Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Ford dont wanna give the 2010 Territorys the Diesel motor as every man and his dog will rush out and buy one, then the updated car will come in 12 months time and theyw ill all be jumping up and down.. Its a bit like HSV with the E series wagons replaced by E2 so soon!! apparently delaers have copped alot of from customers who bought E1s just before E2 was released...
Same deal with guys who bought the Maloo 307 LS2 when it was just released only to find that they were fitted with the 317 LS3 2 months later. I know of one person who bought one and went bezerk when the LS3 came out a month later.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #32
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
And this is what makes Burela so much better than Gorman and Osbourne before him. He is always putting a positive spin on the products that he does have, rather than say that he is only making do because he can't get the products that he wants.
This is very true Andrew. There is what a president does internally (which others on here would be able to explain more clearly), i.e. working with detroit, industrial relations, managing the business from marketing to production etc., and there is the public image they put forward of the brand. Burela is very very good on the second front in particular. He is always out there putting the brand forward, sure its a bit of spin doctoring but its all based in fact and it is true, that despite a few months of dodgy sales toward the end of the year, the escape was still selling a 2-3 hundred cars at one point last year......not bad for a 'dead and buried' model no??

I think osborne didn't get alot of credit for things he set up, due to the fact he left so early. The marketing review, the right sizing of the business, the I6 being retained were all osbourne's early work. He was also quite bullish on the FG launch, which was good to see.

Gorman gets alot of flack around here, and i'm not party to his management as an employee so i won't go there. Suffice is to say i feel he was much more of a numbers man and a bit of a yes man for what detroit wanted. The decision on diesel territory was as much his superiors as his own (although he himself admitted they made the wrong call in the end....). People forget he asked to stay on here and had his term extended.....maybe it was to close the place down, i don't know, but he seemed to get the right product in during his time and was operating in a time when investment from the US was very very tight.... After all, Ford globally was losing money long before the GFC hit....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #33
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Question?
Will Ford AUS ever bring out the new Focus RS that is currently in the UK to Australia? Possible to replay or revamp the XR5 or even an FPV 5 cyclinder?

Have Ford ever mentioned they will bring the car down under?
Basically no. the car is at the end of its life cycle and within the next 14 days it's expected that the all new 3rd generation Focus will be revealed at the Detroit motor show. Hopefully we get it before the end of the year.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #34
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The diesel engine is from Land Rover/Peugot, so all bugs should be sorted out.It is just another example of Ford Aus procrastinating. HOLDEN have V6 twin Turbo in the wings.(from the new Camaro)
When they launch that, FORD will really be in trouble.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #35
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The diesel engine is from Land Rover/Peugot, so all bugs should be sorted out.It is just another example of Ford Aus procrastinating. HOLDEN have V6 twin Turbo in the wings.(from the new Camaro)
Well it looks like things are reversing, Ford will be supplying Land Rover with a 4.4L diesel V8 to be built at Ford's Chihuahua Mexico Engine Plant - According to this - from how i interpret the horrible Google translation
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulos/56611.html
Horrible english translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=es&tl=en
This engine is also rumored to go in the F150, Expedition, Navigator, Falcon and Territory. OK, sorry I was kidding about the last two :-)
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #36
g220ba
FGX XR8

There's a hell of lot engineering that goes into fitting a new engine to a mass produced vehicle. It's not just a matter of bolt her in and send out, she'll be right we'll fix the problems as they come. The problems like chassis tuning, engine/trans tuning and crash testing all have to be redone for the different engine. If they release the diesel and it's riddled with problems due to lack of engineering i'm sure that would be more damaging to ford than a 6-12 month wait. That obviously goes for the Ecoboost 4 cyl.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
someone has been reading wheels/motor covers and not details. You will find the TT setup was done as a show car, not for production.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

In summary from what we've got so far. I guess the Falcon changes may coincide with a FGII launch.

June - Falcon (Ford / FPV) 5.0 Litre ‘Coyote’ V8
June - Falcon / Territory Euro 4 Compliant I6 / I6T
June - Falcon DI-LPG
June - BFIII Falcon Wagon (Euro 4 compliant I6 or production ceases)
July - Fiesta (Thailand production – specification & price changes)
Oct - Focus 3 (debut Detroit Motor Show January)
Oct - T6 Ranger (launch)

Territory - Diesel
Falcon - I4T
Ka - Launch (estimated)
Kuga - Launch (estimated)
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #39
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
In summary from what we've got so far. I guess the Falcon changes may coincide with a FGII launch.

June - Falcon DI-LPG
Oct - T6 Ranger (launch)

Territory - Diesel
Falcon - I4T
Ka - Launch (estimated)
Not so sure about T6 being ready by oct of this year....or Focus to be launched that soon neither since if you believe the story that it will shift from South african supply to a joint plant in thailand then i don't know when those plants will make the change.

Rest looks about right, though i doubt ka will make it....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #40
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:

Nope. More like 2009, at least for Territory.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:14 AM   #41
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
someone has been reading wheels/motor covers and not details. You will find the TT setup was done as a show car, not for production.
MOTOR Jan 2010, page 11, final paragraph. "and that the Camaro shares Zeta architecture with the VE Commodore, it wouldn't be a massive financial investment to adapt the more powerful engine for local production. Watch this space"
It wouldn't surprise me if HOLDEN has the twin turbo ready to go, if the market is right. Anyone on LS Forums heard anything ?[
Old 04-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #42
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Nope. More like 2009, at least for Territory.
Perhaps so andrew...but not clealry announced as such. For reason's i can't fathom, since tezza has fully met Euro4 as you say. FG, well effectively has....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #43
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

KA would be interesting but pricing would have to right, around $12k.
KUGA should be here now !! another example of FORD Aus procrastinating. When it gets here, it will be 4 years old and should be a new model. Rivals will have stolen its thunder!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
MOTOR Jan 2010, page 11, final paragraph. "and that the Camaro shares Zeta architecture with the VE Commodore, it wouldn't be a massive financial investment to adapt the more powerful engine for local production. Watch this space"
It wouldn't surprise me if HOLDEN has the twin turbo ready to go, if the market is right. Anyone on LS Forums heard anything ?[

Thought they ruled out F.I on the alloytec, which would be strange since Holden will boast that they are doing everything.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #45
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
You are correct RE the TT alloytec existing. A turbo 2.8 for saab has been in production for years, and the larger versions under test for some time, though i think the latest form has SIDI (someone confirm?) which is what is holding it up. In time, camaro will get it and then maybe, MAYBE commodore. It has as much to do with marketing model placement etc. as engineering. Though there will be costs involved in the latter no matter how 'common' the camaro/VE platform may be. Holden has shown no interest to go down this route, probably because the V8s are cheaper to just slot in then the TT engine (they are crate V8s after all) and they need to save what little $ they have left for other more 'important' programs (e.g. SIDI across the lineup).

I dont' think they are convinced they can beat ford at the Turbo game niether....with the XR6T having a sizeable head start image wise and the 4.0 I6T likely to match and exceed any alloytec based TT engine anyway (on paper or on the road). Hell the 3.5 Ecoboost duratec V6 from Ford US would be a match when tuned for grunt rather than economy....so future wise the TT alloytec is no great 'win' that everyone assumes.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 04-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #46
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
KA would be interesting but pricing would have to right, around $12k.
KUGA should be here now !! another example of FORD Aus procrastinating. When it gets here, it will be 4 years old and should be a new model. Rivals will have stolen its thunder!!!
Kuga debate has been done to death. Regrettable it is not here yes, Ford Aus fault....ah not really. In fact of all the model lineup screw ups this is the one least on the local mob's back. The car is not really seen in europe the way we see the compact SUV. It is more of a focus estate with higher ground clearance...a premium focus estate per se..... Assuming it is picked up by the asia/NA markets as a wider escape replacement (which is all up in the air....) then we are in business.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 04-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #47
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:

June - Falcon DI-LPG
Oct - T6 Ranger (launch)

Territory - Diesel
Falcon - I4T
Ka - Launch (estimated)
Do we need to add to this list an updated Mondeo diesel? Drive seem to think so...

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/futur...1222-lbgc.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive.com.au
FORD MONDEO WAGON

Mid-year there will be an extension to the mid-sized Mondeo wagon range, putting another nail in the coffin of the Falcon wagon. A 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine will deliver 129kW and 400Nm of torque, as well as better fuel economy than the petrol model. The diesel Mondeo is expected to target the Commodore Sportwagon. Pricing is expected to be set at about $40,000
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #48
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD please add for 2010 Titanium and XR5 wagons.pretty please with sprinkles on top....
Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
FORD please add for 2010 Titanium and XR5 wagons.pretty please with sprinkles on top....
+ a manual Zetec.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #50
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So is there any word on the 2.2 diesel?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #51
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Here is an email I received from Ford after I enquired about a Mondeo Diesel.

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford
Australia).

Ford Australia has no confirmed plans at this stage to expand our current
product range to include a diesel Mondeo wagon.

Your comments will be directed to our design teams who will utilise this
feedback to help us continually build excellent products for the future.

Kind regards,

Jessica Houghton
Customer Service Representative
Ford Customer Relationship Centre