Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #61
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: A true Australian hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
Normally not much that gets said on the idiot box gets me riled, but this time they have gone over the top.
I have written to the TV station expressing my disgust and informing them that I will also be writing to all the advertisers that are supporting that show.
By doing this I hope that advertising money would be pulled and the show would have to be axed with no funds.
If enough people did this we could make a difference and get this show axed. This Aussie bloke deserves our support and even though he is tough enough to take it on the chin and move on gathering enough public support to get the show axed would really show him how much the general public appreciates what he has done for us all.

I did exactly the same and also asked channel ten to explain why this gormless talentless xxxx and this tired old left wing self important has been were not sacked on the spot . I have not even had the courtesy of a response or even an acknowledgment of reciept of my communication . Also emailed the Australian Television standards people with a formal complaint backed up by a letter . Obviously channel ten want an audience of pre pubescent teens with no taste , no discernment , no backbone and I.Q's in single digits . Excellent to see some advertisers have already responded by pulling there advertising revenue from this tawdry excuse for a show . Yumi , time to go back to the anonimity of the sandwich shop , channel ten , time to make sure she does . If it was within my power I would go out of my way to ensure this gormless xxxx never worked in the media ever again in fact never worked again ever .

Last edited by wrongwaynorris; 04-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

3 advertisers have pulled out and now she's getting death threats and racial abuse online.

What did she think was going to happen slandering a war hero?

What an airhead.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
3 advertisers have pulled out and now she's getting death threats and racial abuse online.

What did she think was going to happen slandering a war hero?

What an airhead.
Poetic Justice
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #64
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I read the update today on the Herald Sun website. Whilst I agree Yumi made a very stupid comment, I don't think she deserves the harsh treatment she is now getting....It has gone too far!

As for Channel 10's statement they released today...well Pffft! Not once in that statement about how they are showing "Respect" did they once think to show him respect and address this heroic man as Corporal!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #65
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Poetic Justice
to me it shows what a bunch of boof heads this country has
she screwed up as did the other old lady, but could anyone expect any more from them. one is a try hard social commentator and the other a try hard journalist
it was in bad taste and none of it was funny, but many have done worse. the so called victim didn't seem to care, so i am unsure what the fuss is about
i think it is time to build a bridge because death threats and racial insults are much worse than the original crime
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #66
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
to me it shows what a bunch of boof heads this country has
she screwed up as did the other old lady, but could anyone expect any more from them. one is a try hard social commentator and the other a try hard journalist
it was in bad taste and none of it was funny, but many have done worse. the so called victim didn't seem to care, so i am unsure what the fuss is about
i think it is time to build a bridge because death threats and racial insults are much worse than the original crime
Snap! Spot on. OK, the young lass shot off her uneducated mouth and she's copped it firmly between the eyes. There's a fair argument to say that she's been given a fair lesson in when to talk rubbish, and when to shut the hell up. The issue should now be left to the history book of life's lessons. Alas, this appears to have awoken the on-line trolls, oxygen theives and general folk who have way too much time on their hands. Abuse and threats have no place here. In fact, it may let people like her play the victim card and thus the underlying message of the public backlash against the original incident is lost.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #67
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I bet George Negus isn't a happy camper right now:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...-1226295917050
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post