Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 22-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
The only prob I may have shifting in auto is that lag between shifts when changing gears,even the 2 shift kits I have dont resolve the problem.
The beauty of that problem, at least in my case, is that the lag is very consistent/repeatable.

You can factor that lag into your shift strategy, and with only a little bit of effort, it will be changing gears when you want.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #32
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Just to get slightly off the original topic here.

If you have a G-Tech Pro RR (or whatever they're called) that can be plugged into a PC, do an acceleration run from low RPM to the redline in each gear and graph the acceleration and speed for each gear. Then overlap the 3/4 lines on a single graph, and look where each gear accelerates less than the next gear (IE the lines cross over), that's where the perfect shift point is.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Funny you should say that because I ahve the ss model (same as rr but no download) and its telling me some interesting facts. My peak power rarely hits above 4800rpm.The peak rpm point of a car is dictated mostly by intake and exhaust manifolding.at 4800 rpm peaking power there seems to be something choking airflow and power above this.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post