Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 AM   #31
jixel 78

Its a shame that the dealer is punished. Who else in autosales land will give you any more than you have? I mean honestly, will Jack Spratts Used Cars give you any of the things you have complained about? Will they bend over backwards to encompass all the blemishes you have outlined? Fit genuine accessories? Offer the service outlines you specified? Dealerships are a varied breed. Mostly, they have an underlying commonality. They are generally forced by association to the manufacturer to provide the most comprehensive parts, service and customer satisfaction they can.Their technicians have ALOT more comprehensive training than the majority of stand alone workshops\sellers.The underlying cynicism they recieve is due to negative feed back stemming from forums and competing buisinesses such as these.Not every dealer has a team of robots always willing to sweep aside the continual`My car is under warranty, and it isnt what I expected it to be and I`m the customer so I`m always right, so fix it` People are people. Cars are benign objects. They get damaged.They are driven to within an inch of their design. They get sold from one owner to the next. Enjoy your car. Look after it, and it will look after you. The Focus diesel is a beaut car. A good choice mate.Take some satisfaction from that.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #32
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
How much cheaper was it than a new one? As someone of obvious savvy with cars(being an AFF member) why is it that youre unhappy? 9000 kms isnt new now is it? Wandering into a Ford Dealer as somebody with an axe to grind already after a bad experience in the past, on top of being an individual obviously aware of the peaks and troughs of a fickle industry it strikes me as odd that you would buy a scratched, un-optioned demonstrator Focus from a dealer with verbal, unsigned un written agreements, and then go hell-for-leather at the dealer on a forum such as this? Stinks to high heaven. Again. Yawn.
Why does being an AFF member mean someone is obviously savvy with cars?Who said the car was new? Where does it say he has an axe to grind? He had a bad experience and got over it. As for the rest, the op acknowledged they screwed up. Whats with the hell-for-leather at the dealer? Did you miss I do not want to 'name and shame' anyone

I don't understand the point of your last post either.

What dealer has been punished? Is it YOU?

If I have followed and remember the thread correctly, in essence, the op failed to get all promises in writing. As a verbal agreement, the dealership staff reportedly engaged in blantant lies subsequently screwing their customer.

The dealership staff represent the dealer. If the dealer is incapable of running their business including managing their staff, I would suggest they are in the wrong business. They should get help or get out.

A very simple concept: Screw your customers and you ultimately screw your business.

Where's flappist?
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Its a shame that the dealer is punished. Who else in autosales land will give you any more than you have? I mean honestly, will Jack Spratts Used Cars give you any of the things you have complained about? Will they bend over backwards to encompass all the blemishes you have outlined? Fit genuine accessories? Offer the service outlines you specified? Dealerships are a varied breed. Mostly, they have an underlying commonality. They are generally forced by association to the manufacturer to provide the most comprehensive parts, service and customer satisfaction they can.Their technicians have ALOT more comprehensive training than the majority of stand alone workshops\sellers.The underlying cynicism they recieve is due to negative feed back stemming from forums and competing buisinesses such as these.Not every dealer has a team of robots always willing to sweep aside the continual`My car is under warranty, and it isnt what I expected it to be and I`m the customer so I`m always right, so fix it` People are people. Cars are benign objects. They get damaged.They are driven to within an inch of their design. They get sold from one owner to the next. Enjoy your car. Look after it, and it will look after you. The Focus diesel is a beaut car. A good choice mate.Take some satisfaction from that.
Your post is confusing. If you read over what I have said carefully then the 'dealer' should absolutely get punished if it allows their staff to treat customers so badly.

I did not buy a used car from 'Habibs Motors Bankstown'. The guy I spoke to worked in a Ford dealership, this dealership has a service centre attached.

My invoice and receipt has Ford / FPV logos all over it.

ALL NEW FACTORY options were offered to me. I chose reverse sensors.

What we discussed was not me being a demanding SOB customer. I asked specific questions and that was the reply I was freely given. At no time did I twist or con screw what was being heard so that it suited me.

It is a shame that this behaviour is almost expected and tolerated. You should not need a team of lawyers or a hidden voice recorder available when buying a car. And a well known dealer should not be so blatantly misleading during the sales process to get the sale.

As for an update. The matter is in the hands of Ford CRC. I have a very sympathetic case manager who has promised to do her best on my behalf.

The car will be back at the dealer Monday to get the bumper bar scratch repaired and while it is there my case manager will be doing what she needs to do to have the matter resolved.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #34
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Your post is confusing. If you read over what I have said carefully then the 'dealer' should absolutely get punished if it allows their staff to treat customers so badly.

I did not buy a used car from 'Habibs Motors Bankstown'. The guy I spoke to worked in a Ford dealership, this dealership has a service centre attached.

My invoice and receipt has Ford / FPV logos all over it.

ALL NEW FACTORY options were offered to me. I chose reverse sensors.

What we discussed was not me being a demanding SOB customer. I asked specific questions and that was the reply I was freely given. At no time did I twist or con screw what was being heard so that it suited me.

It is a shame that this behaviour is almost expected and tolerated. You should not need a team of lawyers or a hidden voice recorder available when buying a car. And a well known dealer should not be so blatantly misleading during the sales process to get the sale.

As for an update. The matter is in the hands of Ford CRC. I have a very sympathetic case manager who has promised to do her best on my behalf.

The car will be back at the dealer Monday to get the bumper bar scratch repaired and while it is there my case manager will be doing what she needs to do to have the matter resolved.
Thanks for taking the time to give us more detail and as you'll see the "better" advice followed.

I think 04redxr8's replies seem sensible and reasonable so I won't rehash them. Sadly in this age, if it's "not in writing it wasn't said" can occur.

Obviously not all dealers are the same and your experience will prepare you next time. Having been round the block myself when I bought a new cars in 2003, 2007 and 2008, I actually insisted on a mid week, morning pick-up, not Friday afternoon as they wanted. Dealerships are far less rushed at this time and if anything was wrong they had the rest of the week to fix it before i paid the balance. On pick up I arrived half an hour befor they asked me to and I did a walk around by myself before I rang the finance company to make the EFT, however I learned that 20 years ago and now you will have the gained that wisdom throughyour own experience.

Good luck with getting all finished to your satsfaction and more importantly you've actually bought a fabulous car which once experienced on a fun drive will fade away your buying dramas.

Safe motoring, cheers.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 05-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie
Why does being an AFF member mean someone is obviously savvy with cars?Who said the car was new? Where does it say he has an axe to grind? He had a bad experience and got over it. As for the rest, the op acknowledged they screwed up. Whats with the hell-for-leather at the dealer? Did you miss I do not want to 'name and shame' anyone

I don't understand the point of your last post either.

What dealer has been punished? Is it YOU?

If I have followed and remember the thread correctly, in essence, the op failed to get all promises in writing. As a verbal agreement, the dealership staff reportedly engaged in blantant lies subsequently screwing their customer.

The dealership staff represent the dealer. If the dealer is incapable of running their business including managing their staff, I would suggest they are in the wrong business. They should get help or get out.

A very simple concept: Screw your customers and you ultimately screw your business.

Where's flappist?
And this is what I also don't understand. If the dealer gave me what they said, they would have had a happy customer who would have returned to them over the next 5 years to get servicing and any other stuff that needs doing.

I work in an industry where 95% of my colleagues are female. I have lost count of the amount of people who have asked me on car model advice. I always try to lean them towards Ford and several have led to sales (both new and used). Had this gone well, the dealer would probably have scored a few more sales in the future.

I explained to the salesperson that this is the 5th Ford in our family, and that my first new car was a Festiva.

I didn't haggle over the last petty dollar, we came to a price agreement and I handed over 3 grand cash as deposit. Upon collection, I paid the balance in cash. Quick, easy transaction. Minimal fuss.

And I'm young. Do you think this is the last car I would buy??

And with what I have said above, am I the kind of customer a business doesn't need??

They could have easily given me what was promised. In the end of the day it wouldn't have cost them much more than what I have now, and it would have paid dividends for them in the future.

Lets see the outcome.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #36
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think two of "Yellow Festiva's" most important points are the referral/repeat business factors. Yes, the dealer wants the most he can get for the car, but a satisfied customer can be worth far more to him down the track than a few hundred dollars this time. In this case, he might not even get away with the pocket money, and I'd imagine Yellow Festiva will think twice before steering future business his way in the future, whether his own or colleagues'.

Makes bad business sense all around to stiff a customer.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post