Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #31
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
You guys really go off on a tangent sometimes.....
A tangent? They're made by Kia. Right? :
KaptnKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
guess you could always vote LABOUR . next election.
Yeh but it will do no good. You are better off voting LABOR because they have an actual political party.

I heard a rumour that one of their policies will be the promotion of tertiary education in the field of quantam physics. It seems they are fascinated by black holes and their effect on thriving economies in the OECD.

Now with regard to the original issue. Work choices has nothing to do with that. You were offered a job, you quit after one day. You wasted both your and your employer's time. He is probably annoyed at you for wasting the trainers time as you are at him for not paying you.
Yes he probably owes you money for your time and if it were me employing you then you would be paid but I am in QLD do not know the law in VIC.
If the total amount is only $28, you would be better off just walking away because you will spend and lot of time fighting and in the end even if you win all you will get is less than the price of a slab.
Unfair, yes, unjust, again yes......welcome to the real world...

"Life is hard and then you die"
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #33
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Ohh

Im looking to give someone a special Christmas present from this thread if not careful
MERRY CRISTMAS Laminge.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yeh but it will do no good. You are better off voting LABOR because they have an actual political party.

I heard a rumour that one of their policies will be the promotion of tertiary education in the field of quantam physics. It seems they are fascinated by black holes and their effect on thriving economies in the OECD.

Now with regard to the original issue. Work choices has nothing to do with that. You were offered a job, you quit after one day. You wasted both your and your employer's time. He is probably annoyed at you for wasting the trainers time as you are at him for not paying you.
Yes he probably owes you money for your time and if it were me employing you then you would be paid but I am in QLD do not know the law in VIC.
If the total amount is only $28, you would be better off just walking away because you will spend and lot of time fighting and in the end even if you win all you will get is less than the price of a slab.
Unfair, yes, unjust, again yes......welcome to the real world...

"Life is hard and then you die"
apparantely "FLAPPIST" one of their first priorities if elected are to bring in a new hair do . thats more than beasley came up with in a decade of politics. hahaha.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:10 PM   #35
Scott

That explains Peter Garrett then...
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #36
bEAn86

i guess our ex employer was a little disapointed you only could handle 1 day before throwing in the towl and the employer may feel he/she has wasted thier time on you
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a side note it costs a company in the manufacturing sector in the first couple of days of employment anywhere from $500 to $1000 a day to train a new employee....

Old 18-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #38
XAGSV8
Member 178

It costs the business I manage about $5000 to train a new employee and I can tell you it #$%^ me off when this happens. They still get paid though. As for people blaming the government please actually read the new laws before you make a dumba$$ of yourself.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #39
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I think people need to re read the 1st post and stop ringing their own bell, what a joke some of these posts are.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #40
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
You have a number of options , the best is walk away , now the $28,00 is for a day or an hour ?
one of them would be acceptable but 28 for a day ?
what aren't you telling us ?

I worked for a cleaning company. The $28 is half of what I would usually be paid as I was being trained on the first day and there was the person training me (the guy I was working for) that got the other $28 as he was doing some of the work. There was no hourly wage with the job. I was just to be paid $56 once the job was done. Im not really worried about the $28. Its pocket change really. It's just the principal of the thing. I did a days work and I should be paid the agreed amount $28 for the days work. Companys don't forget about money that is owed to them so I don't see why I should. Thanks to everyone who has commented in this thread. Ill send him a few more emails and see what happens.
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #41
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Doesn't the proletariat work for the state anyway?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #42
chrispie123
Banned

sounds like you made the right decision their sounds like things could be shaky through employment their
the place im working at now is only casual and has compullsory over time daily with only time and a quater pay, its the only place i have ever heard of doing time and a quater but its only a job to tie me over before i find what i want
chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post