Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #31
Ay-You-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
If they over/unevenly tighten them it can miss align the brakes and cause extra pad/disc wear. At least this is what my mechanic said after fitting mine by hand.
Ahhh I see, thanks Monty99 :
Ay-You-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #32
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I'm sure that "by hand" would be using a wheel brace.
I dislike rattle guns, makes it damn hard to get the wheel nuts off & then the wheel itself if there's any corrosion.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 11:20 AM   #33
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
WTF???? Missalign the brakes????

NO rattle gun??

BY HAND even??? Dang 99 ur mechanic must be of the F1 variety lol.
Monbulk Car Care are good but I havn't seen any race cars in there recently :P Although there was a little orange matchbox with a turbo, had wiped off the front bar. People in the Emerald area probably know the car I mean.

Seriously though Vin is a great bloke, full service, supply cut and weld exhaust tip, fit front discs/pads and unstick siezed caliper for a little over $200 can't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
I'm sure that "by hand" would be using a wheel brace.
I dislike rattle guns, makes it damn hard to get the wheel nuts off & then the wheel itself if there's any corrosion.
It's a real bastard if you get a flat and can't budge the wheel nuts cause some fool didn't bother resetting the tension on the rattle gun :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #34
Ay-You-Steve

Well for those who have been following my adventure here's an update. The AU goes in tonight and every thing is getting done at once tomorrow, Brakes (the lot rotos pads), cooling system, fuel system, drive belt, fuel filter, leads. All up it going to cost me $1000, I have informed the yard and they are going to contribute some cash towards it, how much? I don't know. I'll update on Friday night.
Ay-You-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #35
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ay-You-Steve
If you can't trust a used car salesman, who can you trust?? :
I think the quote is, "if they were trustworthy, why did they chose to be used car salesmen?"

I buy private purely because I hate talking to beer smelling yobbo's (some who try to cover it up wearing a cheap $200 suit from Lowes) who would tell you anything to sell the car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post