Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
and brags about stealing the car and to rub salt into the wound stole a BEANBAG from my house.
Forget the car, just sue her *** off for nicking the beanbag!!
Old 23-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
A few months back a friend stole my car.....
i would have screwed her into the wall at this point.. sue her for every penny she has in her worthless life
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 23-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #33
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Not pressing charges in the 1st place was a very good act, but may have been the problem since, good to see your giving a new life ago, not just staying in with the same old crap!
Old 23-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #34
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Forget the car, just sue her *** off for nicking the beanbag!!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 23-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of stupid suggestions here.

These others suggesting "revenge" and "breaking into her house" are silly. If he's caught, then he gets whacked by the system. Since his friend was a drug user, while he's a responsible member of society, chance is he'll be hit hard by the system which so constantly lets us down.

cs123 has it right. Walk away...the beanbag is lost, but she's gone. Beanbags can be bought.

Though I would have pressed charges for stealing my car (which is irrelevant), that is passed, and you're doing the right thing by heading in a completely different direction.

Let is be a lesson learned.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 23-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

sounds like a case of "let sleeping dogs lie". if her dads a bikie like you said, then perhaps knowing this should have been reason enough not to befriend her? that being said we all make mistakes for the purpose of learning from them. learn from this one by moving out of the town, and starting a new life. it sounds as if you have had a string of bad luck. and some dodgy friends. go make some new ones! enjoy what australia has to offer, because you only live once and lets face it, who wants to live with druggo friends who flog ish from ya?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 23-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #37
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would go down to the cop shop and tell it like it is - saying that you didn't initially press charges to give her a break, but it has been revealed to you that not only is she not remorseful for the act of stealing your car, she is bragging about it and you feel that unless she is punished for this instance, you feel it is likely she will repeat this behaviour to yourself or someone else and for these reasons you wish to press charges for the car theft.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 23-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #38
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Sounds like your GTA4 game has got a bug. I'd do a re-install and start with a new character.
That was a good one.

On subject, had the same sort of friend once, gave him a place to stay and when I said it was time to find a place of his own, he took some of my things we knew each other for 15yrs says alot. I don't associate with him anymore but I do see his brother once a month, different guy all together, generous, has his head screwed on right etc. It is funny how after having teased and ridiculed him most his life, it was him and I who wound up being really good mates. Had another guy who stole 1200 from me, let's just say as I was in my youth I stupidly threatened him and ended up having thre cops come round and chat to me. To this day he owes me 1200 from 4 years ago and I see him from time to time, but I just shrug my shoulders and say "**** happens" sorry I wandered off then.

Anyway as I said I see the guy no more and that is the best thing. Threats, revenge etc are just stupid things that in the long run will make you feel guilty, not to mention may land you in the poo. Just forget about it mate and move on I say.
Old 23-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #39
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

First, just move on. Dont add more fuel to the fire. If she is doing drugs her brain will be fried in no time at all and then the person becomes even more unreliable. Just ONE acid trip and it takes your brain 7 years to recover from one dose, you dont need to be friends with people who are making their brain look like swiss cheese, and yes I have seen enough of these brain scans to know what I'm on about.
Take it easy and slide on...
Old 23-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #40
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

chuck a bag of pills in her car boot, if she has one, then call the cops on her. Get your revenge then head into your new life. People that do bad by others should get a taste of thier own medicine, maybe some electrical activity still exists in her brain and she will realise not to stuff around like she did. Maybe letting things go might be the better way but in my opinion letting the ones off who do bad by us is a plain joke. This is how you become a soft pot and word gets round, next thing you know people know they can walk all over you in a heartbeat cause you will just "let it go". Once again this is my opinion and I hope no one tries to start another e-battle
Old 23-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #41
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Wow my brain will still be recovering long after i'm dead if it take 7yrs from one trip
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Old 23-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #42
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
.....leave her a suprise in her bed.....
do you mean a horse's head?

move on man, cut the loses you can buy another bean bag, you cant buy another kidney or arm if you make the situation worse

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 23-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #43
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't know why they don't get rid of drugs it messes too many people up.
I dont know why family/friends protect these clowns from themselves.
Old 23-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #44
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
Wow my brain will still be recovering long after i'm dead if it take 7yrs from one trip
I believe that drugs were meant, not a holiday! :voldar02: e

Like a lot have said, start a new chapter in your life and enjoy the new direction!
Old 24-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #45
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

Thumbs up

that sucks....all you can do is forgot about it...at least now you know who your real friends....the most important question is, how bad did she hurt ur ride?....doin that to a friend is real low, i hope karma comes around and strikes her for it...i mean you hear stories about ex's pulling of stunts like that but from a mate, thats jst poor form...im glad to hear that your turning a new page, i hope things work out for u mate!
Old 24-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #46
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have had her charged her from the get go. Real friends don't pull that crap mate. I'd say your window for legal options has well and truly closed so I'd just up her stuff :
Old 24-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #47
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Talk to the CLEVO MAFIA and get her clipped.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 24-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #48
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Ummm,,,,
In NSW (and I'd bet the rest of the country) you or I dont press charges, once a crime is reported to police, THEY press charges, and as such you cannot "withdraw" charges, you are just a witness or informant..

This is not the USA or what you see on tv..

Something not quite right about this story, as I cant see the NSW police "just dropping" a stolen car offense just like that, at the very least someone would be charged..
Old 24-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #49
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Sleekism, it sounds like you've got a good plan for changing your life and I commend you for that.

I am 44 now and I see a lot of "friend acquiring" that doesn't jive with the way we did it in my day. I have 3 kids and though one of them has done stellar at choosing her friends the other two have not.

It is not enough to meet someone that seems nice and they like you, or even that you hit it off well. You both need to have the same values and morals. If you two are not compatible at your core (deep values) then you are both headed towards a huge clash, or a degrading of your values if you hang with druggie types and such.

Friends are people that share the same values you do, have the same sense of morality and goals for themselves. The goals don't necessarily need to be the same goals, just that they have goals and are not idley waiting around for something to happen. Basically, they are at the same "level" of a member of society as you. You take care of your own dealings, provide for yourself, you choose not to complicate your life by intentionally breaking the law or playing games with people.......your friends should be like this too.

Now you've seen the other side of this. Take it as a learning exercise, acknowledge what you've learned, and make the change you have planned. Hopefully along your new road you will meet people like yourself that you will take on as great and true friends.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Old 24-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #50
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Ummm,,,,
In NSW (and I'd bet the rest of the country) you or I dont press charges, once a crime is reported to police, THEY press charges, and as such you cannot "withdraw" charges, you are just a witness or informant..

This is not the USA or what you see on tv..

Something not quite right about this story, as I cant see the NSW police "just dropping" a stolen car offense just like that, at the very least someone would be charged..
Was waiting for someone to catch on to that....

If the Police "caught" someone in this circumstance they would want there pound of flesh no matter whether you wanted to drop charges or not....

You would need a good excuse, and some pretty understanding coppers, to not charge the person reporting the theft with waisting Police resorces....

'

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 24-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #51
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have always thought of it this way. You hang with , you get !
Old 24-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #52
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I have always thought of it this way. You hang with , you get !
That sounds like a good deal. I have plenty of ,'s and need more !'s. I'm in! (look, got my first one already)
Old 24-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #53
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
That sounds like a good deal. I have plenty of ,'s and need more !'s. I'm in! (look, got my first one already)
:

Stupid swear filter. You hang with crap, you get crap!
Old 24-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #54
MRTT33
Starter Motor

you Should've Kicked Her *** And Then Pressed Charges... Bet U Regret It Now!!!!!!!
Old 27-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #55
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
I thought I would be a good christain and not press charges
followed by

Quote:
her dads a bikie
dunno about Christianity playing a role in your decision. Unless you count some form of Fear Of God <tm> embodied in a leather jacket :P
Old 27-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #56
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

typical has boobs so thinks she can walk all over guys some mongrel bloke will use/abuse her don't worry karma has a way of getting people regardless of who their relatives are. Kudos for deciding to trim the crap from your life I wish you luck in finding better friends in the future and not falling into the same social circle in a different location.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 28-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #57
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well atleast you have a ducati to look forward to.. mmmmm..

good on ya for gettin away from all that junk, everyone's had to deal with druggo's - atleast you weren't having to do CPR on someone you've never met who o/ded although thats a bit different..

if she keeps on with acid she's gonna turn into a vegetable eventually.. forget her and move on mate! good luck
Old 28-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think this thread has run its course....

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Closed Thread