Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

I think the numbers on paper may be a bit misleading. I've sat in a current hilux and ranger and there is no doubt the ranger has the smaller cabin. Its probaby not much smaller in length but in width it feels quite a bit narrower.

I think the track widening is largely for stability.....rumous suggest Ford Aus has really focussed on pushing the limits of what a light commercial ute can do RE handling/ride. The long wheelbase would be stability plus helps out with some ride issues.

The T6 should be a very competitive vehicle if it can maintain or enhance the workhorse nature of the current ranger while being a much better drive than any of its competitors. Priced well out of thailand and you are onto a winner. Could also be some smart ideas RE the interior....ford put side airbags into ranger (first commercial to have em) if they continue with that pattern then safety will be a big bump too.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #32
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With work getting these things at the moment, i hope they do make it a little wider, up the ground clearance and put a decent sized rim, read 16" stock, on the 4x4 space-cab C/C.

As for the interior i hope they put in a normal style handbrake, not that thing that you pull out from under the steering wheel.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #33
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
With work getting these things at the moment, i hope they do make it a little wider, up the ground clearance and put a decent sized rim, read 16" stock, on the 4x4 space-cab C/C.

As for the interior i hope they put in a normal style handbrake, not that thing that you pull out from under the steering wheel.
I'd say you'd be pretty safe on all of those points....except maybe the wheel size. That comes down to spec levels by the accountants as much as any engineering (unless the brakes won't fit in 15s).

Handbrake sitution seems obvious but there are advantages to teh umbrella handbrake RE column shift vehicles. Means you have no handbrake in the way. Of course you can put in a foot operated park brake (no hand brake turns LOL) if you wanted too.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
I'd say you'd be pretty safe on all of those points....except maybe the wheel size. That comes down to spec levels by the accountants as much as any engineering (unless the brakes won't fit in 15s).

Handbrake sitution seems obvious but there are advantages to teh umbrella handbrake RE column shift vehicles. Means you have no handbrake in the way. Of course you can put in a foot operated park brake (no hand brake turns LOL) if you wanted too.....
The dreaded foot operated handbrake!!! I had an LX Torana with one of them, what a piece of.... Recently been driving Toyota Klugers and Aurions and They have them too! Argh!
aquahead2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #35
6t6m

with this new T6 light commercial I understand that Ford Australia has been contracted to develop the platform etc but have they also been contracted to do the styling and more minor details... and will the vehicle fit in with kinetic design or will it be designed more inline with the F-Series vehicles from the US.

I know its a long way out but just thought that someone here might be in the know... Fingers crossed for this to be a market leader.. hopefully worldwide but even just in Oz would be great.
6t6m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #36
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Australia is the centre of design for T6. There is mutual collaboration between all stakeholders though when it comes to specification, styling etc.

The Mazda version fits in with their styling dna, where as the American version fits in with their styling trends. It's said that the Mazda version is far more aggressive and less conservative than the US model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t6m
with this new T6 light commercial I understand that Ford Australia has been contracted to develop the platform etc but have they also been contracted to do the styling and more minor details... and will the vehicle fit in with kinetic design or will it be designed more inline with the F-Series vehicles from the US.

I know its a long way out but just thought that someone here might be in the know... Fingers crossed for this to be a market leader.. hopefully worldwide but even just in Oz would be great.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #37
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

More ranger spy shots, not sure if this has been added elsewhere.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/31814/20...an-spy-photos/
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

An update of the above article

http://www.caradvice.com.au/32617/20...ototype-spied/
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #39
mickvxbs
bogan

I'd have a BT-50 instead of a falcon ute atm if they had of came with an auto in the freestyle cab models. So hopefully they will fix simple things like that as well(as you can get a auto in the dualcab)
mickvxbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I've seen about 3 or 4 of these prototypes driving around, and they are definately bigger than the current Ranger. On some models they have tacked in an extra couple of inches between the cabin and tray of the current Ranger/BT50 bodies they are using to match the size of the T6 chassis, and widened the wheelarches by a few inches to cover the wider track. All the ones i've seen have been diesel. There was also a Territory mule that had a similar rattle coming from under the bonnet when I was next to it at the lights.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #41
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I've seen about 3 or 4 of these prototypes driving around, and they are definately bigger than the current Ranger. On some models they have tacked in an extra couple of inches between the cabin and tray of the current Ranger/BT50 bodies they are using to match the size of the T6 chassis, and widened the wheelarches by a few inches to cover the wider track. All the ones i've seen have been diesel. There was also a Territory mule that had a similar rattle coming from under the bonnet when I was next to it at the lights.
The terry diesel is due end of next year, Ford said the wanted two winters and two summers of testing so thats about right.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #42
GSfalcon500

Anyone else notice that the test mule in the States is right hand drive in the photos and the test mule in Australia is left hand drive :
GSfalcon500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSfalcon500
Anyone else notice that the test mule in the States is right hand drive in the photos and the test mule in Australia is left hand drive :

The car is gonna be sold in pretty much every country in the world, so wouldn't be that big of a deal.