Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #31
Miss_XR6

Default Re: Whitney who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylby1
i never once claimed she overdosed

Addition: this will be the last comment i post. Not real keen on getting reamed with the banstick today
My comment wasnt aimed at your someone else haha
Old 13-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #32
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Agree 100%, when a soldier dies who was fighting for our freedom and it hardly gets a mention in the news, a police officer gets killed in the line of duty and it's a small article in the paper or 15 seconds on the evening news
Every solder's death or injury in recent memory has had blanket coverage. So too police deaths. It gets discussed in parliament whenever a solider dies.
Old 13-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if she did die from a drug overdose of some kind, you probably could accurately say she "died doing what she loved"...

...what...too soon...?
Old 13-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I didn't want to say it. I was trying to make a point.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 13-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

► 4:31► 4:31

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKboE2jrUqA
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
Old 13-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
It's been a train wreck for a long time and a real shame to see such talent wasted. I remember being shocked watching the bobby brown doco where he described helping Whitney out with her drig-related consipation - manually, with his fingers. (google it is you don't believe me).

Anyway... she was a serious talent. It's just such a shame that her life ended up spiralling into that place she found herself.
Yep, well there goes lunch................
Old 13-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #37
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG_Frodza
haha i hate chasers but that was brilliant

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 13-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #38
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm afraid when it comes to celebrity singers and what they do with thier money, I'm more in awe of people like Jay Kay out of Jamiroquai than those who choose to snort it up their fricking nose...
Old 13-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #39
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not comparable.

Racing legend who dies doing what he loves is NOT even similar to this...
How so? Peter Brock dies unexpectedly...... In a car crash.

A coke head dies, yet again, unexpectedly as a result of taking whater she took at the time.

They both died doing what they love and there is a large known risk in doing what both of them loved

And to others that think this is tasteless, what is the problem with speaking ill of the dead? Do people need to change their opinions of others if they die? What about mass muderers and such? A junky dies due to drug abuse, but she had some hits in the 80's/90's so we better all ignore the lifestyle she chose to live and call her a saint, what a shock and tragic loss to the music industry........ I think it is a few decades too late for media to be pushing this angle of thought.

Last edited by StealthAu; 13-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
prasac
Banned

just a couple of the jokes doing the rounds. fortunately they aren't as cruel as some of the ones i heard about other celebrities.

Nintendo is releasing a new game based on the lives of Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston.
It's called WiiHab

Whitney has many achievements in her life including 6 Grammy's in 14 years. Slightly less impressive though, was her recent attempt at six grams in fourteen minutes.

Last edited by prasac; 13-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope she meant more to her parents and family than she did to some of you.
Old 13-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #42
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberZH
I hope she meant more to her parents and family than she did to some of you.
she probably did, that is the problem with fame and media representation, she was more then likely a lot more to her family then a washed singer with substance abuse problems. But unexpected? Nope, you just have to look at these people and you can see it is just a matter of time.

The only thing unexpected about this is, she is back in the spotlight.

And there are others greaving other then family members, let's give a thought to those who have lost the most from this sad event, the drug cartels, it is a sad day for the mexican economy.

Last edited by StealthAu; 13-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
she probably did, that is the problem with fame and media representation, she was more then likely a lot more to her family then a washed singer with substance abuse problems. But unexpected? Nope, you just have to look at these people and you can see it is just a matter of time.

The only thing unexpected about this is, she is back in the spotlight.

And there are others greaving other then family members, let's give a thought to those who have lost the most from this sad event, the drug cartels, it is a sad day for the mexican economy.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 13-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #44
falconator
Regular Yobbo

There but for the grace of God,goes i!(quote) sir Robert Menzies.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #45
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Whitney who... Mike?
Old 13-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #46
prasac
Banned

just watched an interview with the first Paramedics on the scene trying to revive her. one paramedic turned to the other Paramedic and asked if he felt a pulse, he replied "I have nothing, nothing, nothinnnggggg"
Old 13-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #47
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Not comparable.

Racing legend who dies doing what he loves is NOT even similar to this...
you are right - whitney was the one being hit
Old 13-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
Her autopsy showed she died of drowning not a drug overdose some of you should learn to respect the dead

she was a great singer and actor and her voice is one that to this day has not been beaten she was talented
Bit quick for autopsy results don't you think, and it will take a while before the toxicology results are in.

Pretty clear what happened though, either way it was drugs that killed her, she didn't just fall asleep in the bath because she was tired.

She did have a pretty impressive voice though despite how much I hate her music.

I'm suprised Bobby Brown didn't kill her first.
Old 13-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #49
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

. She died yesterday. She is a celebrity and someone well respected within the music industry. The Grammies are on now, it's big news. No she was not a soldier and did not die defending her country. But her death is still a death. Change the channel if it offends you. People will mourn her death and it will be in the media. Time to build a bridge.
Old 13-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #50
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Theres no doubt the woman had talent, who's music touched many people and who's rise to the top inspired many artisits to reach their goals.

Having said that though, Whitney, like many before her, found herself on the illicit/prescription drug roundabout that comes with too much money, too much workload and the wrong crowd.
I doubt she set out to make a killing from her voice only to fall victim to the life it would eventually leed to.

I feel pity for her and sorrow for her daughter, that is all.
Old 13-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #51
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Everyone had their say now?

Good.
Closed Thread