Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default 850-R anyone ever played with them??

Hi all, just bought an 850-R that I plan to use as my daily to and from the new shop, the Z chews through way too much fuel to justify using it from Deer Park to Geelong every day.

The car isn't currently going, it's possibly got a blown motor, that's not a problem as I have already sourced a couple of long second handies for under $2K.

My dilemma is this, I want to fiddle with it :

As many here know I can't leave a car as its maker had intended it to be, so I need to know if anyone here has ever had a play with one or knows someone that tweaks them real nice. It's the 5 cylinder turbo that the XR5 gets, same engine but different electronics otherwise I would have a heap of bits to bring over from the US, but why would you when these things came out in 96 with 180kw standard as opposed to the XR5's 150 odd. Oooh maybe I can use aftermarket XR5 FMIC though, hmmm just thought of that.

So anyone at all know someone that might know someone maybe??

They are a wolf in sheeps clothing even in standard form with low 14 high 13 1/4's from what I know when they're running right, but that's just not going to cut it really. I've already hit a number of websites and forums but not alot of info, heaps of aftermarket shops in the US but not alot here, well none that advertise prices here LOL

Anyone ever owned one or even driven one, they were the follow on from the T5-R in 95 which was only produced in 95 as a special model then became the 850-R from 96 (which mine is) to 98, then from their it was the V70-R I think.

thanks in advance
Stef
Phoenix

p.s. these were the cars that got the whole "bloody volvo driver" thing with the coppers using them as chasers at the time in Europe and chasing down many exotics with no problems.

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post