Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford Focus Culled to 3 Models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
i get the "hunting bigger profits" comment that keeps getting flung about but given the amount of new rangers & mustangs sitting in the ford employee carpark i have to wonder how many are really being sold at full price, I do agree though that it would be nice to have a intro level model that's more at the affordable end especially atm when money is tight & people are cautious re spending where they need too,
Price & reputation must be having a impact on the new focus
It's just not on people's radars, nothing in those segments were last month because
most of those buyers finance their vehicles and without income security, there's no sales.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #32
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not so sure
May sales.
Lets say rental car companies were not buying and fleet buying was light on due to virus.
Focus competitors
Corolla 1626
Hyundai 1 30 -Elantra 1191
Mazda 3 1052
VW Golf 742
Kia Cerato 842

Focus sold 167 I think. All the above competitors have models above priced below Focus Trend. So Ford have either a higher (German) manufacture cost making their sale price high.
Or they are chasing profit at expense of sales.
Focus later this year will start with Active /ST Line and ST. Kia Cerato Gt is much the same price as Focus ST Line with a more powerful and torquey motor.
I would still buy the Focus but the gap is narrowing.
And if you look at SUV,s again all these companies have models cheaper than Ford and accordingly are selling higher volumes.
Ford are walking away from customers in the 18k -40k market.
The incremental value to Ford Europe of Ford AU selling their product is tiny but could be much better.
Once the branches (Ford AU Euro sales)start falling off the Ford Europe tree the tree must start to wither.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
The base model Focus Trend is about 28.5k on the road. This model (Trend) is being withdrawn. Leaving Focus active and ST line at currently 32.5k on road.
The cheapest Fords will be at least 32.5k. The new incoming Puma small SUV with a 1 litre 92kw 3 cylinder motor will be 33k odd on road.
But you can go to Kia Hyundai Mazda Toyota Skoda VW to name a few and buy sub 25k cars.
There is no affordable entry level Ford.
I saw the original comment and thought? No, that can't be right? NOTHING under $30k.

But alas all correct.

With such a large global inventory to draw from there how can they have so few options for Australian buyers?

No Ka? No Fiesta? No entry level Focus to battle against Cerato, i30 and Corolla??

The compact and small car segment is still very strong. Why not try to claw back some market share?

They need something to get people through the doors - the SUV / Ute model is great for income but what about the other segments?

Need a $15,990 compact / city car, $20,990 basic small car and $25,990 mid spec small car.

$31k for a Focus? That's Corolla Hybrid money, or small Korean SUV money with change.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ford is already waving the white flag with Focus, sales from remaining models will be chicken feed.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #35
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably been done to death, but I wonder how things would have panned out if they kept the Laser badge instead of switching to Focus. I remember the botched launch in 2002 and they never really got going after that,
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #36
minheim

I wonder if vacating the budget end of the market will bite Ford in the future. If a young buyer gets a cheap reliable new car will they (or their parents) stick with that brand as they age and can afford a higher spec car. I think they may in many cases. Also they may influence friends.

I bought my ecoboost escape as I wanted a gutsy engine and a traditional auto and I got a good price on a titanium drive away. So I guess I am a bit of a niche buyer in the general mass SUV market. If performance wasn't a consideration I would have have bought a Mitsubishi eclipse cross. I have owned a few Mitsubishi cars (and falcons and a laser) and what got me first looking more at Mitsubishi was buying a mirage for my daughter and it having no issues followed by a cj lancer for her. The mirage brand new was a great buy compared to used car prices on older recent small cars and had 5 years wararnty) She had no warranty claims in her years of ownership and the cars were cheap to maintain. I had the same experience with a 380 and then a lancer GSR (daughter now has my GSR and me her 2009 RX lancer as a shopping trolley second car).

Ford are never going to be a prestige brand. They have a bit of a performance edge and work house edge but if Ranger fails what can they go to for profit and sales. I fear that they are losing a generation of young buyers they may never recover and will bite them in the future big time.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #37
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There haven't been many topics on the Laser here on AFF - from all accounts it was a runaway success in the 1980s, and built here as well (Brisbane?)

In the 90's there were AWD versions too I think!

Anyone know more?
Old 09-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #38
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Some here may be old enough to remember a Fairlane. What happened with that ?
Similarly, while the Holden Sportwagon was selling heaps with model variations, all you could get from Ford at the time was a plain-burger Falcon wagon, no onions, tomatoes or sauce, ( or even a side order of fries with it ).
Choice of models and equipment level is possibly the main reason Hyundai and Kia are doing so well currently. I don't think Ford design, engineering and reliability are credible selling points anymore.

I remember seeing a new, fully kitted AU Fairmont V8 wagon, in black, towing a fellow's caravan on his retirement lap - that's nearly 20 years ago. Staggering to think it's 20 years since FOA marketed the Falcon wagon fully. Holden did well right up to the end with base/Sports/lux mix for the Sportwagon. As said before, Territory was excellently timed and launched and probably took a few of the high end wagon sales, but...

...Many of the 2002 retirees went on to buy a 100 series V8 or two, then three or so 200 Series V8's to tow round Oz for the Lap. Oh what a Feeling $$$

Last edited by Sprintey; 09-06-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
There haven't been many topics on the Laser here on AFF - from all accounts it was a runaway success in the 1980s, and built here as well (Brisbane?)

Anyone know more?
Laser, Meteor and Telstar sedan were built at Homebush, the TX5 was built in Japan by Mazda.
My 83 TX5 and 85 Laser S botht bough new were the best build quality I saw in local small Ford's.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #40
Mainforcepatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post

Anyone know more?
I think the AWD version was the Laser TX3 Turbo if i recall.
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #41
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Lazers were GOLD

We had a KB Lazer Ghia , 1.5 & 5 speed.. had a beautiful interior, plenty of space, and when pushed was like a little rally car, aunt still has her KC ? i think (1986) lazer ghia which has not missed a beat & is still a local run about, cousin still has her Lazer TX3 turbo although its a 1 owner untouched garage queen now,

These cars were reliable, fun unlike the reputation Focus has earnt in the past few years (excluding ST / RS)

First TX3 was about 1986 ? & only came in the 3 door hatch, 2nd version had the turbo 4 wheel drive option which went on in to the newer wedge shaped lazers of the early 1990's before being dropped for the last of the Lazer series.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #42
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yep Homebush built, used to pass the place many times.
I had a new Laser KA S and then updated to the KB S when came out for the dealer used to do sports packs, larger aftermarket rims/tyres,flared gaurds/sunroof etc.....
In French Blue I couldn't resist.
Used drive it like I was in a rally lol......especially nice National Park twisty roads, you could stick up the butt of anything with heaps more power they handled that well.
Sorry they fell apart once you turned over 100thou k's, everything got looser/rattles etc but what the heck by then it was time to flip.

The TX3 was a brilliant quick hatch - that was even more fun.

Ford have given up this ground long ago, sad for Fiesta/Focus should be battling with the main players but Ford just don't want to fight anymore, they have given up - quoting that line of low volume more margin.
Well your getting 2/5ths of F all, I'm sure your not banking ROI at these numbers.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #43
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
yep Homebush built, used to pass the place many times.
I had a new Laser KA S and then updated to the KB S when came out for the dealer used to do sports packs, larger aftermarket rims/tyres,flared gaurds/sunroof etc.....
In French Blue I couldn't resist.
Used drive it like I was in a rally lol......especially nice National Park twisty roads, you could stick up the butt of anything with heaps more power they handled that well.
Sorry they fell apart once you turned over 100thou k's, everything got looser/rattles etc but what the heck by then it was time to flip.

The TX3 was a brilliant quick hatch - that was even more fun.

Ford have given up this ground long ago, sad for Fiesta/Focus should be battling with the main players but Ford just don't want to fight anymore, they have given up - quoting that line of low volume more margin.
Well your getting 2/5ths of F all, I'm sure your not banking ROI at these numbers.

The SA Focus Trend grille looks fxxxg horrible. The car looks unbalanced front on ok side ok rear on. The grille on the Active/St line looks good.
Maybe Trend has been dropped because its ugly and there is only so many you can register and use as workshop loan cars.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #44
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

This is disappointing for Ford dealers and owners.

They are moving to the Ranger Mustang car company pretty rapidly.

Endura will be next.

Its basically too dear for Ford to bring product into Australia these days and compete. Sad but true, will Ford survive here long term?
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #45
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I know its a captive audience but the posts above about the Laser are proof that while the Focus may have been a superior car it was just to much for the market thats driven by price.

Holden went with Daewoo and for the most part they got some sales, even if they were rubbish, which was lucky because if they were half decent they could of done much better.

Bit sad, Focus deserved better but being EU based at the start hurt even is quality wise it was better.

Ford have also always tried to take the engineering high road but the reality is many in the segment dont appreciate or know the difference.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #46
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I know its a captive audience but the posts above about the Laser are proof that while the Focus may have been a superior car it was just to much for the market thats driven by price.

Holden went with Daewoo and for the most part they got some sales, even if they were rubbish, which was lucky because if they were half decent they could of done much better.

Bit sad, Focus deserved better but being EU based at the start hurt even is quality wise it was better.

Ford have also always tried to take the engineering high road but the reality is many in the segment dont appreciate or know the difference.
Very true. No point making drivers cars when they majority of people think garbage cars are good because they are cheap.

Just look at the Mitsubishi ASX for example. It's the oldest car in it's segment, drives worse than all it's competitors, yet it's the 1st or 2nd highest seller. People buy it solely on price.

Ford just can't compete in those segments. They are better off just sticking to the segments where price isn't the main reason people buy. Dual cabs and performance vehicles. Either that or get realistic with their pricing, if they can still make a profit of course.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #47
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Sorry I don't just buy the German made EU currency exchange difference.
The euros can do it - yes don't tell me its the people badge buying the point is they once never were in these small markets and got sick of seeing the usual suspects clean up and knew as long as you had a price pointed product with good sales service your in the ball game ! and that they have done, their low end small hatch offerings is crap imo barring the top end sports versions.
Christ better off buying a Maz3 even a garbage rolla for eg...
As for Ford, they have been walking away from segments for years and years, long before these recent times and factory closure.
Station wagons, limos ie Lane's/LTD's, let the opposition take what they once had, yep they didn't keep up with the times (why,because Detroit gave up on here long long before factory closure annoucement) but they have trained the consumer - look nothing here for you to buy !
Turned our beloved into a offshore Nth America, pick ups and Mustangs ! and doing reverse what they should have done long ago, offer a premium product/high end dollar ROI, why didn't they stratergise this method long ago ?!
FFS its sad I'm sorry it hurts me.
I see some posts that really pi$$ me off for all you do is excuse the downfall.

Why is it Euro brands can grow and grow, MB is nearly like the Toy company in Range !
Bimmer/Audi not far behind, Range.
Koreans have come in and taken all of Fords small sector ! (Japs already put the first blades through their hearts long before, now its easy seconds)
How many over priced Land Rovers you see on the roads ?????? and how many over the years were/are POS ? yet they keep selling.

I posted my passion having owned a couple of new Lasers and my third the TX3 a company car but seeing jpd80's quote of his Laser was the best Aussie built small car he owned nearly made me spit on my screen.
I admit I must have been in the "LUCKY" not a Friday build like his but some/alot of them were absolute POS 4times over.
The struggles owners had was terrible, sound familiar.
How about those full of water convertables lol.....
OMG I got finish on a high.

I test drove back to back today a Fiesta ST then a Focus STLine.
What great cars in the short time I had in them, I kept thinking WTF arn't these great German built Fords selling ??????
Did what I say earlier above make sense ? I don't know maybe I'm talking poop.
All my friends incl my wife never mention they would like THAT model Ford, going back some 30yrs.
Sorry I'll correct one, my wife did say whilst we were in the US couple years ago a convertable Mustang looks nice.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #48
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems a bit of the love for the Laser is that you could get a common garden variety version of it, and it was reliable and fun. The STs are in another ball park, far more performance.
Small cars we had were old Corollas, then Echo/Yaris - so very far from best in segment but likeable, reliable and pretty fun to push beyond what it should be doing while making urban buzzing noise. And not bad for the price (unlike current Corolla.)
Old 12-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #49
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...angler-124693/

It may be out of context but no Asia, Australasia?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #50
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...angler-124693/

It may be out of context but no Asia, Australasia?
It will slay Jeep, but really that isn't hard. They are utter junk and the Bronco is generations ahead.

But it does baffle me why they didn't make it in RHD. Ford want to be largely an SUV company, but don't want to offer an expanded SUV range. Bloody hell it makes no sense. If you want to sell more SUV's then offer people more SUV's ffs

It's not like it would be hard to make it RHD, most of the bits are already there from Ranger.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #51
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford are on a SUV roll at the moment, they are producing top stuff

in North America
Old 12-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #52
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why so many models in the first place ?
Surely the cost of R&D along with chopping and changing on the production line all add up !
What's wrong with just making a titanium ST ?
Yep, one model.......
Lower overall costs so they can compete?
A friend who would bleed blue until last year just bought a Kia Cerato Gt, more features and GO, cheaper and better warranty explains it all
Old 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #53
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Dropping of models makes me wonder if the focus is heading the way of the mondeo
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #54
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I posted my passion having owned a couple of new Lasers and my third the TX3 a company car but seeing jpd80's quote of his Laser was the best Aussie built small car he owned nearly made me spit on my screen.
I admit I must have been in the "LUCKY" not a Friday build like his but some/alot of them were absolute POS 4times over.
The struggles owners had was terrible, sound familiar.
How about those full of water convertables lol.....
OMG I got finish on a high.

I test drove back to back today a Fiesta ST then a Focus STLine.
What great cars in the short time I had in them, I kept thinking WTF arn't these great German built Fords selling ??????
Did what I say earlier above make sense ? I don't know maybe I'm talking poop.
All my friends incl my wife never mention they would like THAT model Ford, going back some 30yrs.
Sorry I'll correct one, my wife did say whilst we were in the US couple years ago a convertable Mustang looks nice.
Sorry I omitted important context regarding Laser S build quality.....that was compared to previous Escort, not a slight on Falcon so no need to have a giant melt down because I miscommunicated, ok?
and yeah, unlike yours, mine didn't rattle and squeek after 100k, it never really saw anything but good black top roads either.

The Americans never forgave Australia for the Capri and I think that's why Falcon/Fairlane never replaced Crown Vic in Middle East Market, they just didn't trust FOA nor did they want to give up sales either. Holden was lucky to get a shot at Middle East exports but when GM realised how good it was, they managed to exclude Holden and take back for GMNA.

On financial, you have to understand the mentality of Hackett and his 10% return, it's fine to average that in the large US market but in our tiny market, they're just not going to sell the same low profit models as the Asians do.....I'm not defending Ford, just saying how things are and it's nothing that buyer pressure will change. Ford gladly winds down supply to the vehicles it wants to sell, completely different to a buyer demand sales model.....well, then you have Ranger selling at high prices that buyers are prepared to pay.

Last edited by jpd80; 13-06-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 14-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #55
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

No meltdown mate, ongoing Ford frustration.
OK, the not compete with the Asians but how come the Euros do so as well in the buyer demand segments.
Everyone os in the same boat Importing and the fluctuating A$.
Audi/MB/Bimmer etc aren't banking great dollars on all their small offerings I'm sure, and you see countless of them on the roads but they many options for buyers to come back for more.
Range mate, range, look at every single competitor, they have Range.
Ford has Range.........r and Mustang doing the numbers for them, the rest nothing to boast about......
As mentioned Focus is a brilliant car, why can't they sell it ? german build, there's quite a few German built brands selling.
Yet by the sound of it Focus is finished.
Not a great business model.
Old 14-06-2020, 08:36 PM   #56
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No meltdown mate, ongoing Ford frustration.
OK, the not compete with the Asians but how come the Euros do so as well in the buyer demand segments.
Everyone os in the same boat Importing and the fluctuating A$.
Audi/MB/Bimmer etc aren't banking great dollars on all their small offerings I'm sure, and you see countless of them on the roads but they many options for buyers to come back for more.
Range mate, range, look at every single competitor, they have Range.
Ford has Range.........r and Mustang doing the numbers for them, the rest nothing to boast about......
As mentioned Focus is a brilliant car, why can't they sell it ? german build, there's quite a few German built brands selling.
Yet by the sound of it Focus is finished.
Not a great business model.
They don't seem bothered either way, they offer the vehicles and if buyers want them, they sell
if not, Ford isn't bothered either way. The products aren't life or death to FOA, so I guess they
will just stick to what works with good return.

Apart from commercials, Mustang and higher priced SUVs, I don't think they really care about
Mr $30k entry level trim or even Mr. $40k for that matter, sad isn't it.

Last edited by jpd80; 14-06-2020 at 08:42 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2020, 12:08 PM   #57
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
Dropping of models makes me wonder if the focus is heading the way of the mondeo
In Australia it might just end up like the Fiesta, and the ST is the only model they will sell. The most profitable and desired model.

In Europe no, the Focus is still one of the highest selling cars there is there.
Old 15-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #58
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
They don't seem bothered either way, they offer the vehicles and if buyers want them, they sell
if not, Ford isn't bothered either way. The products aren't life or death to FOA, so I guess they
will just stick to what works with good return.

Apart from commercials, Mustang and higher priced SUVs, I don't think they really care about
Mr $30k entry level trim or even Mr. $40k for that matter, sad isn't it.
While I agree with the financials I wish I saw some data on how this effects the halo theory, in that you can buy an entry level Ford with aspirations to own another more expensive one after that.

With no entry level how do you blood buyers?

The Koreans are also starting (if not already) going into prestige and sport, so they have people in the brand who trust it enough to stay. Previously there was no where for them to go other than EU or maybe a high spec Aussie car.

I hope Ford are not banking to hard on the Mustang, pretty good car but risky. To me slaes from it are just icing on the cake, they really need Everest or a decent Territory replacement.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 15-06-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 15-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #59
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
While I agree with the financials I wish I saw some data on how this effects the halo theory, in that you can buy an entry level Ford with aspirations to own another more expensive one after that.

The Koreans are also starting (if not already) going into prestige and sport, so they have people in the brand who trust it enough to stay. Previously there was no where for them to go other than EU or maybe a high spec Aussie car.

I hope Ford are not banking to hard on the Mustang, pretty good car but risky. To me slaes from it are just icing on the cake, they really need Everest or a decent Territory replacement.
I don’t know about the graduating buyer theory anymore,
I think they just jump to the more expensive Ranger and
skip the other steps.

Most people buying vehicles in price sensitive segments
are there because a vehicle is a grudge purchase and they
just want to get the deal done as cheaply as possible.
Ranger is completely different to that, people are prepared
to pay extra to get it, Ford needs to bottle that and pour it
on their SUVs.
Old 15-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #60
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

This, my first Ford purchase was an entry level new WS Fiesta CL when I was 17 - $18K DA

There's nothing on the market for Ford to get a young kid into the brand for their first car.

Even now I'm sorry but you've lost me with the new Fiesta ST being 5 door rather then the old outgoing model 3 door and no factory Mountune option package either.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post