Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: QLD Easter : 1 Km over Speed Limit Ticket!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
Didn't you know that every K over is a killer and not the thousands of drunk, drugged, tired, fatigued, inattentive and just plain bad drivers?
I'm lucky I didn't kill at least 6 families due to my reckless speed. I should be in jail, having such reckless regard for the safety of others

It's just weird how if I was in any other state other than the nanny state it's ok
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #32
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner View Post
It took until post 13 for the simpletons to come out to play

So you have never gone 1km/h over the limit I take it?
Yes all the time. But 2 things, I don't speed where there is a high chance of being caught (ie double demerit times, known hot spots etc), and I don't speed if unsafe.

Haven't been done for speeding ever. If I ever do get caught, so be it, I was speeding.

So whose the simpleton, me, or the morons who get caught speeding during double demerit periods.
5 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it on topic and not personal.
Old 27-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR View Post
Fines won't stick. Anything up to 12% over will be dissmised as usual, providing the recipients fight them.
I don't get this. Why won't the fines stick? Speeding is speeding whether it's 1k over or 10k over. What defence do you use in court?
Old 27-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=3LPtRqWLYlw

Wait till you get this thing on the street.
Old 27-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Benjamin Smith

Equipment accurracy. Do we know 100% that our speedo is spot on? Is the gun that the cop is using is it accurate? Was the person who did the last calibration do it correctly? There is to many varibles to make it possible to get a proper reading.
Old 27-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #37
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Instead of having the cops concentrate on speeders (easy, soft targets with minimal enforcement action, paperwork and effort), why don't they concentrate on the real potential killers.

If it was me, Id get every copper out on the road loaded to the gunnels with RBT kits and blitz everyone and anyone 24/7, get out there with the drug testing kits also.
Target drivers on phones, running stop signs and lights, failing to give way or just doing plain stupid stuff. Stick some high visibility speed cameras out there in known bad spots such as the Bruce highway, nabbing anyone doing 20kph plus over as these are the ones that need to be watched harder than people doing 1kph over, and give those big speeders double demerit deductions. Go hard after badly and obviously defective cars, but use some common sense or discretion on cars with 1 minor issue.

High visibility would be the aim but with a more common sense approach to penalties that are more in line with the seriousness of the offense..
Old 27-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Cool ill just sit home and drink beer and drive my R/C car for the little amount of time i have off.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
5 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #39
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Cool ill just sit home and drink beer and drive my R/C car for the little amount of time i have off.
Arrived yeh , does mad skids ?
Old 27-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Anyone who is going to deliberately speed is not going to be interested in any zero tolerance policies.
This is purely to scare the normal law abiding drivers into driving under the speed limit.

I swear that without speeding drivers the government would go broke
5 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

It actually quite annoys me that people keep referring to exceeding the prescribed limit as 'speeding'

FFS, 1kmh is speeding is it? Clowns.

You high and mighty tipes, that drive around under the posted limited (in order to gaurentee not exceeding the number on the sign) give yourselves a pat on the back. And while you accept this govco road tax, with nary a whimper or word of concern due to your complicentcy, take heart in the fact that you've done your bit in bolstering the continued errosion of liberty, fairness, sensibility common mo fo-ing sense.

1kmh?

Friggin absurd.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 27-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3 View Post
Arrived yeh , does mad skids ?
I can drink and drive, do skids, crash you name it and the rozzers cant do a thing
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how long will this attitude last with citizens , we are already slaves paying taxes to employ them, Mad max days upon us soon.

Wining by domination has been proven not to work by the Nazi's.
Old 27-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #44
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been working up at Rockhampton for the last 8 weeks and driving back to Brisbane tomorrow. With the roadworks between Rocky and just south of Gladstone they still have the odd speed camera around that area.Have driven the Bruce Highway many times while up here(done around 10,000k's in my time here) and the main problem I see is with some trucks and their driver's attitude towards other road users.
Hope there's not too many Boys in Blue lurking/hiding around the trees!!!
Old 27-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #45
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I don't get this. Why won't the fines stick? Speeding is speeding whether it's 1k over or 10k over. What defence do you use in court?
Are you really that battered and beaten that you believe that just because someone take a measurement on a device that it is 100% accurate?

The LIDARs are not fixed into a frame the are being manually held. It is impossible for a human being to stay perfectly still and the movement of 1km/h is not noticeable so if you are doing exactly 100 and the copper has a slight wind behind him or is a bit tired or whatever the LIDAR measures the difference between the speed you are going and the speed it is going. Assuming it is perfectly stationary is foolish and naive and under the law the copper will have to prove he was not moving at a rate that is imperceptible to the naked eye. Good luck with that.
7 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #46
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon466 View Post
They should be on the Bruce highway north of Gympie, the wide bay highway, warrego highway etc, that is where people are inattentive, tired etc.
Really?

Since when has a speed camera booking anyone for doing 1klm over the limit been capable of picking up inattention and fatigue?

So your plan is to target people who may be trying to drive 1000+klm on single carriageway country hwy but leave the more heavily populated SE alone? I suppose as long as it's not in your backyard it's all good!

What you suggest is actually likely to increase the road toll, not prevent deaths. Motorists get frustrated enough as it is on long journeys on roads like the Bruce with bugger all passing lanes, without having to also abide by truly draconian speed laws which would prevent any passing at all. Imagine trying to drive from Cairns to Brisbane without the abilty to pass a vehicle doing 96kph because you cant exceed 100. The line behind that car would be many klms long. So frustrating that an accident or at the very least a near miss, is the only likely outcome. Ridiculous!

What really needs to happen on our open highways, if this is really a genuine attempt to save lives and kerb bad behaviour over the easter weekend is a high visibility campaign.
No need to book anyone. Just be seen every 60klm or so on these open roads and people will tow the line.
Drivers who are pushing the friendship can be pulled over and issued a warning. Those who pass byh while a warning is being issued will see the flashing lights and the poor bastard who has been pulled up and think an infringement notice is being issued. This along with the sheer number of police cars that they are seeing on the road will cause a behaviour adjustment.
Old 27-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #47
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I can drink and drive, do skids, crash you name it and the rozzers cant do a thing
Used to do this with Gran Tourismo in my youth,. Get drunk and play. Learnt pretty quickly that I had no chance in a real car if I was drunk. Would often wake up hours later stuck against a wall bouncing on the limiter.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #48
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
The best defense to use in court is the one where you never admit to the charge in the first place!!!!.
The first question you will be asked when pulled over is, "Why were you speeding?"
Any answer other than, "I wasn't speeding", means you have admitted to the offence and done 90+% of the Officers work if you decide to contest it.
Old 27-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #49
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hope my work trucks speedo isnt out...........
Old 27-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #50
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Roo 1970 View Post
Instead of having the cops concentrate on speeders (easy, soft targets with minimal enforcement action, paperwork and effort), why don't they concentrate on the real potential killers.

You mean like suicide - that kills twice the number of people than die on our roads? Yes, true. Suicide is a preventable death, and affects twice the number of road deaths, yet the focus is on fining people for minor infringements, which actually does more to damage an individual's coping and pushes people into the frame of mind that leads to suicide. Yes this is a personal issue, and not everyone is comfortable talking about. But while the police are busy raising taxes like good little drones for the state, there will be people brought into the emergency department that have attempted to or have succeeded in killing themselves. A breakdown in social cohesion does that, and it peaks at times like easter. Thankyou govco for being successful in making the citizens you serve try to kill themselves.....end of rant!
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #51
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
And just like a speed camera, they will be sitting on the safest, widest easiest to accidentally slip a few k's over piece of road that they can find.

You better believe it Jon.
Old 27-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #52
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

I wonder about the move to get rid of 70 and 90 zones in Victoria.
Vicroads spokesperson said some zones will go up to 80 and 100, others will be reduced to 60 and 80.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...mitChanges.htm

Apart from a number on rectangular sheets of metal, what else will have changed?

For a zone increasing to 80 or 100, does that mean kittens will die today, when I obey the higher limit,
Or will I run into a tree on the next bend?.......

After all, it WAS 10km/h lower yesterday.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #53
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post

My Comment : No car's speedo is 100% accurate..another example of the road toll being used to raise revenue.....
How else do they pay for over educated text book taught people who come up with these money making schemes,and blanket it under "Speed kills"
Old 27-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #54
NT XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Are you really that battered and beaten that you believe that just because someone take a measurement on a device that it is 100% accurate?

The LIDARs are not fixed into a frame the are being manually held. It is impossible for a human being to stay perfectly still and the movement of 1km/h is not noticeable so if you are doing exactly 100 and the copper has a slight wind behind him or is a bit tired or whatever the LIDAR measures the difference between the speed you are going and the speed it is going. Assuming it is perfectly stationary is foolish and naive and under the law the copper will have to prove he was not moving at a rate that is imperceptible to the naked eye. Good luck with that.
Can tell you now, they don't work if you are unsteady. You get an error code.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #55
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

theoretically your comment is correct but if there is zero tolerance instead of some latitude drivers will be watching the speedo more than the road so they don't drift 1 K extra. hardly a safe option. will cause more accidents than it prevents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I have a crazy idea, what if people just don't go above the speed limit?
Then they wouldn't get a fine. Or is that just silly?

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 27-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #56
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Put this down to a silly minister making what amounts to a "sound bite" for the press...
More like a brain faart if you ask me...

a 1kph ticket would be laughed out of court.....and the police know it too.

Let's hope that this "can do do" minister pulls his head in and let the Police and QDOT look after this like they've done for years.

Our company corporate policy on speeding infringements has now changed, they are now regarded
as safety breaches in company vehicles and as such attract a written warning, we only get three in a 12 month period.

Last edited by jpd80; 27-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 27-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #57
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trip planner, leave nudgee 3 pm . Join Gateway 5 mins later spend 10 mins merging, crawl thu nudgee fixed camera 10 kmh proceed north at average speed of 28 kmh for next 40 km. Put foot down and up and down to average 65 kmh for next 53 km to get to caloundra turoff. Crikey another blow hard pollie talking thru his hat.
This will make absolutely NO difference to the toll. The danger is at the end of the trip ( or during) when people are fatigued not at the start. Bloody money hungry knobs, and we vote for these idiots!
Old 27-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
It actually quite annoys me that people keep referring to exceeding the prescribed limit as 'speeding'

FFS, 1kmh is speeding is it? Clowns.

You high and mighty tipes, that drive around under the posted limited (in order to gaurentee not exceeding the number on the sign) give yourselves a pat on the back. And while you accept this govco road tax, with nary a whimper or word of concern due to your complicentcy, take heart in the fact that you've done your bit in bolstering the continued errosion of liberty, fairness, sensibility common mo fo-ing sense.

1kmh?

Friggin absurd.
What I find amusing is that most people think the posted speed "limit" is actually more like a speed average, or speed minimum. People are high and mighty for staying within a legal limit and not breaking the law are they?

What's your stand on the alcohol "limit", is 0.051 BAC fine, because its only juuuust over. (Although you actually get fined at 0.05)
Old 27-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #59
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
theoretically your comment is correct but if there is zero tolerance instead of some latitude drivers will be watching the speedo more than the road so they don't drift 1 K extra. hardly a safe option. will cause more accidents than it prevents
And the other problem is that a lot of people in new car unaware that their speedo can be reading fast will begin driving
much slower than the posted speed limit. While this might not seem a problem, it can be very off putting to anticipation,
general flow of traffic and actually start causing more frustration as other drivers begin switching lanes and even
more aggressive moves..

Unfortunately, the police don't have a gun that measures excessive stupidity but I can imagine what bullets it should have..
Old 27-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #60
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our company corporate policy on speeding infringements has now changed, they are now regarded
as safety breaches in company vehicles and as such attract a written warning, we only get three in a 12 month period.[/QUOTE]

By then your licence is gone anyway usually, unless of course you are M.P
Closed Thread