Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #31
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Hey MrSparkle, do(/did) you actually own an S15, or is that just your avatar?
Yes sir. It is beneath me in the garage as I type, awaiting finalisation of finances from the buyer who has put down a deposit on it. It has been a sensational device and has taught me many a lesson on the values of performance motoring, namely, chassis competence, agility, and corner speed. :evil3:

Something like this new GTR would be a marvellous replacement, but I fear that when it finally comes out, if we actually get them over here they will be priced a bit high. Mind you, I must confess I have run some numbers on getting an R34 GTR! It's close but another 10-15% cheaper would put it firmly over the line. :
Old 20-10-2005, 02:08 AM   #32
donkeylover

It is 350z lookalike compared to the last one,its a lot more coupe shape and the headlights are not far from the same on the 350z.I love it! how long do u think it will be before blitz or sumo get one past 1000bhp not long :-)
donkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 03:08 AM   #33
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:sm_drool:

With those looks, who needs p0rn?

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 03:41 AM   #34
paul7v7
bring it on

I am mixed on my views, the front looks bad, real bad, the back looks ok, and the side looks good. From the profile it looks like an FTO/RX8. I still think it looks better though than the boxy R34 thing.

They'll never get it looking as good as the R32.
Old 20-10-2005, 07:28 AM   #35
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Clearly I have been looking at Nissans for too long then, to not see the blindingly obvious similarities that you guys can. I'll put on my Blue Oval Blinkers now - ah that's better. Now I can compare every car on the road to a Ford, preferably a Falcon of some variety, as that is my baseline of existance. Hey look, you are right! I can see it now - they are identical in every respect! Boy don't I feel stupid! :

Im with you sparkly Man

maybe it's just the turbo 4 cylinder driver in me :
Old 20-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #36
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Friggin POS. You may as well de badge a 350Z, add a nicer lookin body kit and slap GT-R badges on it. Gotta say R33 and R34, the Japs aced, this one, what supposed to be the R35, they just stuffed up hard.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #37
Karnage
Finger Painter

IF you can't see the glearing similarities you must be blind, look at the roof line, the overall shape etc. Given there is a touch of RX8 thrown in for good measure. Considering this model will sell beside the 350z a better way of making it obvious would be to look at the previous parallel, compare a R32-R34 to a 300ZX? Now have a look at them and point out the differences.
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #38
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Can't stand the front, love the rear. Looks similar to a 350Z to me, particularly at an angle from the front, very similar lines.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #39
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe how many of you guys get so moist over the R32 and R34 Skylines! I absolutely hate that shape, but this GT-R looks pretty horny to me.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #40
HLC
Audi S3

its ugly. and its lines are too similar to the 350z
Old 20-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #41
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Looks nice Dave. But too much like a 350Z to me.
Thats the first thing I thought, before I read any comments, I can see they are fairly different when you look at the comparison pics above, but at first glance looks like a 350z, in any event, either car dont do much for me.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:19 AM   #42
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

maybe at a first glance it is 350z'ish but the comparison pictures clearly show it really has nothing in common except it has 2 doors i guess.

It is to a 350z what a Commodore is to a Falcon...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #43
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

That is one sweet looking car - If figures for Quarter - 0-100 times go further that its predisesser we are looking at one beast of a performance car....
GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #44
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh; this skyline looks too much like the z >_<"
i love the chiselled edges on the 32 and 34 ^_^V
i like the ztune 34 even more!
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #45
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
maybe at a first glance it is 350z'ish but the comparison pictures clearly show it really has nothing in common except it has 2 doors i guess.

It is to a 350z what a Commodore is to a Falcon...
yep thats it, its a 2 door coupe so similar to a Z, the way a 4 door commodore sedan is similar to a 4 door falcon sedan ...

I am surprised how many people dont like the R34 GTR's !!!! as much as i love the original R32 Godzilla i would step over my own mother and GF and give away a testicle just to get one of the Nismo Z-Tune R34's **drooool**

The Z-Tune Skyline was designed by Nismo (Nissan Motorsports Division) to be the ultimate track car. It was specifically built to be driven at 100% for thirty minute track sessions. Because the R34 had been out of production for several years, Nismo bought up several used cars with low mileage, and used them as the base for the Z-Tune models. Only twenty were produced.

Engine

The heart of the NISMO R34GT-R Z-tune that exhibits such dominating performance is the RB 26DETT Modified Z2 engine.

To achieve an engine that generates more than 500 bhp and provide durability required from road-going cars, many techniques and know-how that NISMO accumulated throughout the racing scenes, have been lavishly adopted into this Z2 engine. Engine displacement has been increased from 2.6 to 2.8 liters.

A serial number is applied to each of the 20 RB26DETT modified Z2 engines. In the future, this will be used for data management.

Suspension

Special tuning for "Z-tune" based on a damper made by SACHS (vehicle height, attenuation force, 3-way adjustment type) and which has been proven in GT500 vehicles was used for the suspension, which has a major impact on handling performance. A wide range of driving conditions is supported by mounting S tires for high-speed driving on a closed circuit to mounting sports radials for street driving.

Brakes

This brake system, which was developed for a target performance of 1.6 G when mounted with S tires, was jointly developed with Brembo. It features such parts as a mono-block 6-piston caliper (for the front), 2-piece front brake rotor with a O365 rotor system, and O355 mm one-piece rear brake rotor jointly developed with KIRYU. In addition, the ABS unit was specially tuned to further utilize the performance of these high-performance parts. The ATTESA ET-S and active L.S.D. were specially tuned to accompany the increase in engine power in order to make the torque distribution to the front more suitable and to improve the rear differential effectiveness, among other things, to stay true to the great handling of the base car Skyline GT-R (BNR34).

Wheels

R34GT-R Z-tune rides on black LM GT4 "GT500 Model" lightweight forged aluminum wheels that were jointly developed with RAYS. This is a wheel with the same rim shape and color as used for GT500 race vehicles.
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #46
SWOOP
XRSVO

best motoring have a nice DVD of the Z tune development explaining same as above post ,worth a look as these things are awsome
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #47
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not really a fan of the front... may grow on me though, Back looks good though. Some areas look similar to the 350Z but thats just NIssan design DNA IMO...

Oh and any R33/R34 = : R32's were the best looking IMO..
Old 20-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #48
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Some comparitive shots, and I have chosen the Nismo 350z which has a body kit, as several posts have alluded to this particular combination.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are you are right - the overall look is way different. However look a little more than skin deep and you will see the underlying chassis shape is remarkably similar to the 350Z. The length of the bonnet, the rise of the A pillar, the short stubby 'docked tail' look of the boot. It's all there.

But hell, why wouldn't you use the 350Z chassis - it is a piece of artwork designed from the ground up to be a sports car.
Old 20-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #49
WASP
Whipple Induced

Mmmm, it's interesting and notr was I was expecting. I don't mind it but first impressions are I think it may lost some of it's Jap Muscle Car appeal is is now more sport car oriented. I need more time to process it I think. Would like to see one in the flesh.
Old 20-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #50
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Looks bloody nice to me.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #51
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I prefer the R34//

But this tuning mob have done some great work on the V35

Base: Nissan Skyline (CV35)
Engine: VK45 V8 Twin Turbo SPL
Drivetrain: 6speed Getrag, ORC, RWD
Output: 720ps /7000rpm
Notes:
TAS 05 - Best Tuned Car
Max Power 05 - Best Tuned Car
341km/h Autobahn Attack

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/gallery.shtml

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #52
nang3

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
My thoughts are you are right - the overall look is way different. However look a little more than skin deep and you will see the underlying chassis shape is remarkably similar to the 350Z. The length of the bonnet, the rise of the A pillar, the short stubby 'docked tail' look of the boot. It's all there.

But hell, why wouldn't you use the 350Z chassis - it is a piece of artwork designed from the ground up to be a sports car.

yep i'd have to agree, i had a 350Z for a year or so and the chassis balance was sublime.. soooooooo easy to control when drifting or taking corners at almost any speed, just a touch more or less throttle would increase or decrease the sideways angle.. otherwise it would sit there all friggen day!!
Old 20-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #53
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I only really like the rear treatment. I'm sure it'll look nicer in the flesh.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #54
marcosambrose

I LOVE the 350 and i love this too, i guess i have a taste in cars that not many other people here have.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #55
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Totally agree with Mr Sparkles on this one, anyone who thinks the 350Z looks the same as this concept GT-R must think all cars look the same or either they're blind. The only direct relevance between this and the 350Z is the 40mm wide flattened area around the wheel arches and a small section of roofline.

Mabey when you squint your eyes from a distance you might be able to see a vague resemblence between the two...
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #56
rodderz

I dont mind it... I think they want to stick with a common Nissan theme while making it individual, hence similarities with the 350Z. There seems to be a hint of S2000 in the lights too

I can imagine APS doing some kits for the overseas market for these...they should be rocketships
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #57
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I think the styling will grow on people in time, IMO the headlights should have been side by side like the older models, but all new style will go with the new V8 i guess, i always liked R32,33 more for the engineering/performance factor than outright styling anyway, i would have bought one but didn't because by the time i could afford one they had become the staple "must have" of a type of person i want no association with....i wear my hats the right way round.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 20-10-2005 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #58
nang3

^^^ hehehe know what ya mean, i remember when an R32 GTR was a $100K rare as rockinghorse shizzle beast of a car !!!! still nice as but ...
Old 21-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #59
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I can see where people are seeing the similarity between this and the Z, but I still love it!

Looks killer and it'll only grow on me further.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #60
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What were they thinking when they designed the front. Looks weird, especially the black bit and that silly little grill. Looks like it was designed specifically for Gran Turismo 5.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post