Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #31
347Stroker
Banned

Speed limits in this country, and every country in the world are governed by what is known as the "75th percentile rule" which takes 100 cars and sends them up a given stretch of road, dismisses the fastest 15-20 for being ratbags, dismisses the slowest 5-10 and comes up with an average that everybody naturally wants to drive at. That is how speed limits originated. In the case of every accident, the police, or the news reporter will blame the accident on excessive speed, even though the driver was only doing his 60, in the said 60 zone, but because the police think that the day he was driving, was a little overcast, and the sun was past noon, he really should have been driving at 40, so excessive speed was the factor occasioning death.
Well, of course speed was the cause of his death, due to hitting a pole @60kph, but if he was doing 60 in a 100 zone and hit a pole @60, the same would result, and would then it be excessive speed??
If you were watching the news, and the reporter told you that a man had just died skydiving, because he forgot to put on his parachute, would you be suprised????
I think not, so what is the difference with hitting the pole @60. Its not excessive speed that killed him.....

On the matter of the cop in the XR6, my gripe is WHY THE F##K DO THEY NEED TO TRY AND RAISE MORE REVENUE OFF US BY TRYING TO GET SOMEONE IN A POWERFUL CAR TO SPEED??????
They have cameras everywhere, mobile cars patrolling our roads, and now bait cars, trying to make you get up it.
We all are guilty of booting a car to get in front of another in traffic, so as to get our lane, or whatever, what happens if that car you pass is ol XR6 Turbo copper mate........thanks very much, that will be 3 points and a weeks wages thankyou!!!

Its just not bloody fair.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #32
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

yea i agree with you mate very true, the first week i was back from cairns i had the same XRT beside me at a set of lights on gympie RD, booted it from the first set and im like HMM ok ill see what you have, so come the next set of lights pull up look over to see who it was, extremely dark tint i thought then i saw a few 'additions' to the dash... closer look 2 cops in uniform. took off from that set of lights reasonable pace then he droped the boot into it, i dont think he knew i saw who they were, so he slowd down to my pace again, i gave him the finger and put up my window.... well he braked pulled in behind and bliped the siren... ******** got out and asked why i had given them the gesture, i told him because he was being a dick and proceded to throw some words around about how RESPECTABLE police woulnt be doing this shit and how i thought he didnt deserve his job to PROTECT AND SERVE not to entrap and prosicute.. he simply gave me a breath test and left...
I WAS ****ED off severly

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol you got away with it. still would of ****ed anyone off.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #34
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

One year at the summernats in canberra, I was cruising Northbourne ave with a few mates ! I was stopped at a red light and some mates in two cars were behind me! A plain looking comodoore stopped beside me and was fooling around lurching forward , grinning at us stalling up and stuff . I got into the act a little , when the lights went green I accelerated hard , but , only to the 60 k speed limit , the commodoore whipped in behind me , forcing my mate behind the jam his brakes a bit ! The light went ot to the roof and I had just been pulled over ! This cop was all happy and grinning like a cheshire cat as he asked for my licience and told me he was doing me for dangerous driving !Even though i explained i never went over the speed limit ! Well , my mates behind me were videoing when all this happening , and got the whole shebang on tape ! When I was pulled over they did a u turn just up the road a little and stopped opposite us , still recording! This went on for a few minutes and one of the mates comes over to us and i tell him im being booked ! When he tells me he they have the whole thing on tape the cop changes to real ****ed off! Funny though , as i got a real stern talking to and the ticket he was half way through writing never got finnished , or given to me ! I wonder why that was?????

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #35
347Stroker
Banned

So what should we, as a group of enthusiasts do????
Should we walk to the chemist, buy a tub of vaseline and come home, grab the vaso, smear our dates, bend over and grab our ankles, and let these mongrels screw us, OR?????
Should we all get together and find a better way to have this stopped.
I know it sounds like I am ranting and raving about coppers this and coppers that BUT!!!!!

Recently, in the US, a trial of RFID's concealed in kids school bags was run, and when the kids walked in to the classroom, the RFID communicated with the sensor, and sent a list to the teachers PDA, and the schools computers. This is really an invasion of civil liberties, and so the test was stopped, but you can see where this is leading......

DID YOU KNOW THESE RFID's ARE SIMILAR TO YOUR TOLL CARDS?????
Does this mean that the little white thing on your windscreen to pay your tolls, one day, can in fact, be tracked and register that you are speeding, and a fine is generated??
This day is really not that far off.

We all know that computers dont know any better.......hands up how many of us have gotten a bill or something similar that was computer generated that was incorrect...

So when the fine turns up that fateful day, saying that the GRRS fine detection system, or whatever else they want to call it, telling you you are speeding, who is going to help you prove you were not???
Old 29-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
One year at the summernats in canberra, I was cruising Northbourne ave with a few mates ! I was stopped at a red light and some mates in two cars were behind me! A plain looking comodoore stopped beside me and was fooling around lurching forward , grinning at us stalling up and stuff . I got into the act a little , when the lights went green I accelerated hard , but , only to the 60 k speed limit , the commodoore whipped in behind me , forcing my mate behind the jam his brakes a bit ! The light went ot to the roof and I had just been pulled over ! This cop was all happy and grinning like a cheshire cat as he asked for my licience and told me he was doing me for dangerous driving !Even though i explained i never went over the speed limit ! Well , my mates behind me were videoing when all this happening , and got the whole shebang on tape ! When I was pulled over they did a u turn just up the road a little and stopped opposite us , still recording! This went on for a few minutes and one of the mates comes over to us and i tell him im being booked ! When he tells me he they have the whole thing on tape the cop changes to real ****ed off! Funny though , as i got a real stern talking to and the ticket he was half way through writing never got finnished , or given to me ! I wonder why that was?????
oh **** that northbourne avenue. It is a haven for cops which is why im always on the limit. Attracts a lot of street racers there and on the way in and out. Lets just say if you have a modded car and you cruise round there your bound to get pulled over at some point. My mate was in his 300ZX TT. Cop pulled him over saying he was street racing when he wasnt. He just drove off at the lights and cause of the car hes got they pulled him over. They searched inside it for god sake. Anyways he debated it and said take it to court cause his mates dad is a barrister. Never went any further cause they had nothing on him. Just pulled him over cause its an import and sounds good. If he wanted to he could of put the foot down and see you later cops. If he was street racing as if he would stop. Yeah I think hes thinking of selling his car and getting a bike lol
Old 29-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #37
Dez
Banned

put the foot down and see ya later cops? lol, they'll catch up to him when he "stops" at the next tree or power pole and "waits" for them....

the copper lining people up in the Xr6T....well i can see both sides....if you're willing to race him, you're willing to race other people....so booking you isn't really unfair...but whinging that they are short of members etc to police areas and protect people, and then to send cops out to bait ppl is BS. maybe these guys are just rogue coppers getting their thrills by bookin people after they provoke them.....so who knows if thats what they've been told to do...
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #38
Aeron
DJR Fan

There is a white XR6T unmarked in Parramatta for the Sydney people. Keep an eye out for it. My make Mick drives it How good would that be, thrashing someone elses XR6T! They had to have the tail-shaft replaced on it too.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Seen quite a few unmarked XR6T in the city as well.... today even saw a bloody Mitsub Triton!!!!!!!!!! unmarked, and had pulled over another car

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #40
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh, also heaps of Rodeos in light blue and brown, that have no stickers on the front, only on the side....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #41
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I don't know if they still have it but decption bay cop shop used to have a WRX.
Personally though I agree with those that have said if you do have a go, you'll have a go at someone thats not a cop. Fair fine if you get caught I reckon.
Old 30-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #42
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

i do see your view YAW, but do you really think our tax paying dollers (and no i dont work for peanuts so i do see alot of my dollars go out the door) should be used on XR6T (not HWP) with personalised plates like TRI (TRY) or the like and the police resorces to go out there day after day trying to get races auctualy PROMOTING it then pinning the poor ***** who takes up on the offer. to me is just down right wrong, and decietfull and blantant misuse of police powers.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #43
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
So what should we, as a group of enthusiasts do????
Should we walk to the chemist, buy a tub of vaseline and come home, grab the vaso, smear our dates, bend over and grab our ankles, and let these mongrels screw us, OR?????
Should we all get together and find a better way to have this stopped.
I know it sounds like I am ranting and raving about coppers this and coppers that BUT!!!!!
I know it's a radical idea, but, uhm... how about not drag racing on the streets? Simple solution.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:38 AM   #44
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I know it's a radical idea, but, uhm... how about not drag racing on the streets? Simple solution.
I agree

So what if they spend a few of my tax dollars on decent unmarked cars.. With the huge fleet discount the Police get I'd say the differnce between a T and XT wouldn't even be few thousand dollars. Considering police get paid penuts I have no quams about a few 'perks' if it makes them feel special and keeps them on the job.

These same cars DO actually respond to crime, so maybe that poofteenth of a second faster they get there saves someones life?

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #45
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Good on the Police for doing it. As mentioned, if you line up against one car, you'll only do it to another.

By this happening, it will make you think twice about doing it again and that might be enough to save your life or that of someone elses.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #46
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

The issue is that are you flat out drag racing or just going to the speed limit? Both of which are not the best thing to be doing on the road. But this is BS.

How is it ok for a cop to floor it from the lights, tailgate etc etc and then as soon as a "normal" person does it they get done; if you dont think thats entrapment then your crazy; its bloody fraud.

I do realise there are alot of tossers on the raod doing stuff that shouldn't be done, but to provoke the response out of someone is crap, what if theyt have an accident after the copper challanged them?

Cops are just getting lazy, catch people in the act or change bloody jobs!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #47
347Stroker
Banned

I never said I was racing, I was driving home, at the speed limit, minding my own business, when the XR6T was in my mirrors, and all over me, then up the inside at a million miles an hour. What I did was on a hill, just give it a boot up past him, and keep him in the slow lane, just for being a f##k wit earlier, and thats when I noticed he was a copper, if you want more datails, read the first post. What I am trying to say is, I dont race on the street, and all I did was give my V8 a bootful, as we all do, and I could have gone a row, only because I thought that the XR6T driver was a goose.

I guess it turned out to be correct......he was a goose.
Old 30-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #48
YOOT
Banned

I've seen the exact same XR6 Turbo three times. Once on the way to Willobank on the Logan Motorway, it had pulled over a VY SS with a speed boat on the back.

Then again on the Bruce Highway up the sunny coast.

And again this monring on Old Cleveland Road near Carindale shopping centre, zapping people with their laser.

TRI hard.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #49
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey yeh Yoot - I saw him today too on Old Cleveland set up in a speed trap with two bike cops.

Yknow - I have no problem with that. Coppers do that all the time and that is part of their 'battle' against speeding I spose.

Same I agree that people shouldnt street race too.

However by using the XR6T in the fashion they do (and i've seen it) by goading people into driving their car in a more aggressive fashion than they perhaps might usually - I find those tactics extremely unethical. Surely the law has ethics?.......(or HAS to have ethics I thought?).

What would ever happen if TRI24 got someone to go hard out of the lights, they lost it and caused a major accident??

Last edited by XA Coupsta; 30-04-2005 at 09:58 PM.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #50
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah but seriously, its like a copper having some stolen goods, then offering it to someone on the street for a good price and then nabbing them for possesion...well done Inspector Gadget!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #51
Valknutr

what the are doing could be vaguely classified as a sting operation which are perfectly legal. Remember EVERYTHING a cop car does is recordered and most have the onboard video camera so if they happened to cause a crash then it would be all recorded. But if that information was to get passed onto the public or not thats another question......
Valknutr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #52
NEVRL8
Motor Starter

Default Slow Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
I never said I was racing, I was driving home, at the speed limit, minding my own business, when the XR6T was in my mirrors, and all over me, then up the inside at a million miles an hour. What I did was on a hill, just give it a boot up past him, and keep him in the slow lane, just for being a f##k wit earlier, and thats when I noticed he was a copper,What I am trying to say is, I dont race on the street, and all I did was give my V8 a bootful, as we all do, and I could have gone a row, only because I thought that the XR6T driver was a goose.

I guess it turned out to be correct......he was a goose.
Never mind dickheads that bait you,what you did is exactly what he wanted.What if a kid jumped out and you couldnt pull up in time because you were keeping him in the left lane for being a f##k wit earlier travelling at a million miles an hour?
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #53
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
what the are doing could be vaguely classified as a sting operation which are perfectly legal. Remember EVERYTHING a cop car does is recordered and most have the onboard video camera so if they happened to cause a crash then it would be all recorded. But if that information was to get passed onto the public or not thats another question......

I'd still question this. Do sting operations involve public endangerment? Over a measly traffic fine?
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #54
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
I'd still question this. Do sting operations involve public endangerment? Over a measly traffic fine?
Good point. They could bait the wrong person who just takes off and a police pursuit occurs over a fine. I still dont know why going to the speed limit is considered street racing. The speed limit is the speed limit, it doesnt matter how fast you got to it. In the big scheme of things I think cops should have their resources in other things rather than trying to bait street racing.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #55
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Good point. They could bait the wrong person who just takes off and a police pursuit occurs over a fine. I still dont know why going to the speed limit is considered street racing. The speed limit is the speed limit, it doesnt matter how fast you got to it. In the big scheme of things I think cops should have their resources in other things rather than trying to bait street racing.
i'm pretty sure there are ways to fine people for getting to the speed limit in a brief period....it'd be called wreckless driving etc...
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #56
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
i'm pretty sure there are ways to fine people for getting to the speed limit in a brief period....it'd be called wreckless driving etc...
yeah but they call it street racing for people with modded cars. What bout all the old farts with their BMWs and the wives in their Clubsports who just want to get ahead at the lights(and more often than not go over the speed limit) are they branded street racers? How often do they cop it? What bout all those people who take ages to get to 10km/h under the limit and hold back traffic. When i get to the speed limit those people who want to overtake me can but I havent driven wrecklessly and im not gonna take all day either to get to the limit You havent sped until you go over the limit.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #57
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

So what's the difference between coasting through a busy intersection at 60 with a green light and fanging it up to 60 from the lights?

In any case, no matter how much minorities like us kick and scream about it, nothing is going to change. The world sucks, gotta learn to live with it. :
Old 02-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #58
a-total-tool

Why am I not surprised?
2 days after Christmas, I was stopped by a highway patrol for doing 55 in a 50. I was speeding. That's NOT the issue.
My gripe is where and how I got done. I was driving in Penrith NSW and the officer was HIDING in a retirement home. The really sly part is that they got the cars that were caught to wait IN THE CARPARK of the retirement home as everything would be hidden from view of the street.
I found out a month later that the coppers were out to get as many people as they possibly could, as they were on RTA funded overtime.
These practices are deceitful and morally wrong. We, as tax-paying motorists should do something about it. What can we do?
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #59
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_princess
Why am I not surprised?
2 days after Christmas, I was stopped by a highway patrol for doing 55 in a 50. I was speeding. That's NOT the issue.
My gripe is where and how I got done. I was driving in Penrith NSW and the officer was HIDING in a retirement home. The really sly part is that they got the cars that were caught to wait IN THE CARPARK of the retirement home as everything would be hidden from view of the street.
I found out a month later that the coppers were out to get as many people as they possibly could, as they were on RTA funded overtime.
These practices are deceitful and morally wrong. We, as tax-paying motorists should do something about it. What can we do?
Though I agree, that wasn't the way they should have gone about, but how does it make a difference where, or how they write the ticket?

You were speeding (Yes, I know 5ks is nothing, we all do it) and you got caught. You would have got fined whether it was writen in a carpark or on the side of the road.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 PM   #60
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

So... if you have a certain XR6T baiting you constantly, and then he starts to tail you... and you slam on those Premium Brakes <tm> to avoid That Cat That's Running Across The Road <tm>, and he rear ends you coz he's tailing you dangerously...

Does your standard insurance/road law stuff come into play here? (IE driver behind is 100% at fault)

:the_finge : :hihi: _2:

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post