Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #31
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebu
yeah i went on thursday night

too many questions and too few answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Cloverfield is the type of movie I'd only ever watch once then never again. The way its filmed sucks, I like normal type movies.

There isn't enough detail. You never learn what the creature is, what it really exactly looks like, where it came from and at the end you never learn if they beat it or not. Boo.

4.5/10 from me.
Ah c'mon!! Appreciate it for what it is!! The beauty of a movie like that is you don't really know whats going on...thats the whole point...you're not a fly on the wall, your Joe Blogs public and just as confused as the actors playing the characters...thats the whole point...I can appreciate that kind of thing
Old 21-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #32
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like im seeing 27 dresses now. thanks for the honest reviews ill give this movie a miss
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #33
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Cloverfield is the type of movie I'd only ever watch once then never again. The way its filmed sucks, I like normal type movies.

There isn't enough detail. You never learn what the creature is, what it really exactly looks like, where it came from and at the end you never learn if they beat it or not. Boo.

4.5/10 from me.
Did you notice at the start they had all the military stamps on the tape so that just means they killed the beast and recovered the camera/tape which also somehow survived the explosions :

As an action/horror movie, I think it was great, didn't like the constant shaking and focusing of the camera though, very annoying...

Did anyone notice at the end of the movie where they're at the funpark, you can see something (meteor?) splashing into the ocean in the distance, the date stamp was April aswell, 2mths before the creature attacked New York.

I found it kinda strange how the Brooklyn bridge is destroyed in this movie and also in I Am Legend...

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #34
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
Did you notice at the start they had all the military stamps on the tape so that just means they killed the beast and recovered the camera/tape which also somehow survived the explosions :

As an action/horror movie, I think it was great, didn't like the constant shaking and focusing of the camera though, very annoying...

Did anyone notice at the end of the movie where they're at the funpark, you can see something (meteor?) splashing into the ocean in the distance, the date stamp was April aswell, 2mths before the creature attacked New York.

I found it kinda strange how the Brooklyn bridge is destroyed in this movie and also in I Am Legend...
So why at the end of the credits does it sound a hazy bit of radio communcation with a guy saying "its still alive!" ??

You never find out whats happened with the beast, or where it came from or whatnot... poo

And yes, the camera shake is annoying.

One thing I would think is cool which is an opportunity is now that they've made a civilian's perspective thing, a possibile military and/or soldier's perspective as a 'sequel' would be very interesting...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #35
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
So why at the end of the credits does it sound a hazy bit of radio communcation with a guy saying "its still alive!" ??

You never find out whats happened with the beast, or where it came from or whatnot... poo

And yes, the camera shake is annoying.

One thing I would think is cool which is an opportunity is now that they've made a civilian's perspective thing, a possibile military and/or soldier's perspective as a 'sequel' would be very interesting...
Hmm, I didn't notice that bit,...

I agree that they should have shown what happened to it, the ending was too quick...maybe they did that to keep us guessing as to what really happened, possibly hinting at a sequel...who knows.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #36
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

It's J.J Abrams, The Producer/Director of Lost Season 1, 2, 3 and soon, 4. Each consisting of 20 odd episodes all on one Island, coincidently with a Monster that well...after 60 Episodes we STILL know nothing about...Yea..he could do a sequel.