Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #61
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV 30 ?? New model spotted...

Since the clevo ceased production exactly 30 years ago in Nov next year maybe this model FPV30 marks the 30th anni as a tribute to the clevo, BOSS 351 anyone?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #62
apfgxr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Old man (and a Ford employee) mentioned something about a 30th anniversary GT arriving soon.
haven't we already had a 30th anniversary with the el gt?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #63
winman

maybe its some super powerful model with 400rwkw's stock standard and 30 stands for the seconds it takes to attract every cop in a 30km radius
Old 07-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #64
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazza_Brendan
3L Ecoboost FPV Model :p
just to stir the pot some more.
I think that's most likely.
The OP is adament that it had FPV30 on it, and that it looked different to a falcon but full sized nonetheless, I'd say it was a tarted up Taurus.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #65
thedutchman92

V8 twin-turbo?? We can only dream, accounts for big noise in small noise out and the hiss noise.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Old man (and a Ford employee) mentioned something about a 30th anniversary GT arriving soon.
Ford weren't even building GT's 30 years ago, it was dropped in I think '76.

The 30th anniversary GT was an EL in '97 so no go there either.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #67
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I think that's most likely.
The OP is adament that it had FPV30 on it, and that it looked different to a falcon but full sized nonetheless, I'd say it was a tarted up Taurus.
Maybe its the replacement for the F6.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #68
kiwimark

[QUOTE=imgunna]ok Hi to the people following this topic samsy351 has put up , i am the mate that saw this car ,

Hi did the **** end look like the taurus or the falc.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taurus backend.jpg (27.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg falcon backend.jpg (24.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #69
imgunna
Starter Motor

ok went up to ford dealer to look at the current ford , its a current ford , blue car above ^^^ completely different wing which was much lower allmost touching the panels ! where the ford is in the the center above the number plate it had a silver garnish that went from swage line to swage line for number plate resesse with no ford on it ! no badge on left side , where the silver & red badge is on the drivers side it had the FPV30 i described ! lower section of bumper thats in black had dual outlets & was silver ! exhaust tips "plural meaning 2" where same as 1 above but where machine/brushed alloy/silver finish instead of chrome ! windows black like you can not see it or out black ! bright purple with bar code stickers , big black X on the roof on topof the boot , on the doors & really about all i saw ! CAN NOT believe the fuss over this lol
Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #70
thedutchman92

Well the twin exhaust outlet almost surely points to a V-configuration engine so my money is on a V8, maybe a coyote engined car without a blower to replace GS and be the powerplant for the long awaited XR8?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #71
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedutchman92
Well the twin exhaust outlet almost surely points to a V-configuration engine so my money is on a V8, maybe a coyote engined car without a blower to replace GS and be the powerplant for the long awaited XR8?
They wouldn't replace the GS with an N/A car, they need to sell the volumes to pay off the development cost of the miami engine.

No reason they wouldn't ADD an N/A car to the range as an XR8 though.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #72
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... that's what I thought earlier ... but was shot down for that comment for some reason.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #73
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

maybe someone can use the above image and photoshop the changes that imgunna saw.... Then we can get a better idea
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #74
GTP-814
love the quad cams

could be the 300kw XR8 mule?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #75
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
Thats what I was thinking - a detuned 300kW Miami (to help FPV amortise development costs) and give Ford an XR8 powerplant

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #76
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
That's what I was thinking in post #25 on the first page.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #77
AMGC63
Banned

Why would it have a FPV badge then...
Old 08-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #78
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Good question.
To confuse people ... hee hee
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #79
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Maybe this is all bs...
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #80
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Maybe this is all bs...
Ya reakon??!! LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #81
imgunna
Starter Motor

you know what i saw what i saw , to me its another peice of **** ford that will break down like every other 1 i have ever owned , i thought maybe a car gettn a pretty spoiler kit & paint job for a show somewhere is all i ever imagined ! so i thought tell my mates who really love there fords ! dream , speculate what ever you like but that big ronal mc donald grimmace looking monster of a heap is the car i saw , i was interested to know what FPV30 stood for & obviously no1 here knows ...hmmm wish i had sceen Michelle Rodriguez *** from behind then i would have something to get excited over !
Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #82
imgunna
Starter Motor

ok rite infront of my eyes all the time , black gt at the top of this page , that car bright purple with silver outs different looking boot spoiler but thats the car i saw with all the ugly plastic crap addded i was talking about ! no GT on the car i saw ....
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #83
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
Ya reakon??!! LOL
You didn't notice the intended sarcasm?

At the end of the day it is hard to beleive without supporting evidence. I could copy and past the OP onto LS1, change the name and all of a sudden there is a new HSV model. Happy to be proven wrong though.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #84
stang65
FPRJET

Give the guy a break, ye of little faith, time will tell.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #85
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

I think f6 310 tuned or with no exhaust - straight off production line. Must have being pretty close to see the fpv30 badge
Old 08-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #86
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
You didn't notice the intended sarcasm?

At the end of the day it is hard to beleive without supporting evidence. I could copy and past the OP onto LS1, change the name and all of a sudden there is a new HSV model. Happy to be proven wrong though.
Trust me, i was on your side. ;-)
Old 08-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #87
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgunna
you know what i saw what i saw , to me its another peice of **** ford that will break down like every other 1 i have ever owned , i thought maybe a car gettn a pretty spoiler kit & paint job for a show somewhere is all i ever imagined ! so i thought tell my mates who really love there fords ! dream , speculate what ever you like but that big ronal mc donald grimmace looking monster of a heap is the car i saw , i was interested to know what FPV30 stood for & obviously no1 here knows ...hmmm wish i had sceen Michelle Rodriguez *** from behind then i would have something to get excited over !
You sound like a doofus .
Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #88
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
ok went up to ford dealer to look at the current ford , its a current ford , blue car above ^^^ completely different wing which was much lower allmost touching the panels ! where the ford is in the the center above the number plate it had a silver garnish that went from swage line to swage line for number plate resesse with no ford on it ! no badge on left side , where the silver & red badge is on the drivers side it had the FPV30 i described ! lower section of bumper thats in black had dual outlets & was silver ! exhaust tips "plural meaning 2" where same as 1 above but where machine/brushed alloy/silver finish instead of chrome ! windows black like you can not see it or out black ! bright purple with bar code stickers , big black X on the roof on topof the boot , on the doors & really about all i saw ! CAN NOT believe the fuss over this lol
Welcome to AFF.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #89
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
ok rite infront of my eyes all the time , black gt at the top of this page , that car bright purple with silver outs different looking boot spoiler but thats the car i saw with all the ugly plastic crap addded i was talking about ! no GT on the car i saw ....
Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #90
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the chances this is someone's FG F6 30 and decided to trick it out a bit?
Closed Thread