Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #31
Panko

Default Re: Who's had their car or house broken in to ?

last year in december, XF wagon broken into by forcing the passenger door open enough to pull the snib up, resulted in bent door frame. stole wallet and camera, then proceded to attempt to steal my money from my bank account using my debit card, which requires no pin or sign for online purchases. i was lucky i used internet banking cos as soon as i saw my wallet missing i got on the computer and got all my money into my other account. that was down at the boat ramp while the car was parked with the trailer connected and i was out on the boat.
then in feb this year, again broken into, busted the passenger door lock trying to use a big screw driver. i caught him in the act, chased him until he ran in front of traffic on a busy hwy and nearly got hit, i would have if i kept going. called police, they sent out 3 cop cars looking for him but he was never found. he also tried 3 other cars that were parked around mine.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #32
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
Nate does this mean I'm going to have to clean this up when you bring the EB over?
Hehehehe
I thought to myself when I saw it, NEH I'll leave it to Dave, he'll know what to do! /Lies

Truthfully though, I grumbled and mumbled and went to the local car wash after work and spent 8 minutes with the high pressure hose and foam brush scraping the crap off the car. If I ever find the kid that did it, I'll see if he likes Teriyaki chicken thrown in his face and dried up in the sun -_-
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
The Beenleigh end of Logan.
Well that explains alot...

Beenleigh is as bad as Woodridge was 5 years ago...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #34
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I did hear they were trying to clean up Woodridge but its always going to have that stigma attached to it.

The way things are going for us we may have to move Springwood/Rochedale area :(
Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #35
THE CADBURY KID

I used to own a pos 253 lx torana and twice it got broken into,once it was down the end of the road with the bonnet up and a flat battery because you didnt need a key to start it(removed coil lead) the other time it was still out the front with a flat battery and all the doors open.My first real ford an xb ute was nearly broken into at tafe because everybody in my class got done except me(dumb luck)
And some dirty mongrel stole my clear side indicators off my eb in fremantle one night,chased down 3 young guys i saw lifting windscreen wipers and pretty much went through their pockets but they were innocent.
I hate criminal thief junky types and hope i dont ever catch one...
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Our house got broken into on Tuesday, 17.3k in jewelry stolen, cash, ps3, and the thieves ripped my Rihanna poster too dammit. Not a happy day as the jewelry was all very old heirlooms and obviously very valuable.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #37
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had my EB broken into, my drivers side seat cover was stolen!
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #38
EATHSV
Oo---oO

My first car XE was attempted stolen, smashed the window and tryed t roll start it... it was auto... idiots left it sitting broardside accross the road and some bloke almost smashed into it coming home form work.

Now the really horrible one... last december I was working (i work nights) and the missus was home alone with the kids. She was awake in our room with the light on and some low life decided to let himself into our then 2yo son's bedroom while he was asleep in his cot. Was removing all is toys. Then went past the bedroom door and went for the laptop I'm typing this on. Thank god for squeeky floorboards, when the missus turned down the TV he got spooked and did a runner.

So lucky I wasn't home... I would have got out the front door before he got around the house. I probably would be doing time myself now if I had of got him. What kind of low life ***** breaks into a 2yo's room?

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #39
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had three home robberies.
Two at the same house within three months of each other on acreage at Mudgeeraba and once at a unit I lived in at Broadbeach.
Police told me the best deterrent is a dog. It can even be a small one as thieves don't like the barking because it attracts attention.
I once saw a nifty deterrent at a home show ... motion detectors set off a recording that sounded like the monster dog from hell striving to get out of the house to tear you to pieces.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #40
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of our members on the XR5 turbo forum has just had his pride & joy stolen. he and his g/f were house sitting for someone in Mandurah (WA) and somebody broke into the house, stole their wallets & phones and also got his keys and took his 2010 Focus XR5... hasn't been seen since.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #41
GT-Pete
Breaking stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATHSV
My first car XE was attempted stolen, smashed the window and tryed t roll start it... it was auto... idiots left it sitting broardside accross the road and some bloke almost smashed into it coming home form work.

Now the really horrible one... last december I was working (i work nights) and the missus was home alone with the kids. She was awake in our room with the light on and some low life decided to let himself into our then 2yo son's bedroom while he was asleep in his cot. Was removing all is toys. Then went past the bedroom door and went for the laptop I'm typing this on. Thank god for squeeky floorboards, when the missus turned down the TV he got spooked and did a runner.

So lucky I wasn't home... I would have got out the front door before he got around the house. I probably would be doing time myself now if I had of got him. What kind of low life ***** breaks into a 2yo's room?
The kind of pieces of **** that think it's ok to steal someone else's property
GT-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #42
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i had a couple kids try to steal my bmx one night, except it had no chain, they went to pedal and fell off i watched it happen and laughed lol