Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #31
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Runner
Do I feel a sense of jealousy?

I think he's mentioned working in the mines. As you should know, there is very good money to be had working there, so that would explain the car. But any way, how he got it, isn't anybodies business whether it be hard working, lotto, parents, ect.
Mate you missed the point of the post you quoted it was speaking from the officers POV

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 21-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #32
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Do I feel a sense of jealousy?

I think he's mentioned working in the mines. As you should know, there is very good money to be had working there, so that would explain the car. But any way, how he got it, isn't anybodies business whether it be hard working, lotto, parents, ect.
**** no, No jealousy. If he owns that car outright, good on him. Bloody good work. & Full respect. I respect people who have achieved more in life than people twice their age.

Sorry, your wrong. It not be my, yours or any civilians business as to how he got that car, but to the police they ask these questions. They have to. Its their job. Albeit, the manner in which they ask sometimes could use an adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
Mate you missed the point of the post you quoted it was speaking from the officers POV
Thank you. Thats correct. As I clarified above.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #33
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
I got the message. And I agree with it.

I just pointed that other bit out because I am am sick of people questioning how us 'youngsters' are getting into the nice cars we have. Its nobodies bloody business. Most of us started working early in our lives and working hard.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
I'd say the reason they're picking on you is you're a 19 year old driving an F6 registered in your name, QLD rego, with NT licence, to them it may look like you're just trying to dodge the p plate laws. Does the car permanently stay in QLD?
This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #35
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

I just pointed that other bit out because I am am sick of people questioning how us 'youngsters' are getting into the nice cars we have. Its nobodies bloody business. Most of us started working early in our lives and working hard.
Hence why I said, self made millionaire. I personally know one guy who made his first million at 22, & another who retired when was 19.

Thats right. Retired. Never has to work another day in his life.

Anyway

Back to this car in another state problem
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 21-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #36
010 f6 ute

Quote:

thats right i have been working in the mines since i was 17 and started doing 45 days on 11 off of 12 hours shifts with one shift change day between it now i work 19 days of STRAIGHT 12 hour shifts till i fly back to qld for 9 days so yeah say what you want im proud of that. and to set the record straight no i am not a hoon i have been done speeding twice over two years on highways also had a ticket for having fog lights turned on and yes me and my mates have changed our licences to get points back ( when i was on my p's) when you only get 6 you want everyone up your sleeve you can get my other mates are on there opens and have done it i dont see the problem far as i know if u get done hooning you lose your licence no matter how many points you have plus the car i was driving had alot of money spent on it when u know your a target its smart to have has a ace up your sleeve and i am unable to do this anymore because i dont have a residential address in qld i am NOT able to hold a qld drivers licence fullstop. mate living like the rest of you? if u read all of it im not like everyone else i work away . the car is never taken interstate also where i work the f6 would never make it there. Do you think main roads would go though the trouble of pointing it in paper for me?
Old 21-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

with no qld residential address, the ute needs to be registered in NT. i'd say thats why you keep getting hassled.

changing address on rego isn't that hard and doesn't incur any stamp duty fee's or anything. you should be refunded whatever is left on the rego part (i think you lose the ctp etc) and then be up for the cost of NT rego, whatever that is.

if you look at things from a law point of view, as Blue Beast II has pointed out, it is very easy to understand why you keep getting hassled. to them it just looks like a young guy who is trying to cheat the system (which you have admitted yourself, you are).
Old 21-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
FgNewbie
Australia

This thread gets more interesting.

010 you work for 19 days then return to Qld for 9 days.
If you work all year, that's roughly 248 days in NT and roughly 117 in Qld.
But in the previous post you say you don't have a residential address in Qld.

Don't you need one for the car rego too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Then again could be because you do this
I wonder what the police see when they bring up your licence history
Old 21-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
Now no, offence,

But what are you doing owning a $50k + Vehicle at 19? That is the immediately asked question when they look through the window & see a really young bloke driving a F6. I would pull you over too. Just to satisfy my curiosity of such a young guy in such a new & expensive performance car. Simply from the plain fact that, thanks to QLD P-Plate laws, you are driving a vehicle that you are not permitted to drive. Full Stop.
I am 20, but also in the position to purchase a $50K+ vehicle, and I am hoping to sometime this year. Point being I would be damn offended if I got pulled over everyday by nosy police who want to know my life story.
Would they pull over a 60 year old in a Bentley and ask him his life story and why he has a $600,000 car? Unlikely.
I reckon it is because they like picking on young drivers, especially ones with nice cars.
Having said that I think if OP just changed rego to NT he will be better off and be annoyed less. Might still get pulled over from nosy cops, but they will have nothing against him.
I am not aware on regulations of various company's, but Is it normal to require a licence in the state you work in?
Old 21-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #40
010 f6 ute

nope i just gave them a postal address and then they took my details down off my licence asked for the reason i have a nt licence told them and that was that. i pay to drive my car on qld roads as i should be made to. and no i am not cheating the system what i have done IS NOT ILLEGAL maybe if i wasn't a young driver with a nice car i wouldn't have to do it kinda helps to stay out of trouble when your not pulled over every day and i cant do it anymore anyway as i dont have a residential address here so i can not hold a qld drivers licence even if i wanted to. and the car never crosses the boarder to the nt im fy in fly out it stays in storage. they never say a thing its only been changed once. and i am not here to defend myself i started this thread to see if anyone has had the same problem and how they sorted it out.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #41
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

I have a residential address in SA where my kids still live.
I have a car SA registered and kept at that address for when I go home
I have a residential address in NT where i live and work
I have an NT registered car at that address
I have an SA licence and plan on returning there permanently as soon as a suitable job comes up.

NT Rego say if I am here for more than three months continuously, I need a NT licence. Fair enough, But i'm never here for longer than three months because i try to get home every 6-8 weeks.

SA rego say if i'm not out of the state for longer than three months, I don't need to change my licence over.

So going by all of the above, I should be entitled to keep my SA licence

BUT

NT reg WILL NOT give me anything in writing confirming our discussion because I work in the NT - their best guess is that it will be at the discretion of the NT Police as to whether i would be charged with unlicenced driving if picked up.

So because i'm not here longer than three months at a time, I don't need an NT licence, but because i work here i might.

Confused much?? I know I am.

Strangers have the best candy.......
Old 21-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #42
010 f6 ute

its not the cops fault they are doing there job i would be suss to its the cops who take it to the next level like ben73 said its nosy i have been asked how can i pay for this and so on and it is none of their business. ive said ive had cops who couldn't care less than i get ones that have me there for half a hour explaining it over and over making threats telling me doesn't matter if main roads says its ok, ill just say it they dont want to see some one my age driving such a nice car im doing good for myself get over. but back to the topic who should i see and what should i do to stop this hassle before i get caught twice by the same cop and end up in court?
Old 21-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #43
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 f6 ute
its not the cops fault they are doing there job i would be suss to its the cops who take it to the next level like ben73 said its nosy i have been asked how can i pay for this and so on and it is none of their business. ive said ive had cops who couldn't care less than i get ones that have me there for half a hour explaining it over and over making threats telling me doesn't matter if main roads says its ok, ill just say it they dont want to see some one my age driving such a nice car im doing good for myself get over. but back to the topic who should i see and what should i do to stop this hassle before i get caught twice by the same cop and end up in court?
Just register it with NT transport and you won't be hassled anymore.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #44
010 f6 ute

i need a NT licence because thats where i spend most of the year that is what main roads has told me and thats where my residential address is ive said it 5 times now im not able to even hold a qld licence. I have a storage shed in qld and thats it.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #45
010 f6 ute

theres one way in most of the year only by plane and in dry season you can make the trip in a 4wd. i cant understand what the problem is they have my info of my licence if they ever need to find me they have a address to send fines if they should ever occur and the car i drive is registered to the state that its driven in. i need somethings thats shows its not illegal and im doing the right thing?
Old 21-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #46
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

edit: nevermind
Old 21-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
010 f6 ute

mate im not getting worked up, woudnt i need proof that the car is in the nt and i think i would get myself in more trouble i fly back to the same town every month they would catch on with nt plates i would stand out more
Old 21-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #48
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I understand that you "live" on site or in accommodation close to the site during your "on" period. However you have stated the reason as to why your doing what your doing. And well as the old saying goes, "you can't gave your cake & eat it" & if you do, well, your going to get fat........

Once again not being nasty, but sorry, the problem is the car. well IMO. You have bought a car that you can't use because it isn't practical, due to roads, topography or storage in your "licensed" residential adress. Not to mention in the cars residential adress (which is where I believe you "live" when your here in QLD) you cannot drive this car. So legally what your doing isn't, well legal.

You've put yourself in a position where it's a a conundrum. You've bought yourself a car you can't use at work since it's impractical, & a car your legally not allowed to drive in your home state.......

So whichever way you look at it, even without the police hassling problem, that isn't the car you should have! Maybe a landy or patrol would be better.

Bottom line is while you own that car, you will attract attention, while your attracting attention, you will get different cops with differing opinions. With those differing opinions comes investigating, with those investigations comes hassle with the car/licence/adress. Are you seeing the problem?

There are solutions, each of them aren't what you want to do to stop this problem. But if you want to stop it. It will mean sacrificing the car. By either selling it so you can't drive it, changing your licence to QLD do you can't drive it, or changing the rego & using it at work (which you said you can't) so you can't drive it. Or just put up with the pain till your on your opens.

So you can be completely "white" & legal & not have the hassle & do as every one else & pay the price of being run of the mill, or you can flout the "grey" and pay the price of the wrong attention... Either way you pay. Everything has it's cost!
/////Alpine Sound.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

Old 21-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #49
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a responsible and hard working kid you are mate..well done!
when i was 19 I had a poxbox XT and a Uni bill.
You certainly would attract attention in that spensive ute at 19!
Plenty of money to be made in the mines even at 19 though hey mate!!

Perhaps you can get something in writing to show the feds when they pull you over to admire your car?
Old 21-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #50
Gavin Thomas
* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 f6 ute
..... or i will lose my job.....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This could be a good thing...Maybe at your age of only 19 it's not too late for you to go back to school & learn how to correctly construct a sentence !
That really was hard work to get thru that post - the value of some basic punctuation can not be over-looked.

I would agree that the police can easily see the licence change history in his records, therefore will now be a target with a "blacklist" against his name anytime they do a rego plate check.

The NT never had a points system until very recently, and the main reason they do now is because of knobs trying to cheat the system. More often than not from interstate drivers trying to keep their licence after blowing all their points. Our freedom and unique Territory lifestyle has been erroded away because of a few "blow in" morons..... In the Territory FIFO stands for "Fit in or F u@ k OFF".

Anyway i'm done with this p-nut....catch ya.

PS - don't spend too long with some worthless come back....
I'm not going waste any more of my time or energy to "spell check" & punctuate your terrible written english !

Do everyone a favor = quit your job, go back to school and also trade your Ford in on a Holden.... lmao.

* 2023 Camry Hybrid

* 2004 Camry, still going good

* 1973 ZF Fairlane 500

Previous Classic Fords

* 1960 XK Deluxe Sedan

* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan
Old 21-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #51
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should have your car and licence registered in the same state. All I want to know is what happens if he works and lives on oil platforms in the middle of the ocean and he spends most the year on board. Does he change his rego and licence to North Atlantic? Or does he just register it as a boat
Old 21-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #52
010 f6 ute

ive seen main roads they dont have a problem with it what i was told u must be licensed in the state you spend most of the year and where u can show proof of being a resident and your car must be reregistered to the state its driven and stored in and i do hold a opens licence so i am able to drive her it being a turbo has never come up (thank god) i dont have a resident address in qld i stay in hotels and stuff, when im up there i work 12 hour days till i fly back out so theres no point of owning a car up there it will get driven to work and back wouldn't be worth it and we have transport supplied to us. ill go down tomorrow and see main roads does anyone know if i ask for it in writing this time they can refuse?
Old 21-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #53
010 f6 ute

lol i wouldnt be driving on a oil rig but u can apply for a international licence
Old 21-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #54
Gavin Thomas
* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
.... All I want to know is what happens if he works and lives on oil platforms in the middle of the ocean....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My money would be on Gove / Nhulunbuy. Remote mining town with Rio Tinto as the main employer.... I lived and worked there for 6 years.

* 2023 Camry Hybrid

* 2004 Camry, still going good

* 1973 ZF Fairlane 500

Previous Classic Fords

* 1960 XK Deluxe Sedan

* 1962 XK Deluxe Sedan
Old 21-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #55
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Simple as this you are possibly flagged as a POI and have a few flags on your licence - it has nothing to do with the licence it is you
Change the rego on your car - but it will not help all the info is on QPrime
Old 21-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #56
seduced_xr
BF XR6

i was flagged down by a female officer on the freo cafe strip last week for a licence check/rbt and a car search... the only reason i could think of... a green p plate sitting along side brand new license plates on a '10 FG XR6
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 21-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #57
010 f6 ute

lol im using a iphone im not gunna sit here all day trying to type a reply or post sorry oxygen thief.
Old 21-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #58
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
i was flagged down by a female officer on the freo cafe strip last week for a licence check/rbt and a car search... the only reason i could think of... a green p plate sitting along side brand new license plates on a '10 FG XR6
I can think of another..it's called a Random Breath Test
Old 21-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #59
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Thomas
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My money would be on Gove / Nhulunbuy. Remote mining town with Rio Tinto as the main employer.... I lived and worked there for 6 years.
My uncle worked on rigs somewhere out in the ocean in the 70's and 80's. Hard life, mines or rigs.
Old 21-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #60
010 f6 ute

Dw Ill go to main roads tomorrow get it in writing from them, my boss and the company that runs my camp that is just going to have to do them if not I'll fight it in court. Thanks for everyone's help. Oh and Gavin pull your head in rio fly us in because of the skills we have if they could find them local they would.
Closed Thread