Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #61
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

If anybody is SERIOUS about a purchase through this offer, PM me.

My condition... I will not guarantee an outcome for you as it's only 2 purchases and others closer to me obviously have priority.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #62
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes you wonder what price the big fleets (Orix, Statefleet) obtain their vehicles for. I used to hear plenty of rumours about the NSW Police actually making a profit on the sale of their Holden Commodore SS's at auction when the cars were circa 18 months old.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Makes you wonder what price the big fleets (Orix, Statefleet) obtain their vehicles for. I used to hear plenty of rumours about the NSW Police actually making a profit on the sale of their Holden Commodore SS's at auction when the cars were circa 18 months old.
Or atleast breaking even which is just as good.

Interesting idea and bugger it, if it moves old stock then who cares its win win (other than some peoples resale). But then again these cars are hardly investments.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #64
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
Just about every job has its little perks, I think its great that Ford looks after its employee's this wat, its probably one of the reason i meet many people who have worked for Ford their entire working life. It creates loyalty to the brand.
If Ford expected them to pay the full price then whats to stop them buying other makes.

I dont know what planet that your living on, Ford are offering huge incentives to the general public. You can buy a 45k xr6 for 35,888. And its an 2009 built car. Thats 20% of the RRP.

I can tell you from experiance that while a Ford Employee gets a good deal when a car is first released, often down the track the regular retail buyer can almost get the same deal beacause of the bonus's and retail incentives that ford puts on to move stock.

Late last year stock levels were very high and ford offered some super pricing to Ford employee's on 08 plate local built models. It was a very effective way of clearing our stock, therefore not having cars sit around costing the dealers money and making room for Ford to build more cars.
Yes Ford did have on Offer the XR6 at a Good Price however as I found out the Dealers were not Happy as they told me they lose out of these vehicles to the tune of about $3000.00 & so cannot offer a good trade price because if they lose Customers have to lose as well, put in other words but it boiled down to that in the end!

So this offer while great for Cash Buyers is not so good if you have a Trade!

Also it is only 1 Model!

As far as Loyality goes yes treat your staff well & even offer them a few small Bonuses for good work however do not Decide to Clear Stock only to Ford Employees, offer this to all People!

Maybe even offer a bit Less of a Discount to more rather than Huge Discounts to Few!

As I have said you do a Job & you get a wage, if you dont like it get another Job!

It should be ENOUGH to pay a Decent wage FULLSTOP!

The Days of all these Extra's for Employees are well & truly over is just that Many do not realise it YET!

Is Simple the world cannot afford it!
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #65
InTrail

Why would the employee/friends pricing on post Mar 2009 vehicles be less than the earlier build cars??
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #66
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Yes Ford did have on Offer the XR6 at a Good Price however as I found out the Dealers were not Happy as they told me they lose out of these vehicles to the tune of about $3000.00 & so cannot offer a good trade price because if they lose Customers have to lose as well, put in other words but it boiled down to that in the end!

Also it is only 1 Model!

As far as Loyality goes yes treat your staff well & even offer them a few small Bonuses for good work however do not Decide to Clear Stock only to Ford Employees, offer this to all People!

Maybe even offer a bit Less of a Discount to more rather than Huge Discounts to Few!
By the soud of it the dealers you were speaking to were talking out their backsides. At my dealership we are not complaining about the offer on the XR6, we are happy that Ford is taking steps to increase sales on the Falcon.
While the offer leaves very little room for negotiation and paying over the odds on a trade in, it still equates to nearly 10k of the price of a brand new, non runout or 08 plate vehicle. We are seeing lots of people trading in their BA XR6's and we are still paying respectable money for the trade-in vehicles.

While its not advertised, nearly every car in the Ford range except WS Fiesta and SYII Territory has some pretty hefty discounts. All you have to do is open up the paper to see all the adds form Ford dealers.

If you dont like your current job's perks you could always go work for FoMoCo. _2:
Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #67
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Always said I would buy an FG XR6T when they hit $40000 d/a. Better give the AU a polish and put it up for sale :
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #68
jdflogan
Starter Motor

It's not a "woe is me" comment at all Buddy 1.

I think Ford are treating there employees well and maybe you have to get over it a bit. I definitely don't think they are going broke through these deals and if more cars are out there on the road at least the general public can see them. I've just bought myself an XR6 Turbo and I can't stop raving about it to everyone I see. Alot of people I know didn't even recognise the new Falcon and I was glad to show them around and try to win over a few new customers. That is what Ford is aiming for by these incentives and its smart thinking in my opinion. The more out there the more recognition they will get. Holden are always offering massive discounts and deals.
jdflogan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #69
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a great deal, only catch now is to find the car I want in stock!!. Thats the hard bit.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It is interesting to note that almost all the discounted falcons are manual transmission.
When I'm looking for a car I'm trying to find a manual in a stack of autos :

If I had a full time job and knew someone who worked at Ford, I'd be keen for an XR6 Turbo. I could get one still but that's house deposit money :(

Quote:
18835 Y M XR6 Turbo Sedan (6MT) 46,990 35,262
That price is awesome. Don't care about options or colour so long as it has a manual box and a turbo :

Regardless, it's a good idea IMO!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #71
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Also it is only 1 Model!

As I have said you do a Job & you get a wage, if you dont like it get another Job!

It should be ENOUGH to pay a Decent wage FULLSTOP!

The Days of all these Extra's for Employees are well & truly over is just that Many do not realise it YET!

Is Simple the world cannot afford it!
Get over it.............

The days of these opportunities at Ford are NOT over, and Employees and their 'friends' can enjoy this.....if they choose to.

You don't have to participate.

BTW: Your post.... sounds like sour grapes to me :togo:
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #72
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
If anybody is SERIOUS about a purchase through this offer, PM me.

My condition... I will not guarantee an outcome for you as it's only 2 purchases and others closer to me obviously have priority.
I'll put the same offer on the table as JPFS1. Same deal though, my 'actual' friends get priority, but I haven't had many bites yet.

I expect the PMs to start flooding in... time for some of you to put your money where your mouth is
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #73
FordFan1

Default Ford Employee Pricing Vouchers for friends

I also have one available voucher if anyone is interested. Just message me.
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #74
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan1
I also have one available voucher if anyone is interested. Just message me.
Welcome to the Aust Ford Forums Fordfan1

Your generosity is very commendable

A good time for those thinking about a purchase to get on board!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #75
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is not just for Myself I Complain, but for the General Public as whatever way you put it the offers should go to all & not just few who already get paid for doing a Job & should be Loyal anyway & yes the Days of any Company offering huge extras is gone but as I said Many People just do not realise it yet

And yes it is Nice of the few Ford Employeed Forum Members to make the offer they have to Forum members
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #76
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
It is not just for Myself I Complain, but for the General Public as whatever way you put it the offers should go to all & not just few who already get paid for doing a Job.
Yeah it's not Fair…. :

It's not fair that QANTAS and other Airlines Staff get cheap and sometimes free Airfares.

It's not fair that travel agents get cheap and sometimes free trips

It's not fair that politicians get overseas trips and Limo's.

It's not fair that Fleets get car's cheaper

It's not fair that businesses get purchases GST free

It's not fair that some people get to end of financial year & End of year sales on time and don't miss out on great sale prices

It's not fair that VIP's get invited to red carpet events and everyone else doesn't

It's not fair that exec's and others get a fully serviced company car and everyone else doesn't

It's not fair that some people get to the super box at the footy and others need to sit in the outer

It's not fair that many miss out on Footy Finals tickets

It's not fair that staff in retail stores get a discount on their purchases

There are another 100,000……..

It's just NOT fair !!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #77
FordFan1

Default Ford Employee discount

Thanks gcg2503, I've been browsing these forums for ages and thought I should finally join. No use in letting these vouchers go to waste.
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #78
turbotrana

If anyone has a voucher I am interested. I am in Perth so I guess I would have to pay a visit to Vic and drive back over.

Please PM.

I see that the purchase date is 30 June 09 and it also mentions delivery date 30 June. So is this for existing cars or can you put a special order in.
turbotrana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #79
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM me for a voucher, first in best dressed.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #80
quirdan

Must be purchased through Southern Region Ford dealers... PM if anyone needs a car delivered to another part of Australia! :1syellow1 :
quirdan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #81
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Might I remind Ford employees to check the conditions of the offer carefully to ensure they're not doing the wrong thing in offering the vouchers to people who aren't genuine friends. As silly as that sounds, I have no idea how they plan to prove either way, but be careful that you're not risking your job in doing the wrong thing. If in doubt, check with your HR manager.

I'd be highly surprised if this is designed to be a barter system or a favour system where the vouchers go out to all and sundry who beg hard enough for a car.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #82
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

There is no clause stating anything to that effect.

In fact, I'd think they would want all Ford employees to generate as many sales as possible. The whole point of this exercise is to generate sales (but not in an open slather, limiting it to two per employee will keep the volume about right).

I'd also think members of Ford-community based forums would be ideal candidates for the discount, as they are most likely loyal customers and will be vocal in getting the good word out about our cars.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #83
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Might I remind Ford employees to check the conditions of the offer carefully to ensure they're not doing the wrong thing in offering the vouchers to people who aren't genuine friends. As silly as that sounds, I have no idea how they plan to prove either way, but be careful that you're not risking your job in doing the wrong thing. If in doubt, check with your HR manager.

I'd be highly surprised if this is designed to be a barter system or a favour system where the vouchers go out to all and sundry who beg hard enough for a car.
Very good point, I have been told it does not have to be your best mate, they just want you to get out there and spread the good word about ford.......
Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #84
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Yeah it's not Fair…. :

It's not fair that QANTAS and other Airlines Staff get cheap and sometimes free Airfares.

It's not fair that travel agents get cheap and sometimes free trips

It's not fair that politicians get overseas trips and Limo's.

It's not fair that Fleets get car's cheaper

It's not fair that businesses get purchases GST free

It's not fair that some people get to end of financial year & End of year sales on time and don't miss out on great sale prices

It's not fair that VIP's get invited to red carpet events and everyone else doesn't

It's not fair that exec's and others get a fully serviced company car and everyone else doesn't

It's not fair that some people get to the super box at the footy and others need to sit in the outer

It's not fair that many miss out on Footy Finals tickets

It's not fair that staff in retail stores get a discount on their purchases

There are another 100,000……..

It's just NOT fair !!!!
All the Above only goes to Prove your Low Level of Intellect my Friend, however why should you be any Different to 50% or more of People on this Forum!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #85
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
All the Above only goes to Prove your Low Level of Intellect my Friend, however why should you be any Different to 50% or more of People on this Forum!
Good to see you used "spellcheck".

HOWEVER....you forgot the question mark at the end...........

Mmmmmm....I don't believe I'm your friend either. :
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #86
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyHubcap
Always said I would buy an FG XR6T when they hit $40000 d/a. Better give the AU a polish and put it up for sale :
Have been able to buy manuals at that price for a while if u shop around... I sold one with tech / parking sensors / leather / bluetooth for 43,000 not long ago.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #87
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

enough bickering you two, keep it clean & on topic
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #88
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Very good point, I have been told it does not have to be your best mate, they just want you to get out there and spread the good word about ford.......
Yeah just wanted to make sure eveyrone was doing the right thing. No point anyone getting into trouble!

Bring on the sales
Old 13-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #89
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Some people need to read the advice given by the mod/admin team and actually pay attention to it.

Keep childish bickering out of this thread, and keep it on topic, or further action will be taken.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #90
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still have one left. PM me if interested.