Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: Comet Elenin

ok guys . i have some very bad news . those jet streams full of aluminum in america are actually real . the evidence is in those crazy americans .
SERIOUSLY NOW . dont worry , i have been following this for years with skeptisism , and most of these yanks , get proven wrong , with the rediculous assumptions . after october this year , i'm looking forward to the youtube bandwidth being free and having a lot of space .
the mayan calander for example . supposedly ends in october 28th . so we are near the end . the myth has already been busted , as we are now in the 5th night of the 9th wave . each day=18 days , each night 18 days , the thing is that the accepted theoligy says that the 5th day of every wave had a horrible horrible human trauma , the last 5th day was 9-11 twin towers . and i think the one before that WW1 OR 11, AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT . tdeath of christ or something there abouts . . the thing is every MAYAN theoligist was predicting catyclysmic events between 1st and 18th aug ( the 5th day) - nothing happened . accept a hiccup with the share market . whooooooooo really scary .
ohh and nibiru was supposed to be visible to all on earth with the naked eye since 2009 .
ohhh and in 1983 , pluto showed evidence of an eliptic orbit , suggesting a massive body 4 times the size of lupitor . incoming . by now it would have circled the sun and be on its way here , yet we havent seen a thing , and there is no 2nd sun , and our earth hasnt frozen over and burnt to a cinder because of its gravitational effects . DO NOT WORRY .
ON TYHE OTHER HAND , IF YOUR WAITING FOR A NEW GAS INJECTED FALCON , I'D BE REALLY CONCERNED !! new technology will be released and holden and toyota will have cars running on sunshine before its released .
Old 28-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #32
krzysiek

Hahaha, I loved how you ended that post. Brilliant lol. Interesting about the 5th day (1-18 Aug) and nothing happening. Don't know much about all of that so I won't really comment till / until I find out more. But, just a quick Q: wouldn't there be multiple periods of the "5th" day, so maybe on this "5th" day nothing happened but on the next it might/will?
Old 28-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have an observation.

Every single disaster in history has happened on a day that ends in "Y".

So I predict that every future disaster will happen on a day that ends in "Y" so if you are reading this on a day that ends in "Y" be very afraid and make sure your tinfoil hat is at the ready......
Old 28-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #34
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I have an observation.

Every single disaster in history has happened on a day that ends in "Y".

So I predict that every future disaster will happen on a day that ends in "Y" so if you are reading this on a day that ends in "Y" be very afraid and make sure your tinfoil hat is at the ready......

My god man, you are right. Today ends in Y, run for your lives the sky is falling
Old 28-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #35
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek
Hahaha, I loved how you ended that post. Brilliant lol. Interesting about the 5th day (1-18 Aug) and nothing happening. Don't know much about all of that so I won't really comment till / until I find out more. But, just a quick Q: wouldn't there be multiple periods of the "5th" day, so maybe on this "5th" day nothing happened but on the next it might/will?
Here's a tip for you - there's no 5th day. This is all complete and utter bollocks.

Anyone who is convinced of an end date, the day before that date I will pay you 1% cash value of all your assets if you sign them all over to me. You can live large for your final day on Earth and I'll spend your final day as a millionaire 'on paper'.

I offered this opportunity to a bunch of rapture believers, funnily enough, they didn't take me up on the offer.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #36
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
ohhh and in 1983 , pluto showed evidence of an eliptic orbit , suggesting a massive body 4 times the size of lupitor . incoming
Eh!?

Pluto has always shown evidence of an elliptical orbit, that's because it is in an elliptical orbit. That was determined in ~1930 shortly after it was discovered. FWIW, Eris and Ceres also have elliptical orbits and all three of them have nothing to do with a Planet X.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #37
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I find it amusing that "real" Astronomers, don't say the sky is falling.....
They tell you proper facts, like if it's going to hit Earth or not.
Old 28-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ok guys . i have some very bad news . those jet streams full of aluminum in america are actually real . the evidence is in those crazy americans .
SERIOUSLY NOW . dont worry , i have been following this for years with skeptisism , and most of these yanks , get proven wrong , with the rediculous assumptions . after october this year , i'm looking forward to the youtube bandwidth being free and having a lot of space .
the mayan calander for example . supposedly ends in october 28th . so we are near the end . the myth has already been busted , as we are now in the 5th night of the 9th wave . each day=18 days , each night 18 days , the thing is that the accepted theoligy says that the 5th day of every wave had a horrible horrible human trauma , the last 5th day was 9-11 twin towers . and i think the one before that WW1 OR 11, AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT . tdeath of christ or something there abouts . . the thing is every MAYAN theoligist was predicting catyclysmic events between 1st and 18th aug ( the 5th day) - nothing happened . accept a hiccup with the share market . whooooooooo really scary .
ohh and nibiru was supposed to be visible to all on earth with the naked eye since 2009 .
ohhh and in 1983 , pluto showed evidence of an eliptic orbit , suggesting a massive body 4 times the size of lupitor . incoming . by now it would have circled the sun and be on its way here , yet we havent seen a thing , and there is no 2nd sun , and our earth hasnt frozen over and burnt to a cinder because of its gravitational effects . DO NOT WORRY .
ON TYHE OTHER HAND , IF YOUR WAITING FOR A NEW GAS INJECTED FALCON , I'D BE REALLY CONCERNED !! new technology will be released and holden and toyota will have cars running on sunshine before its released .
in the translation of the mayan calendar to ours, i hope you took into account that we have no zero in our calendar, the mayans did...............which means the the majority of dates are in fact incorrect..............for a small fee i will sell all my corrected doomsday dates on CD for an extra............. fiver i`ll throw in a "we are all doomed t`shirt" with the concluded date of our ultimate demise

in all seriousness, i had a bit of a session looking at all these doom scenarios (yawn) with the mass of people reporting on this............ including some that seem to be credible sources( i could be wrong), i do have a bit of .... er apprehension , one of the youtube clips mentions yellowstone, the area above the caldera (huge lava basin beneath)has risen x amount, i think it was 10 inches, again i could be wrong, this has a lot of people worried in the land of the bent 8 it would seem.
Old 28-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #39
gtfpv
GT

guys i was generalising with my post , i dont study the topic , i just amuse my self in a skeptical way watching this stuff . my point being not to worry , as all these yankee doodle doomsday theories , come to pass and the youtuber disappears or changes the dates further into the future . now they are saying its the 5th night where catastrophic events happen LOL .So that would be between 18th august and 5th september whooooo !!!! ohhh and after the 1st sept nibiru should be visable, watch all this stuff slowly turn into dec 21st 2012 . something that all these gurus have been contesting is the wrong date ,saying its actually oct 28th 2011 .
Rodp, youve put more effert and factual study into it than me so . elaborate if you want .
Old 28-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Rodp, youve put more effert and factual study into it than me so . elaborate if you want .
I really don't study the crackpot theories, just shoot them down when I see one cross my path (so please don't think I specifically target anything you say, just the theories that you present and there's nothing wrong with having an open mind and asking the question).

I'm an avid star gazer, nothing more than that at the moment. Have a couple of telescopes, can point most things out in the night sky with little trouble and have been fascinated by it for many years.

For all I know, life could end in 2012 - a dead civilization could be right. However, the proof that has been presented so far doesn't even make me the slightest bit concerned.

Comet resonance. It's bollocks. There isn't even a minuscule part of me that entertains the notion that this could have any credence whatsoever. Mercury, Venus and our own Moon would have rattled our cage more frequently and with many magnitudes more force than a ~3km wide insignificant Comet.

Planet X. It's bollocks. I've heard Jupiter mass, I've heard brown Dwarf. These things don't magically appear, they also don't go centuries without inflicting their influence on our Solar System. If there was a Planet X, we'd have either spotted it by now or calculated something of such considerable mass influencing other celestial bodies. Could governments cover it up? NO! The amateur community are the ones that discover the majority of things up in the local sky and also the 'cosmic police' of shenanigans. Not a peep from anyone I trust.

I prefer to base my knowledge and future on what we observe and understand rather than the end of a calendar of an extinct civilisation (that has been opined, clocks much like an odometer at 2012). Makes for some good Hollywood inspired situations but I loathe the fear that it creates. It can be harmful. The Large Hadron Collider prompted a suicide - through ignorance.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp

Planet X. It's bollocks. I've heard Jupiter mass, I've heard brown Dwarf. These things don't magically appear, they also don't go centuries without inflicting their influence on our Solar System. If there was a Planet X, we'd have either spotted it by now or calculated something of such considerable mass influencing other celestial bodies. Could governments cover it up? NO! The amateur community are the ones that discover the majority of things up in the local sky and also the 'cosmic police' of shenanigans. Not a peep from anyone I trust.

i'm a sceptic also, however... i have found this from my own reading

http://www.google.com/sky/

hit the link
enter mercury in search bar
turn on infra-red
supposedly nibiru to the left @ 9 hours / 47 minutes / 59.0 seconds / 13 degrees / 16 feet / 19.3 inches

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 28-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #42
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope your right Rodp.
Old 28-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #43
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09
http://www.google.com/sky/

hit the link
enter mercury in search bar
turn on infra-red
supposedly nibiru to the left @ 9 hours / 47 minutes / 59.0 seconds / 13 degrees / 16 feet / 19.3 inches
Oh. So Google sky had found an object that the greater intelligent and diligent astrological community haven't found. Well... I'm convinced.

I'll offer you an extra percent. All your worldly possessions for 2% of their worth on whatever day you want to choose.
Old 28-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #44
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i hope your right Rodp.
The beauty of all this. If I'm right, I'm revered. If I'm wrong, we won't be around to chastise me.
Old 28-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Why can't Gillard in instead?
I hear she's working on a new tax for it!
Old 28-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #46
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Oh. So Google sky had found an object that the greater intelligent and diligent astrological community haven't found. Well... I'm convinced.

I'll offer you an extra percent. All your worldly possessions for 2% of their worth on whatever day you want to choose.

no - not at all...

i didnt say i was convinced or that i was trying to convince anyone - as i said i'm a sceptic also

just pointing it out - theres plenty of different theories out there

WTF is that?!? all theories lead to it being a dark/brown dwarf hence why only visible in IR - and lines up with the theory other celestial orbits being momentarily stressed due to gravitational forces - this has being observed.

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 28-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #47
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

look if a massive meteorite/comet hits the planet and destroys all known civilisation, not leaving any trace of life, i'll come straight on and post a warning thread about it ok.

until then let's get back to arguing about why turbos are better than v8's or how Ford doesn't have an xr8. The important stuff!

back on topic, i believe the predictions made by that guy in the OP's video are fearmongering rubbish. We'll see in a couple of months.
Old 28-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #48
Bobman
Regulator

Would it be really bad if the Earth's population was reduced to a more sustainable level?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 28-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #49
AMGC63
Banned

Boy this thread rivals the world depression thread...
Old 28-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #50
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Would it be really bad if the Earth's population was reduced to a more sustainable level?
No but reducing the level of inane threads in the bar is not a bad thing either....
Closed Thread