Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #61
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yes but 2 years later when the $150k rocket is available for $35k the aformentioned doof-doof will appear.

R32 Skyline was $100,000 new when a top of the range Ford or Holden was $40k. Ever seen any of them doof-doofing about?

My 19 year old nephew currently drives a VX2 SS he bought for $19k. He had it about 10 minutes before the cat back exhaust went on. Of his previous 3 cars, two were destroyed in accidents and one fortunately was such a price of crap that it didn't go fast enough to crash.

I worry for my sister......
True but the kind of cars im talking about (E55, M3, M5, etc) will not depreciate enough to end up in the hands of the doof doofs and bogans.
Your point is valid though, Late XR8's WRX's and SS's are seriously fast and depreciation makes them dangerously cheap missiles with some cheap mods for the young who are just off their P's...

Old 17-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #62
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

s#!t wat an arguement can anyone see wats gonna happen ppl will be driving around in their ***kw VE executive models and ppl with premium HSV models with 250-297kw secreaming blue murder because of the price diffenence in the 2 (new price) and HSV being a premium sports car? like wen the GENIII was released the 5L holden owners did the same thing does holden get carried away each time a new engine is obtained or is it just me? Another saying ppl should remember "kilowatts sell cars TORQUE makes the move" (F6 Typhoon) anyone? that probably why HSV have out sold FPV/TVE because they have always had the highest power badge on the side (not that any ford model has had 1, TOLD U SSBABY it is an ego problem holden/HSV owners have to have the power output badged on 3 places just so they feel good about themselves. Ithink even though Tickford/FPV has been behind in the power stakes they have had a better drivers car for a little while now
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 05:34 PM   #63
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I don't think it's fair for the government to restrict certain companies from selling performance cars, so the only other way is to introduce a Performance Car tax... stick an extra $40,000 on any car sold in AUstralia that has certain kw/tonne or 0-100 time...Hmmmm No i got a better idea.... an Anti-Bogan Tax... but then that's not really politically correct is it... I disagree with all this, I think let there be bogans, but have cops around to catch them if they are being stupid... Then we still get to claim we live in a free country
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #64
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Come on, I thought this argument was well and truly dead already. Idiots are always going to afford fast cars, who are you to say they shouldn't have them. Arseholes shouldn't date nice women either.

I think it's amusing local car companies are losing out to imports, but when someone wants to match the performance of some of them, `that would be irresponsible'. I think motivational speakers call that `self-sabotage'. Yes, 300kw is a lot of power. Lets start complaining once it gets to at least 400kw though. No actually, make that 500kw. Then Ford should bring out a turbo version of 600kw. If consumers don't want 600kw they won't buy it.
</rant>
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #65
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
i wanna see twisted chassis on VT-> VZ's
Just park it with one front wheel up a gutter, you'll almost fit your finger out the window frame ;)
Old 17-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #66
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize driver skill was based on the salary of the driver... Now I understand, thank you. Gee if we all just get payrises, the world will become a safer place!
Try this on for size.

Salary is by in large proportional to age and maturity, ie. If someone can afford to spend 200k on a car with 300kw plus, they are likely to be a little more mature and not absolutely thrash the death out of their 200k investment. Contrarily, some relatively inexperienced hot head buys a 50k commonwhore with little regard to their investment, and ends up dragging every car at the lights, weaving in and out of traffic, and speeding on every road they can. Who is more inclined to lose it or have an accident?

Quote:
Powered by GE

Last edited by russellw; 20-10-2005 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Breach of site T&C
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #67
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
Just park it with one front wheel up a gutter, you'll almost fit your finger out the window frame ;)
Classic

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 17-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #68
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
I'm not sure that it's an ego problem... but the 'problem' for Holden is that the 6.0L LS2 is already in a mild state of tune... it could easily accept headers and decent exhaust and exceed 330kW.
Mate mild state of tune I've raced a LS2 with full exaust, cai and edit by a well known tuner kicked his *** there not that much chop also his mph was about the same as mine what does that tell ya definatly not 330+kw.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #69
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I agree, the demographic of the consumer can be a GENERAL guide to attitude and behaviour.
Its not perfect but its a guide, as said someone who spends 150K on a car isn't likely to add 3 subs, a blow off valve and do "fully sic" burnouts everywhere while draging every second guy at the lights..
My point exactly, thankyou.

I don't mind people having power in the upper 300kw range, but I'd prefer it to be in the hands of somebody responsible, not a yobbo, bogan or fully sic mossie.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 17-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #70
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
My point exactly, thankyou.

I don't mind people having power in the upper 300kw range, but I'd prefer it to be in the hands of somebody responsible, not a yobbo, bogan or fully sic mossie.
Yes the exec who leases one as part of a fleet or salary sacrifice is going to look after it because generally speaking he or she's in a salary bracket where maturity is a given and also the company will keep an eye on it too.

The big problem is now KW's are becoming too easily accesable, by that i mean banks throw money at kids who have a "must have everything NOW" mentality like its loose change, my 23 year old next door neighbour has a new SS ute with CSV 310kw upgrade and he got it on a novated lease.
The thing is a weapon, fortunatly he's pretty sensible but that said he's already wrecked a rim from loosing it through over exuberance or inexperience.
Yes its possible to kill yourself in a far less powerful car, just like you can kill yourself with a 22 or Machine gun... its just a matter of how much extra damage the machine gun is capable of.
People who cry for more KW's or cars to exceed 300kw need to drive one to know their potential, i love my fast cars but there has to be a point where common sense takes over.
370+ kw BMW, Mercs and Ferarri's 's aren't an issue on our roads because virtually nobody can afford them, and those that can respect them, simple as that.

Old 17-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #71
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
If ignorance is bliss then you my friend must be orgasmic.

Try this on for size.

Salary is by in large proportional to age and maturity, ie. If someone can afford to spend 200k on a car with 300kw plus, they are likely to be a little more mature and not absolutely thrash the death out of their 200k investment. Contrarily, some relatively inexperienced hot head buys a 50k commonwhore with little regard to their investment, and ends up dragging every car at the lights, weaving in and out of traffic, and speeding on every road they can. Who is more inclined to lose it or have an accident?

Next time before you patronise one of my posts, try rubbing your two IQ points together and see if they start a fire.
Ouch! Just use personal attacks, if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited by russellw; 20-10-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 26-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #72
fast66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00VenomXR
Another saying ppl should remember "kilowatts sell cars TORQUE makes the move" (F6 Typhoon) anyone? that probably why HSV have out sold FPV/TVE because they have always had the highest power badge on the side (not that any ford model has had 1, TOLD U SSBABY it is an ego problem holden/HSV owners have to have the power output badged on 3 places just so they feel good about themselves. Ithink even though Tickford/FPV has been behind in the power stakes they have had a better drivers car for a little while now
Ahh, "BOSS 290" on the sides of the bulge?????
fast66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #73
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
but then again, 300kw is what a 6.0 should be punching out.
Yeh, 300kw for an untuned, highly inefficent 6L, sounds about right.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:36 PM   #74
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Is it just me or do Ford do a lot more work to get the power out of the 5.4L mill than Holden with their 6.0L job?? Seems to me like Holden just pull out a screw driver, get under the hood and turn the "more power" screw a couple of notches and viola! a 300Kw SS... I dont think Ford AU play the same game as GMH. Sure, they're (ford au) all about improving the current product..but they do it a bit differently to GMH...Correct me if im wrong (and i dont mind saying that I am often) but it seems like Ford AU are more about building a quality car with power whilst GMH (or as it seems, until recently) have been all about building a car with the most grunt on the market and only now GMH are matching Ford with the complexity of Parts being used in the VE (ie. Control Blade Vs. the new IRS from GM)...just wait for the all new falcon in 07 i say...Ford had their time in the sun (and boy was it good (COTY...3rd in PCOTY) with the BA and as a lot of people are saying..how do you improve on something so good? they probably could of easily funded a serious redevelopment of the Boss engine with the BF but isnt that money better spent on the 07 Falcon?? just give the 6 Speed Auto and new refinements in the BF a chance before we say much more about the official figures from both Ford and Holden and their new toys that havent even been released yet...we're arguing over the hypothetical...some hype from a magazine artical posted by a GMH fan that may have just wanted to see us all squirm :voldar02:
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #75
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Try this on for size.

Tell me, does every `aged and matured' driver earn $200,000 a year? Because contrary to your example, most of the `aged and matured' drivers I know tell me they have less money than when they were young. While a $25k a year first-year apprentice might not earn much, it's much more a disposable income than someone who earns $40k a year with a wife and kids. And come on, you must be a car salesman if you think paying top-dollar is some sort of filter against inexperienced drivers.

Besides, as I said earlier in the thread, if Australia don't make them powerful enough, ricers, enthusiasts (experienced or not), or disposable-income earners will just buy an import that does.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #76
rob_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo

In NSW, P-Platers can't even own a 45kW 600cc 3cyl turbo Smart ForTwo, so they won't be owning any 300kW V8 Commodore's any time soon.
From what Ive heard you can actually. Its one of few cars which have an exemption. Check RTA website to be sure.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #77
XDKruzer

Quote:
In NSW, P-Platers can't even own a 45kW 600cc 3cyl turbo Smart ForTwo, so they won't be owning any 300kW V8 Commodore's any time soon.

Can't speak for the other states though. And besides, how many P-Platers can afford to run a 6.0litre 300kW V8 car? Not many. Certainly none that I know, and most of my friends are P-Platers now. And they all have small 4cyl cars (myself included) because they can't afford better.

tee hee...hands up who lives in nsw?

sydney is nothing but a bunch of hills mate. who would want a petrol sucking commonwhore struggling up rise after rise?

its a of a city to drive around in.

i lived there for 8 months and was involved in 3 car crashes as a PASSENGER!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #78
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
What can you do, people need to realise they need to go forward.

Just because they brought a VXII 300kw GTS back in 2002 !!!! doesnt mean HSV should have to stop at 297 in the current vz series.

These days i think even HSV and FPV need to chase as many people as they can.

Days are gone of the limited run GT and special run cars.

Not too mention that cars are a bad investment unless its something classic.

(unless you do a lease to save you money) etc etc
VT II was the first 300 kw GTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #79
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_o
From what Ive heard you can actually. Its one of few cars which have an exemption. Check RTA website to be sure.
As a NSW P-Plater you may own a car of any engine capacity you desire, at the off chance you can afford it.
What you cannot do is drive listed vehicles on the public roads.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #80
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDKruzer

sydney is nothing but a bunch of hills mate. who would want a petrol sucking commonwhore struggling up rise after rise?

its a of a [deleted] city to drive around in.
Sydney operates strictly to a set road rules and a posted speed limit, I can see how this would be difficult for drivers from other capitals! :hihi: And those lines painted on the road they actually mean something up here too! _2:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #81
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast66
Ahh, "BOSS 290" on the sides of the bulge?????
But it is optional :nutsycuck

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #82
xf_vanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx
Will this not end up like the days of the Phase III were the Phase 4 was banned or what ever due to the high output?

What sort of performance figures will the HSV's be pushing out then? And whats Ford gunna bite back with?

I was thinking the same thing i think its gonna happen all ova again
xf_vanner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #83
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_o
As far as I know, only turbo diesels are exempt from the ban, and even then there are banned ones (I'm pretty sure TDI V8s+ are banned). Anything running petrol with any form of forced induction is illegal. You can buy it if you want to, but all it'll do is sit in your garage while you stare at it.

Although, if you can afford a 986-Series (1997 - 2004) Boxster S or 964-Series (1989 - 1994) Porsche 911 Carrera, those are the fastest things a NSW P-Plater can legally drive. 993, 996 and 997 ('94 - current) 911s are all illegal, and the new 987 Boxsters (05+) are illegal. Oh, if you can afford a Lotus Exige II... you can legally drive that too. Or a $35k 1998 Elise with 88kW that's still faster then a VZ Clubsport...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #84
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDKruzer

its a of a city to drive around in.

i lived there for 8 months and was involved in 3 car crashes as a PASSENGER!
I live in NSW Newcastle to be precise.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #85
rob_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
As far as I know, only turbo diesels are exempt from the ban, and even then there are banned ones (I'm pretty sure TDI V8s+ are banned). Anything running petrol with any form of forced induction is illegal. You can buy it if you want to, but all it'll do is sit in your garage while you stare at it.

Although, if you can afford a 986-Series (1997 - 2004) Boxster S or 964-Series (1989 - 1994) Porsche 911 Carrera, those are the fastest things a NSW P-Plater can legally drive. 993, 996 and 997 ('94 - current) 911s are all illegal, and the new 987 Boxsters (05+) are illegal. Oh, if you can afford a Lotus Exige II... you can legally drive that too. Or a $35k 1998 Elise with 88kW that's still faster then a VZ Clubsport...
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...onditions.html
About halfway down the page is a list of exemptions.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #86
ENVI XR6

Bring on a 300kw xr8 or gt anyday cant back dont to those holdens who cares wat anyone else thinks
ENVI XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #87
ENVI XR6

I say bring on a 300kw xr8 any day or gt wat eva floats ya boat dont wanna back down to those holdens
ENVI XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:54 AM   #88
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say 300kw for the Ford Fiesta
400kw for the Focus, 600 for the Falcon XT, 800kw for the XR6T, 900 for the XR8, 1000 for the GT and 1400 for the GTHO...i spose its gonna happen sooner or later anyway, lets just get it over and done with!
Old 29-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #89
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Whats that? v10 in a falcon.... :
Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #90
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

well i dunno if its been mentioned yet(too lazy to read all the posts lol) but a friend of a friend works for holden and my friend was tellin me that his friend told him confidentially that there is gonna be a special release in either vz2 or ve called either an ssr or slr and its gonna have an ls2 and a rediculous power rating as usual lol, anyone else know anything about it?
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post