Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked67
There is a Phase 3 in my area that has not seen the road for over 20 years,
Wild Violet
Gold Stripes
White Interior
Sun Roof
Rear Spoiler/ Front Deflector
The guys from Australian Muscle Cars came over and bought my mates(worked with phase 3 owner) XY GT and they new about this Phase 3. They asked my mate to contact him if he would sell it he told him there is no way he would sell it as it is the only one with that colour option, the guys confirmed this and thats why they wanted to buy it. They offered $200,000 and the answer was NO, this was over 3 years ago now. I personaly beleive this car could bring more money than we have seen yet
What is also interesting is that there was only one XY GHTO that raced with white seats. I am not saying its the car above as the team that raced car could have put white seats in. But if the car has a race history it would be worth more.
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #62
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog
What is also interesting is that there was only one XY GHTO that raced with white seats. I am not saying its the car above as the team that raced car could have put white seats in. But if the car has a race history it would be worth more.
He is the second owner bought it atleast 26 years ago but there has never been any mention of a racing back ground. did that car have black or gold stripes as the Wild Violet, White, Gold combination is what makes it different.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #63
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 PHASE3
we have a saying;
owning art is boring
owning and driving a phase3 hoey is roaring!

rod
Problem is you dont see them being driven,and I for one think that owning a slow,expensive car that you cant drive whenever the whim takes you is NO fun at all....
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #64
42 PHASE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
i'd love to see the audit reports for all these super funds with GTHOs in them. HOs have always been bought by collectors. they were out of the range of the average enthusiast when they were $75,000 let alone $750,000.
true, ive never thought they were cheap or good value for money for that matter! the blokes that buy them are just enthusiusts with money and the rest of us are just dreamers, simple as that, some just winge about it more than others thats all.

rod
42 PHASE3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #65
42 PHASE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Problem is you dont see them being driven,and I for one think that owning a slow,expensive car that you cant drive whenever the whim takes you is NO fun at all....
open your eyes then and u might see them driven, the owners dont drive them myth is exactly that, a myth! and when ford finally build a car that will nail one in a straight line then u can call them slow!

rod
Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #66
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
open your eyes then and u might see them driven, the owners dont drive them myth is exactly that, a myth! and when ford finally build a car that will nail one in a straight line then u can call them slow!

rod
So they drive them whenever they feel like it?
More likely that if you had such a valuable car you would pick and choose how and where you drove it,not likely to take it to the local shopping centre car park or wherever and whenever you felt like it for that matter.

Have you seen Fords new line up?
A model in that line up would absolutely eat it for breakfast,sorry to bust your bubble but facts are facts,low 13 to high 12 sec quarter times STOCK.

Then we have the thousands upon thousands of modified older cars that are ALOT faster,cost less and are more fun to drive...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #67
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey nugget,
when was the last time you left one of your xa's at a shopping centre?
i can control my car when driving it, but i can't control the scum that won't save to own a car like mine and think its fun to debadge, steal, scratch anything that someone else owns.

when i get back, my gt will be a weekender, thats it... unless theres a run on during the week ;) or it's a tuesday, or a thursday, or a .............

different strokes for different folks.

mick.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #68
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Quote:
More likely that if you had such a valuable car you would pick and choose how and where you drove it,not likely to take it to the local shopping centre car park or wherever and whenever you felt like it for that matter.

A model in that line up would absolutely eat it for breakfast,sorry to bust your bubble but facts are facts,low 13 to high 12 sec quarter times STOCK.

Then we have the thousands upon thousands of modified older cars that are ALOT faster,cost less and are more fun to drive...
Low 13's, High 12's what Ford dealer are you going to?
nugget you would be suprised where some people drive there cars
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #69
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
hey nugget,
i can control my car when driving it, but i can't control the scum that won't save to own a car like mine and think its fun to debadge, steal, scratch anything that someone else owns.

when i get back, my gt will be a weekender, thats it... unless theres a run on during the week ;) or it's a tuesday, or a thursday, or a .............

mick.
Mate I know exactly what you mean and agree wholeheartedly,but its just that some who regard a car as worthless if it dosent have the original as it left the factory scothchguard on it I dont get.
On one hand they say...

Quote:
rods tip is that good orig cars will be pulling 2mill in 5 years time, repo restos need not apply.

rod
Then insinuate that the same all original untouched,still have the factory stickers cars get driven and driven well yet dont wear out any parts,and if they have worn out a couple bits from use they are somehow something lesser.

Its this collectors mentality,as if they are a painting on a wall I dont really understand,they were built for a purpose which is self evident,to be driven and enjoyed,not used as a commodity to inflate some ego's...
Old 04-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #70
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked67
Low 13's, High 12's what Ford dealer are you going to?
nugget you would be suprised where some people drive there cars
Have a look at some of the timeslips the 6 speed auto typhoons have put down.
Search function is your friend...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #71
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hey nugget,

mick.
I remember seeing a rather nice GT in the car park of the tavern quite recently. I am fairly sure it drove their and back again under its own steam too........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #72
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

;)
true flappist, but i wasn't about to sit anywhere i couldn't see it!!!!!!!!!!
hows tricks? should be back around 22 june for 10 days, might go to the maryborough sprints........... oh, and i'll drive the gt there too.
mick.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #73
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

rod
Considering the Ph3 ran low 14's then any current XR8, XR6 Turbo or FPV should be quicker than that as they are all capable of going sub 14, considering the only real know magazine test of the Ph 3 by Wheels recorded a 14.4. Possibly with 2 up and a full 36 gallon tank with 3.25 ratio.

Its a pity that no really knows what a HO with the lowest diff ratio, close ratio box, 1/4 tank of petrol and a decent set of rear tyres would run stock when straight of the showroom floor. Possible mid to high 13.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #74
congo3sr

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by congo3sr
:
Hello, still waiting,4V
congo3sr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #75
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by congo3sr
Hello, still waiting,4V

He must be having a nana nap

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #76
congo3sr

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
He must be having a nana nap
HAHAHA Ijust think he forgot my question. :
congo3sr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #77
42 PHASE3

Quote:

i never mentioned driving them to the shops but now that u mention it there are a few blokes that own 3 or 4 phase3 hoeys and still use one as a driver or shopping trolley if u like.
plenty of stock 3.25 phase3s, abeit fitted with modern rubber, from both east to west coast have run quarter times deep into the 13s, a fact.
my stock bf gt self shifter definetly doesnt have the stick right through the rev range like a good 3 and i can honestly say the most fun ive ever had driving a car has always been in a phase3 hoey, thats not to say they are perfect, far from it.
yes i find it hard to swallow new stock australian fords running 12sec quarters, whats that sound? must be the bs meter going off again.

rod
Old 04-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #78
42 PHASE3

Quote:
Mate I know exactly what you mean and agree wholeheartedly,but its just that some who regard a car as worthless if it dosent have the original as it left the factory scothchguard on it I dont get.
On one hand they say...

Then insinuate that the same all original untouched,still have the factory stickers cars get driven and driven well yet dont wear out any parts,and if they have worn out a couple bits from use they are somehow something lesser.

Its this collectors mentality,as if they are a painting on a wall I dont really understand,they were built for a purpose which is self evident,to be driven and enjoyed,not used as a commodity to inflate some ego's...
im not a collector, cars are not art, and the only thing i insinuated as u said was that original cars will pull the big bucks in the future as they do now. also there is no such thing as an original untouched car and of course missing original parts hurts a cars value no matter how rare the combo or car is.

rod
Old 04-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #79
GRNKPR

Shannons auction as we speak lets see what the market is saying

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 04-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #80
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xbgt, 85k.....

wow.....................

ho 525k

xy 212k

not sure on xr, but i reckon....... 95???? lets wait and see.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #81
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
xbgt, 85k.....

wow.....................

ho 525k

xy 212k

not sure on xr, but i reckon....... 95???? lets wait and see.

XR went for $52 000

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=103093

Old 04-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #82
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good value at 52k, probably the best value of the night.....

85k for that xb??? i guess, black, roof, etc...

may call shannons and change my policy tomorrow.

hehehee.....
Old 04-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #83
42 PHASE3

its funny but in light of other recent reported prices some will think a phase3 hoey for 525k is a bargain and the naysayer doom and gloom jokers will say its a sign the market for these cars is about to fall over, lol.

rod
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #84
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
its funny but in light of other recent reported prices some will think a phase3 hoey for 525k is a bargain and the naysayer doom and gloom jokers will say its a sign the market for these cars is about to fall over, lol.

rod
I had a good close look at it, 525K was about right for it. There are H3's out there worth close to a mil in comparrison.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #85
1970galaxie
Fat 460

We have an owner over here with three Phase 3s.
At the GT Nats at Easter, he was offered 1 million, but he knocked it back!
He doesn't need the money.
So I guess, to answer the question of this thread, 1 million wont be far away.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #86
42 PHASE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
We have an owner over here with three Phase 3s.
At the GT Nats at Easter, he was offered 1 million, but he knocked it back!
He doesn't need the money.
So I guess, to answer the question of this thread, 1 million wont be far away.
yes but that was a well documented nice low miler with exceptional trim before it was restored, not many phase3 hoeys have that type of provenance.

rod
Old 04-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #87
42 PHASE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I had a good close look at it, 525K was about right for it. There are H3's out there worth close to a mil in comparrison.
and the moral of the story is, not all phase3s are equal!

rod
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #88
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Just randomly had a look at what changeover would cost if it were in vic...
A cool ~$93,000
woooo!

Disclaimer: I realise it was not a vic car, or likely to be registered...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #89
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
and the moral of the story is, not all phase3s are equal!

rod

The moral of this story is that not all collectables are as collectable. I saw the PHIII in the flesh at the auction and I can tell you, I Instantly knew it wouldn't go anywhere near 600K. In fact I was surprised it went over 500K.
Overall condition was less than perfect, probably in the "OK" to good category.

The XB and XY GT's on the other hand were in immaculate condition. The colour combo was right, the options list was right. The weather was good and there was the biggest turnout that a Shannons auction has ever seen.

That's not saying that all XB and XY GT's will fetch a similar price just becasue the examples on auction last night did. There are many factors that contribute to the desirability, it's not just the fact that it's a GT !!!!!!!!!!

Either way, the FORD army blitzed the GM stuff.............. :evil3:

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #90
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what did the walky go for? anyone?