Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #31
MAV50L
Banned

People just get too worked up over all sorts of crap these days.
See someone taking a leak on the side of the road? Quick take a picture of it , and hurry to publish it and the vehicles rego number on the internet.
Really who cares. If people are tards they are tards.
Society is turning into a bunch of old women who just cant mind their own business and have to gossip about everything.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV50L
People just get too worked up over all sorts of crap these days.
See someone taking a leak on the side of the road? Quick take a picture of it , and hurry to publish it and the vehicles rego number on the internet.
Really who cares. If people are tards they are tards.
Society is turning into a bunch of old women who just cant mind their own business and have to gossip about everything.
The great thing about opinions, they are like ****-holes, every one has one and most of them stink!
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
did you ring 000 and report them, if not, why not? I wouldn't have hesitated, and I would have let them see me do it.
"Hello 000 what is your emergency?"
"Uhh yeah there's some crazy youngins driving on the free way... With their feet hangin out the window! oh wait, oh, oh no he isn... Oh my god he just gave me the hang ten symbol!"
"..."
"Hello?"
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #34
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

131444 would be more appropriate. If the passenger only let them be. But when it's the driver I would also consider reporting to the police.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #35
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

We would probably get done for talking on the mobile phone instead.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Everyone has an opinion, its not based on any fact or science, but I'm certain mine is right!
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #37
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
"Hello 000 what is your emergency?"
"Uhh yeah there's some crazy youngins driving on the free way... With their feet hangin out the window! oh wait, oh, oh no he isn... Oh my god he just gave me the hang ten symbol!"
"..."
"Hello?"
I am exceptionally confident that 000 is the right one to call, and they would deal with it appropriately, as you see, the Police think that ******* driving like that is quite serious, even if others don't.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #38
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

passengers feet out window... meh (see it all the time).... driver in submariner/corpse position... well based on the number of times I've seen it up here, prolly meh by the constabulary ( funny story, saw a guy in a VL commodore driving in prone pozzy, so I got alongside him in my XD, made sure he was looking and wound the seat back to mimmick his buffoonery and then gave him two thumbs up from just above the lower window ledge... (he started throwing middle fingers at me like there's no tomorrow and shot off at like 95 in a 60 zone, lol.)... anyway, I reckon if you'd nabbed the plates and a piccy of what they were up to, surely you could get some satisfaction... Barring that it's just pointless ranting on a forum. So observe what they're doing, keep a safe distance and be prepared for the worst (preferably with a camera at the ready)... After all, have the final destination flicks taught us nothing about the inevitability of death's design
1970XW351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote mk3
We would probably get done for talking on the mobile phone instead.

As it said in the OP, His wife was driving, So he could of used phone as much as he wanted.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #40
sleek7

Just sounds like a bad batch from the gene pool...
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #41
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
No offence to the OP but it sounds like you've edited the event to make them sound like satans children >.<

Feet out the window is nothing, but if the driver was doing it, that's just bloody stupid :\

ALSO DEY WUZ DRIVUNG KOMODOR, THARFOR DEY IZ STOOPID
I didn't think to abuse the OP for commodore bashing just because he stated the car?
Stop trying to be so right wing everyone
Im sure if he said they where in a 180SX you all woulda flamed for rice bashing :\
No offence taken. But the event was not by any means edited.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #42
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
As it said in the OP, His wife was driving, So he could of used phone as much as he wanted.
Yeah, well i spent the next 30sec or so after the abuse (which couldn't be heard) and finger just in stunned disbelief that someone could be so stupid. Noticing the ...-GAG numberplates and thinking that if it wasn't so stupid it would be a gag / joke. It was then that i decided i probably should take a photo on my old phone (not to post here or to sell to ACA / TT either).

I thought it did but, it lost or didn't take some of the xmas photos of my young children either. Anyone else had an N95 that did this too?

So, without the photo and considering it had now been about 2mins i decided not to call 000. I was pretty certain on the car and the first 2 numbers and last 3 letters, but without proof they do very little. About 8 years ago, i called 000 after being run of the road on a bend at dusk/night by a car on the wrong side of the road on an s-bend. I took evasive action and went off the road onto a grassed area. I was referred to the PAL and it took 20 minutes before they returned the call.

I certainly wasn't going to ask my wife to speed up to try and follow them either to make a 'live' phone call to 000. I wanted them away from me and my family.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #43
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post