Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #31
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are 100% clean, do legal blockies until they get bored.

When I was younger I found I was being pulled over quite frequently and asked if I had anything to declare, accompanied by peering with torches etc.

I found it a fun party trick, I would see a police car and say to my mates: "Watch this ... I can pull over a police car"

I found out years later there was a car of similar description to mine moving drugs around the area late at night.

I am so glad I kept myself 100% legal !!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #32
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do what LTD on 20's said.

Record everything. If they are hassling you, diary entries and photo's will be what you need. Take it to the Station Commander, then if no joy call the Ombusdsmans office in your state.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #33
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Can I contest it??

I have wondered how if police targeted people because of race or religion it would be discrimination but it is okay to target someone because of age??

We often hear about "oppressed minorities" but at the risk of sounding melodramatic in our ageing country the young minority is often targeted.
It's called Lawful Discrimination and its perfectly acceptable
Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #34
xccoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
If at the time of runnig a check on your car, if the officer dosent correlate the time when the car was stolen to the time when the intel was generated.....bad luck....the target has landed on you.

Do do the current affair trick and video / audio tape the officer.
That is unless you want more hassles. SERIOUSLY DO NOT DO THIS.

Approach your Local Area Command and talk with the liason officer and mention, all be it in a polite and friendly manner, the attention you seem to be grabbing, and how the recent theft of your car may have something to do with this.

Not wanting to stero-type or annoy anyone, but when you make contact make sure you are suitably dressed. Thongs, boardies, hoodies...nope, no way!

Regards
Paul
About time we had someone with a very pro-active solution, As much as I HATE the plod (exchange plod for 2 expletive’s) fight fire with fire

P.S Add the flavor sachet too the noodles and a knob of buttert it helps!!

Cheers
Tony
Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #35
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Good suggestions above. Mine would be simpler.

If P plates are required on the car, make sure you and/or your significant other ensure that they are actually on the car before driving off, every time.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #36
gtfpv
GT

I'M SUSPECTING THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS . . cops have better things to do than just sit there waiting till you do something wrong .
if you are an innocent victim i suggest maybe taping them pulling you up all the time and see a legal adviser .
Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #37
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter

If P plates are required on the car, make sure you and/or your significant other ensure that they are actually on the car before driving off, every time.
don't flaunt logic infront of P platers, it makes them cry!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #38
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
don't flaunt logic infront of P platers, it makes them cry!
Do you inspect your vehicle to ensure it's roadworthy before laving somewhere EVERYTIME? Of course not.

What if it fell off while the car is moving? Which is a higher possibility then when it's stationary due to the forces acting on the car while it's moving.

Where is your logic in that? :

A lot of unhelpful, ungrateful hypocrites in here as usual I see from page 1.

To Sleekism, whilst I don't agree about such a huge fine for such a small offence (Larger then going 9KM over the limit according to VicRoads) I can't say it's entirely the fault of those police officers. Most of them are decent enough, but you can only do so much when you have your management saying do this, or get your bum kicked! Most officers having to meet quotas etc.

May as well try writing a letter as the worst that will happen is you still have to pay it.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System

Last edited by Tuddy200; 02-12-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #39
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What if they fly off without you realising whilst driving, which can and does happen?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #40
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

These type of threads humor me. Maybe you should contact amnesty international.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #41
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
For the past month cops have been sitting down the road from my house and when me or my mrs drives past they flick on their lights with the result being I'm always pulled over in front of my home. Same story every time they check our licence RBT us and go on their way.

It was just annoying until the other day my mrs was driving and I was in the passnger seat coming back from up the road getting KFC and got pulled up. Unfortunately one of the p-plates had fallen off and so she copped a $200 fine. I tried to talk to the copper but he ignored me and walked off. It wasn't until I yelled out asking for his badge number that he angrily came back and gave me his name.

Now I'm eating 2-minute noodles for the next fortnight because of the cops taking my shopping budget. I know I'm not a model citizen but I believe I'm a good citizen. Both me and my mrs work hard have rented our own home since 17 and after 3 years of driving have collected only one driving offence each. Me 2.5 years ago for overtaking on double lines and my mrs 2.5 years ago for 15 kays over the limit.

The only variable is two months ago when my car was stolen and flogged around town receiving numerous reports. Surely I am not being punished for having my car stolen?
you don't have copbait number plate's do you ???
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #42
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Sleekism, could this have anything to do with it?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11239495

Not finger pointing, just genuinely wondering if they are related?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #43
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Geesh 2 cop threads in the pub on one day, 200% chance of more than one person being banned, awesome!

Sleekism, FPV GT makes some excellent points, contest it in court or write to the police station, No sympathy for those that can afford the fines but when you living on the edge then you need to explore all options.

NB. Liquid Nails, or screw the bastard into the panel!
i actually saw this out the front of my work, although it wasnt liquid nails, it was ACTUAL nails haha.. silly bugger had nailed his red p-plate to his hyundai accent bumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
What if they fly off without you realising whilst driving, which can and does happen?
thats what usually happens. i try and keep a stack in my glove box but i dont have time to go to the RTA to pick up more during business hours..
Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #44
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Don't worry all you current P-platers your kids one day will be complaining because they will only be allowed to drive from 9-5 and nothing greater than 12 volts!

Every generation will think they have it tougher than the previous...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #45
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
Sleekism, could this have anything to do with it?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11239495

Not finger pointing, just genuinely wondering if they are related?
I wasn't "involved" in the other incident. They searched one of my cars but they had no idea it was mine because it was paddock basher and so minus all identification. Unless they did a search on cream XE's which wouldn't help because there are millions.

It's annoying because my AU is my "family car". It has an exhaust and extractors but it's main duties are getting groceries, picking up family and towing trailers.

Maybe my exhaust?? There are old people on my street who like to shout at "whippersnappers" walking by and even dogs and birds :

Anyway who do I write to??? The newspaper? My MP??

If someone could give me an address to write to in Coffs Harbour area that would be tops.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #46
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

It's not rocket science securing a P-plate to a car to ensure it doesn't fly off. Also helps to keep a stack of them in the glove box if one gets nicked when you're away from the car. They used to be free from the RTA when I was on my P's.

Yes, it's the responsibility of a P plater to ensure that the plates are clearly displayed. Most of us would have had to have done it at the beginning.

To the OP, you seem to be caught up in dodgy sounding stuff more than your average person, perhaps that could be a contributing factor to your new found friends...?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #47
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Don't worry all you current P-platers your kids one day will be complaining because they will only be allowed to drive from 9-5 and nothing greater than 12 volts!

with driving rules and regulations.. well we do dont we?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #48
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU

man check this out, it's got 24 volt's, a tymiya super torque mota, and now with added flux capacitor. siiiick
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
You have started numerous threads over the years about being "picked" on by cops,maybe you are doing something that attracts police attention?
Just out of curiosity you have only been a member since march this year, exactly what 'years' are you talking about.

Moving on...Being on your P plates is all about learning, and learning to take bullsh*t fines on the chin is unfortunately one of the modules.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
Old 02-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #50
fordAU

sleekism, as you have posted this in an open forum you will get all sorts of advise, here is mine.

Grow up.

Drive sensibly especially in your own street so the neighbours are not peed off.

Ensure that your P plates are affixed to your vehicle at all times and obey the road rules.

Can't get any simpler than that, in fairness you acknowledge that you are no choir boy, fair enough also dont yell at Police, don't act the tool.

It is obvious that Coffs HWP are responding to complaints, sorry for the rant but only you can fix your problem.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #51
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
Do you inspect your vehicle to ensure it's roadworthy before laving somewhere EVERYTIME? Of course not.....
I don't and would openly admit that. However if I was to be pulled over and booked for a tail light being out, I'd accept that I should have checked. It's the drivers responsibility to ensure the car is roadworthy. It's not the fault of the mate, the wife/girlfriend, the bulb that blew whilst driving, and especially not the police, but the driver of the car.

If the "cops" were supposedly stalking me, and I was a P plater, I'd be doing every check possible to ensure that I was roadworthy AND had my plates securely attached, every time.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 02-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #52
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Anyway who do I write to??? The newspaper? My MP??

If someone could give me an address to write to in Coffs Harbour area that would be tops.
Hey sleekism. We dont know each other and have not met, AND please forgive me for this... BUT wake up you fool!

Many have given you ideas on how to deal with this problem. Seriously do not wave the red flag at the bull. The purpose of the good ideas and vibes that we have all shared here, is to hopefully help you come to a win situation.
Sure some will argue that using the media, mp's etc will benefit you, but really how many of those cases end up happy.

However, as you have now asked for help regarding addresses, and this is what AFF is about helping people......and if your prepared to commit suicide, let me load the gun for ya

Coffs Harbour MP
Mr Andrew Fraser,
1/9 Park Avenue,
COFFS HARBOUR NSW 2450
Phone (02) 6652 6500
Fax (02) 6652 7934
Email coffsharbour@parliament.nsw.gov.au

NSW Ombudsmen
Level 24
580 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000

email
personnel@ombo.nsw.gov.au

Direct Complaints To Police

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/service...police_officer

Media

Contact your local rag.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
Old 02-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes... im sure the media/MP's/Police will just jump at the chance play the "underdog" angle to represent a "hard done by" P plate bogan "hoon" getting "picked on" for breaking the law.. NOT.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #54
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
After driving a FWD Kia for 4 years removing p-plates instantly enables me to handle a twin turbo V8?

Thats hardly the idea towards P plates. The intention is to give drivers the essential experience to handle 'themselves' better on our roads not their cars, thats what driver training is for!

With time comes a degree of maturity, granted not everybody embraces their 3year learning curve with open arms, but it makes sense to still restrict certain vehicles.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #55
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what ever happened to those metal P plate brackets that you used to be able to buy years ago. i remember i NEVER ever had a P plate fly off one of them. they screw to the side of the number plate from memory, you then slide the P plate on the bracket and away you go. i always used to carry a couple of spare P's cause people would nick them at shopping centres.

by the way, KFC is really bad for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #56
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unco
what ever happened to those metal P plate brackets that you used to be able to buy years ago. i remember i NEVER ever had a P plate fly off one of them. they screw to the side of the number plate from memory, you then slide the P plate on the bracket and away you go. i always used to carry a couple of spare P's cause people would nick them at shopping centres.

by the way, KFC is really bad for you.
These are still available, I had them as well and never lost a plate. However they cost money...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #57
westoftown

Not sure if it's similar in other states, but in SA you have your P1's for a year minumum i think, and then you progress to your P2's which is exactly the same except you dont have to wear P Plates. That way the police do not unfairly target you, not that they should in the first place. But you see most people that do the right thing dont get held back and progress to their P2's rather quickly and dont have to worry about it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #58
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had those plate holders and used wire to secure them. Never lost one, none ever get flogged. If people can't just grab em and run, they won't bother having a go.

Even then a cop asked me where my P plates were. I kid you not! :

What a ridiculous punishment for not having P plates displayed though, far out that is shite! For a comparison I got fined about $200 for 25km/h over the speed limit FFS :
Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #59
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
Just out of curiosity you have only been a member since march this year, exactly what 'years' are you talking about.
Since when do you need to be a member to view the pub? Or maybe I have more then one username?????

I was pointing out that "sleekism" has started numerous threads about being "victimised" by the police,from my experience most people who think like this have chips on their shoulders, and are usually "victimised" for a reason.

I was on my P's only a few years ago, and never experienced the sort of persecution many P platers claim they are victims of.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #60
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tank
However they cost money...
Yeah but surely they would be cheaper than an infringement notice?

Oo\===/oO
Closed Thread