Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #61
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I joined these forums not two hours ago, and already its exceedingly obvious you guys are far more obsessed with what Holden are doing, than what Ford are (aren't) doing. One look at the first page of your Pub says it all.

I would be dissapointed if I copped a ban for this post. Level headed comparison discussions such as this should be encouraged and seen as an opportunity to educate ourselves, rather than spew unsubstantiated bias.
shhhhh making some level headed sense like that can get you banned on here it seems.

Without a doubt the VE will be a good car, some people just won't accept that.
Old 21-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #62
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

ltd, you must admit you have a holden chip on your shoulder. You need it edited heehee...smile dude, they are just cars after all.
Old 21-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #63
ltd
Force Fed Fords

minesbeta, go back to the holden forum from whence you came you immature little troglodite. Seeing as your age and IQ are obviously the same, one can only assume that your peurile insults insinuating homosexuality have drained what's left of an obviously diminished mental capacity - Go lie down for a while, you'll feel better.

As for the debt thing, well, I can afford cars because I run a business and am not on welfare.

Quote:
Powered by GE

Last edited by ltd; 21-02-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 21-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #64
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Bub, that chip is well founded, and besides, I'm in the right place to have said chip.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 21-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #65
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

omg here come the trolls, seriously guys they are cars, get over it! just because some people here dont like you belovered holdens doesnt mean the world is over, accept that people have different views and shock horror, some people dont actually like holdens! I know its hard to believe but they do, so get over it. if you want to buy a holden and nothing else just because all your school buddys do thats fine you go do that but doesnt mean everyone here has to listen to your propaganda, "holden are better, fords are ИИИИ bla bla bla" when will you guys learn we dont care, and that we will spend our money on what we like, not what some fool on the internet told us to buy
Old 21-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #66
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
:

It looks like a Mazda. Sad thing is, it will be a good seller. :
I agree the first thing i thought was 'mazda', i don't mind the look of it tho.
Old 21-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #67
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbeta:-)
hey ltd, nice joke, it took me a while but yeh, its good man, umm did u even think about the reason holden bought daewoo, because they have MONEY, from the holden, which is beatin ford in sales, which, ( it stumped me too) makes money, so i was thinking, since u are probhably in debt, or is it the other way around since ur buying a new ford every model

thanks guys,
I hope you are trying to look like a ummmm tool?

Last edited by rodderz; 22-02-2006 at 07:26 AM. Reason: edited quote
Old 21-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #68
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
The picture they had in a recent Wheels or Motor mag looked alot better. It had BMW-esque guards and a similar bootlid to the BMW 7 series. The picture shown by BadMac looks pretty ordinary imo. Must be the angle - it looks way too narrow ergo Mazda.

Having said that, despite not liking the current Commodore (Magda) when it first came out, it has definitely grown on me and is superior imo to the Falcon from the rear in basic trim. The Audi inspired rear of the Falcon looks like something is missing..??

Can't wait for the next generation Falcon design...will they go conservative like the BA-BF or will they be 'out there' like the AU....which incidently is getting rave reviews masked as a Mercedes CLS.

LOL so I'm not the only one that noticed the simularities between the two cars, I wonder if the world will accept that shape now unlike in 1998!
Old 22-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #69
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
omg here come the trolls, seriously guys they are cars, get over it! just because some people here dont like you belovered holdens doesnt mean the world is over
Firstly, I do not agree with the personal attack on ltd in the posts above, that is just plain wrong, although ltd does ask for it.

I have nothing against anyone who doesn't like Holdens, fair enough everyone has their own tastes and preferences. What I am against is the constant Holden bashing which most of the time is ridiculously exaggerated, derogatory, misinformed, unfair and untrue.
I would welcome any constructive critisism of Holden done in a mature and sensible manner, there is no problem with that, but c'mon guys you'd have to admit that some of the dribble posted on here is going way too far.
You have all decided to attack me and call me a Holden troll etc.. but if the content here was a little more mature and open minded you would see that is not the case.
Old 22-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #70
ltd
Force Fed Fords

How do I ask for it?

I simply made a joke to which the Holden police got offended. Quite frankly it is almost a measured response from the Holden boys whenever their beloved cars are mentioned in a negative way. To be even more frank the Holden crowd don't do themselves any favours by insinuating homosexuality - basically carrying on like 13 year olds.
In a nutshell; I made a joke, the over sensitive Holden crowd lacked any humour to see the lighter side and got easily offended.

Although My response to MInesbeta may have been deemed harsh it was that which I know would have him/her going through a dictionary and spending his time trying to understand - this I assume from his inability to string any cohesive sentence together.

Plenty is said on these threads that I don't agree with, yet I don't feel the incessant need to constantly defend my beliefs. In most instances it is easier to laugh along. You may say I am a Holden basher; and there is some truth to that formed from previous experiences with Holden cars, but I am bashing only on a Ford thread rather than going across to Holden forums and waxing idiotic about Holden there.
Other posters and Holden fans like Ryan have a sense of humour about the Holden Ford thing, yet they don't get overly sensitive, and they even laugh at some of the things said here.
So I ask again, how do I ask for it?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 22-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #71
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
Firstly, I do not agree with the personal attack on ltd in the posts above, that is just plain wrong, although ltd does ask for it.

I have nothing against anyone who doesn't like Holdens, fair enough everyone has their own tastes and preferences. What I am against is the constant Holden bashing which most of the time is ridiculously exaggerated, derogatory, misinformed, unfair and untrue.
I would welcome any constructive critisism of Holden done in a mature and sensible manner, there is no problem with that, but c'mon guys you'd have to admit that some of the dribble posted on here is going way too far.
You have all decided to attack me and call me a Holden troll etc.. but if the content here was a little more mature and open minded you would see that is not the case.

Honostly is this the only forum that you post in???
Goto the Just Commodre Forum and you'll get the same crap you get here. You come to expect it when it's a forum that is about Fords.
I started this thread as I wanted to try and show what the competition was going to do.
Old 22-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #72
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Play nice kids. Why don't you argue about something that matters... like wholegrain bread vs white bread.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #73
gtfpv
GT

this thread is about ve commadore . some of us like holdens too. me i like fords . its personal choice. but people talking highschool talk . should concentrate on passing thier next driving lesson in the new toyota prius that thier driving instructor brings them, and appreciate it because the prius is much more upmarket than thier big brothers hand me down skateboard. so this is a ford forum and most people here appreciate all brands. anyone who only likes one brand needs to go back too school and beef up thier own egos in the playground.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #74
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

totally agree . some people butter you up mate , forget it and give us the goss about what you know . its all about discussion some people are far too bias both ways.. dont get caught into the flock and stick to your guns and people will respect what you have to say. cheers.
Old 22-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #75
rodderz

Can we please keep personal attacks out of here

By all means debate and discuss the topic, as a lot of us here are interested in whats going on at both Holden and Ford, but let's not let it degenerate into a slanging match between members

cheers
Rod
Old 22-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #76
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

mmmmmm multigrain ...tastes just like whitebread...but how do they get the grainy bits so soft?
Old 22-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #77
gww64

They soak them in water for 2 days befiore they bake it. We all know what fish do in water though. Don`t we :hihi:
Old 22-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #78
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbeta:-)
hey ltd, nice joke, it took me a while but yeh, its good man, umm did u even think about the reason holden bought daewoo, because they have MONEY, from the holden, which is beatin ford in sales, which, ( it stumped me too) makes money, so i was thinking, since u are probhably in debt, or is it the other way around since ur buying a new ford every model

thanks guys, **EDITED**

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS PLEASE
I think you will find General Motors bought Daewoo (not Holden) and you will also find General Motors is in massive amounts of debt (hence the axing of tens of thousands of jobs in North America - search for a thread in the bar about GM debt) Ford and General Motors are in similiar positions unfortunately. As for the VE, most of it is coming from overseas which is dissappointing. What will the car be like???? I wouldnt have a clue I will wait until I see it.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 22-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #79
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
LOL so I'm not the only one that noticed the simularities between the two cars, I wonder if the world will accept that shape now unlike in 1998!
The sad part is I think the 'world' would have appreciated that shape....unfortunately for Ford, Australia didn't. I still look at my AU XR8's lines and think...this is much better than the BF, droopy butt and all. Of course, the bi-plane spoiler lifts the rear considerably and it is an XR with complete factory Tickford body kit which gives it a stance many XR's don't have.

Admittedly the interior could have been better if not inspired by the global design philosophy they had at the time...nee Focus and Taurus. But it is practical and certainly not a copy of every other car post 1997 (Magnas were the first with that centre dash design in the mid 90's I think..??).

Old 22-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #80
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
The sad part is I think the 'world' would have appreciated that shape....unfortunately for Ford, Australia didn't. I still look at my AU XR8's lines and think...this is much better than the BF, droopy butt and all. Of course, the bi-plane spoiler lifts the rear considerably and it is an XR with complete factory Tickford body kit which gives it a stance many XR's don't have.

Admittedly the interior could have been better if not inspired by the global design philosophy they had at the time...nee Focus and Taurus. But it is practical and certainly not a copy of every other car post 1997 (Magnas were the first with that centre dash design in the mid 90's I think..??).

I can see why the AU suffered but agree the xr's were a great looking car and still are, also agree that they don't look as good without the tickford kit etc. Bit too confronting for some people but I love it.
Old 22-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #81
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I like you mate, you do seem like a nice bloke but mate you have to understand we are on a Ford forum afterall.

I learned from my mistakes from here when I used to ark up when there was negative feedback thrown towards Holden, now everytime I see it I just ignore it and go into another thread or if its a joke (Like the S3X thread) i'll just join in with the fun and have a few laughs.

Yeah there are some guys that do take things a bit far but hey, it happens at every forum aswell.

I just learn to accept that Holden on here is in a real hostile neck of the woods, so I just keep my mouth shut when theres Holden bashing and it has made my time here much happier and enjoyable.

Last edited by Ryan; 22-02-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 22-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #82
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Hey Minesbeta, if you dont want to be attacked personally, dont do it yourself, thats like starting a fight and expecting not to get hurt.
Im not going to comment about the VE's appearence until i see it in the flesh. Other than that, I am and have always been dissappointed about the fact that Holden promote themselves as all Australian when they dont even whole heartedly support Australian Local Business development...just about everything is outsourced and made overseas and its really only ever the shell of the car that has any real true aussie input, thats all that really seems to matter to most of Joe public :(
Old 22-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #83
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I like you mate, you do seem like a nice bloke but mate you have to understand we are on a Ford forum afterall.

I learned from my mistakes from here when I used to ark up when there was negative feedback thrown towards Holden, now everytime I see it I just ignore it and go into another thread or if its a joke (Like the S3X thread) i'll just join in with the fun and have a few laughs.

Yeah there are some guys that do take things a bit far but hey, it happens at every forum aswell.

I just learn to accept that Holden on here is in a real hostile neck of the woods, so I just keep my mouth shut when theres Holden bashing and it has made my time here much happier and enjoyable.

well said, i think 'most' of the 'Holden bashing' is just lighthearted fun.
'most' forumers know the difference between having abit of a joke and crossing the line. its a pity theres still a few who are so one eyed it hurts.
but you get that on every forum, so just let it slide.....
Old 22-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #84
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Seriously though, it will be a dissapointment to see a rival competeter come out looking like a camry.

Holdens design has been ИИИИful since after the VT.. beforehand, they had some very nice cars all round. But when comparing the later models, i would certainly be worried if i was a holden fan. Going downhill quick.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 22-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #85
Franky
Bring back the Phase

wow another thread made up of 90% bashing, seriously those who constantly join the debate should find something better to do with your spare time.:

IMO the current VZ is ugly, a step backwards from the VY and VX which was undoubtly the best design of the current platform, the picture posted by BadMac is an improvement even though it it was probably have about 5% likeliness to the actual VE

You also have to realise that in that pic the car is white and the only commodores that looked good in white was the VT. Think of a lexus in black :sm_drool:
Old 22-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #86
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF
Holdens design has been ИИИИful since after the VT..
Actually, I'd make that VX, that was one sexy piece of kit.

I remember when the series 1 VY was released, and one guy at school converted from a hardcore Holden fan to Ford. He hated the design that much.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens on the VE front. That's what I'm doing.
Old 22-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #87
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Other than that, I am and have always been dissappointed about the fact that Holden promote themselves as all Australian when they dont even whole heartedly support Australian Local Business development...just about everything is outsourced and made overseas and
Out sourcing is fine as long as it's Australian in content. The Falcon's plastics are made outsourced but are made within the Ford complex (there next door to Ford, and Ford still own the building).
Whats sad is when you can get some parts cheaper and of the same quality overseas than in your back yard.
Old 23-02-2006, 02:41 AM   #88
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Out sourcing is fine as long as it's Australian in content. The Falcon's plastics are made outsourced but are made within the Ford complex (there next door to Ford, and Ford still own the building).
Whats sad is when you can get some parts cheaper and of the same quality overseas than in your back yard.
yes i cant wait to fly quantas when that american owned australian company, get those aeroplanes maintained by philipino trade practices standards.

it may be time for me to go to bed now .
excuse me while i give myself an uppercut. :
Old 23-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #89
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
yes i cant wait to fly quantas when that american owned australian company, get those aeroplanes maintained by philipino trade practices standards.

it may be time for me to go to bed now .
excuse me while i give myself an uppercut. :
What do you mean?

Quote: