Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #61
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Either Aussie haters (sticker induced) or Ford haters.

I wonder what happened to the vigilante movement?

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #62
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I cannot understand why these little buggers continue to get away with this. A small stint in the Army, say 2 years, should have them a little more respectful and MAKE them payback for the damage from their Wages.

Too little discipline and it spoils the young person.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #63
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:O.... i can't say i was expecting such damage as that when i opened this thread...

really really sorry to see it.... :(... hope the damage gets sorted .. ( i didn't read page 2)
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #64
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe you should cruise around the burbs next weekend, i doubt it'd be a once off, you might get lucky and see them ruining someone elses pride and joy, or they might recognise your car and start mouthing off..nothing a good solid baseball bat won't fix though.

such a shame about your car hlc, hope it all gets fixed.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #65
max
LWBforME

Ah hell! Every car lovers worst nightmare come true. My sympathy to you.
Bloody mongrels!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #66
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is no way to stop this kind of thing I'm afraid, all you can hope for is that if something does happen a mature adult sees it and reports it with descriptions etc.. if not then the maggots get off in more ways than one

I see their behavior their lack of respect for self even and their attitude which seems to be along the lines of "fun at any cost". Anybody visited the emergency ward on a friday/saturday night? some of the injuries are mind boggling.

I witnessed a pair of clever individuals and a shopping trolley collide into a solid brick wall at full sprint speed - they found it hilarious. This is the kind of individual that walks among the rest of us, what hope do we have apart from doing what I do and drive a crate around while the nice wheels sit in the shed.

If it helps any maggots don't live for long

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #67
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

That's disgusting. I feel sorry for you mate. You must be apocalyptic with rage, I know I would be!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #68
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe
Either Aussie haters (sticker induced) or Ford haters.

I wonder what happened to the vigilante movement?
I thought Australia was made up in the last 200 odd years of migrants.

It's more to do with people that have no decency or respect for others than the make of car or stickers on it. I would be fuming if it was my car but in the end I would let the insurance and authorities handle it more than wanting to get into fines or jail time myself for a car.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #69
ltd
Force Fed Fords

That's horrible mate. I reckon we should outlaw inbreeding and we'd save alot on our insurances.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #70
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The marvels of modern science are keeping these morons alive and able to breed...
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #71
Wally
XP Coupe

The understandably upset OP posts damage to his turret and the thread turns into a xenophobic spray, social decay and loss of the great Australian society.

When was this mythical Oz culture that everyone pines for? Is it the one when you worked six days a week, you were lucky to get an education past year 10, a restaurant was the local fish and chip shop, where gangs roamed the streets at night looking for a rumble with the gang from the next suburb, where whole families lived destitute because the man of the house spent his pay on cigarettes, alcohol and the horses, where same frequently intoxicated man beat his wife and kids for good measure without fear of the law, where having an olive complexion relegated you to jibes and second class status?

Ute trays have always been a favourite for young blokes to play the fool on, no forthought req'd.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #72
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@wally,chill sport,your living upto your name again.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #73
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Is it the one when you worked six days a week, you were lucky to get an education past year 10, a restaurant was the local fish and chip shop, where gangs roamed the streets at night looking for a rumble with the gang from the next suburb, where whole families lived destitute because the man of the house spent his pay on cigarettes, alcohol and the horses, where same frequently intoxicated man beat his wife and kids for good measure without fear of the law, where having an olive complexion relegated you to jibes and second class status?
yeah thats the one! Gone are the days when filthy wogs like me were kept in our place. I miss those days.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #74
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I allways think if your not the kind of person that's into smashing everything you see and getting ****ed in the gutter then go live in a smaller town and leave the city to those that want to be like that then they will have to deal with each other
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #75
Lynch'd

Really sorry to see your car in that state HLC. I see that car around the traps almost every week and its a beautiful example of a well loved AU.

Hope its a smooth repair process and she's back looking the goods soon.

Ceramic coated 4490's, Magnaflow high flow cat, Twin 2.5" Mercury exhaust, BPR CAI , Territory tessa pipes. :evil3:

20% Underdrives waiting to be fitted

My Build Thread
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #76
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
yeah thats the one! Gone are the days when filthy wogs like me were kept in our place. I miss those days.

I was a white boy raised amongst wogs, never liked the way they were treated and it seemed to me they were better than a lot of the dinky dyes.

MO, don't care if I have a rep and I'm not annoyed, it just amuses me how people think today is worse than yesterday and then promote violence they have probably never encountered first hand..
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #77
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddak
as an expat yank who has lived in oz 4/5 of my life ...all i can say is ..

why the hell are we following the yanks in their " poor little crim" mentality.

when you watch the news today ,all you see is NO JUSTICE for the victims
and i dont mean the likes of the OXYGEN BANDITS that did the fandango on the falcon at the head of this thread .

i could go on for hours about children s services and the like and how they shield out- of- control young people, and before any one picks on the coppers, dont forget that it is the POLITICIANS that make the rules ,the poor coppers are duty bound to uphold it ,even though ,in secret they too would like to see
"more appropriate justice served" :
YEP!
But they are bored they have noting to do!
A old Irish mate reckoned he had to dig a hole with a shovel starting on Monday and finishing digging on Tuesday and then just fill it back in on Friday boredom problem solved. :
If some one deliberately destroys something they should just have to pay the worth of damage back. then they may learn.
some of these toss pots just boast, of doing more damage then the other person. how is that for being cool. :
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #78
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man some people out there that u just want to knock some sence into them, when im bored i come on the forums hahaha
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #79
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I was a white boy raised amongst wogs, never liked the way they were treated and it seemed to me they were better than a lot of the dinky dyes.

MO, don't care if I have a rep and I'm not annoyed, it just amuses me how people think today is worse than yesterday and then promote violence they have probably never encountered first hand..

There is a saying, The Golden Age is never the current one.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #80
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Same thing happened to us, on my wifes TX3 4wd Turbo. Daylight parked in town during a week day. I know how you feel.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #81
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

IMO, you should never put stickers on your car. Only takes one douche to get peeved at whatever sticker you're displaying for damage to ensue.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #82
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

What's the update, Henri? No doubt you've been in contact with the insurance company... what's happening?
If you make an insurance claim, they want a police reference number... did the police come out and check for fingerprints or shoeprints?

It'd be nice to find out who did this to your car...
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #83
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
What's the update, Henri? No doubt you've been in contact with the insurance company... what's happening?
If you make an insurance claim, they want a police reference number... did the police come out and check for fingerprints or shoeprints?

It'd be nice to find out who did this to your car...

well whats the update,

i went and saw my panelbeater today just for his opinion before i blow all my savings for appliances and furniture on my excess, but basically he reckons new roof and probably bonnet as its all flattened.

so ill get in touch with insurance soon.

already got a police event number, i saw/spoke to the fuzz the night it happened and basically they said they cant do jack about it unless i knew who it was.

All i can deduct from the event is:
a) it was a big boy that did it
b) he was wearing Adidas Superstars on his feet. well thats the type of shoe that left foot prints all over my car.

so this leaves me between a rock and a hard place. it'll never get rego'd with a stuffed roof but im paranoid itll get written off as i really cant afford it to be. as i just got a mortgage at 22 so i was gonna be relying on the AU for a few more years at least.

realistically, 1500 excess on 8700 agreed value. leaves me with 6200, plus the cost of setting up a new policy, lets say 1200 premium, leaves me with 5k for a new car. i aint gonna get much for that. maybe an el xr6 if im lucky? as i dont want anything thrashed. ah well. see how things go. wish me luck with the insurance company!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:55 AM   #84
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

dam thats not good at all Good luck with it mate and hope u have some good luck with the insurance company
Old 07-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #85
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
well whats the update,

i went and saw my panelbeater today just for his opinion before i blow all my savings for appliances and furniture on my excess, but basically he reckons new roof and probably bonnet as its all flattened.
Did he say what he thinks he can do the roof for privately? At least with the bonnet you can do that yourself for a minimal cost.

Say its $2000, if your excess is $1500 to get a payout on a figure that isn't enough to buy a comparable car I would strongly investigate a DIY repair.

I was in the same boat as you. Found my car smashed where the front door joins the front guard where someone did a U turn and thought they would make it.

My running around got quotes for between $1200-$1700 'through insurance' which was for a new door, guard, painting and blending of surrounding panels.

Did it private for $500. Mind you, the repair was about a 95% job due to the colour not being an exact match (custom colour), but that was better than going through insurance, paying the $1000 excess and getting a 99% job.

Jason
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #86
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I'd be checking with my insurer if I were you. Not all of them charge an excess for malicious damage, when someone scratched my old EL I had a read of my policy and was surprised to find that if you can show that the damage was in fact malicious then excess wasn't applicable. Pretty easy in your case unless you guys have really odd shopping trolleys up there.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #87
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Just recently buying a car myself, I can imagine how it would feel to have some kids do that to my car. Sorry to hear mate.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #88
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$1500 is a big excess. Does it have driver components, ie under 25 etc? You might find with malicious damage you do not have to pay the 'driver' excesses like you would have if you had an at fault crash. If your base excess is $500 - $700 etc you might find that's all you pay. Just like it was storm damage etc. Best to ring the insurer and find out how much of the excess would apply.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #89
HLC
Audi S3

yeah that's the next port of call. NRMA, basic excess 500, 500 for me being young, and 500 for having an infringment.

ill read the statement and see what it says for malicious damage.

although a customer a work told me last night that someone had driven into a car at the carpark and pointed at my car. funny shaped car that did that!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #90
Chopped
as in chopped

Holy Moly !

I can't get over what they did to your roof. That's farked.