Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #31
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Soundstream Pumps Hard - Go see the Guy at Garry's Car Radio in Mitcham he has the Commodore "Soundstream Car" with the number plates SHHH, he can advise on what amp you would need.......

To make sure the price is right look up www.bitaudio.com.au and check the prices there, of course they are the US version sold in Aus but it will give you
a good idea on what price they can sell the amps for at a Retail Store........

And yes the Chrome Spiders are AWESOME

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
You can either Go Fast or Go Louder.............

Go Louder is alot safer and you wont loose your licence over it..........
Yeah but 3 15's is not necessarily louder!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #33
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Because Glenn wants the what they call on the street as "*** kent" value.. LOL

ps why cant you say sick without the "c" thats just gay.. well thats wat the*** is

04 BA XR6T ute
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #34
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontEL
Because Glenn wants the what they call on the street as "*** kent" value.. LOL

ps why cant you say sick without the "c" thats just gay.. well thats wat the*** is
sik is not real word. Believe it or not.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 25-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #35
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Obviously if your stupid enough to use the same amp as was used in a previous install to power 2 subs or 1 sub but in this instance it looks like EDGHIA is also purchasing some new amps to match the 3 x 15's.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 25-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #36
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Obviously if your stupid enough to use the same amp as was used in a previous install to power 2 subs or 1 sub but in this instance it looks like EDGHIA is also purchasing some new amps to match the 3 x 15's.
I wasn't referring to that.
Old 25-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #37
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Option 1:- Amp 500 rms watts x 1 PLUS Sub 500 rms watts x 1
Option 2:- Amp 500 rms watts x 3 PLUS Sub 500 rms watts x 3

Option 2 may not be 3 x Louder but it will be Louder as 3 x 15" push more air than 1 x 15" and air pressure is SPL (Sound Pressure Level)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 25-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #38
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Glenn, three dual 4 ohms is a pretty shiitty combo for amping up man. You end up with a weird load for the amp, either 0.6 ohms which is too low or 2.6 which is a bit high for a mono block. You really need to amp up each sub seperately. Bang for buck, I'd recommend the Jaycar amps. Get 3 of the 800WRMS ones like Sunny has. I've got a trade card so can get em a bit cheaper (although not much), but they still work out pretty good value per watt.

Who's doing the install for you? I'll do it! Guranteed cheaper than anywhere else you'll go :P Back in the day I hit just under 142dB from my two Phoenix Gold 15's in my EA. They were running off an MTX Thunder 2300x amp (900WRMS bridged). The same subs hit over 145dB in my sisters N13 Pulsar off a Cadence 800WRMS (made the rear-view mirror break outta the windscreen!). Imagine what three 15's would do with 2400WRMS!!
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #39
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Option 1:- Amp 500 rms watts x 1 PLUS Sub 500 rms watts x 1
Option 2:- Amp 500 rms watts x 3 PLUS Sub 500 rms watts x 3

Option 2 may not be 3 x Louder but it will be Louder as 3 x 15" push more air than 1 x 15" and air pressure is SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
however 1 15" sub with far better power handling and what have you(i dont know what specs are needed for spl) which is designed purely for SPL would roger those 3 15" subs which is what ltdho is on about i believe
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #40
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
however 1 15" sub with far better power handling and what have you(i dont know what specs are needed for spl) which is designed purely for SPL would roger those 3 15" subs which is what ltdho is on about i believe
.....And it would also sound like ****. That's a pretty general comment and certainly is possible but high power subs will usually have a very low efficiency. If you have a dedicated SPL setup which is tuned to the resonant frequency of the car etc etc, then it is definatly possible for one 15 to be louder than three 15's, but in most cases if you slap three 15's in a car Vs one 15 with the same power, the three 15's will be louder.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #41
malta123

just run em off the head unit itll be fine and youll be able to fade left to right front to rear
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #42
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Personally I'd steer clear of SoundStream subs. I've managed to have 5 of them die on me within the 1 year warranty. Manufacturing faults - cone separation, voice coils coming loose, voice coils misaligned.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #43
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
.....And it would also sound like ****. That's a pretty general comment and certainly is possible but high power subs will usually have a very low efficiency. If you have a dedicated SPL setup which is tuned to the resonant frequency of the car etc etc, then it is definatly possible for one 15 to be louder than three 15's, but in most cases if you slap three 15's in a car Vs one 15 with the same power, the three 15's will be louder.
yes im sure 3 subs vs 1 sub all same model the 3 subs would sound better and achieve more spl, but what drhemi was getting at made it look as though he didnt quite get what ltdho had said.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #44
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2...ASSO%20PCW.pdf

this tells you alot about the subs..

xmax for a 15" is 0.315"

jasinex

now with fast parts added...

Stage 1: Buy car. with money.

Stage 2: Put in Wade Custom Cam, Crow Double Valve springs, High Flow Head, 3.23 LSD, 2.5" mandrell bent with Mercury muffler and custom made CAT, iridium plugs, nolothane bushes, Koni suspension, CAI.. NOW WITH MPFI....OHHH YEAHHH!!

Stage 3: More engine mods.. and a fresh new look... can't wait.. :eclipsee_ : :Reverend:

15.43 @ 89 mph - Willowbank Raceway 07/03/2007
Jasinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #45
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
yes im sure 3 subs vs 1 sub all same model the 3 subs would sound better and achieve more spl, but what drhemi was getting at made it look as though he didnt quite get what ltdho had said.
# instead of one will not sound sound as good or as loud as you think.

The onll reason you'd want to run 3 x 15" is because you want to tell people that you have 3x15. If you intend to run in SPL comp then fine but pepare to spend big!!

Also consider the optimum size the box. Say bye bye to the boot space.
Old 26-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #46
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

oi nik, you could run them in series paralel off one of ur big d class bastards couldn't ya??
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #47
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
"Yeah but 3 15's is not necessarily louder!"

Could mean anything ALL I was stating in this case which was the topic of this thread is that as EDGHIA is matching amps with subs his WILL be LOUDER

Anyway MEH lets move on...............and back on topic

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 27-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #48
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Quote:
http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/...CASSO%20PCW.pdf

this tells you alot about the subs..

xmax for a 15" is 0.315"

jasinex
HA HA HA HA HA HA.. About as good as a paper weight for making noise..

Quote:
oi nik, you could run them in series paralel off one of ur big d class bastards couldn't ya??
Problem being is that 3 subs in any combo ends up being a nasty impedance off one amp..

Remember when i was running 6 12"s off the 2 d-class.. they were loaded to ~.6 ohm.. ended up in more heat than noise..

I still stick by my original posts..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #49
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

well okay then!!!!!! i want 6 12s!!!!!
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #50
[EDGHIA]
Banned

thanks for the replys..... DRHEMI... cant go see that guy at Garrys car audio..... dont have a good past with him... and i have decided to get 4. i did a bit more re-search and pricing and went a bit over the budget.... but if i get 4 i will save $500 bucks..... as for the instalation... it will be done by sphell wen i can afford to get it done.... i still need to get the amps and head unit... so still gotta pay a bit before it will be done.
[EDGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post