Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #841
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Time to crash this party.

I'm, err, currently a 'bit' overweight. (106kg, 173cm tall). Long story short, I blame university and living in a college.

So I figure its time to start getting back down to something a bit more sensible while i'm still young (23 at the moment), hopefully losing a fair bit by the time I finish university at the end of the year and have to get a job.

Feeling all motivated tonight after going for my first bike ride in a couple of months. Also pulled out my fitness thingy on xbox 360 kinect.

*Eventual* aim is 75-80kg.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #842
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Welcome SteveJH, goodluck with the weight loss, good to see a new member in this section of the forums.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #843
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Time to crash this party.

Long story short, I blame university and living in a college.
The yanks call that 'Freshman 15' it's usually not a permanent thing once you get back to your regular lifestyle.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #844
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
The yanks call that 'Freshman 15' it's usually not a permanent thing once you get back to your regular lifestyle.
Fresher Spread

5 Years of university has done a number on me. Thankfully this is my (5th) last year hopefully, moved out of college at the start of 2010, havent put any on since then, but havent really lost any either.

Exercise --> Exam time......probably should start exercising again.... Exercise --> Exam time
Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #845
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

What's the plan for weight loss Steve? Any routine in particular or take it day by day?
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #846
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-WORKN
What's the plan for weight loss Steve? Any routine in particular or take it day by day?
For now i'm going to take it day to day since I have exams at the end of the month. Will try at least go for a bike ride most afternoons if I get home from university early enough.

Will get more serious midway through next month after exams are out of the way for a while.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #847
chrisfpv

Good luck and keep us updated..
Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #848
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Fresh meat! Welcome mate!

I've been a bit slack lately...haven't gone to the gym since saturday haha

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #849
chrisfpv

February 8th 2011:
Quote:
I guess i'll throw my name into the weight loss category. Bit of background ofcourse...

I'm 21 atm, started working in a factory doing labouring and working on a process line about a year ago which kept up my daily fitness. I then started driving machines around the warehouse which basically kept me sitting down most of the day.
On top of this, a mate got me hooked on energy drinks and I found myself to be drinking up to 5 a day (mother, V, redbull etc).

I started stacking on the weight hardcore. I made myself a new years resolution to get in shape this year and get extremely fit which i'm on my way to achieving.

Since Jan 1st i've cut out all junkfood. No fast food, fish and chips etc, no soft drink. The only thing I drink is water. No alcohol and I don't smoke. Healthy breakfast, small lunch and a healthy dinner (still live at home so whatever the family is having for dinner is what I eat, but it's not crap. Usually meat and lots of mixed salad in the summer and meat and 3 veg the rest of the time).

I purchased a treadmill about 2 and a half weeks ago and average about 10 - 12kms a day on it. Power walking at a pretty steep incline and I feel great.

The more i'm on it the further I want to push myself, and would like to start running on the treadmill sometime soon as well.

Weight at January 1st was roughly 100kgs and am now sitting at 94kgs.

Just checking in to look back on this thread weekly and report. I welcome all suggestions, criticism and any tips people might have!
March 8th 2011:
Quote:
Thought i'd give a little update. It's been one month since the quoted above.

Started using the home gym, weights and treadmill.
Cut back down on the treadmill to 30mins (3.5kms) a day rather than 2hrs (11kms) as I was getting really run down and was always tired. It wasn't something that I could continually sustain.

Seems to be working well for me. I was at 94kgs on the 8th of Feb and currently weigh 87kgs. Once I started using the gym and dumbells i've really started to feel better, plus i'm getting comments from relatives and co-workers. Which is good to hear.

Hope everyone else's weight loss/gain program is going good.
April 8th 2011:

Another month, another update...

Since the start of March a little has changed in my "routine". I don't do 5 days in a row cardio like previously but am doing 3 days a week on the treadmill at 6km/h. Works out to be a little over 3kms and I have the treadmill inclined as high as it can go (20)

I've been using the home gym about twice a week to get my upper body sorted out and have been throwing in free weight exercises and sit ups everyday.

Still eating healthy ofcourse. Since I started this adventure I have not eaten McDonalds, KFC or any of that junk. The temptation is always there though, but I'm not going to give in to it.
No soft drink, alcohol, smoking (don't anyway) or condiments on anything. Sugar, sauce, salt & pepper are non existent.

Drinking about 3 - 5 litres of water a day and I eat so much fruit there's a good chance the state is going to run out..

No joke, I actually had a dream about apples about 2 weeks ago.

Jumped on the scales this morning, 78kgs. Very happy with that. I'm going to push myself like crazy this month to get down to 70 and then take it easy after that as I'll be at an ideal weight/size I feel comfortable at hopefully.

I feel GREAT about myself these days, and it never gets old having people at work look at me and tell me I've lost weight.

That's about it for now, looking forward to this month as I'm pumped and going to go all out. Update to come in 4 weeks.

Last edited by chrisfpv; 08-04-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #850
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

8 WORKN.. about all i can say is congradulations, sounds like you have fantastic will power and have reaped the rewards, goodluck hitting the 70Kg mark.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #851
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

8-Workin, top effort champ. You have done amazingly well mate. How much better do you feel? How is your energy levels? Do you find you are feeling more focused? How good is that buzz after working out?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #852
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What are you guys doing for your legs??

Been bustin’ my coight doing 75kg bar squats, those machines that work your hamstrings and quads (dunno what they are called), 70kg calf raises….But, not really getting any bigger? Sure the muscles there…Been eating a decent amount as well.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #853
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

For my legs, I have been indoor cycling and have noticed some added muscle on my calves and quads. More so than ever before. Of course to increase muscle mass, you have to up the resistance, but it also burns heaps of fat while you are at it.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #854
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Might have to jump back on the bikes then...

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #855
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Definitely. Doing indoor cycling has made me think of buying a road bike and going on long rides. Now that my fitness is at a point when I know I could keep up, I don't look at bike riding as being too daunting anymore.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 11-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #856
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
8 WORKN.. about all i can say is congradulations, sounds like you have fantastic will power and have reaped the rewards, goodluck hitting the 70Kg mark.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
8-Workin, top effort champ. You have done amazingly well mate. How much better do you feel? How is your energy levels? Do you find you are feeling more focused? How good is that buzz after working out?
I feel pretty good, have alot of energy and am happy with how everything is going atm. The best feeling is after I've done everything I need too for the day I just sit down and relax knowing I don't need to do anything else.

Not there yet but getting closer every week..
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #857
blueoval
Critical Thinker

It's good to see your not giving up after reaching a particular goal. Often my failure in the past is going on diets, working out, and reaching my target, then getting complacent and losing my focus after that, putting back all the weight I vowed never to gain again.
I had to change my outlook and instead of it becoming some kind of fad for a certain period of time, I made it a lifestyle choice/change. Choosing to eat better, choosing to workout weekly, and choosing to become a healthier person not just for me, but for my family.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #858
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just weighed my self for the month and im now 84ish yay, lost round 1-1.5kgs which is good since i've been doing gvt training and i know i've gained muscle but i still managed to loose weight on the scale, i probably wont be weighing myself as much over the next few months as it wont matter as my muscle gain will be increasing.

so since feb 17th 2010 i've lost around 38kgs!

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #859
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

94.4 yesterday if anyone is interested in wieght loss anymore
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #860
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
It's good to see your not giving up after reaching a particular goal. Often my failure in the past is going on diets, working out, and reaching my target, then getting complacent and losing my focus after that, putting back all the weight I vowed never to gain again.
I had to change my outlook and instead of it becoming some kind of fad for a certain period of time, I made it a lifestyle choice/change. Choosing to eat better, choosing to workout weekly, and choosing to become a healthier person not just for me, but for my family.
That's me to a T.... now I eat in moderation for a "moderate" amount of time, still splurge like crazy sometimes but overall the trend is positive.

As you say, the "target" or "fad" way off looking at it is erred, for me it's more like the old saying "it's not about the destination, rather the journey that counts"..... and that's why you need those occasions to let the guard down, while staying mindful of the big picture.

156kg > 114kg since Oct '09

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #861
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600

Daniel
Well done Daniel - me I am dwon from close to 130 in Feb last year to currently 94.4.

**** it is hard work
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #862
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
That's me to a T.... now I eat in moderation for a "moderate" amount of time, still splurge like crazy sometimes but overall the trend is positive.

As you say, the "target" or "fad" way off looking at it is erred, for me it's more like the old saying "it's not about the destination, rather the journey that counts"..... and that's why you need those occasions to let the guard down, while staying mindful of the big picture.

Daniel
Well said Daniel. I often watch the these shows like biggest loser or fat camp fitness shows that target a goal for the most part, then after the competition or show is over, they go back to their old ways while no one is watching and gain everything they have lost.

It is such a bigger picture than that. Of course its harder if you are morbidly obese. Sometimes a goal to get to the toilet on your own is a challenge in itself, and goal of getting to a point when you regain independence is whats needed. But establishing new goals and challenges so you don't plateau is critical. Otherwise it will be far too easy to fall back into old routines and lose motivation.

Was 90kg, now down to 78kg and increased muscle tone.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 29-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #863
Baby_phantom

Talking Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Hey guys im going to start aswell currently 18 turning 19 soon wiegh 127kg DAMM lol all started when i got my car driving around with mates etc eating crap and ye **** happens i was 115kg when 17 lost wieght was 95kg then put it back on and more became 120kg then became 130kg then back to 124kg now im at 127kg lol up and down like crazy TIME TO CHANGE

Current 181cm
weight 127kg

But i certainly dont look my wieght people on average guess 100kg Max
* Front and Rear slotted RDA Rotars*
* Plazmaman cold air intake with 3" intake pipe*

For Show

* Red painted calipers*
* LED white interior Lighting*
* White H4, H7, H3 and T5- Blue key hole light*
* BF front bumper with grill and xr6 badge*
* Removed rear falcon badge*

For Sound

* Sony Headunit*
* Alpine type R 12"*
* Kicker 6" speakers front and back *
* Alpine monoblock*
* Alpine 4 channel *
Baby_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #864
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghanhustla
Hey guys im going to start aswell currently 18 turning 19 soon wiegh 127kg DAMM lol all started when i got my car driving around with mates etc eating crap and ye **** happens i was 115kg when 17 lost wieght was 95kg then put it back on and more became 120kg then became 130kg then back to 124kg now im at 127kg lol up and down like crazy TIME TO CHANGE

Current 181cm
weight 127kg

But i certainly dont look my wieght people on average guess 100kg Max
Welcome

Driving around and eating crap? Yeah that was me too mate. So hard to resist when you can drive anywhere and eat anything isn't it.

So what's the plan of attack here? Give us the run down on what you'll be doing differently, routine if you have one and target goal?

I'll have another update on my weight on the 8th of next month (next Sunday) which will make 4 months of updating this thread with results. It keeps me on track.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #865
Baby_phantom

Smile Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfpv
Welcome

So what's the plan of attack here mate? Give us the run down on what you'll be doing differently, routine if you have one and target goal?

I'll have another update on my weight on the 8th of next month (next Sunday) which will make 4 months of updating this thread with results. It keeps me on track.
Well i guess im going to walk to tafe and back lol 1 hour each way and go gym at the same time my eating hmm stick to more protein foods 6 litres water a day and hit the gym and STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOODS and lets see what happens the last time i was skinny was back in year 6 lol docter said im on the edge of becoming diabetic battled with weight all ma life well most of it has surgery back in 2010 for Polindal sinus lol pretty darn big that helped me getting fat the parents bringing me macces kfc etc 2-3 times a day as i requested pretty foolish of me anyways getting back to the point i am really determind to make a change after i seen this thread and i will know i aint alone on this with my AFF members doing it aswell hopefully ill get der

For Show

* Red painted calipers*

For Sound

* Sony Headunit*
* Alpine type R 12"*
* Alpine monoblock*
* Alpine 4 channel *
Old 29-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #866
chrisfpv

Good luck and keep us updated ay.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #867
Baby_phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfpv
Good luck and keep us updated ay.
sure thing mate im going to start this monday

For Show

* Red painted calipers*

For Sound

* Sony Headunit*
* Alpine type R 12"*
* Alpine monoblock*
* Alpine 4 channel *
Old 29-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #868
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Alright, I'm going to crash this little party as well...much to my disdain...

I'm 159cm, 65kg (at the moment, it fluctuates regularly), trying to get down to about 58...having a big struggle with the last few kilos.

My goal is to start eating breakfast, but I can imagine when the smokes go in the morning...breakfast will be the least of my worries.

I'm not sure that i'll get as low as 58, being a former swimmer (ie a little top heavy with no fat below the hips, athletic)...but I'm keen to give it a crack. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

I have a slight problem in that I can't run to keep fit (nasty car accident and ten years of netball has stuffed my knee).

So I'm a loss as to how I'm going to trim down - I have an air walker, but all that seems to do is add more muscle mass (which is not what I really want).

Have been reading up things I can do, but I'm struggling a little.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears - I just want my bikini back for summer!

edit: oh and I have to stop eating pasta, and that's where the tears really start - wogs like pasta...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #869
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Eat right and do weights...

Can keep eating the things you like (i.e. pasta) just don't eat as much of it. Just eat right in general.

If you can't run cos of your knee, jump on the bike for your cardio. Assuming you go to the gym?

Just workout on a regular basis and even if you don't get down to the goal of 58kg, you'll look better because you'll be toned up.

I'm no expert on these things though haha.

Side note, how’s everyone else doing?

I’m still lifting like a mad dog…Can’t even wear some of my old shirts now…simply too tight haha. Especially around my lats and chest.

I mentioned before about my legs not really going anywhere, well been focussing on them a bit and they are getting bigger weekly…Love it! Squatting 70kg now…considering I weigh 58-59kg now I think that’s pretty sweet haha.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #870
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Ive been doing o-kay but got crook with another chest infection a week or so back and only went back to the gym last Tuesday after a 2 week break. Was going to go tonight but have a crook gut from drinking bad milk. Not out of date, just bad.

So far, weight has stablized. I still want to concentrate on midsection more now. Am going to continue with indoor cycling classes as I love them and its the best fat burning regime for me.

My goal isnt to get big, but to tone up and lose the flab. More upper body exercises for me are a must. My legs are fully fit now from the cycling. I just need to focus some of the enthusiasm toward the upper body now.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont