Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #31
No Judge
That's Numberwang!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS 50
I've had my TS50 called a Fairmont with a body kit aswell.
I think Nathan will agree with me here, isnt that a compliment?? :

FAIRMONT GHIA: SO GOOD, THEY NAMED THEY NEW FALCON AFTER 'EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ausome
Nah the roads to high, your car can never be to low lol
No Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #32
northy16
silver SR

Cockroach-- thats what a guy at work calls my AU...I say he is right...will last through a nuclear war
northy16 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #33
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no I just know the base crummydore POS engine is still based on the engine Buick said was so bad we will sell the tooling to holden cheap they have made changes but the base engine is still the POS buick engine
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #34
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Well i think this thread has run it's course....perhaps you should all get back on topic or say nothing.
Old 28-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #35
fordAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC-302
but what really pi55es me off when he starts to talk about the AU's V8Supercar history, low race wins, low round wins, No championships and NO BATHURST WINs in 4+ years of competition. :
There are many who are under the illusion that a V8 Supercar is based on their road Falcon/Commo, the only thing they share is the shape of the shell.

Some clown I work with was telling me that the LS1 race motor in the current championship is better than the Boss race motor, the idiot, then again he drives a Commodore so no surprises. :hihi:

I guess that old saying is true, win Sunday, sell Monday.
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #36
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

People get cut when i walk away and have the last laugh and tell them you have know idea
Old 28-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #37
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
Just tell them that in Germany they use Mercedes and BMWs as taxis - because taxi owners know what's reliable and what isn't...
i wouldnt call either of those reliable....euro crap they use them as cabs cause there cheap over there....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #38
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do get a little defensive when people have a stab at me for buying an AU falcon. But that's just me not wanting to go through buyers remorse ;)
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

Honestly Ive had more people give me positive comments on the ute than negative ones
Old 29-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #40
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Yes but its a UTE .....

Down here we even have a of them new .V.W. wagon's and a heap of BAs now ... they where using Toyota's but they did not last long ... wearing out a set of tyres in 15,000km so they bought some BA's and got them resprayed and using them now.
Old 29-10-2007, 01:51 AM   #41
LOWAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
i wouldnt call either of those reliable....euro crap they use them as cabs cause there cheap over there....
Bullcrap, mercs and BMWs are really reliable, they mostly use diesels as cabs and everyone knows that they usually outlast a petrol engine. They are quality cars and are much better built then our domestic cars. I would love to see how long an aussie car lasts in the snow with all that salt that is pourd on the roads and sub zero temps.

Anyway back to topic, my mates hang on me all the time by calling my car a cab but its a forte on gas so I guess it they have a valid argument there, hehehe
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #42
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Well ive got an E-gas AU. First thing people say when they here ive got an LPG AU if they havent seen it- 'oh is it an ex-taxi' - arrrgh.

Then when they see it its usually thats a very nice looking car- I usually have it pretty clean and it isnt white (taxis here are white). Iam also personally guilty of calling my own car a taxi, particularly when mates rock up in Turbo Liberty or 200SX.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #43
LOWAU

The only thing I can say when trying to get my mates back is "I fill up at 50c a litre, how much so you fill up a" they mostly drive performance cars that need 98octane so they shut up pretty quick after that, haha.
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #44
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Judge
I think Nathan will agree with me here, isnt that a compliment?? :
too true ... you should feel honoured too have your car refered to as such a lovely and fine automobile

: :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #45
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
no I just know the base crummydore POS engine is still based on the engine Buick said was so bad we will sell the tooling to holden cheap they have made changes but the base engine is still the POS buick engine
errrrr..... Brett..... I think he said "VL".... Nissan engine....
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #46
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

IDGAF what ppl think of my car, I notice most of the ppl who would give negative comments are usually uneducated boguns who own crap anyway or would have a prestige car only for the badge and their biggest driving challenge would be maccas drive through !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #47
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Whats it matter... it's a car.

My brother enjoys baiting his neighbour who has an XR6 and refers to it as "the XR6".... "gotta move the XR6" or "jeez, the XR6 is looking dirty" etc etc.

Much to his neighbours chagrin my brother just refers to it as a "Falcon". Neighbour used to correct him but has given it away as too difficult a task.

Which reminds me.... I've got to get get some fuel in the Fairmont Ghia...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #48
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

"It's an AU? Wasn't there something wrong with them?"

I haven't had the taxi comment, although I have had references made to the longevity and reliability of them as demonstrated by use as taxis, which can only be inferred as a good thing.

The jibing I get is from the old man who keeps telling me to trade it in. So far in the time of ownership dad's changed cars three times, and mum twice. The AU soldiers on.
Old 29-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #49
bf tubs

well round my place there is a green vy ss as a taxi very interesting choice imo
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #50
LPGUTE

yes i used to get bag out when i 1st got my ute. my friends said lolz it a taxi with out the back sits...i was sad for a while but now i think the AU look nice. lolz my friends have a AWD liberty, and the other have a magna. after they saw my car did a burn out they went quiet( did u say burn out no no no i mean sell out...)

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #51
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
... some jerk refers to your AU in a derogatory manner by calling it a "taxi"?

I know that when I first bought mine I jokingly told all my mates I'd just bought a new taxi. And if someone wants to joke with me about it I'm quite happy to do so ... nothing wrong with a bit of jibing for fun.

However I get really p!ssed off with the bogans who don't even know the first thing about AUs and they start putting sh!t on it because it's "just a taxi"!

I enjoy informing them that the AU taxi spelt the death-knell for Commodore taxis all around the country. BECAUSE the AU was simply the most reliable and cheapest taxi to operate. Thousands of taxi-drivers can't be wrong. And, if the most reliable car in the country happens to be the basis on which my T-Series was built, then I'm pretty happy with that.
It gets to a stage in life where I expect an endless life of meeting nice people and rude people. With this expectation I have developed selective deafness. You wont believe how therapeutic it can be to not listen to crap from idiots.
I have mowed down alot of holden commies and I can guarantee you that they never tell anyone. What do I care at the end of the day it doesn't always pay the bills.Unless I keep winning best reaction time...heheh

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #52
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

No, because all my cars are, will be or were taxis anyway

I put a set of mags on my private car just so it doesn't look too taxi-ish
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #53
chief
FTF Club Moderator

There are a few AU owners on here that also owns wagons. How is a falcon a performance car when its based on a taxi, let along a wagon? Get told that a few times. Then they see the Brembos and realise something is different.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #54
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

i get a few people refer to mine as the taxi
i suppose its the numbers on the windscreen that gives it away
i feel mighty proud when they see my car and say 'did that used to be a cab? gee it looks good!'. A good respray, full chroming and big fairmont wheels help.
Old 30-10-2007, 11:58 PM   #55
Night

Well I own an AU fairmont and a VT Calais and I couldn't care less what anyone calls either of them! Down here in adelaide we have quite a few commo taxis along with falcon, the occasional toyota and if your really lucky a Mitsi! I always suspected most taxi owners bought the cheapest car and I thought the ford was cheaper than the holden.

Not taking sides here but my Calais probably has been a little bit more reliable than my Fairmont. My calais has been treated like crap all it's life but my fairmont has been looked after and has done less klms so make up your own mind, could be just luck. I do like both cars but in standard form my calais was nicer to drive. Now though they have both had a few mods and are just as good as each other. Again I could care less if it's holden or ford so have a pot shot at me if you like but I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

Oh one last thing though. I found a major difference in one area when i comes to holden v ford, The holden forum has alot more D...Heads on it than here. Don't even get me started on that!
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #56
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
i get a few people refer to mine as the taxi
i suppose its the numbers on the windscreen that gives it away
i feel mighty proud when they see my car and say 'did that used to be a cab? gee it looks good!'. A good respray, full chroming and big fairmont wheels help.
PICTURES!!!! :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #57
theboss290
FPV GT

Does this look like a F U K N Taxi !!

I think not!
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #58
T-Pak Addict
Jim

I'm proud that mines called a TAXI.... cos it was!!! 813,000Kays still with the original engine! Love peoples reaction when they see the speedo! its priceless.

When I bought it.

As it is now.

I picked this up off Ebay drove it from Melbourne to Adelaide then drove it straight to get its inspection for SA rego. Even liked the inspector, he put on a little note on the sheet "note engine number" cos both engine/body numbers matched.

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 06:18 AM   #59
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
Does this look like a F U K N Taxi !!

I think not!
HAHAHA no..... it has a few less kays than mine. LOL
sorry Dan but thats one clean looking Taxi, People would pay you for a ride in the beast tho LOL

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #60
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Falcon 99
HAHAHA no..... it has a few less kays than mine. LOL
sorry Dan but thats one clean looking Taxi, People would pay you for a ride in the beast tho LOL
LOL I love my Black taxi
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post