Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:33 AM   #31
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the good thing about holden is that navites dont drive fords anymore.

i like holden and ford, but ford better, coz you see too many try hards to drive holdens, usually in the vl-vn cattegory, what irritates me is when you ask a chic, what car they like....they say holdens all the way or sum shit like that... and you ask em why, and they cant give you a reason.

i hate people with the attitude of...wouldnt buy a ford, or never owned a ford, but their shit lol.

but theres this one guy i know that only likes fords, holens are shit rar rar rar... hes a half whit, trying to convince me that his mate has a 186 (which was bought with the car) 4 cylinder motor...hahahah he wouldnt admit that the 186 was a 6. always had to be right. ya meet sum pretty strange people skateboarding. hahahaha

i think its just a popularity thing ay, in WA holden wins, so more people will buy holdens, just to be cool. hey its all good with me, means fords/parts are cheaper
Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #32
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

well down here in vic i can safely say that a fiar majority of p plate commodore drivers are dicks to put it mildly but its always the ones with the shit cars i.e vl n/a 6 and vn-vt v6 u tend to find the ones with the worked 8's and turbos know the limits of their vecicle and unlike the v6 owners they dont try and do stuff that the car is not capable of
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #33
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

I dunno about all the rest of you but when i am out and about i swear that 80% of the ******** drivers that im around are commo drivers.

Sorry to all the good drivers out there who love their commos and are sensible most of the time but the holden camp seems to attract a pile of losers for some reason ... :rolleyes:

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendass
hey i know that not many of you people like holden drivers.... and especially champsy.... but the whole rock throwing thing, blaming it on RCK is a bit harsh, i mean yeah maybe that was one member laying tyres on the road, but an average cruise with RCK has up to 300 cars. yeah some of them drive like dick heads but im sure that cruises you go on this is the case too. its a serious matter and i know that if ANYONE from RCK found out it was a member that there would be no hesitation to 'sort them out' to put it kindly. What im really trying to say is that RCK are there for the same reason as you they all love their cars and like to show them off we need to appreciate the clubs we are in and show respect to others also. RCK always put on a great cruise and if you know someone that is a member maybe come and check it out. some dudes do bring there fords also, they are also welcome.

Thanxs. Ash
Mate it could have been the same idiot in a ford...or toyota..the point being an idiot is an idiot even when he is walking down the street.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #35
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Wow.

Things like this really surprise me about how people react. You do realise that your talking about cars right? A 'holden driver' is absolutely no different to any other brand of driver, other than that the car he is currently driving appears to be a holden.

I've seen just as many owners of other cars do stupid sh!t on the roads, including beloved fords. Whats that phrase? Same sh!t different smell?

Where I live (which is clearly a different planet compared to some of you people), while there may be a dominance of holden drivers, those idiots behind the wheels drive mazdas, nissans, datsuns, mitsubishis, holdens, fords, toyotas - in fact, I'd almost say that there are more silly drivers in ambiguous model small hatches... as they seem to have something to prove (hey, not every laser is a tx3 guys!)

Anyway. Damn. Attend group therapy or something - can we have a section on the forums for that? ;)

Last edited by BlueRaven; 12-03-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:08 AM   #36
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Anyway. Damn. Attend group therapy or something - can we have a section on the forums for that? ;)
We would have to move most threads to just that section!

: : :
Old 12-03-2005, 11:36 AM   #37
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute33
gormless twit
Old 12-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #38
oneredED
need more boost

Look, i'll admit, i do tend to see alot of idiot holden drivers (just wait i do have a point coming later :P) back home in the country. You know the ones who bag out your car then get really fired up when you tell them to "chill out over the ford bashing mate, it's just a freakin car, your commodore's the same shit in a different bucket". I really get so frustrated with people who act like this. The same people are the ones you see driving like dicks later on that night about to write themselves off.

BUT, I do see my fair share of ford ****ers too, the number does seem a little dissproportionate however, but nonetheless, they exist on our roads. Like the white AUXR8 ute that sat on my bumper, then cut me off a few weeks back. I nearly ran into the back of the stupid ****wit at the next set of lights because his taillights were tinted so dark you couldn't see anything when he braked.

There are no doubt commodore drivers out there who have seen me driving, and thought "what a wreckless ****er", as i have about commodores. I know i badly cut off a VP senator a few weeks back on dandenong rd. Not thinking, my brakes were stone cold (hence i had f--- all brakes), and i was gonna possibly run up the **** of the car in front of me, so i darted into the free lane to the left and pulled up safely. The commodore in the left lane a little behind me was cut off but at least we didn't crash. Now he probably thinks i was just being a dick, but really i didn't have much choice at the time. It was my fault with the brakes, but i wasn't intentionally being a ****er like you so often THINK you see.

I dunno, but i think this thread has the potential to start a massive shitfight between holden and ford's respective forums?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #39
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I tend to think that peope forget that we all do silly thing on the road form time to time weither you mean to do it or accidently do it. We are not perfect & we make mistakes it only human. This is a part of life, when driving you should always be on the look out for some one that is driving poorly & recect as required. If you do see a ******** coming move over, let them pass because if you block them, they just try some dickheaded move to get pass you, then you mite end up in some sort of trouble if their dickheaded move doesn't work out. Their drive all types of makes & models from small to big.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #40
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I would be interested to see the actual facts; I would almost bet my left nut that the vast majority of accidents involving people under 30 are commodores.

It would be very interesting if there is some info somewhere on what cars are involved in accidents. Whether you like it or not, the majority of VK-VS drivers that have modded there car in some way are twats, and seem to think there 16' clubby rims will save them.

There are idiots in all makes; but it a damn fact that 70% of tools drive commys. That sound narrow minded and biased; but that doesn't make it false.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I would be interested to see the actual facts;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
but it a damn fact that 70% of tools drive commys.
Thats just left me sitting here going :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Thats just left me sitting here going :
lol..ok but you know what I mean...I just got up...lol

I dare someone to find some facts that can prove me wrong.

I would bet that if there was a list it would have imports at the top; and commys second.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #43
Kryton

ok just for a quick insurance test (since premiums are based on crash figures for each model and age group) im getting a quote from RACV (online). for this test i will be 20 years old (still with P plates). quotes will be with NO MODS of any kind and market value. for both cars i will be acting as if i have no previous insurance, crashes and not financed
the cars are:
1996 Ford EL GLi 4.0 sedan: annual amount is $653.48 with a rating 4
1996 Holden VS Executive 3.8 sedan: annual amount is $750.99 with a rating 4

now you can make your own conclusions as to what car is more likely to be crashed in this age group.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #44
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As if anyone can stick up for most of the tools in commo's. No shit, id have to agree with that 70% figure. They always have to prove something, its fkn lame.
Old 14-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #45
dannc
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
ok just for a quick insurance test (since premiums are based on crash figures for each model and age group) im getting a quote from RACV (online). for this test i will be 20 years old (still with P plates). quotes will be with NO MODS of any kind and market value. for both cars i will be acting as if i have no previous insurance, crashes and not financed
the cars are:

now you can make your own conclusions as to what car is more likely to be crashed in this age group.
is this because Holden drivers are more likely to crash or because market value of a 1996 holden is more than a 1996 ford?

Red Book Quotes :

1996 FORD FALCON

EF II Sedan GLi 4dr Auto 4sp 4.0i
average kms 150,000 - 180,000
Trade in price guide* $2,800 - $4,200
National average price - private sale* $4,000 - $6,100

Price when new (RRP) $30,249

&

1996 HOLDEN COMMODORE

VS Sedan Executive 4dr Auto 4sp 3.8i
Trade in price guide* $3,500 - $5,000
National average price - private sale* $4,800 - $6,900

Price when new (RRP) $29,610

D.
Old 14-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #46
Kryton

1996 FORD FALCON

EL Sedan GLi 4dr Auto 4sp 4.0i (Sept onwards)
Trade in price guide* $3,300 - $4,700
National average price - private sale* $4,500 - $6,700
Price when new (RRP) $30,304

EL not EF2. prices are pretty close though.
Old 14-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #47
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Where I work, especially on Fridays, I hear V8s rumbling up and down the street *at least* 5-10 times, what are they, you ask?

Young morons driving riced up VKs. I even saw one go sideways round the roundabout down the end of the street and almost into a tree.

Like others have said, it's not all Holden drivers, just the ones under 25. Over that age, they seem to take more care and have a certain amount of responsibility for their actions. Heck, my mate has a VB POS and he lost it into a tree in front of my eyes. He was alright, just snapped the rear axle and some panel damage.
Old 14-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #48
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway

I can relate to this. My previous car was a 97 VSII Berlina V6 (don't ask) and insurance was $1500 p/a full comp. Now my current car is a 97 EL Fairmont Ghia V8. Insurance is $1100 p/a full comp. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 14-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #49
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
I can relate to this. My previous car was a 97 VSII Berlina V6 (don't ask) and insurance was $1500 p/a full comp. Now my current car is a 97 EL Fairmont Ghia V8. Insurance is $1100 p/a full comp. :
Wow, you pay alot for insurance. Who are you insured through?
Old 14-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #50
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

being a fire fighter we attend car incidents all the time and we have the stats i.e for age, sex, car etc.... will try and get exact figures but the majority of inncidents are holdens......with drivers under 25 with females having the most, but males making the most $$$ damage......
Old 15-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #51
masters24
I gots me a UTE

when i think of unsafe burnout i remember all the vk/vl commys tryin their hardest down at the boat ramp, for me... old commys = unsafe driving.
however, to be VERY honest with you, the only burnouts/circle work i have ever seen a falcon do is out clapped out XE in the paddock, but never has taken the old girl onto the road (got her for 100 bucks)

Old 15-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #52
lizardmech

I think its because Holden has been more succesful at marketing the commodore. If you talk to any of the idiots they never have a clue about their car and they only bought it becuse they wanted a Holden. Most of them don't even seem to know why they wanted a commodore and if asked will usually respond with something like: FORDS SUCK OMG! I think that if the marketing situation was reversed you would see more idiots in falcons.

Old 15-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #53
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

As one of the "slightly" older forum members (and one who has owned both Holdens and Fords over the years), I can probably offer a more general perspective...

Generally, I find the majority of drivers nowadays (no matter what they're driving), pretty ordinary. In the case of the younger blokes, I see a lot of riced up Falcodores, with their taxi-spec 6-cylinder/autos, fully clear tail-lights, big wings and canon exhausts. The blokes driving them are often try-hards, with little actual driving skill, and even less mechanical aptitude (which is why they go for "form over fuunction" when modifying their vehicles...

I drive our Cressida around (and, yes, there are plenty of Toyota "try-hards" out there as well!), and I see these blokes in their cars thinking " I'll blow this Cressida into the weeds" (You see, apart from the mags and slightly lowered ride height, you can't tell that anything's been done to the car - you have to look closely to see the 330mm brakes it runs...). Then they **** off at the lights, and the wife and I are cruising off, having a laugh to ourselves. With 150+RWKW in a 1500kg car, I have enough performance to "get by" without having to prove it everywhere I go...Oh, and our "other" car is a 5Lt EB Ghia. Stock, and happily so, ATM.

Of course, there are the other Holden/Ford blokes. You know, the ones who drive tastefully "enhanced" vehicles, with clean paint, a reasonable engine with some subtle but effective performance mods, and who not only keep their cars in good nick, but drive them having regard to the conditions/people around them. These guys I respect.

The rice-boys (in whatever they drive), I haven't much time for.

(I get the feeling that, judging by the pics of most peoples' cars on this site, that the majority of forum goers probably fit into the latter category...)
Old 16-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #54
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by biased99

The rice-boys (in whatever they drive), I haven't much time for.

(I get the feeling that, judging by the pics of most peoples' cars on this site, that the majority of forum goers probably fit into the latter category...)
What? rice boys? or was that a mistake?

Old 16-03-2005, 01:01 PM   #55
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
What? rice boys? or was that a mistake?
No, the latter of the two categories above the rice boys bit...
Old 09-08-2005, 02:15 AM   #56
VTSPAK

People, Just because you are ford lovers, dont be too fast to judge people driving holdens saying all holden drivers are stupid, im 18/m driving a VT S-pack 5 speed, i dont drive stupid.. too much money in that car to drive it like an idiot, i have seen someone just got their brand new BA XR8, has gone around a corner and dumped it, slid out sideways and run some dude over... i used to drive a ford, until i ran a red light and cleand up a VN SS, my mate drives fords, we go out back streets drifting, its an XF, plus he just bought an F100 and we go drifting and burning up the streets in that.. im not saying holden drivers are idiots, coz i agree, majority of 'p' platers drive thrashed out holdens.. only coz holdens can take a thrashing over fords... so its probably 50-50 of stupid drivers in holdens.. and fords... so dont be so fast to spread the blame...

secondly i want you to all sit there, and swear on your life that you have never EVER done a burnout, that you have never drifted, dragged, or done anything else stupid on the road.. speeding included.. If you can sit there, and swear on your life that you have never done ANY of the above things... or anything else stupid.. then you have a right to bag out other people driving like idiots.. otherwise.. shutup! you cant talk!

thankyou and goodnight

Old 09-08-2005, 02:18 AM   #57
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSPAK
only coz holdens can take a thrashing over fords...
: : : :

Gotta be one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 AM   #58
VTSPAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
I think its because Holden has been more succesful at marketing the commodore. If you talk to any of the idiots they never have a clue about their car and they only bought it becuse they wanted a Holden. Most of them don't even seem to know why they wanted a commodore and if asked will usually respond with something like: FORDS SUCK OMG! I think that if the marketing situation was reversed you would see more idiots in falcons.

my out look.. Holden have the looks down.. ford have the performance down.. i hate the look of the fords, but i hate the engine in holdens.. if you put a ford engine in a holden.. you would have on hell of a vehicle.. personally i chose holden no.1 because i work for holdens, so if something goes wrong i can get a discount on getting it fixed, plus im not looking for a car that outperforms, i want a car that looks good, plus i have no problem with my vt, it has plenty of power for what i need.. all in all.. i dont have a problem with either Ford or Holden.. but i do prefer holden

Old 09-08-2005, 02:40 AM   #59
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
only coz holdens can take a thrashing over fords...
In my experience, my mates have had their Holdens (in particular commies) back to dealerships way more than mine.

Quote:
dont have a problem with either Ford or Holden.. but i do prefer holden
Same thing but swap Holden with Ford.

It is unfortunately the minority of sheep, posers and losers that buy Holden products that give the rest of you guys a bad rap.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:47 AM   #60
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the Holden crowd have got the VL and VN group to thank for the bad rep. That being said remember its not the car that determines what the driver is like its their attitude towards driving that determines if they are an idiot. T

here are plenty of Holden drivers that are normal law abiding drivers. I get in my mums VT and it doesnt just turn a switch which would make me an idiot. D**kheads are d**kheads in any car.
Closed Thread