Skaifey in a stone brothers falcon next year
that be something to see,
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #62
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadly
I think its pretty sad considering...he is a tool! but for what he has done for the sport.
And to go from a mansion to a flat? would break a guy as a man, provider and husband and father.
Swing him a falcon for a season.. and see what happens.
Hell even a guest partnership with say lowndes for a bathurst run- with the classic stickers of the Ford guy urinating on the Holden ;) lol
I agree. What you've said sums up my sentiments. Skaife should do what Seton did, and defect to the other side....it'd be quiet funny watching him drive for a Ford team
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #63
DougM

I try not to judge people but Walkinshaw has been nothing but a thorn in the side of our sport.......There has always been controversey about him and his dealings...What's that saying, "Where there's smoke there's fire"....... Or the Aussie version, if it looks like ,smells like ...........He continously brings our sport into disrepute.....He certainly is no role model as a team owner and especially the factory team..... I don't understand how Holden supporters can follow and support such a ......I guess Holden don't mind him because we've all seen their win at any cost policy over the years......
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #64
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

From the Adelaide Advertiser....

Quote:
Under the arrangement with Holden Motorsport, prior to Walkinshaw owning the business, the team received favourable costing and monthly bills for all the services required to run a race team.

"But the accounting systems changed under Walkinshaw and Skaife Sports found itself in massive debt. Instead of monthly costings he got a yearly bill which took him by surprise and he could not pay it."
Poor business acumen on behalf of Mrs Skaife but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #65
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougM
I try not to judge people but Walkinshaw has been nothing but a thorn in the side of our sport
Not just our sport but I would say all Motor Sport
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #66
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadly
I think its pretty sad considering...he is a tool! but for what he has done for the sport.
And to go from a mansion to a flat? would break a guy as a man, provider and husband and father.
Swing him a falcon for a season.. and see what happens.
Hell even a guest partnership with say lowndes for a bathurst run- with the classic stickers of the Ford guy urinating on the Holden ;) lol
rofl
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #67
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Mark Skaife energy polariser anyone????

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #68
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well lets just hope the HRT cars get stomped on next year by all other teams (preferably the Ford teams)
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #69
sbcb
BA Xr8

Walkinshaw getting more and more influence in the supercar series should worry everyone else in it. Skaifey was definitely the lesser of the two evils here.
Maybe this is why the Kellys are getting race support from Larry Perkins next year, they don't want anything to do with dodgey ol Toms growing influence.

as yoda would put it, - more to this than has been revealed I think.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #70
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Wilkinghaw the grub, the sports governing body should have a look at this individual he was at the helm when holden racing went broke. Skaify put his hand in his pocket to keep them on the track and now uncle tom wants to shaft Skaify holden should step in and sort it out if this is the case (as described with hsv owing 2 years money to hrt ) tom wont have hsv or hrt without holden aust. support.
Holden should consider what Skaify has done for them in sales and race results and what tom the pom has done. Dont particularly like Skaify but he has done a lot for V8SC and deserves better than the shaft from the grub.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #71
geehaa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im no fan of Skaife but I wouldn't wish losing everything on anyone.
geehaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #72
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

My bad, link already posted.

Ah well....

Skaife's reported ruin 'rubbish,' says manager
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...979909479.html
Scott Spits
December 1, 2008 - 2:12PM

The manager of Mark Skaife has described as "absolute rubbish" reports that the retiring motor racing champion is facing financial ruin.

Skaife's manager, former AFL footballer Craig Kelly, said the five-time Bathurst winner was happily living in a rented house with his wife and three children after selling his Toorak mansion last year.

"It that's a rented flat, then there should be three families living in it," Kelly said, stressing that the 41-year-old was not in financial trouble despite allegations of a bitter business dispute with Scottish racing magnate Tom Walkinshaw.

Kelly said he was "very disappointed and angry" that such reports would be "rolled out" before the final race of Skaife's V8 Supercars career at Sydney's Oran Park this weekend.

Reports claimed the Holden driver could lose all of the assets in his own company, Skaife Sports, because of a $3.6 million loan to Walkinshaw.

If Skaife defaults on the loan, the losses could include the Holden Racing Team (HRT), one of the most famous and lucrative brands in Australian sport, according to the reports.

Kelly said Skaife had made many sound commercial choices throughout his career and the motor sport champion had decided to sell his Toorak mansion last year 'for a host of reasons'.

"He didn't want to buy a new property at the time because he didn't want to buy in at the top of the market," Kelly said.

According to media reports, Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) documents show Skaife sold the mansion about the same time he traded "debt for equity" with one of Walkinshaw's Australian firms, Real Racing.

Walkinshaw, who once owned the HRT, bought half of Skaife Sport in September last year in a deal that was reportedly struck to relieve debt the company owed to another of Walkinshaw's companies, Walkinshaw performance.

Under an agreement with Holden Motorsport, Walkinshaw Performance supplies racing services including engines, engineering and paint to HRT.

Walkinshaw denied allegations that price rises from his company had forced Skaife into a financial corner, saying a sponsor had defaulted on Skaife.

with AAP

Last edited by Dazza XLT; 01-12-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Dazza XLT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #73
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Money has no Friends
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #74
seduced_xr
BF XR6

as much as id love to see skaife last in every v8 race. no1 wants to see this happen to him.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #75
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love him or loathe him, he's done a lot for motor sport in Oz, even if he doesn't drive a Ford.
He's a Bathurst champion in his own right.
I wish him luck either way, I hope he doesn't go under.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #76
seduced_xr
BF XR6

yer it would be sad to see this happen to him and his family. theres a big difference between car rivalry (spelling) and some1s actual life away from the cars. if any1 here thinks this is great well then their down right idiots
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #77
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Whatever! Skaify should have known from past history Walky was going to take the prize. Wonder if die hard fans still love their plastic pigs?

Last edited by BOSS 540; 01-12-2008 at 08:23 PM.
BOSS 540 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #78
zigzagnt

guess who just bought HRT

http://www.v8dailydump.com.au/news/a...EWSITEMID=7287
zigzagnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #79
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

there you go, didnt need to be Nostradamous to see that one coming!
BOSS 540 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #80
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds to me walkinshaw is scum, never liked his cars and now i dont like the man

i respect skaife as a driver, even looked up to him back in his prime

i hope he can get out of this alright

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #81
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
yer it would be sad to see this happen to him and his family. theres a big difference between car rivalry (spelling) and some1s actual life away from the cars. if any1 here thinks this is great well then their down right idiots
Yeah I agree.

I know Skaife can be a P.rick, but still this would be difficult for anyone to face.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #82
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR
sounds to me walkinshaw is scum, never liked his cars and now i dont like the man

i respect skaife as a driver, even looked up to him back in his prime

i hope he can get out of this alright
TW had my following when he was racing his Jaguar and Rover at Bathurst in '84 and '85, but then when he stepped in after Brocky lost Holdens backing, I smelt a rat back then.

Now the big rat has returned and has done it again, although he did have a 50% share in HRT last year which TEGA didnt approve of then. Just wish the fans will desert his team.

Even though we gave Skaifey a lot of stick over the last few years, he certainly doesnt deserve to lose what he's got, and really wish him all the very best and eventually come out of it better off. I would like to see Skaifey return to racing, in the blue side as suggested.

Go Skaifey!! (Didnt know I would say that one day....). Still remember him in the Nissan 4WD years ago when he overtook the whole front grid at the start driving onto the grass!!
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #83
cool65
carefactor zero

Call a spade a spade

He got what he deserved -NO LESS

all you half assed v8 followers are reaching for tissues on his behalf

Speed is $$$$$$$$$$$

HRT have for 20 years had the biggest budget to throw at their cars and
that is why they have been on top

Win on Sunday, buy on Monday have given them the $$$$ to keep them up there
They were the first to spend $10000+ on super duper rattle guns to gain .00poofteenth of a second in the pits

Most of the bogans out there driving clubbies & granges are tossers and every where you look it has been 70/30 holden /ford supporters for years and WE'VE been on the receiving end of the losers club for too long.

888 has got their head screwed on strategy wise and showed HRT what for !!

Skaiffe has been a very good driver in a great car sans ferrari in F1 (but there has been heaps of more talented drivers out there in the last 20 years that haven't had the equipment read $$ to get to the front) and his success will go down in the books

By the way OPES PRIME is the company that shafted them this year for millions in a long term sponsorship - I believe the director was a big V8 fan and want to be seen on the "winners" side but using other peoples money
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #84
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Thousands of ppl (battlers) are loosing there homes and all there hard earned assets every year being screw'd over by banks, why is it any different for Snozz being done over by TW and loosing his wealth
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #85
MRJUCY
Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool65
By the way OPES PRIME is the company that shafted them this year for millions in a long term sponsorship - I believe the director was a big V8 fan and want to be seen on the "winners" side but using other peoples money
Opes Prime were funding or rather not funding HSVDT not HRT.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #86
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

I read not to long ago that skaife isnt to happy with what the papers have said and that it has been said he sold his house a while ago b4 the doller fell
Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #87
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv84d
Wilkinghaw the grub, the sports governing body should have a look at this individual he was at the helm when holden racing went broke. Skaify put his hand in his pocket to keep them on the track and now uncle tom wants to shaft Skaify holden should step in and sort it out if this is the case (as described with hsv owing 2 years money to hrt ) tom wont have hsv or hrt without holden aust. support.
Holden should consider what Skaify has done for them in sales and race results and what tom the pom has done. Dont particularly like Skaify but he has done a lot for V8SC and deserves better than the shaft from the grub.
You are ill informed!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #88
HI PSI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr

I agree whole heartedly with your comments.

It is truely a sad day when people get cheers out of such an event. I really feel for him and his family. I am sure that we can all relate to pain that they are now suffering. I have lost much also. How about you???

Maybe instead. We as Aussie's should show some compassion and support our heroes and role models that inspire our children and us adults also.

Go get'm Skaifey. Don't let the fat cats beat you. Even though I am a Ford man... I'd pay good money to see you back again.. You are a true gentleman in a world full of vilians and tyrany.
HI PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #89
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope for Skaife's sake that Walkinshaw gets approval but I hope for the sake of the sport that he doesn't. The sooner Walkinshaw and the bad money that seems to follow him is away from Australian Motorsport then the better in my opinion. Let Walkinshaw's creditors gang up on him where they can.
I've done my fair share of ribbing of Skaife but I wish him the best. Don't play with Walkinshaw Skaifey. Keep away from HRT while he has dealings with it. I'll also pay good money to see you back again but not allied with Walkinshaw.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #90
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

news tonight says, walkinshaw now owns it and skaife is clear of hrt debt
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post