Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #721
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Red face Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
Wot he said - mine 's poo so far :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
I'm sick of 2014 already!
Why so guys? I've got a massive hangover - but that's nothing out of the ordinary for me.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #722
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I hate that next christmas lunch has already been arranged by the outlaws at our place yet again.

I was planning a little "me & er" time by the sea somewhere, don't know where, but somewhere, one of the islands up around banana bender country looks nice.......not to be now.

c'mon folk's, 2014 is just a pup! full of life and all it's intricate possibilities'.........

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #723
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I hate that next christmas lunch has already been arranged by the outlaws at our place yet again.

I was planning a little "me & er" time by the sea somewhere, don't know where, but somewhere, one of the islands up around banana bender country looks nice.......not to be now.

c'mon folk's, 2014 is just a pup! full of life and all it's intricate possibilities'.........
So cancel their plans and do as you please. They will have time to sort it out ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #724
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
you dont need to stop at a ******* roundabout when someone else has already entered it you just need to open your ******* eyes, get a ******* clue and look at their indicator you deadset ******* peanut!!!!

infuriating personified!!
This x1000, honestly how hard is it to read traffic before you get to the roundabout!?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #725
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Time to chime in....

People who just don't use their sense...

Have a work morning tea / lunch and the organiser turns up at 10am with the drinks that have been just taken off the shelf from the local supermarket. Where do they put them? in the fridge. Great, drinks at 3 degrees below room temp in summer. The answer as to why she didn't put them in the freezer? "Because they will explode".. yes, a 3 litre bottle of juice and 2 litre bottle of coke will turn to solid ice and destroy the freezer in 90 minutes.

A rubber O ring has packed it in in the bathroom so when you turn on the cold water it leaks down the shaft and into the cabinet. Put an upside down cup on it, and warn some guests that they are to use the hot water tap when washing their hands.

Go in after someone to find the cup removed and the cabinet with water all over the place. Ask the person why they didn't use the hot water tap to wash their hands as requested "Well, it's hot water, so I didn't want to burn my hands".. yes, because the instant you turn that tap it's steaming hot water that comes out.... I guess I should have removed the tap.

Happy new year everyone

3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #726
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
you dont need to stop at a ******* roundabout when someone else has already entered it you just need to open your ******* eyes, get a ******* clue and look at their indicator you deadset ******* peanut!!!!

infuriating personified!!
I have used that same script several times myself.... yelled at the top of my voice when some muppet slams on the brakes and stops in front of me because there is a car 50m away to their right approaching the still empty round about.....

2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #727
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
So cancel their plans and do as you please. They will have time to sort it out ;)
Not easy, I'm outnumbered, outgunned and they fight dirty........they have kids who sit on my lap and plead.

Then of course "SHE" "can't be bothered to go all that way just for xmas" even though I am dreaming at this stage as to destinations.

How's that song go "I'm dreaming of a quiet christmas!" or something like that anyway.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #728
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Not easy, I'm outnumbered, outgunned and they fight dirty........they have kids who sit on my lap and plead.

Then of course "SHE" "can't be bothered to go all that way just for xmas" even though I am dreaming at this stage as to destinations.

How's that song go "I'm dreaming of a quiet christmas!" or something like that anyway.
Hmmm bugger.... Would suggest burning your house down the week before but that is a little extreme. Perhaps convert to Coptic Orthodox?? They have their Christmas on the 7th of Jan

They will like it because your gifts can be purchased on the Boxing day sales and you get to celebrate Christmas twice.....

4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #729
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Why so guys? I've got a massive hangover - but that's nothing out of the ordinary for me.

my chronic disease is starting to act up, my bike's not running, caught the Holden Driver lying to me again, spent midnight alone without so much as a text from said Holden Driver......

all in less than 24 hours!

I hate that, and can really do without it just now

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #730
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:

You did get that pizza oven fitted Poppa? You're installing a new kitchen for the bride?

I'm roughly 36hrs away from yours. Count me in with the outlaws!

Cheers!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #731
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, mate wood fired, pizza oven duly constructed and installed along with necessary paving and concrete works, new outdoor kitchen duly finished and up to speed and put to use over chrissy/new years, new kitchen underway (bloody mason's mitre's).

Now "SHE" is talking about an extension for a larger bedroom with another ensuite and a huge sewing room (embroidery) constructed by my overworked self of course in my "spare" time..........I think my life insurance policy has been discovered and plans are afoot to work me into an early claim.

I foresee many stern words yet to be uttered in 2014.......Trouble is I will be the recipient, not the instigator.

4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #732
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
This x1000, honestly how hard is it to read traffic before you get to the roundabout!?
i mean ffs how hard is it
it literally drives me nutz
the misses always laughs at me as im cursing at the person in front calling them an ffing peanut lol
its something so stupid to get upset about but for some reason it infuriates me
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #733
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree Mercury, my biggest pet hate on the road. Roundabouts are not Stop Signs. I've seen people drive up to an empty roundabout. Stop and then look, hesitate and then go - and not just the old(er) folk.
Even worse is there are a couple of roundabouts in my town which are basically T junctions, dual carriage way, with the left hand lane sign posted as being a slip lane.
Stop, look, hesitate, stop, put the handbrake on. Creep forward, close eyes and off they go.
I reckon roundabouts are great inventions, but they are my only source of micro road rage
'don't stop - don't stop - don't stop - Arrgh, why did you stop'.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #734
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry but all this roundabout rage is rather amusing. As a retired Paramedic of 15 years and a Driving Instructor of 8 years it really is not that difficult.

There is an area here in Darwin called Palmerston. When I was last teaching it had 20+ different roundabouts in it. On lesson X when they were comfortable with light to medium traffic I would take them out there and we would go through every single one of them, (L / R / Straight and U Turn). When we got to the end the relief on their face was immense. That was till I told them to go back the way they came. Come time for the MVR test and MY students had a 97% pass rate and all but two students passed on the second attempt in 8 years.

I will end this with a "geez". The reason I became a Driving Instructor was when I was a Licence Tester at the MVR I failed scores of students. Example - can you explain to me why you didn't stop at the stop sign. Response - my instructor told me I don't need to if there are no cars coming. "I hate that"

I just thought I could do a better job.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #735
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's the point Vincenzo, roundabouts are not difficult to navigate if you approach them properly, with due caution. Not with confusion, fear, lack of knowledge and distraction.
It just seems to me that over 50% of drivers have no clue, plan or anticipation when they approach a roundabout.
For example, my old Dad questioned my use of indicators when leaving or circling a roundabout. His line is, I know where I'm turning off I reminded him that people cannot read his mind, and indicators are there to tell other drivers what you are going to do, not what you are doing or have done.
Happy New Year
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #736
DreadlyST

Thumbs down Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
my old Dad questioned my use of indicators when leaving or circling a roundabout.
Another key problem to the whole roundabout, many people don't bother to indicate, and many try to indicate but don't do it correctly, or use wrong lanes!
The mini ones are by far the worst, as many don't bother to slow down enough for them and expect to be granted right of way despite the fact that they were 4 car lengths from the roundabout when I entered!
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #737
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

'Clean freaks'.... can't stand em. So much so that I got to the stage of saying 'clean freaks need not apply' or words to that effect when I advertised for house mates...

3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #738
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I reckon this indicating in a roundabout when heading straight is a NSW thing?
We never indicate unless turning in Vic. And I was never taught to.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #739
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to Australian Road Rules it doesn't matter if your turning left, right, going straight ahead or doing a U Turn you must indicate left when departing the roundabout. Not sure of your age but at 55 and getting my licence at 16 that is what i was taught in 1975. It is also what i taught to all my students.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #740
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I reckon this indicating in a roundabout when heading straight is a NSW thing?
We never indicate unless turning in Vic. And I was never taught to.
No wonder we have trouble with Mexicans when they leave the state

From the Vic Roads site........ http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...oundabouts.htm

Turning left
If there are multiple lanes you must approach in the left lane and stay in that lane. You must indicate a left turn on your approach to the roundabout and keep the indicator on until you have left the roundabout.

Turning right
If there are multiple lanes you must approach the roundabout in the right lane and stay in that lane. You must indicate a right turn on your approach, and indicate left, if practicable, just before the exit you are turning into, keeping the indicator on until you have left the roundabout.

Going straight ahead
If there are multiple lanes, approach the roundabout in the left or right lane. Drive in the same lane through the roundabout. Do not signal on your approach to the roundabout, but if practicable, signal left as you exit
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #741
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody termite's.......ate my reveal and half a dozen studs and various noggin's.

2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #742
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

ohh o
thats not good poppa
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #743
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ohh o
thats not good poppa
Mongrels ate the bottom plate as well, so whole wall is now down, acro props in place, old kitchen completely out, two window's, and reconstruction underway......just a little bit more construction than I bargained for.

That's the trouble with "do it yourself" sometime's it "does it back!".

Old damage with no sign of life, but oh boy the little beggars ate a fair bit of my house while they were here.

I'd sue the bugger that did the treatment, only problem with that is that it was me who did it.

oughta hear the old girl giving me some lip!............"told you to get the professional's in".......thing is even with me treating the whole house and total repair of damage it is still cheaper than the $2,500 they wanted just for a perimeter treatment........just a pain in the proverbial that I didn't need just now.

2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #744
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Sorry to hear bud. Nothing worse than having your wood bitten.

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #745
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

I've got the bastards in my shed Poppa. Separate from the house, but dunno whether to knock it down and put up a steel one or go with repairs on the one wall they've munched into. It's a 20 x 20 foot fibro and hardwood framed shed that is chock full of "useful" stuff.

Either way it's gonna cost me a ******** of coin and time to get it sorted.

I feel your pain brother.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #746
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I had to pull down half an extension to fix termite damage. I also know first hand the pain of what these buggas do.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #747
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Mate, why not! The first week of 2014 was a bad as the last week of 2013!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #748
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

1. Driving over the same rough as guts piece of **** road that hasn't been fixed in over 4 years. Yet a road 50m away has had a full reseal spanning 2km.

2. The cheap and nasty road surface of the Calder fwy from around Gisborne Vic through to Harcourt! May as well make it a cobblestone road.

3. I could go on for hours with this one, especially with my line of work. Poor engineering choices. For example, to remove X, you must first disassemble the entire vehicle.

These a few that spring to mind, even though they may already be on here.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #749
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody imported overseas free standing stoves.......850mm high what the hell is going on there, all my carcases are the standard 900 high.

puts the top of the stove almost 30mm below the bench top, no good.

madam simply had to have the most expensive stove known to mankind.

now I gotta empty all the cabinets and change all the feet to get the lower setting.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #750
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
bloody imported overseas free standing stoves.......850mm high what the hell is going on there, all my carcases are the standard 900 high.

puts the top of the stove almost 30mm below the bench top, no good.

madam simply had to have the most expensive stove known to mankind.

now I gotta empty all the cabinets and change all the feet to get the lower setting.
Can you raise the stove? Perhaps a 30 - 50mm pad underneath it? (just trying to save you work

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post