Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #31
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Thats your choice and good on you, but why you would buy a product that was inferior is beyond me.. The only thing the VZ does better then the BF is it has a digital speedo...
ha my ef has sigital speedo, infact digital everything and its stock

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
Old 21-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
What does a VZ Executive do better then a BF XT, please answer that.
i think the holden got better standard equipment for the same price.
as for the six, well even us holden blokes arnt happy hence the V8 option.
and ford have always been slow with the new gadget's/teck.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
i think the holden got better standard equipment for the same price.
as for the six, well even us holden blokes arnt happy hence the V8 option.
and ford have always been slow with the new gadget's/teck.
It had nothing over an XT...

They both come with ABS, Cruise control, power front windows, CD player, trip computer, auto headlights..

The XT has 16 inch wheels, the ICC which is way easier to use, better windscreen wiper settings, better motor, sports shift auto.. the list goes on and on..
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #34
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

I rekon this threads alright, gives us an oppertunity to discuss ford "affordable" opposition, for those looking at updating to the 06/07 large car range, both good and bad points are being made here about the VZ and the BF, and i feel it may be giving some perspective on which way to lean and what to look out for in terms of gadgetry and features, as well as ride comfortability and power levels..

It's obvious that you loath the VZ and thats absulutly fine, i don't think people should have an issue with that and need to accept you're oppinion, but in turn you need to respect theirs aswell, some people like the VZ, it's all a matter of personal taste, and some people (myself included) don't care about what extra features it has, lol, people like some cars and hate others, the VZ is a car that i happen to like, and thats only after driving it, before that i would never had considered one.. people need to have their right to opinion too
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 21-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #35
burnz
VFII SS UTE

speed sensing wiper's, heated mirror's, electric seat's
Old 21-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
speed sensing wiper's, heated mirror's, electric seat's

Wtf??

Neither have heated mirrors, both have 4 way power seat... (which works the same way).

Only the XT has speed sensing wipers, the VZ had none.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #37
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my el ghia has speed sensetive wipers and power steering, whoopdey doo.
but what I will give the vy commodes, is they are better on fuel then the ba. (tank for tank, please let me know what the capacity of both are lol)

Felcen!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #38
burnz
VFII SS UTE

heated mirror's an option on base model.
VX onward speed sensing wipers standard.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr
my el ghia has speed sensetive wipers and power steering, whoopdey doo.
but what I will give the vy commodes, is they are better on fuel then the ba. (tank for tank, please let me know what the capacity of both are lol)
did your EL come with irs
Old 21-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #40
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they also had cup holders that worked too didnt they?

Felcen!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
heated mirror's an option on base model.
VX onward speed sensing wipers standard.
you better double check..

no speed sensing wipers on the VZ i drove today,, and i know what they look like coz our VE has the same stalks which has them... I was looking for them because it was raining this morning..
Old 21-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #42
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey guys,
My question is however how the hell did the VY / VZ outsell Ford?? Like seriously, this car is slower at every speed, from a stand still you gun it and it has to rev its nuts off to get to 5,500 rpm, at 60 kms an hour you boot it and it doesnt drop a gear, just struggles its rear end off (no torque).
That's an easy one. Ford sales persons are the best friends holden have.
The terri was the first ford I have owned and I had to practically drag a ford salesman down and convince him to sell me one. (slight exaggeration but you get the point). Holden salespersons know their cars, know ALL the features of the car they are selling and most importantly know what options are available and what they do. Not the case with ford in my experience.
Mind you I am talking in general here, and basing only on my experience but I think that may have a large reason as I have heard others have the same opinions.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #43
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
did your EL come with irs
NO WAY, and if it did, the car wouldnt be sitting in the garage.

You want cruddy tyre wear from a poorly designed independant rear suspension setup, thats your deal. No thanks from me, I'll give ford something, at least the control blade dosen't chew tyres like the bad old vt haha

Felcen!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #44
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Mine has Heated Mirrors? (VZ that is) and Speed Sensing Wippers? slow, medium and fast :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 21-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #45
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
you better double check..

no speed sensing wipers on the VZ i drove today,, and i know what they look like coz our VE has the same stalks which has them... I was looking for them because it was raining this morning..
the first three setting on itermitent are speed sensing.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #46
JC260

Quote:
Hey guys,

I was unlucky enough to score a MY06 VZ Wagon today, the car was a late 06 / early 07 build (didnt check the plate), had 9000 kms on it and it was dirty dirty..

Neways what a POS!!! It would have to be the worse car I have driven in the last 4 years.. In comparison to the BA / BF Falcons ive driven it was slow, rough, and damn underbraked!!! The quality of the interior was bad (the VE is better)..

My question is however how the hell did the VY / VZ outsell Ford?? Like seriously, this car is slower at every speed, from a stand still you gun it and it has to rev its nuts off to get to 5,500 rpm, at 60 kms an hour you boot it and it doesnt drop a gear, just struggles its rear end off (no torque).

Overall i would rate this car a 3 / 10 in comparison to 6.5 / 10 for the last BF MKII XT i drove..

Disgraceful, i feel sorry for the people who actually thought / think the Vy / VZ was a good car, and even more so those who bought one.
I have driven one of these also and couldn't agree with you more. The interior was just cheap and nasty (my old EF Futura was better quality IMO), it was underpowered and under-braked as well.

While yes, I agree with people that say it's by no means a performance car, it is still a big wagon & therefore should be able to carry a full load, plus passengers with relative ease.
It struggles to do this most basic function, for which it was designed.

In a nutshell, it's crap.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
Old 21-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #47
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
NO WAY, and if it did, the car wouldnt be sitting in the garage.

You want cruddy tyre wear from a poorly designed independant rear suspension setup, thats your deal. No thanks from me, I'll give ford something, at least the control blade dosen't chew tyres like the bad old vt haha
yeah no canber adjust on VT unlike ealier and later model's
Old 21-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #48
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Mine has Heated Mirrors? (VZ that is) and Speed Sensing Wippers? slow, medium and fast :
when using rear demister mirror aswell.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #49
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd also rather the less weight and componentry wear associated with the extra parts in the independent suspension.

the wagons got irs in the commodores, which looks funny along with the utes when carrying a load the wheels pitch in towards the car. yech

Felcen!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #50
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
I'd also rather the less weight and componentry wear associated with the extra parts in the independent suspension.

the wagons got irs in the commodores, which looks funny along with the utes when carrying a load the wheels pitch in towards the car. yech
VT/BA with irs simply handle better and launches better than live axel.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:49 PM   #51
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as the driveline and suspension refinement goes,the bf is miles ahead of the vy/vz and is on equal terms with the ve,for starters as mentioned in a previous post,the transmissions in the holdens are shocking(i reckon i could have a smoko break in between gear shifts) while the torqueless v6's do not help and couldn't tow a 2x4 trailer without revving it's tits off.

Maybe i'm biased but i hate the way vy/z commodore's drive,crashy suspension,cheap interior and crap dynamics do not interest me one bit.

long live the 4.0 dohc i6.

josh
Old 21-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #52
El Sucio

Took a VE Omga 4spd slusher for a drive the other day, into and out of the city.

No sh!t, worst driving experience I have had in a long time. Worse than my EF. COnstantly horrid grinding sound coming from the transmission at approx 70km/h when I gave it half throttle to get through a yellow light, overtake, etc. It refused to go up to third to make life easier. I couldn't wait to get back into my AU XR6. It's a real shame as I am sure these cars should be designed for the conditions they spend most of their time in (semi busy conditions, 70km/h, etc).

I rate highly Holden's higher end products, their 5 & 6 speed V8's, the calais and the SS. However the lower spec cars will never see my hard earned dollars. I'll stick to jap or Fords below 40K.

My 2c

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike supercharged)
2014 Ford Ranger XLT
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)
2005 BA Mk 2 Fairmont Ghia V8
2012 FG Mk 2 XR6T

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
Old 21-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #53
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn straight the V6's are bad.

A guy I know has a VN and at idle I feel like I'm sitting on a blender.
Old 21-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #54
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR

tell him to put an 8 in it.
blender PMSL
Old 22-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #55
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when you can get a 1.9 second 60 foot time from an open centre diff live axle car then yeah.
yes, they do handle better, especially corners where bumps would otherwise upset a live axle car.
horses for courses really, I enjoy the long life I get from my tyres, the ride in the cars are pretty comfortable especially on the ghia.
380,000km tends to roughen up things on the other car however it still rides well for its age and life its had.

back on topic, if I were to be in the market for a wagon, I would go a falcon one on the fact that its a proven drivetrain with durability built into it. I did price a new one, however I walked away laughing when told it would be in excess of 40k "buy a territory he said"

lol.
no thanks.

Felcen!
Old 22-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #56
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I must agree with the OP, the Alloytech V6 leaves a fair bit to be desired.
I was unlucky enough to get one as an upgrade from a rental co. As has been described it was gutless unless revved hard and even then, torque was barely noticable.
I can honestly say it had nowhere near as much useable poke as my BA XT.

I was talking my brother-inlaw today who recently bought a 07 VE. he took it to get gas put on it as he found it very heavy on fuel and apparently the gas fitter said if he was towing anything moderately heavy (he has a small camper type trailer proberbly 800kg loaded) over any significant distance then not to put gas on the 3.6l engine as they are finding piston failure in low k examples.
He didn't go into any more detail but the gas fitter wouldn't gaurantee the job as he was reluctant to do it.
Old 22-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #57
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR

3.8 buick motor was a bit old. 3.6 completly diffrent ride to the old VN
Old 22-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #58
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

A lot of the sales probaly has to do with company fleet buyers. My company has switched to GM world wide. Used to be Ford. Some bloke in the UK got a good deal with Vauxhall, now its company policy and our CEO gets a "please explain" if we get a non GM car. I saw it coming years ago and had Ford XR written in my contract. They tryed it on, tryed to force my into a red machine. I told HR I owned 9 Ford Cars (excluding the wifes Fairmont Ghia and my company BA XR), 8 Ford trucks and 3 Ford tractors, I dont do GM, its a lifestyle thing. They where not happy when I told them I would take legal action if they broke my contract. FG XR ute is now on order. Guess the MD is sending the please explain this week.

I am sure a lot of people dont get that choice.
Old 22-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #59
burnz
VFII SS UTE

8 ford truck's powerd by GM, cummin's, cat.
Old 22-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #60
Shounak

Who bloody cares. Without any bias, these are my opinions.

BA>VY/VZ
VT>AU
LS1>Windsor

I could go and compare every model, but Holden/Ford both win some and lose some. I'd agree that the VY/VZ are a pack of useless motors shat all over by the Fords. But Holden have won certain other models where Fords are lacking.

Jeez, both are brilliant bulletproof RWD's. I'm lucky I get to choose between two high quality cars. The better model gets my money, regardless of red/blue. If only more people thought like that, it's a car manufacturer, not an identity.

Closed Thread