Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #31
max
LWBforME

There's no question its a mock-up. Opened it in Photoshop and enlarged it. Not even terribly well done at that. Patchy pixels all around the cars and a poor road surface restoration job. Also the little car appears to have brakes applied (left brake light is on), and judging by the lean to the left, suspension has come to grief. Broken ball-joints maybe??
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #32
BlackLS

Shiii, that Trabant is all gangstaz and whatnot, mirror tints, car full of ladies, showing off its hydrolics to Mr Lambo, whilst doing a fly-by...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #33
Danny
GT4.

To all you naysayers here. That pic is probably not a Photoshopped pic. It would simply be a Lambo driver whose going under the speed limit (Is that so hard to beleive!?). We've all experienced it! Car in front is going slow, we being impatient want to pass it! and there is no rule that we cant pass supercars is there! I don't find it so surprising.

Also, Lamborghini Dablo VT is around 3100mm wide, and that early model was never ridiculusly low to the ground, the guy over the road from me had one and I was surprised at its proportions.

The little car is an old heap, probably with crap suspension that leans as soon as its out of its comfort zone of straight ahead, and that why it leans so. And as for the Brake light somone mentioned. Its the blinker!! Have a closer look.

Its out of the ordinary yes, but it doen't mean that its a photoshop for crissakes!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #34
max
LWBforME

Yeah youre right its a blinker. But its pretty sus in the digital department as I say. Sure it could be so. My mate lawyer had a 924 and drove it 3 kms a day to work & back. But he hated country road driving so flew interstate etc. Fastest that 924 went was about 80kph I reckon. Car was just a pure pose.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #35
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Shiii, that Trabant is all gangstaz and whatnot, mirror tints, car full of ladies, showing off its hydrolics to Mr Lambo, whilst doing a fly-by...
Glad somebody else has paid tribute to the old Trabant. Fond memories of driving through the old East Germany in the 1980s and there'd be a Trabant with its bonnet up every few kilometres with the family sitting around eating wurst and waiting for whatever the politbureau version of the RAC was.

Like I said, the Lambo's slowing down so it doesn't lose its bum on the level crossing - for the Trabant it probably doesn't matter. The joke is not just that its a small car overtaking, but its a Trabant. Be assured the Lambo will scorch him on the other side of the crossing.

For a great shot of a communist era Skoda bumming it over a level crossing see the 1997 Oscar winning Czech film 'Kolya'. You have to have been there to appreciate these things.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #36
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Trabby? I thought that is was a Skoda.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #37
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Trabby? I thought that is was a Skoda.
Studies picture closely - yes you could be right, Sorry. That explains a lot, it would be a Czech driving.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #38
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Damn. And you think there was a photo taken when my little Honda overtook a Ferrari 550 on a racetrack?

Last edited by Rev28K; 01-03-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #39
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
So what are your thoughts on the Moon Landing??
What... apart from the super intelligent monkeys that came back?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #40
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Damn. And you think there was a photo taken when my little Honda overtook a Ferrari 550 on a racetrack?
You'd only have 12 people on this forum telling you it was a Photoshop job so just treasure the memory. (And don't tell us the Ferrari was in the pit at the time!)
Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #41
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Damn those Lambos are slow. I had to overtake three of them on my way to work the other day in my Cortina. :hihi: Not quite as bad as Camrys though. :

Cheers, Danny
Hey, I warning you. Leave the Camrys a loan.... My wife drive ones, with a grunty 75kw motor.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #42
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
It is a photoshoped picture. The difference in height between the blue car and the Lamborghini is wrong.

FF

Unless you state what the "blue car" is, that comment has no weight, for reference its a Skoda!

Can't it just be a point of amusement rather than something to be torn apart and castigated by the masses? Take it at face value and laugh!

Thanks RR, its a beauty!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #43
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishxc
Unless you state what the "blue car" is, that comment has no weight, for reference its a Skoda!

Can't it just be a point of amusement rather than something to be torn apart and castigated by the masses? Take it at face value and laugh!

Thanks RR, its a beauty!
Oh so because it looks real then it must be real and nobody is allowed to question its authenticity? :

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #44
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

how bout that little car has a fat person driving hence why its already half leaning and then with the camber in the road.......
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #45
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Oh so because it looks real then it must be real and nobody is allowed to question its authenticity? :

FF
Hey its on the internet it must be true.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is quite amusing. Why is it that you all seem to assume that because it is a lambo it will be going fast?
FFS, there are a zillion reasons why this is bappening. Maybe that lambo driver is looking at some scenerty outside and just being a tourist. Maybe there is a pothole in front of him. Maybe he is just flopping along having a good time.

Maybe the buzzbox owner is actually a fruitloop forum junky on hols in europe and is in the most expensive rent'a'scud he could afford, sees a lambo parked on the road while the owner is on a mobile phone and gets his dropkick mate to photograph him doing some dukes of hazzard routine so they both have something to troll the internet later and wind up all the gullible forum "experts".......

Oh and the moon landing never happened, it was filmed in a studio backlot on Mars.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #47
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Oh and the moon landing never happened, it was filmed in a studio backlot on Mars.....
Was it mars or was it Arizona i get the two mixed up.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #48
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I overtook a very original looking old red Lambo Countach a few weeks ago, no spoiler or body kit, driven by a middle-aged Asian guy. It was so low I reckon I couldn't see any of it from the driver's seat properly without looking over. From quarter angles it looked like a smashed up truck. Bizarre looking thing.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #49
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
I overtook a very original looking old red Lambo Countach a few weeks ago, no spoiler or body kit, driven by a middle-aged Asian guy. It was so low I reckon I couldn't see any of it from the driver's seat properly without looking over. From quarter angles it looked like a smashed up truck. Bizarre looking thing.
probably a half built kit car....
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #50
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I actually thought it might be. I usually try to see if things like that are a kit or the real thing. I saw a Pontiac Fiero converted to a Ferrari in South Melbourne once.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #51
GMACK24
Blue Ghost

I Lol'd