Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Stupid Question - Why do user "blank" out their number plates?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering (& I think this is the best place to ask this) why is it that some people blank out their number plates after taking photos of their car?? I have racked my brain trying to come up with why & I cant. Usually after a few weeks, the answer will just pop into my head, But nothing.

I just cant see why. Sure there might be a few thousand white EB XR6 falcons (as an example) around, but being a member of an online forum such as this, if your the social type, your car will become recognizable through its build thread, AFF event, club event, Ford day, or seeing that same car in the same area, time upon time, upon time again. & Its the only one with THOSE wheels/wing/bumpers/sticker/grille/exhaust note/number plate (such as a personalised one) or all of the above. If its a case of privacy, then its best not to photograph it........

As for taking photos of someone else's car. Well I have blanked out the plate, its not my car, & due to that, not my right to display its number plate.....

Other than that, I am a little perplexed as to why this happens. Maybe im just having a blonde moment. (Well more than a moment, the question has been around awhile).

Cheers,
BBII

/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post