, yet its 100kph, dead straight, and littered with speed camera's. Work that one out. :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #68
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Yes Doc, I am close to loosing my license 1 point for the next 14 months!!!!!, looks like it's time to get me a Queensland license, Victoria and N.S.W. are all connected, but Queensland has a separate road authority, fines down here in Vic and N.S.W. on a Vic license will not affect a Queensland license, loose your Vic license, go get a Queensland one!
One thing that I found out that it's only the money that T.A.C get from your rego is what goes to fixing the roads, all the other money the government gets from the on going road safety campaign "speed cameras" goes to god knows where!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #69
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

The States are close to, if not finalised , a linking system where points lost in another state, are deducted from your home state licence.

I would like to find and slowly torture the mongrel who came up with OHS.. this is all an extension of ohs. what crap, here spends money work harder for longer to be certified safe? here, slap camerasup and penalise the average people for leading the average life. hmmm

I think i want to move from australia to somewhere else.. bastards are completeley ruining out good country!
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #70
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Sorry, but what's the big deal about all these people losing their licenses? If you're speeding, majority of the time you know it and you're breaking the law.

That's not to say I've never copped a speeding fine or lost my license, but at the end of the day if you do the wrong thing and get caught, you just have to cop it on the chin.
For me it's more the camera placement (ie. at the bottom of hills, or places where braking actually causes more dramas) that irks me.

And also, the more speed cameras are showing up, the more you see drivers slam on the brakes in the middle of the road to slow down before they go past it. I've actually seen someone get smacked in the rear pretty hard too because of that reason.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #71
Billy351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades
The States are close to, if not finalised , a linking system where points lost in another state, are deducted from your home state licence.
That system has been in since AT LEAST 1997, and I know because I lost points on my NSW license for doing 75 in a 60 zone in rural Victoria.
Back in 87 when I was driving through Burleigh head QLD I went straigh through a red light without noticing, cope pulled me over and he had to explain to me where the red light was, they used to hang them in the middle of the road in a weird way, I laughed at the $30 fine back then. Today in NSW its $308 (PS: I also hate the old yellow 1930s Melbourne traffic lights as seen on the Princes HWY at Dandenog that you almost need a telescope to see)
Billy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post