Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #31
frost
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Yes , Amazing all the "Unsung Heroes" people take for granted , "Hat's off to all of you"

O/T
I was just notified yesterday afternoon that I have to be in Melbourne (St. Vinny's Hospital) next Monday Afternoon (18th) & was wondering what the situation is along the highway (coming from NSW), as the Mrs will be doing the driving ?.
I'll check in on Sunday night if someone could give us an "update" at that time Please .

Thanks in Advance

Norm

The Wangatta to Mansfield area is like thick fog, make sure your car has the aircon working fine and recerc button on. You should be ok.

Its funny, I would acutally be at these fires but my cockhead teamleader told me he would fire me if I went, im going to rectify that today.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #32
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

why doesn't he want you to go??
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #33
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Yes , Amazing all the "Unsung Heroes" people take for granted , "Hat's off to all of you"

O/T
I was just notified yesterday afternoon that I have to be in Melbourne (St. Vinny's Hospital) next Monday Afternoon (18th) & was wondering what the situation is along the highway (coming from NSW), as the Mrs will be doing the driving ?.
I'll check in on Sunday night if someone could give us an "update" at that time Please .

Thanks in Advance

Norm
Gday Norm,
i hope your well:
gee its a long way to travel,dont they have decent Hospital up your way?
reguards Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost
The Wangatta to Mansfield area is like thick fog, make sure your car has the aircon working fine and recerc button on. You should be ok.

Its funny, I would acutally be at these fires but my cockhead teamleader told me he would fire me if I went, im going to rectify that today.
wtf, thats a bit un australian mate,i hope you set him straight ,would be funny if news got a hold of that little gem he would really be made to look a fool.
hope you sort it out without putting your job on the line bud.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #34
frost
Banned

He dosnt want me to go cause he has no understanding what the CFA does, all he cares about that our team dosnt get a 60k fine for failing service levels because he failed to do a proper roster and gave the people who are new that have the vaginas and breasts the hrs. I work 3 days a week now where i was on 50hrs now down to 30.

Its ok iv got it all worked out artical goes like this

"Global Company IBM with an office situated in ballarat Fires worker for helping out community by fighting the raging infernos in the north east" but then somewhere in the artical it will say.
"IBM have taken action against the team leader who fired the employee stating "its against IBMs policy to not give full support to their workers who are invovled in emergency services"

But still my TL insists if I leave I will be fired, I start work at 11 shall be interesting when I have a meeting with my manager
Old 13-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #35
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Quote:
Your teamleader is a ******! I'm not sure about Vic laws, etc. But here in NSW there a clauses in the rural fire act to protect employees if you are away fighting fires once the fire is declared as a section44 (refers to NSW Rural fire act - basically a big fire.)
I've been lucky to have bosses who have no problems letting me go to fires. Hope you sort it all out mate.

cheers,
Luke

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #36
frost
Banned

Well its all sorted, I shall head out on the next deployment to the north east next week. My manager wasnt happy with my team leader at all and he supports me 100% because its IBMs policy too. Good day for all....

Shame about the amount of smoke down here at the moment though
Old 13-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #37
Miss_XR6

good to hear frost... i cant believe your team leader wouldnt let u go im sure it be a deferent story if it was his house burning down
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #38
frost
Banned

haha big back flip off the team leader "Firing me was just a joke, you took it as a joke right"

idiot
Old 13-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #39
351buzz

They're saying on the local news the TOWONGA (NE vic) fire has been deliberatley lit.
What kind of ****head would do that.
My local wrecker lives out there, I hope all my stock is allright.
351buzz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #40
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Received these photos through email yesterday.. Apparently they are from Main Street in Bairnsdale yesterday at 2pm. The fires are approximately 40k north east of the town!!

Absolutely speechless
Old 15-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #41
AdzT3-146
own the road

At 2PM? wow, that's incredible.
speechless indeed
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #42
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351buzz
They're saying on the local news the TOWONGA (NE vic) fire has been deliberatley lit.
What kind of ****head would do that.
My local wrecker lives out there, I hope all my stock is allright.
Most of the time it's firemen/volunteer fire fighters that light these blazes! Had a guy in year 12 that was a volunteer fire fighter and wanted to look cool by being paged in class to get in his gear and go fight a fire, so he lit the local primary school on fire, caused thousands in damage, escaped jail though, also got caught with hundreds of pairs of girls underwear when he was arrested, FREAK!!!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #43
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well its all sorted, I shall head out on the next deployment to the north east next week. My manager wasnt happy with my team leader at all and he supports me 100% because its IBMs policy too. Good day for all....
I wouldn't get too excited, all of our Sydney boys we sent down this week are all pretty bored just doing mop-ups and backburns. Apparently the real fire at the moment is at Tumut and I've been told we'll be diverting to that rather than Victoria.

NSW region east might have a few problems next week, the hawksbury had several lightening strikes this week in some very inaccessible areas. They have the Helicopters and raft teams working on them but I think they are expecting the fires will make a run.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #44
BA Bakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
Most of the time it's firemen/volunteer fire fighters that light these blazes! Had a guy in year 12 that was a volunteer fire fighter and wanted to look cool by being paged in class to get in his gear and go fight a fire, so he lit the local primary school on fire, caused thousands in damage, escaped jail though, also got caught with hundreds of pairs of girls underwear when he was arrested, FREAK!!!
Got anymore proof of this, beside a few isolated cases. I'll admitt there the glory seekers / pyro's around. But, saying "Most of the time it's firemen/volunteer fire fighters that light these blazes!" just going to far mate. For example, the RFS has over 70,000 volunteers and if what you should was anywhere near the truth, the whole state would be on fire.

Maybe you should go talk to or join a brigade and find out the hard, at times damageous work this guys put in before making comments like you have.

To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
Old 15-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #45
BA Bakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
I wouldn't get too excited, all of our Sydney boys we sent down this week are all pretty bored just doing mop-ups and backburns. Apparently the real fire at the moment is at Tumut and I've been told we'll be diverting to that rather than Victoria.

NSW region east might have a few problems next week, the hawksbury had several lightening strikes this week in some very inaccessible areas. They have the Helicopters and raft teams working on them but I think they are expecting the fires will make a run.
Tumut fire is contained at the moment. Our brigade got two crews up there at the moment and things are starting to quiten down. We have more replacement crews for tomorrow and looks like they might not be needed.

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
[/SIZE]
Old 15-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #46
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The vast majority of the current fires were lit by lightning.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #47
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Bakes
Tumut fire is contained at the moment.
Good to hear. Gwydir and Narrabri seem to be still going - do you know any more on their status other than whats on the myrfs portal?
Old 15-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #48
BA Bakes

Quote:
Good to hear. Gwydir and Narrabri seem to be still going - do you know any more on their status other than whats on the myrfs portal?
No mate, sorry. Just spoke to my old man, his one of the strike force leader in Tumut at the moment, we aren't re-crewing the trucks from around wagga, there bringing them home tomorrow morning. All is looking good.

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
[/SIZE]
Old 18-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #49
frost
Banned

Quote:
Thats a fairly bold ******* comment mate! I know me and all the people I work with don't like fires

Fkin Retard
Old 18-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #50
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR6TickfordBoy does have some basis of merit - there have been instances of arson in the past which has been lit by Volunteer firies, but this is more out of the unfortunate attraction that arsonists have to the fire services. The fire services don't breed arsonists, it is a pre-existing psychological illness.

What was bold was the comment that most fires are lit by firies, which is inaccurate and ill-founded.

NSW RFS now requires a police check and about 4 or 5 different interviews before you can become a member - and the psychological profile of an arsonist is well known.
Old 18-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #51
frost
Banned

Ok ok there has been the occsonal firefighter that has lit a fire. But you cant blame all the fires on them like XR6TickfordBoy said
Old 18-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #52
nobbystang

Quote:
What was bold was the comment that most fires are lit by firies, which is inaccurate and ill-founded.
I just assumed he meant when they were lit by arsonists. We've all heard of the guy I think in the states that used to run around lighting fires and was always first at the station ready to go. Urban Legend or not, who cares, it does happen but luckily it's not common.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #53
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There have been about 4 or 5 notable ex-rfs arsonists in the last 7-8 years in NSW
Old 18-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #54
chrispie123
Banned

as frost said there is the occasional firefighter that may do it but who would most of them have to take leave without pay to fight fires like this, at my work at the moment we are that short staffed being a country area where a vast majority of labourers are fire fighters, all of which at my work are on unpaid leave being casual employees and all have their jobs welcome back when they return
chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post