Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #31
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Winnie Blues by chance?
You know me, you know I'm ALL class...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #32
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Depending on how old you are, , and how long you want to live, , you may find it easy to quit when it comes time to have kids.....

You need to understand that the commercials are right, , EVERY smoke is decreasing your health. Your kids will somehow also suffer if you and your wife smoke.

I smoked a pack a day for `12 years, , and quit EASY about 4 years ago, when it was time to have kids.

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #33
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Meanwhile, I'm off to have a smoke.
Just reading all this gives me cravings......like you said, I'm off to have a smoke.
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #34
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
Keep busy as it helps
Don't go out with people that smoke
Don't drink
Find some one to compete with ,see who gives up first (don't loose)
Don't go to mondays meeting

Have fun walking on the beach
enjoy the clean air
Cough up those 20+ years of gunk you breathed in (got ta love that every morning in the shower)

Ive been off them for 18 months now and could still have one tomorrow ,but I would hate the wife to win....LOL
Good luck Kerrie
WELL DONE
:
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #35
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
Hey Kerrie,
Looks like you and Rob are on the wagon together :Lissa

Sorry I got your name from this post , after looking inoticed you sign every post ,silly me.

Quote:
yes see I can be even more picky now

You have a right too ,your trying to give up smoking......LOL

Im sorry KERRI but drinking will make it very hard to say NO to a smoke

Hoops and Chrissie would understand ,but if you go, you must stay away from that chimney Hoops......LOL
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #36
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Aly
Just reading all this gives me cravings......like you said, I'm off to have a smoke.
what they said....
my problem is that i really only smoke at work so they only thing i could do to avoid my main smoking point is to get another job HAH everyone else on my tea break smokes too and they are renovating our main canteen so icnt even sit up there and watch TV
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #37
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AC/DC: thanks for your post, but I have had my kids already (my eldest is 17 this year).
I am gathering the rest of your comments were directed to Alan (Stampy)... well at least I am hoping they were :

Alan: OK very sorry for being 'picky' I missed that Lissa spelt my name wrong.. but don't worry, I will be correcting her (and anyone else for that matter).
Just a warning, I have hit the NARKY stage.... : :yeees:
Oh did you let Hoops or Chrissie know that YOU suggested I DONT go to the meeting????????????
I will be going, but will definately be keeping away from that wonderful cig smoke......mmmmmmmm :
Drinking by the way makes it hard to say no to lots of things and I think smoking would have to be the least of my concerns there..... :

*please read this and have a laugh... not intended to upset* : : : :the_finge
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #38
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Drinking by the way makes it hard to say no to lots of things and I think smoking would have to be the least of my concerns there..... :
Care to elaborate? :monkes:
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Care to elaborate? :monkes:
not particularly : :thebirds:
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #40
XRchic
Hello

Hey Kerri, good luck with it! I smoked for over 15 years and I recently gave up. My partner and I decided to have a baby, so I didnt want to be smoking when I had it... I gave up a couple of months before, and it was hard. I had tried patches before and they never worked.

The actual nicotine cravings only last a few days, once that is over, its just the habit you have to break, and thats the hard bit. And no patch is going to help with that, all they do is prolong your nicotine withdrawls... better to suffer agony for a couple of days without patches and get the nicotine withdrawl part over with and then break the habit with whatever works for you...

I suffered for the first few days, that was HARD! Once that was over, things got a lot better. My partner doesnt smoke either, and he was very supportive, which helps a lot. After about a week I did have set back and went and bought a packet and had about 6 smokes. Then felt terrible and threw the rest out - last I have had was those 6.

Healthwise, I felt a lot healthier quite quickly. Youd be surprised how fast you stop coughing, and your sense of smell and taste comes back!

Now, I dont even think about it. Can smell smoke, be in a pub or whatever and it doesnt bother me in the slightest. I have no desire for one at all, but thats just as well, being nearly 8 months pregnant! I hope I can keep it up after my son is born!!!

Stick at it mate, its hard and sometimes you might have a relapse and go back to it. But dont be discouraged if you give in to the odd craving here and there... just stay on track and keep going. It might take a while, and it might be rather unpleasant, but at least you are giving it a shot. Maybe some of your family will give up in sympathy too, my Dad gave up when I did and I was really happy about that as he is an asthmatic diabetic!

Anyways, keep trying and good luck mate!

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #41
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Jac
your post is such good timing... Today is going to be the first day I will be around smokers and actually hoping I dont cave in... pretty sure I wont.
I have gone so far without a patch today (took it off before bed - around 10ish last night - up at 6ish). But might stick one on before meeting up with the crew.... just to be safe

Thanks heaps
My determination is huge this time whereas every other time I have tried to quit I didn't have a desperate goal in mind (I have two this time lol).

Cheers
Kerri
Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #42
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Thanks Jac
your post is such good timing... Today is going to be the first day I will be around smokers and actually hoping I dont cave in... pretty sure I wont.
I have gone so far without a patch today (took it off before bed - around 10ish last night - up at 6ish). But might stick one on before meeting up with the crew.... just to be safe

Thanks heaps
My determination is huge this time whereas every other time I have tried to quit I didn't have a desperate goal in mind (I have two this time lol).

Cheers
Kerri
Whack that patch on baby - we don't want to be responsible for a relapse :gren:
Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #43
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Whack that patch on baby - we don't want to be responsible for a relapse :gren:
maybe I should put a few on :
It's going to be fine.. :
Old 04-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #44
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate has been doing his bit to help his GF to give up her occasional smoke habit. There's the usual hiding the cigarettes/lighters or destroying them. But a couple of others that are good are :
*Using that clear nail polish to stop you biting your nails on the filters of the smokes to make them taste real bad.
*He sticks them in his nostrils or ears in her presence and then puts them back randomly in the pack, so she won't know which ones are tainted.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #45
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
Sorry I got your name from this post , after looking inoticed you sign every post ,silly me.

You have a right too ,your trying to give up smoking......LOL

Im sorry KERRI but drinking will make it very hard to say NO to a smoke

Hoops and Chrissie would understand ,but if you go, you must stay away from that chimney Hoops......LOL
Yeah drop me in it lol Thanks : :
Old 04-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #46
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah drop me in it lol Thanks : :
Thats ok Lissa.. you were corrected in person...... I know you wont make this mistake again eh : :

I must admit, the temptation after the car decided to be a pain was huge.. still is huge....
:
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #47
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have decided that I wont use the patches now, as I think the main part is done... just the will power has to remain strong :

Didnt have a patch on yesterday either (and everyone survived)...

I actually think I am going to win this time... :
Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #48
gozza

my dad had 2 mates who smoked more than a pack a day

they bet the 1st person to smoke a cigga had to pay the other a grand
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #49
Penelope Pitstop

You are doing awesome girl :king:

and should be very very proud of yourself especially considering you had the stress of your car chucking a hissy fit and you were in the presence of a smoker - as if we truly believed you were watering that garden that frequently Liss... :thebirds: (thumbs up!)

I am so very proud of you and have absolutely no doubt that you will succeed this time - you are determined and you know all your mates are behind you 110% :

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO - :
Old 06-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #50
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was so watering the garden you should see how lovely and green it is : Good work Kerri i look foward to joining the ranks soon :
Old 06-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #51
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Good work Kerri i look foward to joining the ranks soon :
Just as soon as she can work out how to roll up a patch and light it! _2:
Old 06-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #52
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was so watering the garden you should see how lovely and green it is : Good work Kerri i look foward to joining the ranks soon :
You may have been watering the garden... but you have kind of forgotten the frantic search you tried to do quietly hunting for your lighter (the one you dropped next to the couch - yes, thats right, the one next to me

Busted.... :
Old 06-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #53
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or how to make them so she can treat them like an ice cube...... lickety lick Liss
Just teasing you....... you will quit when its the right time for you Im sure :
thanks by the way :Up_to_som
Old 06-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #54
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ooooo Hardy Haaaa : and a big thumbs up to you Tori :the_finge LMAO All in good time!!!! Robs done so well it kinda puts me to shame!!! But have to give up soon kinda tired of coughing up a lung every morning