Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #31
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
I think this thread goes to highlight the delay between broadcasts from here and England.

Australian broadcasters need to pull a finger out and get these shows on within 24 hours afterwards otherwise they will be left behind when we finally get ourselves decent internets.
you would think so but the aust government pandering to copyright holders and internet censorship will pander to the commercial broadcasting interests of this country - well that appears to be the plan but we shall see eh

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #32
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of course it was going to be crap being on channel 9. i wonder how much they paid clarkson to say in the ad "top gear is coming to the home of entertainment, channel 9"...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #33
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Was Bana supposed to be on tonight? All I got was the winter Olympic special???
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #34
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Was Bana supposed to be on tonight? All I got was the winter Olympic special???
Started at 7:30 our time. 1st hour was more a regular show, with 1 small challenge, and Eric Bana in Reasonbaly Priced Car.

2nd hour was the olympic special. If you've been watching TG for awhile you would have seen all that winter stuff before.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Didn't watch it as I knew it wouldn't be the entire episode.

If I wanna watch S13 again I'll just click on the file on my computer.
Old 17-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #36
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Chopping clips from a show together that are seasons apart doesn't count.

Channel Nine, you can shove your false advertising right up your .

The ad should have said "Some of an old series of Top Gear and some of a new one joined together coming to the home of entertainment on Channel Nine!" but that would have taken too long and they would have missed out on advertising revenue.

If they need to put ads in to finance it, then give it a longer timeslot. And that cut and shut job was pathetic.

Can you imagine if Channel Nine made cars? The next model falcon would be the front half of an ED and the back half of a BF, with no boot, power steering or aircon. Number 5 and 6 pistons and conrods would be missing and there would be cereal ads on the headrests and sun visors.

Ace it up a bit Channel Nine
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #37
zebby

No point complaining on here, make your views heard at the source of your frustrations.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/Bl...wcomments=true

Not sure it will do anything, as they do what they like.
zebby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #38
Whitey Ford

What's going to happen when Top Gear review a car and say "god damn this Mercedes SUV is a piece of ********" or "Korea has never made a good car" and the ads in the commercial break for Hyundai or a Mercedes dealer clearance suddenly contradict the show?

Will channel 9 edit out the negative reviews?
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #39
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford
Will channel 9 edit out the negative reviews?
write the review i did, will be interesting to see if its added to the comments.
They want feedback give it to them.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #40
Wally
XP Coupe

I did too, but I don't think they will publish it LOL.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #41
HSE2

I think we all knew this was going to happen. Top gear runs for approx a full hour with no commercials in the UK. Now I am not sure who does the chopping to get the content back to 40 odd minutes but it’s a sizable slice gone.

Maybe the BBC sell the episodes like this maybe CH9 or SBS cut the episode but what is puzzling is if CH9 dedicate two hours for Top gear why wouldn't they show an entire episode instead of a re run that we have seen.

The networks and I am sure the producers wonder why people download these shows. Well here is the reason. We are being treated with contempt. If CH9 wanted to give us a reason to celebrate with the confiscation from SBS they have sorely missed the boat with this effort.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #42
YOOT
Banned

Season 14 was also shot in Full HD and aired on BBC HD in the UK, imagine my disgust at seeing it in SD on 9HD... So glad I have Foxtel where HD is HD and not upscaled SD.

Fortunately you can download SD, 720p and 1080i version off finalgear so you don't have to missout.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
Whitey Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
write the review i did, will be interesting to see if its added to the comments.
They want feedback give it to them.
Clarkson's negative reviews, not yours.
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebby
No point complaining on here, make your views heard at the source of your frustrations.

Done. Everybody should get on here and explain to Channel Nine how badly they have failed.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #45
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
Done. Everybody should get on here and explain to Channel Nine how badly they have failed.
At the end of the day - they've paid for the rights to the show - and now they've gotta make money...

So complaining will get you nowhere...

They're still going to run PLENTY of ad's, and still going to get the 'cut-down' version of the show...

Commercial TV (free-to-air TV) is kinda like MacDonalds... you know the service is bad, but you get what you pay for...

It doesn't stop you from going there in the first place...
Old 17-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #46
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In three months i'll bet there will be threads started about the latest top gear show saying how good it was etc etc.

There's nothign we can do about it. They've paid for it and contracts have been signed. It will be shown until the end of the season, only to await the next season.

The circle of crappy life.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #47
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

call me crazy, but Top Gear only angers and bores me. Destroying supercars is not funny or cool... it's disrespect. And then the challenges are just narcissistic! Sorry, give me Tiff and 5th Gear any day... real drivers, real tests.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #48
zebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebby

Wow, this morning there was not one single comment when I checked it. Over 70 now, and almost all of the same opinion, :

Keep giving it to them people
zebby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #49
dave289
Banned

My brother said he inspected some cars for what I think he said were to be used for top gear at quarantine a couple of weeks back, he described porches with machine guns on the roof and also 2 rs focus of some kind with what he described as a hyper colour paintjob just like the old hypercolour t shirts they made years back. he said they were gunmetal grey but as he inspected the car he put his hand on it and when he removed it he said it went white and then changed back to gunmetal not long after moving his hand off. when they were moved to the sun the top of all the cars went white. I dont know the purpose for this but something to look out for.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
My brother said he inspected some cars for what I think he said were to be used for top gear at quarantine a couple of weeks back, he described porches with machine guns on the roof and also 2 rs focus of some kind with what he described as a hyper colour paintjob just like the old hypercolour t shirts they made years back. he said they were gunmetal grey but as he inspected the car he put his hand on it and when he removed it he said it went white and then changed back to gunmetal not long after moving his hand off. when they were moved to the sun the top of all the cars went white. I dont know the purpose for this but something to look out for.
Interesting... Look forward to seeing where these cars are used...

Hypercolour... remember those hahahaha
Old 17-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #51
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I can understand Channel 9 having to slice and dice to put ads in. But it would be nice if they could also have a full length replay at another time. The old 1 o'clock slot would be just fine.
Old 17-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #52
gocruzin
Ford tragic

I just looked for next weeks episode on my recorder and hey presto top gear has been kicked for the cricket just as I predicted
Those rotten b@#$&ards I hate them.
Old 17-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #53
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Yep, at the end of last night's show they said it would be back in 2 weeks.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #54
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
I can understand Channel 9 having to slice and dice to put ads in. But it would be nice if they could also have a full length replay at another time. The old 1 o'clock slot would be just fine.
It probably costs $50,000 each time they play an episode so I doubt you'll see more than one other than prime time full of adds. SBS knew what they were doing...

Finalgear still outdoes TV by a long way.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #55
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

So first time viewers don't know what a doppelkupplungsgetriebe is without Googling it and how to say..

Naturally Hans is wet, he's standing under a waterfall - in German?

The news is arguably the best segment when they're riffing off each other, that's one of the few things I believe they cut on SBS and Ch9?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #56
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I dont care what any of you guys say i reckon it was fantastic. That Aston was to die for and the segment was pretty good too. And to top it off Eric Bana EPIC WIN for me
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I dont care what any of you guys say i reckon it was fantastic. That Aston was to die for and the segment was pretty good too. And to top it off Eric Bana EPIC WIN for me
Find the full episode. It's even better. Really.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #58
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
You would if you saw the episode minus the axe wounds channel 9 put in it.
Old 17-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #59
bystander31
Starter Motor

Some facts:

UK BBC Version: 1hr 1 minute
BBC International Version: 52 minutes
Channel Nien: 41 Minutes.

They ripped the guts out of it. :

edit: also it wasnt proper HD either.
bystander31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #60
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose BBC made the call to put it on Chanel 9 as they call the shots. Regardless, SBS really backed the program and their Monday offering was very good (Top Gear, Man vs Wild, Entourage, South Park, Flight of the Concords) but I don't even watch SBS anymore. I did watch Top Gear on 9 and thanks to the weather it was blurry, mind you all the ads were very clear just the program? Hmmmmm. I happily would watch it on SBS but I've never been a fan of Chanel 9s programming, most of their shows are crap. Just download it online guys, problem fixed