Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #31
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I've got extended factory warranty, but then again, that came at the runout sale. Bugger paying for it! Plus all AU's already have cover on corrosion and paint that extends to 5 years anyway.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #32
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been sold that ext waranty a few times. I just cancel it after the 1st few days. That way it puts $ back on the loan Some salesmen /financers just don't take "NO" for an answer.

I got done hard on the 1st one and I learned from that. I needed to spend $2500 on a supposed cyl head replacement for my EL that I'd bought 40,000k's prior. $2500 labour apparently. I've replaced another 2 head gaskets since @ $210 and 6 hours of my time.

They ain't work the paper they are written on. If you read carefully they actually cover nothing on a 2nd hand car. As it's classified "normal wear and tear"

[edit]Gap covers another good rip off. No insurance company with pay out/write off a car unless 100% necessary. It's very hard to get a car written off. Especially if the cars worth more than $10,000.

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 12-05-2005 at 12:16 AM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
They ain't work the paper they are written on. If you read carefully they actually cover nothing on a 2nd hand car. As it's classified "normal wear and tear"
Agree 100%, they are a total joke. Not worth it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 03:04 AM   #34
Timeshift

Ok then! No extended warranty!
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #35
Pete A
Boss 260

Hey guys! The email thread supports that the dealer tried in on with Ford and lost. Tried to recoup from you and in the end he has no grounds to. Can't blame him for trying but you stood your ground and good on you. I would hate to think that they would give you more problems in another service but some people are strange.

After owning several new Fords I can honestly say that the factory warranties that they offer are quite generous - I guess Holden is the same. My wife has a 307 PUG, my brother has a Beamer. Spare a thought for them as their expesive imports have hopeless warranties. If I have brake shudder on my Ford ( and I have had it ) the fix is covered under warranty. My wife's Pug - no way! They charge for the disc machine AND the new pads if needed. As for my brothers Beamer - he can't wait to get rid of it. The service costs are unbelievable. Apart from all the other stuff, their labour rates are very high and their level of competance is no better or worse than my experiences with Ford. Right now the warranties offered by the local cars manufacturers are world class if not world leading, and there is just as much technology in the local cars as the imports.

AS the thread says, be very carefull about Xtended warranties - they have minimal coverage. Good luck!
Pete A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post