Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #751
maylandsman
Banned

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Sorry I might not have been very clear in my last post regarding build numbers. The 282 units that I mentioned was for XR8 numbers only (manual and auto), not the entire first allocation/production for the Falcon range in general.

Cheers,

Garry.
and these were numbers the dp mentioned to me today.
and I cannot remember them all but he seems to think the numbers on offer in march will be the final lot at around 211 or 221 which he reckons will come out 2016.
this is what I was told today. maybe my months are mixed up
'Going forward the allocation of XR8's will be remain on a rolling 6 month sales history.'
This may explain why dealers can't just put in orders for two and three and why rural dealers will get last dibs.
so you can try and get an order in but ford dictate where it goes according to sales history - correct? then by the time you find a dealer with an allocation they are all gone.

And thinking aloud - If they are only making 1200, how many allocations can there be? 282, let's call it 300 is just 4 allocations. December, January, February and March.

It is interesting that ford will not come out with a definitive explanation.

Thanks XBv8.
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #752
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylandsman View Post
Yes mate it is locked in.
In all likelihood get it march 1st/2nd after tinting and interior protection applied.
e-mail from dealer;
'it is due the 28th of feburary'...'it has already been built, it has a stock number and is on its way'

My dealer rang and checked because I asked him to. Dealers do know and can find out. Ring 133673 for customer service...they'll ring the dp whilst you are on the line. see what they can tell you if you are getting no joy from your dealer. They did for me today with my dispute - very helpful.
After that the dp was very forthright in telling me what I have written down previously. And if he is right that he has to tell two customers they cannot get one even though they put in an order...things are crook.
They do know what is going on and if they don't I'm sure a phone call under the guise of customer service is warranted. so get the answers you deserve.

Thanks XBv8 but I have a feeling it is becoming more muddled than what you originally read...particularly seeing they underestimated demand.

Sorry to hear your having such trouble with your order Maylandsman.

I put my deposit down in May last year, I definitely did not want to miss out. When the dealer group in Canberra found out that they were getting 6 XR8's in their first allocation mine was first cab of the rank. It was delivered to me on the 20th of November. The other 5 however were being spaced across the entire first allocation time frame, mostly biased to the end if it.
I was told (at the end of December) that they have deposits for another 9 after that. But as I said in my post and others have said also, nobody knows what their next, or any of the subsequent, allocations will be. So they might not be able to fulfil these extra orders.

And that is a massive shame for those who have deposits down in the hopes that they will get cars in these later allocations.

Cheers,

Garry.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #753
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
and these were numbers the dp mentioned to me today.
and I cannot remember them all but he seems to think the numbers on offer in march will be the final lot at around 211 or 221 which he reckons will come out 2016.
this is what I was told today. maybe my months are mixed up
'Going forward the allocation of XR8's will be remain on a rolling 6 month sales history.'
This may explain why dealers can't just put in orders for two and three and why rural dealers will get last dibs.
so you can try and get an order in but ford dictate where it goes according to sales history - correct? then by the time you find a dealer with an allocation they are all gone.

And thinking aloud - If they are only making 1200, how many allocations can there be? 282, let's call it 300 is just 4 allocations. December, January, February and March.

It is interesting that ford will not come out with a definitive explanation.

Thanks XBv8.
Hi Maylandsman.

Correct. Unfortunately.

Garry.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #754
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to hear your having such trouble with your order Maylandsman.

I put my deposit down in May last year, I definitely did not want to miss out. When the dealer group in Canberra found out that they were getting 6 XR8's in their first allocation mine was first cab of the rank. It was delivered to me on the 20th of November. The other 5 however were being spaced across the entire first allocation time frame, mostly biased to the end if it.
I was told (at the end of December) that they have deposits for another 9 after that. But as I said in my post and others have said also, nobody knows what their next, or any of the subsequent, allocations will be. So they might not be able to fulfil these extra orders.

And that is a massive shame for those who have deposits down in the hopes that they will get cars in these later allocations.

Cheers,

Garry.
You make sense and add clarity to what I have been told. Even to my thinking because I believe the dp was very upfront today.

In the end Garry it is not to bad because I am at least getting one so I am happy with that. If I happen to snag the silhouette manual from SA I will be stoked. If not I will be stoked.

Cheers
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #755
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Hi Maylandsman.

Correct. Unfortunately.

Garry.
wow. some might want to check they have a car at all, ford might not give your dealer one.
Old 13-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #756
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
wow. some might want to check they have a car at all, ford might not give your dealer one.
No Ford dealer should be taking deposits unless they can 200% guarantee they will have a car.

My dealer would not take a deposit from me until he knew 200% there was a car allocation available. So he checked with 3 different people to make sure they had one, and they did, so deposit was put down

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #757
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this model limited by availability of engines/transmissions, or not? Surely if it is, they know exactly how much can be allocated, and surely if its not, they can at least project how many will be built? This is looking decidedly amateur hour.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #758
FPV-800

This is getting very frustrating for us who have ordered xr8s, I ordered mine in the middle of October from my dealer which has 5 orders last time I checked, mine was the fourth and they said they are still waiting for there allocation dates from Ford. I hope us Ford Fanatics in the country don't get screwed over and miss out on the last Aussie Falcon V8
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #759
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
XR8's first allocation (and all other Falcon variants) was made in September with build dates between October 14 and March 15. During that time 282 units will be/were made/released. These are company orders/allocations (to ensure all dealers received stock) with dealerships only able to amend transmission and paint once they found out their allocation from FoA........

Going forward the allocation of XR8's will be remain on a rolling 6 month sales history. All other Falcon variants will revert to "order to delivery".
That is correct. While technically dealers could amend allocation for transmission, options and paint the only variations realistically possible were options and paint with notification needed in October confirming acceptance of the company order (or loss of the allocation) and confirming paint colour at that time also.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 03:45 AM   #760
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a interesting story for you all. I was at a city ford dealer in Adelaide on Saturday and they had a new XR8 I was admiring as I just sold my FG F6 and was feeling a little down so I needed a fix...... Anyway struck up a conversation with the sales man about the new product and for waned him I already had one on order etc from another dealer which didn't bother him as there allocation was currently sold out anyway this is where it gets interesting as this is the ONlY source I have heard this claim from. He stated that ford are now going to build 3000 XR8's. If this is the case and it's true I think there will be plenty around. But I'm uncertain if I want to believe him?

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #761
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
I have a interesting story for you all. I was at a city ford dealer in Adelaide on Saturday and they had a new XR8 I was admiring as I just sold my FG F6 and was feeling a little down so I needed a fix...... Anyway struck up a conversation with the sales man about the new product and for waned him I already had one on order etc from another dealer which didn't bother him as there allocation was currently sold out anyway this is where it gets interesting as this is the ONlY source I have heard this claim from. He stated that ford are now going to build 3000 XR8's. If this is the case and it's true I think there will be plenty around. But I'm uncertain if I want to believe him?

Cheers Ryan
and here lies the problem...ford need to come out with something definitive for customers. we are relying on he said she said.
yesterday I was told there is definitely only 1200 being made.
read previously if they did increase production it would only be 20-30%. wonder where he got 3k from.
Old 14-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #762
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
and here lies the problem...ford need to come out with something definitive for customers. we are relying on he said she said.
yesterday I was told there is definitely only 1200 being made.
read previously if they did increase production it would only be 20-30%. wonder where he got 3k from.
Probably out of thin air. When initial allocations are XR8 heavy with only 282 cars in 1st 5 months allocation, time to hand build engines, likely tightly planned supply of parts and limited production time and shifts in a closing plant this is the 1st time such a high number had been floated.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #763
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
Anyway struck up a conversation with the sales man about the new product and for waned him I already had one on order etc from another dealer which didn't bother him as there allocation was currently sold out anyway this is where it gets interesting as this is the ONlY source I have heard this claim from. He stated that ford are now going to build 3000 XR8's. If this is the case and it's true I think there will be plenty around. But I'm uncertain if I want to believe him?
From 1.2k to 3k sounds extremely unlikely ... maybe a 10% - 20% uplift at best???

Isn't the time it takes to hand assemble the V8 engines be the key determining factor in production volumes? As manual processes requiring a lot of training and preparation are not easy to ramp up - unlike automated process.
Old 14-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #764
V8 6I

I spoke to a salesman last week re XR8 he said that from now on you can order a car and even leave a deposit but you might still miss out on a car. He also said that the only people who will get one are the ones who ordered a car last year.So now might even be too late to get one.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #765
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's an idea.

If there will only be 1200 XR8s, how about they supply those 1200 to the first 1200 people that place a deposit and firm order, irrespective of which dealer they placed that order?

Then if you were the 1201st person to put down a deposit, you will be the first person on standby if one of the preceding 1200 orders falls through for whatever reason. If 2 orders fall through then happy days for the person that put down the 1202nd deposit.

If for some strange reason they end up with more cars than orders, isn't that when you worry about how you split the surplus amount of vehicles?

Just an idea, but crazy enough to work.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #766
FPV-800

Yes I agree, they should be giving the 1200 XR8s to the first 1200 people who have put down a deposit and they should be able to give the buyers a built date , I don't mine waiting for my car, but it would be great to know that I am getting allocated one, I ordered in October . They shouldn't give all the big city dealers priority just because they have a better sales record
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #767
FGX008

Interesting discussion. Not sure if anyone from FOA is able to confirm whether or not if any additional car numbers will be set aside for our kiwi friends across the ditch like the GT F.

If not the Ford fans from this part of the world will also be ordering and buying cars from the total 1,200 car build allocation for the FGX XR8. This will just complicate thing even further especially if large numbers of the Kiwi fans also want to buy their own piece of Aussie made Ford car history.

Cheers, Brent
Old 15-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #768
Vanish335

The numbers for this xr8 rumour at 1200 units may be correct . Hand built ex Fpv old stock parts How many fast parts to get out to shut the door do the Ford Australia plant have. May be a sindrome such as the Run out parts from the all mighty xy to xa RPO-83 . I feel if you are in the hunt to own a FGX xr8 & have not ordered one visit a dealer that has one. LAST FALCON V8 in Australia.
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #769
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish335 View Post
The numbers for this xr8 rumour at 1200 units may be correct . Hand built ex Fpv old stock parts How many fast parts to get out to shut the door do the Ford Australia plant have. May be a sindrome such as the Run out parts from the all mighty xy to xa RPO-83 . I feel if you are in the hunt to own a FGX xr8 & have not ordered one visit a dealer that has one. LAST FALCON V8 in Australia.
Had an excellent yarn with a dealer in SA today. He more or less confirmed that what my dp had told me was spot on.
Yes only 1200 and ford will not tool up for another run.
He said they are all gone - more than 1200 have been ordered. He has 8 on order and each customer knows they are a very rough chance to get one.
He also confirmed the final build will be 2016 delivery.
Seems to me no point in ordering one and the only way is getting one of the salesroom floor now.

Side note: spoke to Stillwell SA as well and was guaranteed one with 1k deposit - last one he says with delivery in 5 - 6 months time.

However I have been warned to be very sceptical of guarantees...by numerous dealers I have been ringing as they are gone.
Old 15-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #770
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
Had an excellent yarn with a dealer in SA today. He more or less confirmed that what my dp had told me was spot on.
He said they are all gone - more than 1200 have been ordered. He has 8 on order and each customer knows they are a very rough chance to get one.
Seems to me no point in ordering one and the only way is getting one of the salesroom floor now.

Side note: spoke to Stillwell SA as well and was guaranteed one with 1k deposit - last one he says with delivery in 5 - 6 months time.

However I have been warned to be very sceptical of guarantees...by numerous dealers I have been ringing as they are gone.
Haha, my deposit there for a guaranteed delivery was only $500

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #771
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm pretty sceptical that all 1200 would have paid deposits on them at this stage............it wouldn't be a 1/3 paid deposits, 2/3 ordered by dealer as floor stock/highest bidder gets the car scenario would it?

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #772
maylandsman
Banned

Not sure about paid deposits Mick but ordered, yes for sure. And yes highest bidder will now get the chocolates.

Just got of the phone to the general manager at the dealership where I got mine. He says dealers will hold onto deposits until 2016 and then say sorry can't get you one.
I am like a hound dog getting information and I am fairly certain they are gone.
The GM just told me this. He may be on this forum this fella and the story goes like this.
He ordered his silhouette manual from the same dealer in Oct 2014. I ordered my smoke auto on dec 4. The fella has rang the dealer and is prepared to swap with me - he'll take the auto I take the manual. Sounds great.
However...the fella wants to swap as he does not know when or if he will even get his manual. That's right I ordered mine after him and get it first guaranteed, it is mine feb 28. He orders first and has no idea whether he will get one allocated - he may, just may, get one in 2016. How the hell does that work...gm said something about their first one was an auto so they ordered a manual from allocation for him.
I'm ringing Ford tomorrow and going to try and find out if they will be sending the manual to this fella. Surely they can find out and if they are he can have the auto of mine and I will wait for the manual. Just not until next year.
I feel for people who have ordered and now have an anxious wait.
Old 15-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #773
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335POWER View Post
Haha, my deposit there for a guaranteed delivery was only $500
was yours his 'last one'. ready in 4-5 months time.
the bloke at the other sa ford dealership laughed and scoffed when I told him about the guarantee. one day 500 neck minute 1000.
Old 15-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #774
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They arnt ex stock, they are currently still built to the tune of about 3 a day.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #775
Vanish335

Built Dailey until the stock runs dry .ex fpv GT running gear stock is the issue
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #776
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Built Dailey until the stock runs dry .ex fpv GT running gear stock is the issue
Your post makes it sound like Ford have 1200 sets of ex FPV parts lying around ready to throw into cars, which I don't think is the case.

Cheers Mick
Old 15-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #777
Redm

G'day fella's, time for my first post.

Quote:
The GM just told me this. He may be on this forum this fella and the story goes like this.
He ordered his silhouette manual from the same dealer in Oct 2014. I ordered my smoke auto on dec 4. The fella has rang the dealer and is prepared to swap with me - he'll take the auto I take the manual. Sounds great.
However...the fella wants to swap as he does not know when or if he will even get his manual. That's right I ordered mine after him and get it first guaranteed, it is mine feb 28. He orders first and has no idea whether he will get one allocated - he may, just may, get one in 2016. How the hell does that work...gm said something about their first one was an auto so they ordered a manual from allocation for him.
I'm ringing Ford tomorrow and going to try and find out if they will be sending the manual to this fella. Surely they can find out and if they are he can have the auto of mine and I will wait for the manual. Just not until next year.
I feel for people who have ordered and now have an anxious wait.
I'm "that" fella and said to the dealer today that I would consider an auto if there were no manuals available at all.

maylandsman if my manual comes through I won't be swapping, I can wait.

All I want to know from Ford is if I have an allocation, sadly Ford seem to be playing games with us.

Mick
Redm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #778
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

I'm not enjoying reading this stuff, If mine ends up not happening, I will be livid, this is my last chance at getting my dream car.

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #779
ParisManfred
1971 XY 351

Agree with mtbkym01, how many people have contracts with their dealers and how many just have a deposit down ?

I have a written 1 page contract signed by myself, a witness and the salesman.
He has assured me I have an XR8 due in March or April, deposit was paid in September 2014.
2016 Territory Titanium AWD Smoke Diesel
2005 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary Fat Boy

Car History:
XY Ute, XY Ford Falcon 351, ZG Fairlane, ZH Marquis, XB GT Sedan, XC Panel Van, XD Panel Van, XE Ute, EA Sedan, BA XR8, BF XR6 Turbo Ute, FG X XR8.
ParisManfred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #780
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisManfred View Post
Agree with mtbkym01, how many people have contracts with their dealers and how many just have a deposit down ?

I have a written 1 page contract signed by myself, a witness and the salesman.
He has assured me I have an XR8 due in March or April, deposit was paid in September 2014.

I would say everyone that has placed a deposit would have done the contract paperwork...............I don't believe for a moment though that 1200 deposits have been placed on these cars........something tells me we are not getting the whole story and to sit back, wait and see how Ford play their poker face........... remember the "Old bull, young bull story"?

Cheers Mick